MTG poker (playing card) decks

Mike

Jun 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/27/99
Has anyone seen or heard of poker cards with the standard MTG design on the
back?
I got a couple of these as a gift from WOTC years ago (AQ had just come
out), and they said they were very rare. They said they were printed just
for the heck of it after the Alpha's were printed because they had extra
paper and Carta Mundi already had poker card artwork on hand.
Then, much later, I heard that DCI was giving poker decks to new members
when they join. Does anyone know if this is true, and if so, are these any
different from the original pokers decks, like maybe with white border or
different artwork?
I've always wondered if they're worth anything and if I should hang on to
them. I've searched every newsgroup and buy/sell site I can find and haven't
seen a single mention of 'em.

Thanks
MC

Bob Flaminio

Jun 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/27/99
Mike <ran...@modnar.com> wrote in message

Everyone who joins the DCI gets a poker deck, so there's a lot of them out
there. I don't imagine they're worth particularly much.

-Bob

Ivan Bartolovic

Jun 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/28/99
Bob Flaminio <b...@flaminio.com> wrote:

> Everyone who joins the DCI gets a poker deck, so there's a lot of them out
> there. I don't imagine they're worth particularly much.

> -Bob

I never got one, and this is the first time I've ever even heard of smth
like that. Should I complain to the WoTC?

--
Bye 4 now,
Ivan.

www.foi.hr/~ibartolo/