[LSJ] - Clarification of Bleed at 0

James Scott

Sep 14, 2006, 2:30:40 AM9/14/06
Clarification please LSJ -

There are a lot of contradictory posts about bleeds at 0 (both
resolution & minions).

To clear up some discussion within our playgroup...

When performing a bleed action, are "successful action" and "successful
bleed" distinct?

Does a bleed that resolves with a value of 0 constitute a successful action?

Can a minion with a bleed value of 0 take a bleed action?

Thanks

James
VEKN Prince of Adelaide

Archibald Zimonyi

Sep 14, 2006, 2:37:28 AM9/14/06

James Scott wrote:
> Clarification please LSJ -
>
> There are a lot of contradictory posts about bleeds at 0 (both
> resolution & minions).
>
> To clear up some discussion within our playgroup...
>
> When performing a bleed action, are "successful action" and "successful
> bleed" distinct?

Yes.

> Does a bleed that resolves with a value of 0 constitute a successful action?

Yes, if the bleed for 0 was not blocked it is a successful action. It
is not a successful bleed since that requires the amount would have to
be for more then 0 to be a successful bleed.

> Can a minion with a bleed value of 0 take a bleed action?

Yes. It can always be modified later with action modifiers.

Archie

LSJ

Sep 14, 2006, 6:49:30 AM9/14/06
Archibald Zimonyi wrote:
> James Scott wrote:
> > Clarification please LSJ -
> >
> > There are a lot of contradictory posts about bleeds at 0 (both
> > resolution & minions).

"Lots"?

I don't think so. Not official posts. Not in the last eight years, at
least, anyway.
But whenever contradictory posts are found, use the most recent post
from an official source (usually me).

> > To clear up some discussion within our playgroup...
> >
> > When performing a bleed action, are "successful action" and "successful
> > bleed" distinct?
> >
> Yes.

Correct.
Successful action = action that is unblocked.
Successful bleed = bleed action that resolves successfully for a bleed
amount of 1 or more.

> > Does a bleed that resolves with a value of 0 constitute a successful action?
> >
> Yes, if the bleed for 0 was not blocked it is a successful action. It
> is not a successful bleed since that requires the amount would have to
> be for more then 0 to be a successful bleed.

Correct.

> > Can a minion with a bleed value of 0 take a bleed action?
> >
> Yes. It can always be modified later with action modifiers.

Correct.

James Scott

Sep 14, 2006, 7:27:16 AM9/14/06
LSJ wrote:

> "Lots"?
>
> I don't think so. Not official posts. Not in the last eight years, at
> least, anyway.
> But whenever contradictory posts are found, use the most recent post
> from an official source (usually me).

Well....some :)

Thanks for the quick response.

Cheers