LSJ - Sorry to bother you, trivial question...

Hamdamcwa

Feb 23, 2001, 11:21:56 PM2/23/01
Can Coma, or Entombment for that matter, be played at long range? I think it' s
a yes, much like S:CE or Dodge.

Best regards

DH

Halcyan 2

Feb 24, 2001, 4:12:12 AM2/24/01
>Can Coma, or Entombment for that matter, be played at long range? I think it'
>a yes, much like S:CE or Dodge.

Actually no. Unless the strike specifically says it can be played at long range
(including R damage), it only works for close.

So while Theft of Vitae works at long (due to card text), the very similar
Tongue of the Serpent, which lacks such text, only works at close.

I think S:CE and Dodges are just special case scenarios.

Halcyan 2

P.S. Actually, I'm a bit unclear on the "played" vs. "effective" thing. The
stuff I just posted refers to it being effective (as in superior Coma will
actually send the opposing vampire to Coma). I *think* you can "play" Coma at
long range (technically), it's just that it has no effect at that range.

LSJ

Feb 24, 2001, 8:01:46 AM2/24/01
Halcyan 2 wrote:

>> Can Coma, or Entombment for that matter, be played at long range? I think it'
>> a yes, much like S:CE or Dodge.
>>

> Actually no. Unless the strike specifically says it can be played at long range
> (including R damage), it only works for close.

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/