7DRL (Semi) Success: Persist

jab

Mar 14, 2009, 4:34:42 AM3/14/09
While I did get a *somewhat* playable game, a lot of the features I
had planned we're never fully realized. But that's okay, this was
suppose to be a way to test an idea, which after coding I think can be
expanded in some interesting ways. Most notably, item creation and
environmental hazards.

Some things that are missing are animals. Never got around to them but
I don't think they would be hugely important except for food, but
they'd be hard to catch and rare to find. Some of the weapons are no
good except for the creation other items (which they're are a limited
number of them).

Some stuff could be improved like adding rare tiles to gather from,
which could be used for some important survival gear. Seasons could
also be decreased in length, they're oftly long.

Any ways, I'll let you folks be the judge. :P

Here's the link to the source code and the linux binary (32-bit). I'll
compile it under windows probably tomorrow, now it's time for much
needed sleep ^^

http://code.google.com/p/persistrl/downloads/list

Hope you have large boots for all those nasty bugs.

Matthew Allen

Mar 14, 2009, 11:51:13 AM3/14/09
What is libat.a and where can I get the source? Its giving me problems
under OSX... I assume because its an archive of linux obj files.

jab

Mar 14, 2009, 3:10:48 PM3/14/09
On Mar 14, 8:51 am, Matthew Allen <msal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What is libat.a and where can I get the source? Its giving me problems
> under OSX... I assume because its an archive of linux obj files.

It's a tiny library I built a few weeks before the challenge, you can
get it here: http://github.com/Jabberwocky/atlib/commits/master

jab

Mar 17, 2009, 4:12:15 AM3/17/09
Just added win32 binaries (sorry 64-bit).

Darren Grey

Mar 17, 2009, 5:33:09 AM3/17/09
On Mar 17, 8:12 am, jab <xJabberwo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just added win32 binaries (sorry 64-bit).

Works fine on my 64-bit Windows XP. However I'll de damned if I know
what all the key codes are. From experimentation I've figured arrows
keys for movement, i for inventory and d for drop, but nothing else is
evident. Care to give some basic instructions?

Looks very pretty though. I especially love the day/night cycle. Is
there any easy way to increase the font size?

--
Darren Grey

jab

Mar 17, 2009, 10:41:48 PM3/17/09

Currently there's no way to increase font sizes =(, at least he keys
can be found in the readme, if I forgot it the readme in the windows
version it's in the src or linux release.

I like you that you think the map is pretty! :P I only wish I had
more time to finish absolutely everything I wanted.