Charming Lobby Direct Intervention question

1 view

theventrue

Jul 10, 2001, 9:56:44 PM7/10/01
I noticed in the rulings of 20-OCT-00 that you can't DI a card that is not
played in the normal fashion. e.g. cards brought out by disguised weapon and
vast wealth however it doesn't mention charming lobby specifically. Can you
DI the vote called by charming lobby? If so, what happens to the charming
lobby action? Is that the end of the action? Will the next vote still pass
automatically?

LSJ

Jul 11, 2001, 7:00:06 AM7/11/01
>===== Original Message From "theventrue" <chr...@comcen.com.au> =====

No. Moot. Moot. Moot.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Santiago

Jul 11, 2001, 2:24:27 PM7/11/01
In article <3B7F...@MailAndNews.com>, LSJ <vte...@MailAndNews.com>
wrote:

>>===== Original Message From "theventrue" <chr...@comcen.com.au> =====
>>I noticed in the rulings of 20-OCT-00 that you can't DI a card that
>>is not played in the normal fashion. e.g. cards brought out by
>>disguised weapon and vast wealth however it doesn't mention charming
>>lobby specifically. Can you DI the vote called by charming lobby? If
>>so, what happens to the charming lobby action? Is that the end of the
>>action? Will the next vote still pass automatically?
>
>No. Moot. Moot. Moot.

Playing three Moots after a Charming Lobby? I know Moots are a
sort of referendum in Rage, but this cross-game stuff gets very
confusing... :)

Mail: santiago [at] umug [dot] org || Web: http://santiago.umug.org
"Ceci n'est pas un 'sig block'."

BernieTime

Jul 11, 2001, 3:13:16 PM7/11/01
>Can you DI the vote called by charming lobby? If
>>>so, what happens to the charming lobby action? Is that the end of the
>>>action? Will the next vote still pass automatically?
>>
>>No. Moot. Moot. Moot.

Let me elaborate on this. If I am the player that holds
the Direct Intervention, do I have to play it before the
acting minion designates which Political Action
is tied to the Charming Lobby?

LSJ

Jul 11, 2001, 3:28:59 PM7/11/01
>===== Original Message From berni...@aol.com (BernieTime) =====

>>Can you DI the vote called by charming lobby?
>>>No.

>Let me elaborate on this. If I am the player that holds
>the Direct Intervention, do I have to play it before the
>acting minion designates which Political Action
>is tied to the Charming Lobby?

You cannot. The referendum to be called is declared when
the card is played. The player playing Charming Lobby
must declare the action (per the rules). You can then
play DI on the Charming Lobby.

BernieTime

Jul 12, 2001, 3:07:29 AM7/12/01
Hey Scott,

Just wanted to say thanks for the clarification.
Lord knows I kick ya in the knees often enough, least I can
do is say thanks once in awhile ;-)

Bernie

Halcyan 2

Jul 13, 2001, 3:51:36 AM7/13/01
>>>is not played in the normal fashion. e.g. cards brought out by
>>>disguised weapon and vast wealth however it doesn't mention charming
>>>lobby specifically. Can you DI the vote called by charming lobby? If
>>>so, what happens to the charming lobby action? Is that the end of the
>>>action? Will the next vote still pass automatically?
>>
>>No. Moot. Moot. Moot.
>
> Playing three Moots after a Charming Lobby? I know Moots are a
>sort of referendum in Rage, but this cross-game stuff gets very
>confusing... :)

Hey, it it wasn't for the 't's, I'd almost have mistaken Scott for a cow!
(Maybe a werecow?) :)

Halcyan 2

Santiago

Jul 13, 2001, 7:21:56 PM7/13/01
In article <20010713035136...@ng-cp1.aol.com>,
halc...@aol.com (Halcyan 2) wrote:

>>>No. Moot. Moot. Moot.

>Hey, it it wasn't for the 't's, I'd almost have mistaken Scott for a cow!
>(Maybe a werecow?) :)

Yup, and if you piss him off, he shifts into Minos form, where his
horns do agg damage...

Wes

Jul 14, 2001, 8:53:14 AM7/14/01

"Santiago" <sant...@nastyPinkCannedMeat.umug.org> wrote

> Yup, and if you piss him off, he shifts into Minos form, where his
> horns do agg damage...

Why buy the cow when I'm lactose intolerant?