Couple of quick EK questions for LSJ

nutter

Jun 2, 2009, 11:40:54 PM6/2/09
Just want clarification of the following before I start building
decks:
1) 419 operation - clearly these will stack and you can move one pool
from your prey to each one during your untap (so if you've got 4 you
can take 4 pool) but if your prey burns the edge does it burn all the
419's or just one, card text says "this card" so I think they can only
burn them one at a time?

2) Ilomba - was hinted at in another thread but if you put Ilomba on
your own minion and then recruit a War Ghoul can you choose to burn
the Ilomba for the War Ghoul and then burn a blood from the Ilomba's
employer instead or would that not satisfy the requirements of the War
Ghoul (cos no minion has actually been burned)?

Also when will the WW site have the card texts available (the reason I
haven't included card text)?

Chris Berger

Jun 2, 2009, 11:49:57 PM6/2/09
On Jun 2, 10:40 pm, nutter <michael.hall...@immi.gov.au> wrote:
> Just want clarification of the following before I start building
> decks:
> 1) 419 operation - clearly these will stack and you can move one pool
> from your prey to each one during your untap (so if you've got 4 you
> can take 4 pool) but if your prey burns the edge does it burn all the
> 419's or just one, card text says "this card" so I think they can only
> burn them one at a time?

First off... "shhhhhhhhhhhh"
Don't tell everyone. I've got at least 2 evil ideas for "Formula
419".... =)
And yeah, burning the edge burns only 1 of them.

> 2) Ilomba - was hinted at in another thread but if you put Ilomba on
> your own minion and then recruit a War Ghoul can you choose to burn
> the Ilomba for the War Ghoul and then burn a blood from the Ilomba's
> employer instead or would that not satisfy the requirements of the War
> Ghoul (cos no minion has actually been burned)?

Sure. War Ghoul isn't "burn a retainer or ally to put this card into
play". It's "when War Ghoul enters play, burn an ally or retainer you
control"... it's not a cost, it's an effect. Therefore, when he
enters play, you choose your Ilomba to burn, and it tries to burn and
instead causes it's controlling vampire to burn a blood. So it's
taken care of. Still corner case... =)

> Also when will the WW site have the card texts available (the reason I
> haven't included card text)?

Hopefully soon... can't wait to be able to enter the new cards into
inventory and also be able to use them on JOL...

nutter

Jun 3, 2009, 12:07:19 AM6/3/09
Excellent, do your ideas involve Bamba & the army of Rats as well?

Further to this how does the Ilomba deal with excess damage? Is it a
one for one or treated in bulk (I think it's the latter)? So if the
previously mentioned War Ghoul (pfft corner case - I'm building a deck
built on that premise!) enters combat with a minion on whom I've
previously place an Ilomba, plays target retainer to hit the Ilomba
for 4, does the vamp burn four blood or is it seen as burning the
Ilomba so the vamp only takes 1?

Chris Berger

Jun 3, 2009, 12:16:46 AM6/3/09
On Jun 2, 11:07 pm, nutter <michael.hall...@immi.gov.au> wrote:
> Excellent, do your ideas involve Bamba & the army of Rats as well?

Army of Rats, no. Seems pointless, especially since Osebo don't have
animalism, and it doesn't a) keep them from bleeding, b) force them to
use the edge for something else, or c) punish them for getting the
edge. Bamba, I couldn't find room for. Maybe in another incarnation
of the deck. I won't say whether or not I thought about Form of
Corruption or if I actually put it into my Formula 419 deck... =)

> Further to this how does the Ilomba deal with excess damage? Is it a
> one for one or treated in bulk (I think it's the latter)? So if the
> previously mentioned War Ghoul (pfft corner case - I'm building a deck
> built on that premise!) enters combat with a minion on whom I've
> previously place an Ilomba, plays target retainer to hit the Ilomba
> for 4, does the vamp burn four blood or is it seen as burning the
> Ilomba so the vamp only takes 1?

For all intents and purposes, Ilomba treats each single point of
damage as it comes.

Blooded Sand

Jun 3, 2009, 3:43:57 AM6/3/09
On Jun 3, 5:49 am, Chris Berger <ark...@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
> On Jun 2, 10:40 pm, nutter <michael.hall...@immi.gov.au> wrote:> Just want clarification of the following before I start building
> > decks:
> > 1) 419 operation - clearly these will stack and you can move one pool
> > from your prey to each one during your untap (so if you've got 4 you
> > can take 4 pool) but if your prey burns the edge does it burn all the
> > 419's or just one, card text says "this card" so I think they can only
> > burn them one at a time?
>
> First off...  "shhhhhhhhhhhh"
> Don't tell everyone.  I've got at least 2 evil ideas for "Formula
> 419"....  =)
> And yeah, burning the edge burns only 1 of them.
>
> > 2) Ilomba - was hinted at in another thread but if you put Ilomba on
> > your own minion and then recruit a War Ghoul can you choose to burn
> > the Ilomba for the War Ghoul and then burn a blood from the Ilomba's
> > employer instead or would that not satisfy the requirements of the War
> > Ghoul (cos no minion has actually been burned)?
>
> Sure.  War Ghoul isn't "burn a retainer or ally to put this card into
> play".  It's "when War Ghoul enters play, burn an ally or retainer you
> control"...  it's not a cost, it's an effect.  Therefore, when he
> enters play, you choose your Ilomba to burn, and it tries to burn and
> instead causes it's controlling vampire to burn a blood.  So it's
> taken care of.  Still corner case... =)

So in context of my query yesterday as to who controls Ilomba after it
is in play. If Meth A has Vamp 1, and Meth B has Vamp 2. Vamp 1 places
an Ilomba onto Vamp 2. If Meth A still controls that Ilomba, then if
Vamp 1 recruits a War Ghoul, Meth A may choose to burn the Ilomba on
Vamp 2?

