[LSJ] Self-Contesting

GreySeer

Oct 27, 2001, 2:03:56 PM10/27/01
I know that you cannot contest with yourself since the FN rulebook but
someone in our playgroup is under the impression that the second copy simply
burns instead of contesting ( and you pay whatever cost as normal ). My
interperetation is that you cannot even play the card, which is correct?

Reyda

Oct 27, 2001, 2:56:28 PM10/27/01

"GreySeer" <e...@i.think.not> a écrit dans le message news:
ttltqus...@news.supernews.com...

your playpal is correct.
Ex : Horatio is equipped with femur of Toomler. Meschenka, with a Vast
wealth on her takes the action to equip from the first piece of equipment
working down the top of your library. Bad luck : it's the second copy of the
femur you put just in case... the second copy is burn when put intoi play,
and you have to pay the pool cost.

reyda

Reyda

Oct 27, 2001, 2:57:53 PM10/27/01

"GreySeer" <e...@i.think.not> a écrit dans le message news:
ttltqus...@news.supernews.com...

You cannot willingly play a card that will result in self contesting. But if
a card comes by "accident" under your control and it contest with one of
yours, then the upcoming card is burned - see example on my other answer ;)

reyda

GreySeer

Oct 28, 2001, 12:34:31 AM10/28/01

"Reyda" <re...@noos.fr> wrote in message news:9rf067$9vm$1...@quark.noos.net...

The question came up when someone wanted to willingly contest a unique
master. I'm aware of the other ruling you mentioned about accidentally
contesting with yourself, pity I didn't think of it at the time, then I
would have realised why he thought that the second copy burned.

LSJ

Oct 28, 2001, 8:48:41 PM10/28/01

So we're clear:
You cannot play the second copy of a unqiue card you control.
If you are forced by the rules or by card text to put a second copy
into play (e.g., move a full vampire from your uncontrolled region
at the end of your influence phase), then the incoming copy is
burned.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Reyda

Oct 28, 2001, 10:01:14 PM10/28/01

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> a écrit dans le message news:
3BDCB579...@white-wolf.com...

my god the netrep never sleeps ! he's a robot !!