LSJ - tasty timing

0 vue

Reyda

non lue,
8 mars 2002, 18:52:3808/03/2002
hi =)

Two vampires in combat (rake and another one). Both vampires have 2 blood on
them.
first round, rake plays immortal grapple, both vampire strike for one. no
one prevents, so when rake plays blur for one additional, he is empty. He
replaces the blur by a Pushing the limit. He could torporize his opponent,
but he has no blood left. He choses to play taste of vitae, gaining one
blood, and then spend it to play the Pushing, thus torporizing his foe.

Is this play of taste of vitae legal ? or rake should have played it before
the blur ?

reyda

Tommy Engvik

non lue,
8 mars 2002, 19:03:5408/03/2002
On Sat, 9 Mar 2002 00:52:38 +0100, "Reyda" <true_...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

As above, I'll try to answer this one, hoping for the best :)

Only usable ->after strike resolution<-. This vampire gains an amount
of blood equal to the amount lost by the opposing vampire to damage
during this round of combat.

On the official Clarifications site, it says:

The blood is gained immediately, and can be used to heal damage from
future strikes, even in the same round. [TOM 19951217]

Also see
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=msgid%3a4b1ofq$9...@darkstar.UCSC.EDU

You can play Taste of Vitæ after the intial strike resolution. Or so I
think :)
--
Tommy Engvik | to...@tragisk.com | www.tragisk.com

The Lasombra

non lue,
8 mars 2002, 19:23:4608/03/2002
"Reyda" <true_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> hi =)

Hi. :>

> Two vampires in combat (rake and another one). Both vampires
> have 2 blood on them.
> first round, rake plays immortal grapple, both vampire strike
> for one. no one prevents, so when rake plays blur for one

> additional strike, he is empty. He replaces the blur by a

> Pushing the limit. He could torporize his opponent, but he has
> no blood left. He choses to play taste of vitae, gaining one
> blood, and then spend it to play the Pushing, thus torporizing
> his foe.

> Is this play of taste of vitae legal ?

Yes.
You may play Taste of Vitae "after" strike resolution.
After gaining additional strikes is "after" strike resolution.

> or rake should have played it before the blur ?

Up to him.

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com

Stone

non lue,
8 mars 2002, 19:36:3308/03/2002

"The Lasombra" <thela...@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message news:
cc8e533cecbc1b496ed...@mygate.mailgate.org...

> You may play Taste of Vitae "after" strike resolution.
> After gaining additional strikes is "after" strike resolution.

I thought "after" always meant "immediately after". oh well...

Stone

LSJ

non lue,
9 mars 2002, 08:53:2409/03/2002

It does.
Play Taste before Blur.
Or (immediately) after one of the additional strikes.
[LSJ 20-FEB-2001]

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Talo...@nospam.hotmail.com

non lue,
10 mars 2002, 23:53:3910/03/2002
On Sat, 09 Mar 2002 13:53:24 GMT, LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

>Stone wrote:
>>
>> "The Lasombra" <thela...@hotmail.com> a ecrit dans le message news:

>> cc8e533cecbc1b496ed...@mygate.mailgate.org...
>>
>> > You may play Taste of Vitae "after" strike resolution.
>> > After gaining additional strikes is "after" strike resolution.
>>
>> I thought "after" always meant "immediately after". oh well...
>
>It does.
>Play Taste before Blur.
>Or (immediately) after one of the additional strikes.
>[LSJ 20-FEB-2001]

Can you play multiple tastes in the same strike resolution to double
up on the blood lost, in this case (1 blood lost due to damage) play X
tastes for X blood gain?

Or since you already 'tasted' that 1 lost blood, you can't taste the
same blood over and over?

The Lasombra

non lue,
11 mars 2002, 00:12:5111/03/2002
"Talonz51" <Talo...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Can you play multiple tastes in the same strike resolution to double
> up on the blood lost, in this case (1 blood lost due to damage) play X
> tastes for X blood gain?

You may play as many Taste of Vitaes as you like.
You will only gain 1 blood, since only 1 blood was lost due to damage.

Sabbat War Card Text follows:

Taste of Vitae [Jyhad, V:TES, SW]
Cardtype: Combat
Only usable after strike resolution.

This vampire gains an amount of blood equal to the amount lost
by the opposing vampire to damage during this round of combat.

Not usable by a vampire going into torpor. Blood loss counted
by a previous Taste of Vitae is not counted again.

> Or since you already 'tasted' that 1 lost blood, you can't taste the
> same blood over and over?

Right.

LSJ

non lue,
11 mars 2002, 06:27:5611/03/2002
The Lasombra wrote:
> "Talonz51" <Talo...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Can you play multiple tastes in the same strike resolution to double
> > up on the blood lost, in this case (1 blood lost due to damage) play X
> > tastes for X blood gain?
>
> You may play as many Taste of Vitaes as you like.
> You will only gain 1 blood, since only 1 blood was lost due to damage.
>
> Sabbat War Card Text follows:
> [...] Blood loss counted

> by a previous Taste of Vitae is not counted again.

Correct.

0 nouveau message