7DRL Success: Whispers in the Void

destroysound

Mar 14, 2009, 8:01:23 PM3/14/09
Well, it's done, and I'm exhausted.

http://nihilsys.com/wordpress/2009/03/14/whispers-in-the-void-0666-released/

I did my best to balance it in the time remaining, however, it is
still fairly hard. My best run is down to L7. The game really is
unforgiving at times; take it slow around corners and watch out for
ambushes.

Good luck to all the other 7DRLers. I can't wait to see how your games
turned out... after I get some sleep.

destroysound | http://nihilsys.com

destroysound

Mar 15, 2009, 2:15:32 PM3/15/09
Just as an addendum, if you tried playing the game right after
release, there was a bug in the initial release that crashed the game
when you switched to fists or knife. This is now fixed.

Darren Grey

Mar 15, 2009, 9:48:25 PM3/15/09
On Mar 15, 12:01 am, destroysound <whunt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, it's done, and I'm exhausted.
>
> http://nihilsys.com/wordpress/2009/03/14/whispers-in-the-void-0666-re...

> I did my best to balance it in the time remaining, however, it is
> still fairly hard. My best run is down to L7. The game really is
> unforgiving at times; take it slow around corners and watch out for
> ambushes.

Found it fairly easy overall actually. My first run got down to L6 I
think (got killed by a Shambler) and my second run down to D11 (a
Feaster got me when I stumbled round the corner into it). Had little
trouble keeping up health, though ammo was an issue at times.

Nice game, looks cool, good atmosphere, and seems bug-free - well
done! I'm not keen on the use of the mouse and heavy keyboard usage
too, but it's manageable. Might be easier on the hands to play if
holding down the direction key resulted in continuous movement.

--
Darren Grey