Non-glare pinball glass - maybe the best full-body enhancement for your pin

r...@networkbrokers.de

Jan 13, 2009, 12:30:26 PM1/13/09
Hi All,

after receiving a lot of support from pinball collectors and
enthusiasts over here in Germany I thought sharing
this achievement with you here, shouldn't be a wrong move. Due to the
fact that I like to share important innovations I felt the need to
start this post. Jul 2008 I started working on a solution to avoid
reflections and glare on the pinball glass. A coop with a tech-glass
manufacturer made this project
possible. A few weeks later I held a pinball glass in my hands which
changed my view on the playfield
forever and which enhanced the colors and depth I have never thought
it might be possible.
Please feel free to take a look at some pics on my website and please
ask if you have any questions about this glass. Ideas how it could
work were shared in the past, but without any result. Here's the
solution.
www.networkbrokers.de/2 faces.jpg
www.networkbrokers.de/lotr 2.jpg
www.networkbrokers.de/shrek1.jpg

All the best,

Roman

miracleman

Jan 13, 2009, 12:37:20 PM1/13/09
well, the third pic is the only one worth clicking on, the first 2 are
just weird.

and the third pic is framed too low too see a dmd reflection, although
the meter does NOT appear to be giving off any reflection!

we need more/better pics

seymour-shabow

Jan 13, 2009, 12:40:48 PM1/13/09
miracleman wrote:
> well, the third pic is the only one worth clicking on, the first 2 are
> just weird.
>
> and the third pic is framed too low too see a dmd reflection, although
> the meter does NOT appear to be giving off any reflection!
>
> we need more/better pics

The 3rd pic is the one I clicked on too since the first 2 the link was
malformed - It did look impressive if it kills all glare. Although, I
just play through whatever small amount of glare there is.....

I wonder if the glass is tempered, I wouldn't want to replace tempered
glass with plate reflection free or not.

Maybe they can make this glass for pin 2k machines ;)

-scott CARGPB#29

azpinlawyer

Jan 13, 2009, 12:41:27 PM1/13/09
> > solution.www.networkbrokers.de/2faces.jpgwww.networkbrokers.de/lotr2.jpgwww.ne...
>
> > All the best,
>
> > Roman

I saw Roman's glass on a TZ at Expo '08. Simply stunning--a must-
have.

nh...@yahoo.com

Jan 13, 2009, 12:46:45 PM1/13/09

Copy and paste the first two links. The hyperlink is not complete due
to the space. The Shrek pic is impressive.

Chris Hibler

Jan 13, 2009, 12:50:46 PM1/13/09
Try these links...
http://www.networkbrokers.de/2%20faces.jpg
www.networkbrokers.de/lotr%202.jpg
www.networkbrokers.de/shrek1.jpg

It's tough to tell from the pics.
I serviced a HS2 where the fellow had automotive tinted glass on the
game. It did not look good. As you might guess, everything was dark.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB#31
www.Team-EM.com

r...@networkbrokers.de

Jan 13, 2009, 12:51:09 PM1/13/09
> have.- Zitierten Text ausblenden -
>
> - Zitierten Text anzeigen -

Small world isn't it ;)

Sorry for the mismatch in regard of the links

Here are the corrected ones.

www.networkbrokers.de/2%20faces.jpg
www.networkbrokers.de/lotr%202.jpg
www.networkbrokers.de/shrek1.jpg

Reflexions coming from the DMD will still be there, due to the viewing
angle of the player on the upper third of the playfield.
No psysical component or material will able to avoid it (only if you
use the plastic "horse-flaps" in front of the DMD ;)

Regards,

Roman

r...@networkbrokers.de

Jan 13, 2009, 12:53:13 PM1/13/09
> Roman- Zitierten Text ausblenden -

> - Zitierten Text anzeigen -

The glass is tempered of course.

Chris Hibler

Jan 13, 2009, 12:54:38 PM1/13/09
to mr.sixt...@gmail.com
Uh-oh..."Horse Flaps"...I smell an international incident coming
on....
Kim, Mr. 68?...

TBK

Jan 13, 2009, 1:09:02 PM1/13/09

Hey! Those "horse flaps" kick arse no matter what country you play in!
They are virtually invisible and solve the only part of the problem
this fantastic looking glass doesn't - the DMD glare. With a
cooperative agreement the two should be sold in tandem for the best
pinball experience possible!

