[LSJ] Titles, Votes and Additional Votes

Juggernaut1981

Jun 1, 2010, 6:47:26 AM6/1/10
Okay,
There was something of a debate at our local group last night about
the nature of Votes, Additional Votes and when a vampire is "titled".

Could you please give a clear single statement about the nature of
Additional Votes, and prefereably add something to the official
rulings list (if something relevant is not already there)?

From what I remember, sources of additional votes do NOT convey
"Titled"-ness to a vampire. For example cards such as Firebrand,
Legendary Vampire and the effect of 3xOrun do NOT make the vampire
with those cards titled.

Alternatively, an Independant Vampire with 1 Vote, is a "Titled"
vampire.

This becomes important particularly with something like Fee Stake:
XXX.

IF additional votes do NOT convey a "title", then any votes held by a
vampire with, for example Legendary Vampire + 6x Orun, would NOT be
affected by Fee Stake: XXX or any other card that reduces the votes of
"titled" vampires. Additionally, it would mean that the vampire could
NOT be targeted by any card which chooses a "titled" vampire.

---------
Fee Stake: Boston
Type: Action
Requires: anarch,capacity above 4
Requires a ready anarch with capacity above 4. +1 stealth action.
Title.
Put this card on the acting anarch to represent the unique anarch
title of Baron of Boston. This may lead to a contested title. If this
anarch is Toreador or Toreador antitribu, he or she gets 1 additional
vote in referendums he or she calls. Any vampire can call a referendum
to burn this card as a +1 stealth political action. In that
referendum, non-anarch titles are worth 1 fewer votes.

LSJ

Jun 1, 2010, 7:06:10 AM6/1/10
On Jun 1, 6:47 am, Juggernaut1981 <brasscompo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay,
> There was something of a debate at our local group last night about
> the nature of Votes, Additional Votes and when a vampire is "titled".
>
> Could you please give a clear single statement about the nature of
> Additional Votes, and prefereably add something to the official
> rulings list (if something relevant is not already there)?

?

"Additional votes" is just self-defining.

> From what I remember, sources of additional votes do NOT convey
> "Titled"-ness to a vampire.

Correct. Having votes is not the same as being titled.

>  For example cards such as Firebrand,
> Legendary Vampire and the effect of 3xOrun do NOT make the vampire
> with those cards titled.
>
> Alternatively, an Independant Vampire with 1 Vote, is a "Titled"
> vampire.

The card text on a crypt card "Me has 1 vote." is a title, yes.
[10.4]

> This becomes important particularly with something like Fee Stake:
> XXX.
>
> IF additional votes do NOT convey a "title", then any votes held by a
> vampire with, for example Legendary Vampire + 6x Orun, would NOT be
> affected by Fee Stake: XXX or any other card that reduces the votes of
> "titled" vampires.  Additionally, it would mean that the vampire could
> NOT be targeted by any card which chooses a "titled" vampire.

Correct. (unless that vampire also had an actual title).

The Lasombra

Jun 1, 2010, 8:18:23 AM6/1/10
On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 03:47:26 -0700 (PDT), Juggernaut1981 wrote:

>Okay,
>There was something of a debate at our local group last night about
>the nature of Votes, Additional Votes and when a vampire is "titled".

So you looked at the FAQ and resolved it immediately?

http://www.thelasombra.com/vtes_faq.htm

3.35 Which vampires are titled?

Which vampires have fewer votes in a Free States Rant vote?

Sabbat titles:
Bishop
Archbishop
Priscus
Cardinal
Regent

Camarilla titles:
Primogen
Prince
Justicar
Inner Circle

Independent titles:
1 vote
2 votes
3 votes
Liaison

Anarch titles:
Baron

Laibon titles:
Magaji
Kholo

These are only for cards that come into play with their titles.
Any other card that grants votes must explicitly state that it
is granting a title for the votes to count as a title.

Is a vampire "titled" if he has votes from Ancestor Spirit, Black Hand
Emissary, Bloodbath, Firebrand, Foundation Exhibit, Kduva's Mask,
Legacy of Pander, Legendary Vampire, Political Struggle, or Ventrue
Directorate Assembly?

Not unless they have (or gain) one of the titles listed above.

Also see section 10 of the rulebook:
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/rulebook/

floppyzedolfin

Jun 1, 2010, 9:16:49 AM6/1/10

You might want to add Imperator to that list in next version :-)