A few rules questions (LSJ)

pu...@o2.pl

Aug 30, 2007, 9:35:38 PM8/30/07
1. Can I look for a Gehenna card and don't find it with Fortschritt
Library (to cycle the Fortschritt Libary)?

2. Do I have to announce which master cards I am exhcanging using
Anthelios, the Red Star? Or when I'm done with the exchange can I
simply refuse to tell which masters I swapped saying something like
'you could have examined my ash heap earlier'?

3. Can I use multiple Dreams of the Sphinx during one turn (for
example draw 2 cards in my untap phase burning Dreams of the Sphinx,
then play another copy in my master phase and tap it immedietely to
get 11 hand size)?

4. Does Second Sight stack? Can I burn multiple copies of it during a
single action to get more than 1 intercept or pseudo-stealth?

5. At which point exactly is Strike with Conviction burned while using
to bleed at +1 bleed? After the action is successfull or after the
action ends? Can I use the same Strike with Conviction that I used to
bleed to get +1 damage when I'm blocked?

6. What happens to Powers put into play via Edge Explosion while it is
burned by The Uncoiling/Black Hand Ritual? Do they stay on the Imbued
and cannot be used (have no effect)? Is it true both for powers with
always-on effects and action/action modifier/reaction-style powers?

7. Can I count the number of cards in my deck while cutting the deck
with Unity? For example leaving certain number of cards at the top/
bottom of the library?

Regards

Aug 30, 2007, 9:47:52 PM8/30/07
IANLSJ (much more handsome) :P
but;

> 1. Can I look for a Gehenna card and don't find it with Fortschritt
> Library (to cycle the Fortschritt Libary)?

yes. you don't have to find something when you search unless card
text specifies (such as Vast Wealth)

> 2. Do I have to announce which master cards I am exhcanging using
> Anthelios, the Red Star? Or when I'm done with the exchange can I
> simply refuse to tell which masters I swapped saying something like
> 'you could have examined my ash heap earlier'?

This I am not sure, I believe you have to anounce it, but I may be
wrong.

> 3. Can I use multiple Dreams of the Sphinx during one turn (for
> example draw 2 cards in my untap phase burning Dreams of the Sphinx,
> then play another copy in my master phase and tap it immedietely to
> get 11 hand size)?

yes.

> 4. Does Second Sight stack? Can I burn multiple copies of it during a
> single action to get more than 1 intercept or pseudo-stealth?

no. card text specifies that you cannot burn more than 1 per action.

> 5. At which point exactly is Strike with Conviction burned while using
> to bleed at +1 bleed? After the action is successfull or after the
> action ends? Can I use the same Strike with Conviction that I used to
> bleed to get +1 damage when I'm blocked?

after the action is successful in the same way as paying the blood
cost for a Legal Manipulation. So yes, you can use it to strike for
+1 damage if you are blocked.

> 6. What happens to Powers put into play via Edge Explosion while it is
> burned by The Uncoiling/Black Hand Ritual? Do they stay on the Imbued
> and cannot be used (have no effect)? Is it true both for powers with
> always-on effects and action/action modifier/reaction-style powers?

I believe that they stay in play and are able to be used. The
conditions to get them are not necessary to use them, (in the same way
as a Femur of Toomler can only be brought into play by a Tzimisce, but
can be used by anyone after that).

> 7. Can I count the number of cards in my deck while cutting the deck
> with Unity? For example leaving certain number of cards at the top/
> bottom of the library?

I don't think so, no.

--> J
grail_pbem "at" hotmail.com

librarian

Aug 30, 2007, 9:52:28 PM8/30/07
pu...@o2.pl wrote:
> 1. Can I look for a Gehenna card and don't find it with Fortschritt
> Library (to cycle the Fortschritt Libary)?

Sure.

> 2. Do I have to announce which master cards I am exhcanging using
> Anthelios, the Red Star? Or when I'm done with the exchange can I
> simply refuse to tell which masters I swapped saying something like
> 'you could have examined my ash heap earlier'?