If true, that is very sick, and not cornercase at all.....

LSJ

Jun 3, 2009, 6:07:09 AM6/3/09
Blooded Sand wrote:
> So in context of my query yesterday as to who controls Ilomba after it
> is in play. If Meth A has Vamp 1, and Meth B has Vamp 2. Vamp 1 places
> an Ilomba onto Vamp 2. If Meth A still controls that Ilomba, then if
> Vamp 1 recruits a War Ghoul, Meth A may choose to burn the Ilomba on
> Vamp 2?

Ilomba is a minion card, so it is controlled by the controller of the minion it
is on.

Nick M

Jun 3, 2009, 6:26:02 AM6/3/09
On Jun 3, 1:49 pm, Chris Berger <ark...@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
> On Jun 2, 10:40 pm, nutter <michael.hall...@immi.gov.au> wrote:> Just want clarification of the following before I start building
> > decks:
> > 1) 419 operation - clearly these will stack and you can move one pool
> > from your prey to each one during your untap (so if you've got 4 you
> > can take 4 pool) but if your prey burns the edge does it burn all the
> > 419's or just one, card text says "this card" so I think they can only
> > burn them one at a time?
>
> First off...  "shhhhhhhhhhhh"
> Don't tell everyone.  I've got at least 2 evil ideas for "Formula
> 419"....  =)

I planned to play lots of 419 and stop my prey getting the edge with
Folderol (or Ignis Fatuus). Crypt doesn't match up that great of
course :-)

Nick

Blooded Sand

Jun 3, 2009, 8:12:21 AM6/3/09

So it would be affected by Can't take it with you? Sweeeeeeeet!

LSJ

Jun 3, 2009, 8:27:48 AM6/3/09

Just like Charnas, yes.

Chris Berger

Jun 3, 2009, 9:20:04 AM6/3/09
At least with Ignis Fatuus, you can play Mata Hari who can play the
419's and can also provide Cloaks for your Osebo. Plus, you can have
skill cards for chimerstry. On the other hand, I.F. costs a blood
unlike Folderol, but it can also be useful against bleeds for 6 which
your grand prey would probably be happy to block if you can reduce the
stealth...

John P.

Jun 3, 2009, 12:19:56 PM6/3/09
On Jun 2, 10:49 pm, Chris Berger <ark...@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:

> Sure.  War Ghoul isn't "burn a retainer or ally to put this card into
> play".  It's "when War Ghoul enters play, burn an ally or retainer you
> control"...  it's not a cost, it's an effect.  Therefore, when he
> enters play, you choose your Ilomba to burn, and it tries to burn and
> instead causes it's controlling vampire to burn a blood.  So it's
> taken care of.  Still corner case... =)

Just so I am clear, you can recruit a war ghoul without controlling an
ally or retainer but if you do the war ghoul becomes the ally or
retainer to be burnt?

John P
Winnipeg

Chris Berger

Jun 3, 2009, 1:00:37 PM6/3/09
yep.

Juggernaut1981

Jun 3, 2009, 8:00:40 PM6/3/09

Or in other words... Recruiting a War Ghoul when you have no allies or
retainers is just a fancy way of taking an action to burn 4 of your
own pool and put a War Ghoul into your ash heap. If someone can
figure out how to make THAT a winning strategy....

Chris Berger

Jun 3, 2009, 8:40:42 PM6/3/09

Far from being a "fancy" way of doing that, I think it's the only way
of doing that. If there's another way to take an action to burn 4
pool and put a War Ghoul in your ash heap, I'm sure it's fancier than
that way... =)

I suppose that having a Famed vampire play a Chair of Hades on your
own War Ghoul with Daring the Dawn would be a fancy way to take an
action to burn *3 pool* and put a War Ghoul in your ash heap, but it's
1 pool short of the goal. If there's a Tension in the Ranks in play,
then that would make it cost you 5 pool...

As for ever being useful... well, there are easier ways to lose
yourself pool. And easier ways of getting cards in the ashheap... ;)

alei...@stny.rr.com

Jun 4, 2009, 7:54:10 PM6/4/09
Rather than start a new topic on EK questions, I figured I'd add to
this one.

When one plays Exile, does it function like Banishment where all the
blood counters and any other junk they possess go with them to the
uncontrolled region, or are all of those items removed? Thanks in
advance.

Exile. Action. 2 blood.

+1 Stealth Action

pre: D: Tap an ally or younger vampire and untap this acting vampire.

PRE: D: Tap X Orun on this vampire to send a vampire or imbued with
capaity or cost 2X or less to his or her owner's uncontrolled region.

LSJ

Jun 4, 2009, 7:58:11 PM6/4/09
alei...@stny.rr.com wrote:
> Rather than start a new topic on EK questions, I figured I'd add to
> this one.

Starting new topics are a good choice when you're starting new topics.

> When one plays Exile, does it function like Banishment where all the
> blood counters and any other junk they possess go with them to the
> uncontrolled region,

Yes.