(LSJ) Questions about the HttB cards

floppyzedolfin

Feb 5, 2010, 9:23:27 PM2/5/10

- Blessing of the Beast
Do you replace for playing Blessing of the Name it before you put the
cards on it ?
(put another way : do you have to set "any" when you play the cards,
or do you set it at resolution ?)

- Cavalier
Can a vampire have more than 1 Cavalier? Is the answer the same if
there's a card that reads "A vampire may have only 1 archetype" in
play?
If he can, do they "stack" (i.e. multiple actions that each cost blood
would allow him to untap each time if he has several Cavaliers) ?

- Development
Do you have to say where you will replace the card from when you play
the card?

- Fanfare for Elysium
I guess the level of discipline to use is chosen when the card is
played, and not when setting the terms of the referendum (matters for
Slow Withering, for instance). Is this correct?
If I control a Fanfare for Elysium, can I play another at sup'
melpominee?
If I can, and if the referendum is successful, I guess it burns. But
do the "gain pool for each Daughter of Cacophony" effect applies?

- Lord of Serenity
What's the order for blocks at for?
a - 1: first target's controler (if any); 2: second target's controler
(if any); 3: clockwise
b - clockwise, regardless of the controlers of the chosen vampires?

- Momentary Delay
My acting vampire is blocked, and meets the requirements to play
Momentary Delay at the end of the action. Can he play sup' Freak
Drive, and then Momentary Delay? (my guess is he can, since it's still
the end of the action).
Could he play Momentary Delay first, and then, before continueing the
action, sup' Freak Drive (my guess is he can't, since it's no longer
the end of the action).
The acting vampire played Mirror Walk superior, and got successfully
blocked. Can he play Momentary Delay on this action (it should be No,
with similarity to Mirror Walk & Freak Drive)?

- The Rising
The Rising is in play. I do not have the edge. I successfully bleed
with Kindred Spirits. Do I gain 1 pool from Kindred Spirits ?

- Shatter the Gates
The shattered counters remain active even after the controler of the
Baali who played the 3rd Shatter the Gate was ousted, right?

- Slake the Thirst
If I play Taste of Vitae, I can play several Slake the Thirst at
inferior, correct?
If the vampire with sanguinus gains 5 blood, of which 2 drain off,
does the Slake the Thirst award 3 blood, or does it allow 5 ?

- Thicker than Blood
Does the Blood Brother moved to the ready region keep any cards and
counters he had in the uncontrolled region? (I don't know for the
cards attached to him, but it seems like he wouldn't keep the blood)

Thanks, and congratulations for this exciting set!

LSJ

Feb 6, 2010, 8:43:51 AM2/6/10
to vtes-...@yahoogroups.com
On Feb 5, 9:23 pm, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi, Mr. No quoted card text.

> - Blessing of the Beast
> Do you replace for playing Blessing of the Name it before you put the
> cards on it ?
> (put another way : do you have to set "any" when you play the cards,
> or do you set it at resolution ?)

Fully announce each card play = You set the "any" when you play it.

> - Cavalier
> Can a vampire have more than 1 Cavalier?

No, Errata: That card ends with "A vampire can have only one
archetype."

> - Development
> Do you have to say where you will replace the card from when you play
> the card?

No.

> - Fanfare for Elysium
> I guess the level of discipline to use is chosen when the card is
> played, and not when setting the terms of the referendum (matters for
> Slow Withering, for instance). Is this correct?

? True of every card that requires a Discipline.

> If I control a Fanfare for Elysium, can I play another at sup'
> melpominee?

No.

> - Lord of Serenity
> What's the order for blocks at for?
> a - 1: first target's controler (if any); 2: second target's controler
> (if any); 3: clockwise
> b - clockwise, regardless of the controlers of the chosen vampires?

Regular blockers then card-specified blockers (cf. Madness Network).
So if it is undirected: prey, predator, others clockwise.
If Directed: target(s) clockwise, others clockwise.

> - Momentary Delay
> My acting vampire is blocked, and meets the requirements to play
> Momentary Delay at the end of the action. Can he play sup' Freak
> Drive, and then Momentary Delay? (my guess is he can, since it's still
> the end of the action).

Sure. Unless paying for the Freak Drive makes him ineligible to play
MD.

> Could he play Momentary Delay first, and then, before continueing the
> action, sup' Freak Drive (my guess is he can't, since it's no longer
> the end of the action).

Correct.

> The acting vampire played Mirror Walk superior, and got successfully
> blocked. Can he play Momentary Delay on this action (it should be No,
> with similarity to Mirror Walk & Freak Drive)?

Right. Cannot play modifiers after the end of the action.

> - The Rising
> The Rising is in play. I do not have the edge. I successfully bleed
> with Kindred Spirits. Do I gain 1 pool from Kindred Spirits ?

No. You have to resolve the bleed (resolve the action) in order to get
the Edge.

> - Shatter the Gates
> The shattered counters remain active even after the controler of the
> Baali who played the 3rd Shatter the Gate was ousted, right?

Yes.

> - Slake the Thirst
> If I play Taste of Vitae, I can play several Slake the Thirst at
> inferior, correct?

Yes.

> If the vampire with sanguinus gains 5 blood, of which 2 drain off,
> does the Slake the Thirst award 3 blood, or does it allow 5 ?

The vampire "gains 5", per your set-up.

> - Thicker than Blood
> Does the Blood Brother moved to the ready region keep any cards and
> counters he had in the uncontrolled region? (I don't know for the
> cards attached to him, but it seems like he wouldn't keep the blood)

Yes. cf. Tomb of Rameses III and Undue Influence.