DAILY RECORD CROSSWORD

1 view

James Ridgway

Jan 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/4/98

DOES ANY ONE KNOW THE ANSWER TO THE FOLLOWING

SLICE FROM A GOLF FAIRWAY? -I--T

DETAILS OF INTEREST TO STATION MASTER -O-N-S

IF YOU CAN HELP, MANY THANKS

John Oster

Jan 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/4/98

James Ridgway wrote:

> DOES ANY ONE KNOW THE ANSWER TO THE FOLLOWING
>
> SLICE FROM A GOLF FAIRWAY? -I--T

DIVOT

> DETAILS OF INTEREST TO STATION MASTER -O-N-S

POINTS?

Charles Bryant

Jan 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/5/98

In article <68p478$d0p$1...@heliodor.xara.net>,

James Ridgway <jri...@globalnet.co.uk> wrote:
>DOES ANY ONE KNOW THE ANSWER TO THE FOLLOWING
>
>SLICE FROM A GOLF FAIRWAY? -I--T

Divot.

>DETAILS OF INTEREST TO STATION MASTER -O-N-S

Points.

Mark Shaw

Jan 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/5/98

In article <68pf3m$2...@bgtnsc03.worldnet.att.net>, John Oster <wordk...@worldnet.att.net> writes:

>James Ridgway wrote:

>> DETAILS OF INTEREST TO STATION MASTER -O-N-S
>>

>POINTS?

Yep. "Points" is UKoGBaNIan for the USAn "switches," and since
Mr. Ridgway posted from a .uk address I think we can assume this
"Daily Record" of his is a UKoGBaNIan newspaper.

Now stop shouting, you guys.

--
Mark Shaw
My opinions only

Richard J. Waters

Jan 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/7/98

On Sun, 4 Jan 1998 22:55:51 -0000, "James Ridgway"
<jri...@globalnet.co.uk> wrote:

>DOES ANY ONE KNOW THE ANSWER TO THE FOLLOWING
>
>SLICE FROM A GOLF FAIRWAY? -I--T
>

>DETAILS OF INTEREST TO STATION MASTER -O-N-S
>

>IF YOU CAN HELP, MANY THANKS

How about "divot"
IMHO

Mike Naylor

Jan 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/8/98

jri...@globalnet.co.uk (James Ridgway) screamed:

richard...@sprintmail.com (Richard J. Waters) wrote:
>How about "divot"

Divot was easy, but since I don't know what a station master is (presumably
a British term), all I can say is that the answer is probably one of these:

boings boinks boongs bounds cornus counts doings donnés doonas founds
founts goings hounds joints lownds mornes mounds mounts noints no-nos
poinds points pornos pounds rounds somnus sounds tonnes wounds zounds

--
Mike Naylor - myfirstname...@mail.serve.com
Play Five by Five Poker at http://www.serve.com/games/

Charles Bryant

Jan 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/15/98

In article <34b41ad4....@news.gate.net>,
Mike Naylor <you.kn...@you.love.him> wrote:
>jri...@globalnet.co.uk (James Ridgway) screamed:

>>DETAILS OF INTEREST TO STATION MASTER -O-N-S
>
>Divot was easy, but since I don't know what a station master is (presumably
>a British term),

The person in charge of a railway station. 'Points' is the term for
the device at the junction of two tracks which directs a train onto
the selected track.