Bah! Horse flaps - sounds like some sort of breakfast in Europe! ;)

~Ron R
TBK=The Biggest Kid
"Route-rat extraordinaire!"
~ Proud user of the "Glare Guard" by www.zonedoutpins.com ~
The most enthusiastic player anywhere!
Looking for pin tourneys in So.Ca

Jonny_eh

Jan 13, 2009, 1:15:08 PM1/13/09
How much do they cost, and where can I buy them?

Bryan Kelly

Jan 13, 2009, 1:29:16 PM1/13/09
Is it just me, or do the pics make the non-glare glass seem cloudy? I
would hope it looks better in person.

And thanks for the "horse flaps" comment. I shall make sure to add it
to any correspondence I now have with Mr. Snack Tray. ;-)

Bryan (CARGPB 14)
http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins
Home of the EXECUTIVE Pin Footie http://www.pinfooties.com

On Jan 13, 11:51 am, r...@networkbrokers.de wrote:

> Small world isn't it ;)
>
> Sorry for the mismatch in regard of the links
>
> Here are the corrected ones.
>
> www.networkbrokers.de/2%20faces.jpgwww.networkbrokers.de/lotr%202.jpgwww.networkbrokers.de/shrek1.jpg
>
> Reflexions coming from the DMD will still be there, due to the viewing
> angle of the player on the upper third of the playfield.
> No psysical component or material will able to avoid it (only if you
> use the plastic "horse-flaps" in front of the DMD ;)
>
> Regards,
>

> Roman- Hide quoted text -

r...@networkbrokers.de

Jan 13, 2009, 2:25:19 PM1/13/09
On 13 Jan., 19:29, Bryan Kelly <bskel...@aol.com> wrote:
> Is it just me, or do the pics make the non-glare glass seem cloudy?  I
> would hope it looks better in person.
>
> And thanks for the "horse flaps" comment.  I shall make sure to add it
> to any correspondence I now have with Mr. Snack Tray.  ;-)
>
> Bryan (CARGPB 14)http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

> Home of the EXECUTIVE Pin Footie  http://www.pinfooties.com
>
> On Jan 13, 11:51 am, r...@networkbrokers.de wrote:
>

> > Small world isn't it ;)
>
> > Sorry for the mismatch in regard of the links
>
> > Here are the corrected ones.
>
> >www.networkbrokers.de/2%20faces.jpgwww.networkbrokers.de/lotr%202.jpg...

> > Reflexions coming from the DMD will still be there, due to the viewing
> > angle of the player on the upper third of the playfield.
> > No psysical component or material will able to avoid it (only if you
> > use the plastic "horse-flaps" in front of the DMD ;)
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Roman- Hide quoted text -

Hi Bryan,

cloudy ?
The 2 faces pic shows a normal pinball glass and a non glare glass on
a Spider-Man machine side by side.
I put both glasses on top of the machine to show the difference.
Maybe I should have mentioned it before.
Could you tell me which clouds you mean ?

Regards,

Roman

Bryan Kelly

Jan 13, 2009, 2:34:09 PM1/13/09
That's the pic I'm talking about, Roman. I'd say non-glare on left
and regular glass on right. The right side is picture clear and the
left side appears foggy or cloudy.

Don't get me wrong, you could really have something here. I really
wish I'd seen them at Expo.

Bryan (CARGPB 14)

gpsdrew

Jan 13, 2009, 2:48:53 PM1/13/09
I am guessing the non glare is on the right since you can see the
glare from the rubiks cube on the cloudy left one.
Drew

Frank Traut

Jan 13, 2009, 2:51:57 PM1/13/09
azpinlawyer wrote:

> I saw Roman's glass on a TZ at Expo '08. Simply stunning--a must-
> have.

That was my buddy Brent's machine. I've seen the glass several times,
at the show and at his place. I haven't bothered to click on the
links as I'm sure pics would not do this glass justice.

You've got to see this stuff on a machine to believe.

Best way to describe it (besides anti-glare) is that it looks as
if there is no glass installed at all. Amazing what you 'don't see'...

seymour-shabow

Jan 13, 2009, 2:57:41 PM1/13/09

Is it a coating that can scratch?

