Regent question.

lovre

Sep 29, 2006, 2:12:48 PM9/29/06
Master Regent states that sabbat vampires may enter combat with this
vampire as a D-action. Does the same apply to vampires which have the
regent title by default? (Sha-Ennu)

Was wondering, because it seems kind of stupid if I, say, contest my
title with Sha-Ennu via a master card, and supposedly I win, everyone
playing a sabbat clan can enter combat with me, while no one can touch
Sha-Ennu by default if the same disability does not come with the regent
title by default.

LSJ

Sep 29, 2006, 2:37:34 PM9/29/06
lovre wrote:
> Master Regent states that sabbat vampires may enter combat with this
> vampire as a D-action. Does the same apply to vampires which have the
> regent title by default? (Sha-Ennu)

No. Similarly, Praxis Seizure: Paris says that if the prince is a
Toreador, his capacity is increased, but the existence of that card
doesn't mean Francois Villon's capacity is 11 while he remains Prince
of Paris.

> Was wondering, because it seems kind of stupid if I, say, contest my
> title with Sha-Ennu via a master card, and supposedly I win, everyone
> playing a sabbat clan can enter combat with me, while no one can touch
> Sha-Ennu by default if the same disability does not come with the regent
> title by default.

Not silly. Just card text.

lovre

Sep 29, 2006, 3:28:24 PM9/29/06
LSJ wrote:
> Not silly. Just card text.

Ok, which sabbat title required cards can a regent play? Like, cardinal,
archbishop, bishop, prisci, or what?

THANK YOU :*

LSJ

Sep 29, 2006, 4:01:57 PM9/29/06

The ones that require a regent and the ones that require a cardinal.

Gregory Stuart Pettigrew

Sep 29, 2006, 4:06:21 PM9/29/06

All cards that require a Cardinal or a Regent can be played by a
Regent. At this time, that's any card that requires a Sabbat title.

--
- Gregory Stuart Pettigrew

PS - monger needs to update its text for Regent.

texasjusticar

Sep 29, 2006, 4:26:58 PM9/29/06

Gregory Stuart Pettigrew wrote:
> PS - monger needs to update its text for Regent.

Rather than update card text on a one by one basis, I'm going to wait
for the import to be done. I'll work on that after NAC. Till then the
WW site is obviously more correct than Monger.

Ethan Burrow - the pre/vic guy
http://monger.vekn.org
http://presence.vekn.org

Archibald Zimonyi

Oct 2, 2006, 5:47:25 AM10/2/06
Just to clarify. Apart from all cards that specifically requires
regent, a regent can play all cards that require a cardinal even though
it doesn't say regent? Is this valid for all such cards?

Do you want a list of the cards that require cardinal but lack regent??

Archie

LSJ

Oct 2, 2006, 7:57:47 AM10/2/06
Archibald Zimonyi wrote:
> LSJ wrote:

> > lovre wrote:
> > > Ok, which sabbat title required cards can a regent play? Like, cardinal,
> > > archbishop, bishop, prisci, or what?
> >
> > The ones that require a regent and the ones that require a cardinal.
> Just to clarify. Apart from all cards that specifically requires
> regent, a regent can play all cards that require a cardinal even though
> it doesn't say regent? Is this valid for all such cards?

"The regent counts as cardinal by cards and other effects, ..."
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/rulebook/rulebook.html#sec10_2

Archibald Zimonyi

Oct 2, 2006, 8:46:04 AM10/2/06
Ah, haven't read the new rulebook.

Will the online card texts (and CSV) be updated to include "regent" as
a requirement even though this is stated in the above segment in the
rulebook??

I noticed that a Third Edition card only included cardinal as a
requirement but that some older cards (haven't checked if those were
reprints) did in fact include both cardinal and regent.

Archie

Gregory Stuart Pettigrew

Oct 2, 2006, 9:15:47 AM10/2/06
> Will the online card texts (and CSV) be updated to include "regent" as
> a requirement even though this is stated in the above segment in the
> rulebook??
>
> I noticed that a Third Edition card only included cardinal as a
> requirement but that some older cards (haven't checked if those were
> reprints) did in fact include both cardinal and regent.

Really? Which ones?

Gregory Stuart Pettigrew

Oct 2, 2006, 9:20:35 AM10/2/06
Archibald Zimonyi wrote:
> > "The regent counts as cardinal by cards and other effects, ..."
> > http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/rulebook/rulebook.html#sec10_2
> Ah, haven't read the new rulebook.

Note that this way *always true* of the Regent Title given the wording
of the Sabbat War printing of the card.

Archibald Zimonyi

Oct 2, 2006, 10:29:53 AM10/2/06
The cards below are based on the CSV file from a couple of weeks ago.

The Third edition card Gurchon Hall only has Cardinal as a requirement,
not Regent (as from my understanding of this thread it should have).

Blood Feast is a card originally from the Sabbat expansion. Regent (the
Master card) was first seen in Sabbat War. The current cardtext
includes Regent as a requirement.

Only two examples.

Archie

LSJ

Oct 2, 2006, 10:47:58 AM10/2/06
Archibald Zimonyi wrote:
> The cards below are based on the CSV file from a couple of weeks ago.
>
> The Third edition card Gurchon Hall only has Cardinal as a requirement,
> not Regent (as from my understanding of this thread it should have).
>
> Blood Feast is a card originally from the Sabbat expansion. Regent (the
> Master card) was first seen in Sabbat War. The current cardtext
> includes Regent as a requirement.

New CSV available now.

Archibald Zimonyi

Oct 2, 2006, 10:54:17 AM10/2/06
Is there a list of changes done to the CSV file, at least between the
latest version and the previous?? Can it be added to the ZIP file? It
would be very useful info for those that use the file.

What changes were made in this new CSV?? Only changes in reference to
the above discussion? Only the two cards mentioned? Or more?

Archie

LSJ

Oct 2, 2006, 11:16:50 AM10/2/06
Archibald Zimonyi wrote:
> Is there a list of changes done to the CSV file, at least between the
> latest version and the previous?? Can it be added to the ZIP file? It
> would be very useful info for those that use the file.

Standard comparison engines should be able to pick up whatever
defferences there are. Not sure the benefit to including it in the zip
would be "very useful".

> What changes were made in this new CSV?? Only changes in reference to
> the above discussion? Only the two cards mentioned? Or more?

All the cardinal-allows-regent things.
Plus any other nits I've corrected in the meantime, if any. I fix the
source document at any time if I find an error (or someone else points
out an error). I don't keep a change log on those corrections, sorry.

Emiliano Imeroni

Oct 2, 2006, 1:44:34 PM10/2/06

LSJ wrote:
> All the cardinal-allows-regent things.
> Plus any other nits I've corrected in the meantime, if any. I fix the
> source document at any time if I find an error (or someone else points
> out an error). I don't keep a change log on those corrections, sorry.

Can I suggest one more correction?

The new csv (and html online list) has as first entry:
"Dragon's Breath" OR DBR
instead of
Dragon's Breath Rounds.

Best,