Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Hardy Range

ungelesen,
02.09.2006, 02:46:3602.09.06
an
Hi,

let's assume that the spoiled text of Yawp Court is the actual one from
the card:

"Yawp Court"
Master: unique location. Requires a ready Sabbat vampire.
Tap when a political action is successful, before the referendum, to
have
a ready untapped Sabbat vampire you control tap and enter combat with
the acting vampire. If the acting vampire is still ready at the end of
combat,
the Sabbat vampire takes 2 damage and the referendum is conducted as
normal.

The last sentence has led some players to the conclusion that if the
acting vampire is _not_ ready anymore after combat, the referendum is
_not_ conducted at all.

Other players argue that the political action has already succeeded, so
there is a referendum, regardless of the acting minion being ready
after that point in time.

Which is the correct interpretation?

Regards,

Hardy Range
Prince of Bochum, Germany

bodhi

ungelesen,
02.09.2006, 04:03:0102.09.06
an

Jeroen Rombouts

ungelesen,
02.09.2006, 04:51:1502.09.06
an

"bodhi" <bodhi...@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

>>>and the referendum is conducted as
> normal. <<

the full sentence is:

If the acting vampire is still ready at the end of
combat, the Sabbat vampire takes 2 damage and the referendum is conducted as
normal.

that means that the 'referendum is conducted as normal' is also after the
if-clause...

I'd say that there is no vampire to set the terms of the vote, so the vote
fizzles... But I'm mostly wrong in rules interpretations. Since there
is -IIRC- no precedent for a card that 'interupts' the succesfullness of a
political action and the actual referendum, I'm not completely sure...

LSJ

ungelesen,
02.09.2006, 07:46:3502.09.06
an

Infernal Familiar could do it.

But anyway, yes, if the acting minion is not ready, the action ends
(so, in the case of Yawp Court, the referendum would not be conducted).

Raziel

ungelesen,
02.09.2006, 11:54:1002.09.06
an
what if i play Psyche! and torporise that minion in next combat ?

do i take the damage after firt combat ?

or i cant play psyche ?

or not take the damage if torporise acting minion in second combat?

x5m...@gmx.de

ungelesen,
02.09.2006, 16:32:2402.09.06
an

End of combat is always after the last combat. So you check the results
after all combats that have resulted from the court are finished.

Frank

LSJ

ungelesen,
02.09.2006, 17:00:2902.09.06
an
Raziel wrote:
> what if i play Psyche! and torporise that minion in next combat ?

Remember to quote context if your question depends on context.

> do i take the damage after firt combat ?

Yes.

Raziel

ungelesen,
02.09.2006, 17:36:4402.09.06
an

ok so minion A/Arika on 3 blood/ succesfully play political action lets
say PTO,i have untaped minion B/Enkidu lets say - at 4 blood/ and the
location above.

in first combat arika plays Majesty/2 blood left/ and end combat as a
strike untaping as well and enkidu play Psyche! in second combat both
minions strike :hand strke so arika end up in torpor with 0 blood.

do Enkidu takes that 2 damage or he doesn't ?

can he play Psyche! after first combat or he can't ?

if he can referendum is concluded as normal before second combat or it
fizzle ?

ehhh still dont understand this card :)

LSJ

ungelesen,
02.09.2006, 20:49:1202.09.06
an
Raziel wrote:
> ok so minion A/Arika on 3 blood/ succesfully play political action lets
> say PTO,i have untaped minion B/Enkidu lets say - at 4 blood/ and the
> location above.
>
> in first combat arika plays Majesty/2 blood left/ and end combat as a
> strike untaping as well and enkidu play Psyche! in second combat both
> minions strike :hand strke so arika end up in torpor with 0 blood.
>
> do Enkidu takes that 2 damage or he doesn't ?

He took his two back when the first combat ended.
Then, if he's still ready, the Psyche! combat starts.

> can he play Psyche! after first combat or he can't ?

He can if he's ready.

> if he can referendum is concluded as normal before second combat or it
> fizzle ?

It takes place as normal after the Psyche! combat.

Salem

ungelesen,
02.09.2006, 22:36:1702.09.06
an

I assume that's only if Arika is still ready after the 2nd combat, right?

--
salem
http://users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/vtes/

firstco...@aol.com

ungelesen,
03.09.2006, 00:03:1403.09.06
an
> > if he can referendum is concluded as normal before second combat or it
> > fizzle ?
>
> It takes place as normal after the Psyche! combat.

OK, so a recap from earlier:

If a combat ends and the action continues via Form of Mist, a Psyche
will create a new combat, which stops the action from continuing.

If a combat ends and the action continues via Yawp Court, a Psyche will
create a new combat, which does not stop the action from continuing.

Reason: Form of Mist's effect is a combat effect; Yawp Court is not.

Is this correct? I assumed the FoM vs. Psyche ruling would apply to
Yawp Court, but if it doesn't, why not?

-- Brian

LSJ

ungelesen,
03.09.2006, 00:07:1003.09.06
an

Yawp Court's card text specifies that the referendum is not disrupted
by the combat.

Raziel

ungelesen,
03.09.2006, 02:38:1903.09.06
an

ok so minion always take 2 damage and the referendum always is
continued as normal

so the question is - same context - if the acting vampire is not ready
after second combat there is referundum just without acting vampire or
there is no referendum due to acting vampire in torpor/burned ?

LSJ

ungelesen,
03.09.2006, 08:22:3803.09.06
an