-scott CARGPB#29

r...@networkbrokers.de

Jan 13, 2009, 2:58:26 PM1/13/09
On 13 Jan., 20:34, Bryan Kelly <bskel...@aol.com> wrote:
> That's the pic I'm talking about, Roman.  I'd say non-glare on left
> and regular glass on right.  The right side is picture clear and the
> left side appears foggy or cloudy.
>
> Don't get me wrong, you could really have something here.  I really
> wish I'd seen them at Expo.
>
> Bryan (CARGPB 14)http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

> Home of the EXECUTIVE Pin Footie  http://www.pinfooties.com
>
> On Jan 13, 1:25 pm, r...@networkbrokers.de wrote:
>  -
>

> > Hi Bryan,
>
> > cloudy ?
> > The 2 faces pic shows a normal pinball glass and a non glare glass on
> > a Spider-Man machine side by side.
> > I put both glasses on top of the machine to show the difference.
> > Maybe I should have mentioned it before.
> > Could you tell me which clouds you mean ?
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Roman- Hide quoted text -

this was pretty close ;) it's the other way around...
normal on the left and non-glare on the right..
There were a few at the Expo who have seen the glass
and there is oly one in the whole US who owns it.
BRENT ! IF YOU CAN HEAR ME PLEASE SAY SOMETHING ;)

Roman

Oryk Zinyo

Jan 13, 2009, 3:05:37 PM1/13/09
Is it a coating on one side of the glass? I ask because I don't
currently pay attention to the way I insert the glass and if this is a
coating on one side then I would have to.

OZ

Bryan Kelly

Jan 13, 2009, 3:19:02 PM1/13/09
OK, so what'd you do to the regular glass to make it look that bad?
I've taken hundreds of pics and never had it look like that.

Seriously, though, I certainly believe the guys who've seen it.

So, what's the plan? US
distributor....price.....availability....quantity discounts?

Bryan (CARGPB 14)

Mr. 68

Jan 13, 2009, 3:19:56 PM1/13/09

This is very cool and the fact that the glass and my Glare Guards
compliment one another is a bonus.

I’ve been trying to solve back box glare for some time now. I was
traveling a different path than this and the only solution so far is
cost prohibitive.

Your idea is far superior to mine. It would seem your glass would
defeat glare from variety of sources beyond the back box. My only
question is how well does the glass function with overhead lighting or
a well lit room?

Terrific work Roman. I hope others on RGP are inspired to be
innovative like this. I know I am. =)

Kim
www.WrongCrowdProductions.com

On Jan 13, 10:30 am, r...@networkbrokers.de wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> after receiving a lot of support from pinball collectors and
> enthusiasts over here in Germany I thought sharing
> this achievement with you here, shouldn't be a wrong move. Due to the
> fact that I like to share important innovations I felt the need to
> start this post. Jul 2008 I started working on a solution to avoid
> reflections and glare on the pinball glass. A coop with a tech-glass
> manufacturer made this project
> possible. A few weeks later I held a pinball glass in my hands which
> changed my view on the playfield
> forever and which enhanced the colors and depth I have never thought
> it might be possible.
> Please feel free to take a look at some pics on my website and please
> ask if you have any questions about this glass. Ideas how it could
> work were shared in the past, but without any result. Here's the

rbur...@metrocast.net

Jan 13, 2009, 8:59:35 PM1/13/09
> >www.networkbrokers.de/2%20faces.jpgwww.networkbrokers.de/lotr%202.jpg...

> > Reflexions coming from the DMD will still be there, due to the viewing
> > angle of the player on the upper third of the playfield.
> > No psysical component or material will able to avoid it (only if you
> > use the plastic "horse-flaps" in front of the DMD ;)
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Roman- Zitierten Text ausblenden -
>
> > - Zitierten Text anzeigen -
>
> The glass is tempered of course.- Hide quoted text -

Roman, when will these be ready for distribution? They look awesome!
Wide body and standard sizes I would assume??

--Rick.

azpinlawyer

Jan 13, 2009, 9:57:52 PM1/13/09

Well-put. The funny thing is that there was a sign on the backbox
saying "don't touch the glass." I touched the glass accidently,
thinking there was none!!

ataritoday

Jan 13, 2009, 10:04:07 PM1/13/09

I agree that looks totally awesome. If not too expensive I would
think everyone would be signing up for those....
Another option on the DMD display is to get a polarized filter.....
works really nice. I have done that on my shadow machine.