You must announce the entirety of each play. The only time this doesn't
apply, AFAIK, is when announcing the terms of a referendum before blocks.

> 3. Can I use multiple Dreams of the Sphinx during one turn (for
> example draw 2 cards in my untap phase burning Dreams of the Sphinx,
> then play another copy in my master phase and tap it immedietely to
> get 11 hand size)?

Yes.

> 4. Does Second Sight stack? Can I burn multiple copies of it during a
> single action to get more than 1 intercept or pseudo-stealth?

Card text says " An imbued may burn only one Second Sight for the
following effects each action."

> 5. At which point exactly is Strike with Conviction burned while using
> to bleed at +1 bleed?

When the action is declared.

After the action is successfull or after the
> action ends? Can I use the same Strike with Conviction that I used to
> bleed to get +1 damage when I'm blocked?

Moot.

> 6. What happens to Powers put into play via Edge Explosion while it is
> burned by The Uncoiling/Black Hand Ritual?

They can still use them. Unless it says "This imbued with Innocence..."
or something like that.

Do they stay on the Imbued
> and cannot be used (have no effect)? Is it true both for powers with
> always-on effects and action/action modifier/reaction-style powers?

Sure.

> 7. Can I count the number of cards in my deck while cutting the deck
> with Unity? For example leaving certain number of cards at the top/
> bottom of the library?

Sure.

I am usually wrong about these things, so let's wait and see what LSJ
says...

--
Super Fun Cards
http://stores.ebay.com/superfuncards/

LSJ

Aug 31, 2007, 8:33:50 AM8/31/07
J is correct except as noted below.

J wrote:
> IANLSJ (much more handsome) :P

Incorrect.

> but;
>
>> 1. Can I look for a Gehenna card and don't find it with Fortschritt
>> Library (to cycle the Fortschritt Libary)?
>
> yes. you don't have to find something when you search unless card
> text specifies (such as Vast Wealth)
>
>> 2. Do I have to announce which master cards I am exhcanging using
>> Anthelios, the Red Star? Or when I'm done with the exchange can I
>> simply refuse to tell which masters I swapped saying something like
>> 'you could have examined my ash heap earlier'?
>
> This I am not sure, I believe you have to anounce it, but I may be
> wrong.

Announce, yes. And note that it doesn't matter in this case, since the ash heap
is public information (so both cards would be known immediately) and nothing can
cancel the effect between announcement and execution.

Yes. You can count the number of cards at any time, and may cut a particular
number whenever you cut any deck.

Jeroen

Aug 31, 2007, 8:40:09 AM8/31/07
On 31 aug, 14:33, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> J is correct except as noted below.
>
> J wrote:
> > IANLSJ (much more handsome) :P
>
> Incorrect.

You mean J is you? ;)

Benird

Sep 2, 2007, 11:54:10 PM9/2/07
On Aug 31, 11:52 am, librarian <aucti...@superfuncards.com> wrote:
> pu...@o2.pl wrote:

> > 5. At which point exactly isStrike with Convictionburned while using

> > to bleed at +1 bleed?
>
> When the action is declared.
>
> After the action is successfull or after the
>

> > action ends? Can I use the sameStrike with Convictionthat I used to

> > bleed to get +1 damage when I'm blocked?
>
> Moot.

I'm confused. J has said that Strike With Conviciton is burrned at
action resolution (since it's the cost of the action) and Librarian
has said that using it to get +1 strength is moot?

When is Strike with Conviction burnned? As action resolution (as the
cost of an action), or At action Declaration (effectively making it an
action modifier)?

I see it as an action Modifier so gets burnned when it's used, no
matter if the ation is successful or not.

JH

Sep 3, 2007, 5:27:22 AM9/3/07

Strike with Conviction is burned as a cost. If the action is
unsuccessful you don't burn it.