Brower based roguelike looking for programmer

sig...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2009, 3:15:49 AM3/31/09
Team name:
Transhuman Design - http://thd.vg

Project name:
Dungeon Guild

Brief description:
Dungeon Guild is a roguelike browser based game which aims to be more
forgiving than others of the genre and be accessible to casual gamers.

Target aim:
Freeware/shareware hybrid featuring in game advertising and premium
some additional perks will be included for registered users. We have a
proven and successful business strategy.

Compensation:
30% share of revenue. Please understand that you will receive no
compensation during development, as all team members involved in our
company receive shares in the profits but develop games primarily as a
hobby.

Technology:
As this will be a browser based game and real time client side player
interaction is required, we are looking to use either Flash or Java.
The game should be compatible with all browsers and operating systems.

Talent needed:
One programmer who is experienced in either Java or AS3. Knowledge of
or eagerness to learn server side scripting preferred. Experience with
roguelikes a huge plus. We have extensive design documents prepared to
aid in development.

Team structure:
I myself will be providing artwork and audio. We also have a marketing
director on board to ensure that this project will be profitable.
Although they are not yet directly involved in this project, we also
have a number of C++ programmers, an audio and music designer and a
PHP/MYSQL programmer available to provide assistance if required.

Website:
http://thd.vg

Contacts:
If you are interested in working with us, please write to us with some
samples of your work and history at:

info @ thd . vg

Previous Work by Team:
Soldat, multiplayer platform action game - http://soldat.pl

Additional Info:
Transhuman Design has been working together as a team for over two
years now. We are a team of hobbyists currently 12 strong who take
game design very seriously and usually meet online daily. If you turn
out to be a pretty cool guy, we will probably have more projects for
you to work on in the future.

Feedback:
Any

jice

Apr 3, 2009, 8:21:51 AM4/3/09
On 31 mar, 09:15, sigv...@gmail.com wrote:
> Team name:
> Transhuman Design -http://thd.vg

> Project name:
> Dungeon Guild
>
> Brief description:
> Dungeon Guild is a roguelike browser based game which aims to be more
> forgiving than others of the genre and be accessible to casual gamers.

[...]

> Technology:
> As this will be a browser based game and real time client side player
> interaction is required, we are looking to use either Flash or Java.

Omg... You mean... an applet ??
Java applets are things from the past.
Action script is owned by Adobe.
Why don't you use javascript. This is definitely the future of browser
gaming...
http://www.chromeexperiments.com/
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10203458-2.html

--
jice
Why not doing it in javascript ?

Ido Yehieli

Apr 3, 2009, 9:05:59 AM4/3/09
On Apr 3, 2:21 pm, jice <jice.nos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Omg... You mean... an applet ??
> Java applets are things from the past.

I would like you to produce evidence of this rather bold statement.

-Ido.

konijn_

Apr 3, 2009, 9:13:29 AM4/3/09
On Apr 3, 8:21 am, jice <jice.nos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 31 mar, 09:15, sigv...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Team name:
> > Transhuman Design -http://thd.vg
>
> > Project name:
> > Dungeon Guild
>
> > Brief description:
> > Dungeon Guild is a roguelike browser based game which aims to be more
> > forgiving than others of the genre and be accessible to casual gamers.
>
> [...]
>
> > Technology:
> > As this will be a browser based game and real time client side player
> > interaction is required, we are looking to use either Flash or Java.
>
> Omg... You mean... an applet ??
> Java applets are things from the past.
> Action script is owned by Adobe.

Even though I totally agree about js, haxe is open source and
generates flash binaries/swf.
The author of haxe is hard core, sometimes compiling in haxe will
actually produce faster swf's.

> Why don't you use javascript. This is definitely the future of browser

> gaming...http://www.chromeexperiments.com/http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10203458-2.html

jice

Apr 5, 2009, 12:05:52 PM4/5/09

Ok, I admit that was quite trollish. I don't really have arguments,
but I still find a commercial game shipping as a Java applet lacks
credibility... But that's probably more technology racism than
sensible opinion...

--
jice