Pinball: RGP and/or Facebook

Terrapin Mark

Jun 25, 2010, 9:56:34 AM6/25/10
I have to admit as a long time rgp'er, I find myself looking/reading
more pinball items on Facebook than RGP.

When it comes to the archive and repair help nothing can compare to
RGP (and the online guides). IMO

However, I like Facebook because there is less drivel and the ability
to post pictures (without a link) is an added benefit.

Plus if people get out of line it is easier to get rid of them on
Facebook. That Chuck Hess guy is almost out of here :)

Mark Salas
CARGPB 30

TheKorn

Jun 25, 2010, 10:10:34 AM6/25/10
Terrapin Mark <terrap...@salascorp.com> wrote in news:ad3115e5-fcc1-
49b5-ad51-a...@d8g2000yqf.googlegroups.com:

You must be using the european facebook. Mine is filled with all sorts of
dreck that I have to hide. (fluff busting purity helps, but doesn't get
rid of all of it.)

--
Have a home video that's trapped on your camera? Want to share it on the
web or on DVD?

http://www.webwidevideo.com/

Terrapin Mark

Jun 25, 2010, 2:40:03 PM6/25/10
On Jun 25, 10:10 am, TheKorn <TheK...@TheKorn.Net> wrote:

> You must be using the european facebook.  Mine is filled with all sorts of
> dreck that I have to hide.  (fluff busting purity helps, but doesn't get
> rid of all of it.)

Of course you have 800 friends so.....

Actually of course I hide the stuff. I am talking about pinball in
general. Being able to see upcoming shows, tourneys, and then the
stuff I already mentioned (pictures etc).

But you are right plenty of junk on both. With my settings I can't
remember the last time I saw mafia, or farm animals or whatever :)

Mark

Chris Hibler

Jun 25, 2010, 3:34:45 PM6/25/10

I checked out FB for a while...but it began to be just too much.

It began to remind me of the old Star Trek TV series episode called
"The Mark of Gideon". The planet Gideon is overpopulated. The
inhabitants long for quiet, uncrowded time. But they can never get it
because the planet is so overpopulated that everyone is always just
bumping into eachother.

That's what FB reminds me of. A constant and never ending stream of
people popping in and providing information which I just don't care
that much about. Meh...maybe it's just me.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com

TheKorn

Jun 25, 2010, 3:38:49 PM6/25/10
Terrapin Mark <terrap...@salascorp.com> wrote in news:d0442c7c-4c11-
4adf-98fb-0...@a30g2000yqn.googlegroups.com:

> Of course you have 800 friends so.....

...so I make frequent use of the "hide person" button. :)

> Actually of course I hide the stuff. I am talking about pinball in
> general. Being able to see upcoming shows, tourneys, and then the
> stuff I already mentioned (pictures etc).
>
> But you are right plenty of junk on both. With my settings I can't
> remember the last time I saw mafia, or farm animals or whatever :)

Oh yeah, fluff busting purity (google it) takes all THAT garbage out
automatically. My comment was more of a backhanded slap at Stern
Pinball's Facebook "presence", specifically the garbage "cheap heat"
posts. I really don't care what brand of chips 1500 SPI fans like, or
who their favorite band is, or what their favorite 70's TV show is. It's
so inane (and now, so constant) that I wound up "unliking" stern pinball
entirely.

Mike Schudel

Jun 25, 2010, 3:39:17 PM6/25/10
"Chris Hibler" <ch...@Team-EM.com> wrote in message

>That's what FB reminds me of. A constant and never ending stream of
>people popping in and providing information which I just don't care
>that much about. Meh...maybe it's just me.

So basically you are saying rgp=facebook without profile pics and photos.
Yep I agree. :-)

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Chris Hibler

Jun 25, 2010, 3:54:45 PM6/25/10

That may be Mike...that may be... :-)
As bad as the s/n ratio is on RGP sometimes, it's much worse (at least
for me) on FB.

chuck

Jun 25, 2010, 9:17:13 PM6/25/10

No keyboard commandos. If someone is too much of an idiot you can be
your own moderator. Generally pretty positive and CONSTRUCTIVE
criticism. Of course Stern's page isn't worth much of anything ;-)
Aside from the fact that some guy keeps posting weird math problems
about Weaver I think it's pretty cool.

Troy North

Jun 25, 2010, 10:04:38 PM6/25/10
> Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31http://www.Team-EM.comhttp://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm- Hide quoted text -

Wondered where the heck you have been on FB lately.
Troy
www.topscoregamerooms.com

Jonny O

Jun 25, 2010, 10:15:44 PM6/25/10
The good and bad of newsgroups is it's a totally free speech
environment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_GxXRbSFDg

John Bigbooty

Jun 29, 2010, 10:45:01 AM6/29/10
On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 19:38:49 +0000 (UTC), TheKorn
<The...@TheKorn.Net> wrote:

>Terrapin Mark <terrap...@salascorp.com> wrote in news:d0442c7c-4c11-
>4adf-98fb-0...@a30g2000yqn.googlegroups.com:
>
>> Of course you have 800 friends so.....
>
>...so I make frequent use of the "hide person" button. :)
>
>> Actually of course I hide the stuff. I am talking about pinball in
>> general. Being able to see upcoming shows, tourneys, and then the
>> stuff I already mentioned (pictures etc).
>>
>> But you are right plenty of junk on both. With my settings I can't
>> remember the last time I saw mafia, or farm animals or whatever :)
>
>Oh yeah, fluff busting purity (google it) takes all THAT garbage out
>automatically. My comment was more of a backhanded slap at Stern
>Pinball's Facebook "presence", specifically the garbage "cheap heat"
>posts. I really don't care what brand of chips 1500 SPI fans like, or
>who their favorite band is, or what their favorite 70's TV show is. It's
>so inane (and now, so constant) that I wound up "unliking" stern pinball
>entirely.

You aren't alone. When I kindly suggested they keep these dumbass
polls out of their FB page, my comment was removed. No point in seeing
that drivel. I'm done.

Mark
Atlanta GA