LSJ Timing Questions

vtes...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2005, 5:40:15 PM11/21/05
If a card lets you do X when Y is played, can you do X then play
soomething to cancel Y.

Example: Sascha Vykos lets you draw a card whenever someone plays a
master card.

If Meth A plays Blood Doll can Sascha then draw a card, get a sudden
and then sudden the Blood Doll, or is using the ability come after the
playing of a card?

There is also a new Nagaraja that lets you look at someone's hand when
they play a master card, can you look at their hand and then choose
whether to sudden the card?

Thanks,
David

floppyz...@netscape.net

Nov 21, 2005, 6:16:01 PM11/21/05
You may not use a Sudden Reversal you have drawn with Sascha adv's
special ability.

Concerning the Nagaraja, it is written on the card that you may look at
the opponent's hand after replacing. Since you do not replace until you
know no Sudden (or Direct ...) will be played, it is clear that you
cannot play a Sudden reversal after seeing the hand.

Gregory Stuart Pettigrew

Nov 21, 2005, 6:28:53 PM11/21/05

Since the card is considered "played" even if it is cancelled, I would
lean toward "yes". Strangely, I remember a ruling that suggested that
DI/Sudden was played before the cancelled card was even replaced, but I
can't find any evidence that such a ruling actually exists.

--
- Gregory Stuart Pettigrew

LSJ

Nov 21, 2005, 6:48:42 PM11/21/05
vtes...@gmail.com wrote:

> If a card lets you do X when Y is played, can you do X then play
> soomething to cancel Y.

No. Canceling Y "as it is played" must be done as it is played, not
after X.

> Example: Sascha Vykos lets you draw a card whenever someone plays a
> master card.
>
> If Meth A plays Blood Doll can Sascha then draw a card, get a sudden
> and then sudden the Blood Doll, or is using the ability come after the
> playing of a card?

No.

> There is also a new Nagaraja that lets you look at someone's hand when
> they play a master card, can you look at their hand and then choose
> whether to sudden the card?

No. You have to Sudden (or not) first. After you look, the card is
no longer being played.

--
That is my story, be it bitter or be it sweet.
Keep a little and let a little come back to me.

firstco...@aol.com

Nov 23, 2005, 8:26:30 AM11/23/05
> > Example: Sascha Vykos lets you draw a card whenever someone plays a
> > master card.
> >
> > If Meth A plays Blood Doll can Sascha then draw a card, get a sudden
> > and then sudden the Blood Doll, or is using the ability come after the
> > playing of a card?
>
> No.

Can you sudden the Blood Doll, then use Sascha's ability to draw a
card?

> > There is also a new Nagaraja that lets you look at someone's hand when
> > they play a master card, can you look at their hand and then choose
> > whether to sudden the card?
>
> No. You have to Sudden (or not) first. After you look, the card is
> no longer being played.

Could you Sudden (as played) and then look (since it was still
"played")? Or is it too late?

-- Brian

LSJ

Nov 23, 2005, 8:59:02 AM11/23/05
firstco...@aol.com wrote:
>>>Example: Sascha Vykos lets you draw a card whenever someone plays a
>>>master card.
>>>
>>>If Meth A plays Blood Doll can Sascha then draw a card, get a sudden
>>>and then sudden the Blood Doll, or is using the ability come after the
>>>playing of a card?
>>
>>No.
>
> Can you sudden the Blood Doll, then use Sascha's ability to draw a
> card?

Yes.

>>>There is also a new Nagaraja that lets you look at someone's hand when
>>>they play a master card, can you look at their hand and then choose
>>>whether to sudden the card?
>>
>>No. You have to Sudden (or not) first. After you look, the card is
>>no longer being played.
>
> Could you Sudden (as played) and then look (since it was still
> "played")? Or is it too late?

Yes. You Sudden first and then look.