Rotschreck, Hidden Lurker, etc.

Name

Feb 18, 2005, 1:50:45 AM2/18/05
Okay, first I apologize if I'm beating an already decayed horse, but there's
something I don't get about Rotschreck even after reading numerous threads.

Okay, so Agrippina bleeds, Basilia blocks. Agrippina Dodges, Basilia hits
aggravated hands and her controller plays Rotschreck. The Rotschreck goes on
Agrippina and she would go to torpor, but Calebros plays a Hidden Lurker and
enters combat with Basilia.

Now according to several threads, the Hidden Lurker somehow cancels the "go
to torpor" effect of the Rotschreck. And I think it has something to do with
this ruling from LSJ: "Effects that end combat and then do something else
after combat (all in the single resolution of the effect) will fizzle if
combat doesn't end or if a new combat is started. (Changes: Rotschreck
followed by Fast Reaction or Psyche! will nullify the torpor effect.)"

I can see that agrippina playing psyche or telepathic tracking would cancel
the torpor effect (because you're continuing combat with the minion that
would've gone to torpor). I can see that having another minion play fast
reaction would cancel Basilia's controller's own rotschrek torpor effect.
But I don't see how hidden lurker fits in here.

Thanks!

Neil

LSJ

Feb 18, 2005, 6:00:18 AM2/18/05

It starts a new combat. Starting a new combat causes the rest of
"end combat and do something else" to fizzle.

James Coupe

Feb 18, 2005, 5:53:50 AM2/18/05
In message <9fgRd.9047$hU7....@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>, Name

<na...@name.com> writes:
>I can see that agrippina playing psyche or telepathic tracking would cancel
>the torpor effect (because you're continuing combat with the minion that
>would've gone to torpor). I can see that having another minion play fast
>reaction would cancel Basilia's controller's own rotschrek torpor effect.
>But I don't see how hidden lurker fits in here.

Fast Reaction and Hidden Lurker effectively go off at the same time.

You play them both in the "Combat is over" bit. If you can see that
Fast Reaction is playable and interrupts Rotschreck, Hidden Lurker can
be played just before the Fast Reaction would be (i.e. by the acting
minion, rather than the reacting minion, as the acting Methuselah always
gets the chance to go first).

--
James Coupe "Why do so many talented people turn out to be sexual
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D deviants? Why can't they just be normal like me and

andrea....@infinito.it

Feb 18, 2005, 6:11:02 AM2/18/05
Imagine this way if you like:
Agrippina is striken by blind terror from the image of what Basilia
could do to her and is ready to flee and go hide far far away when
suddenly a sewer lid opens, calebros arrives, and manages to calm
agrippina using these words: "do not worry, darling, i'll discuss with
the lady from now on".
Basilia is striken from "fou rire" and cannot defend for the first
round.....

Andrea