Anyway, big kudo's on that playfield glass, that is incredible.

er...@stevemoyersubaru.com

Jan 13, 2009, 10:13:02 PM1/13/09

Yeah... I'll take 4.

beep...@hotmail.com

Jan 13, 2009, 10:29:10 PM1/13/09
> Roman- Hide quoted text -

Hi Roman, Glad to see you are keeping my old LOTR clean. The non glare
glass looks great. Hope I get a deal on some and will it be avaliable
in the USA. Regards, Bob

carsc...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2009, 7:14:06 AM1/14/09
On Jan 13, 3:19 pm, Bryan Kelly <bskel...@aol.com> wrote:
> OK, so what'd you do to the regular glass to make it look that bad?
> I've taken hundreds of pics and never had it look like that.
>
> Seriously, though, I certainly believe the guys who've seen it.
>
> So, what's the plan?  US
> distributor....price.....availability....quantity discounts?
>
> Bryan (CARGPB 14)http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

> Home of the EXECUTIVE Pin Footie  http://www.pinfooties.com
>
> On Jan 13, 1:58 pm, r...@networkbrokers.de wrote:
>

> > this was pretty close ;) it's the other way around...
> > normal on the left and non-glare on the right..
> > There were a few at the Expo who have seen the glass
> > and there is oly one in the whole US who owns it.
> > BRENT ! IF YOU CAN HEAR ME PLEASE SAY SOMETHING ;)
>
> > Roman- Hide quoted text -

Agreed here ... regardless of the reports that the new glass is the
tits, the "old glass" comparison is exaggerated. I suspect a light box
was placed above the playfield to reflect as much light as possible.
Maybe a year without dusting in "normal lighting" conditions might
produce the same results. That aside, I'm still very interested - this
looks very promising. I'm not sure if the answer was provided on the
coating part ... is there a coating that can scratch?

The closest I could get to a glare-free game is wear polarized
sunglasses ... hey, it works ... and you look super cool (or like an
idiot, depending if you ask the wife). :-D

Brian
Oakland, NJ

PT

Jan 14, 2009, 7:30:34 AM1/14/09
It does look great! How much$$$?

Just a couple of notes. I recently bought some anti glare plexi to
use on a picture frame. As a test I put it over one of my pins to see
how it affected the glare. It made the playfield really blurry and
still had a bunch of reflected light from the DMD. The real glass
version looks awesome in comparison.

The new Stern machines like SM, WOF and WPT are almost unplayable
without something to stop the glare from both the DMD and the
translite. The best solution that I have found for this is a
combination of two products: Kim's DMD glare guard and Pinball Pal's
warming filter (w/both layers installed). The glare guard cuts out
all of the DMD glare. The warming filter not only makes the
translight look a lot better, it dims it enough that it does not have
nearly the reflected light from the PF glass (just like a WMS game).

http://www.wrongcrowdproductions.com/
http://pinballpal.com/warming/

John

Sean Kavanagh

Jan 14, 2009, 7:55:22 AM1/14/09
On Jan 13, 3:19 pm, Bryan Kelly <bskel...@aol.com> wrote:
> OK, so what'd you do to the regular glass to make it look that bad?
> I've taken hundreds of pics and never had it look like that.
>
> Seriously, though, I certainly believe the guys who've seen it.
>
> So, what's the plan?  US
> distributor....price.....availability....quantity discounts?
>
> Bryan (CARGPB 14)http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

> Home of the EXECUTIVE Pin Footie  http://www.pinfooties.com
>
> On Jan 13, 1:58 pm, r...@networkbrokers.de wrote:
>

> > this was pretty close ;) it's the other way around...
> > normal on the left and non-glare on the right..
> > There were a few at the Expo who have seen the glass
> > and there is oly one in the whole US who owns it.
> > BRENT ! IF YOU CAN HEAR ME PLEASE SAY SOMETHING ;)
>
> > Roman- Hide quoted text -

I thought the same thing Bryan, but maybe it's because the glass is
stacked on top of the glare free??? I talkin right outta my backside
here as it's just a guess - I know nothing about this magical glare
free stuff...

Sean

r...@networkbrokers.de

Jan 14, 2009, 3:00:35 PM1/14/09

Dear pinball lovers,

my goal is to inform you about what is possible in our industry,
sharing and
exchanging informations means making a big step forward and not
backward.
Sitting on informations and hiding them from others doesn't help
anybody.
I have to do some groundwork first before I can talk about
availabilities in the US
of this glass. Questions about a "plan" will be answered when a demand
is defined
and the community's acceptance is given. Prices here in Europe are
around
$160 (standard size) and $175 (wide body size) through direct
distribution and without VAT..
just for letting you know.
I wished, I had taken more glasses to the EXPO, so a few more could
post their
experience here.
Many of us played in darkened rooms to avoid glare, the funny thing
about this glass is...
the more light you have, the better it looks.
I'll try to make a short movie and upload it to YouTube the next days.
Will let you know...

Roman

PS: I have uploaded another pic to my webside http://www.networkbrokers.de/glare.JPG
the glass with the red pad is the non-glare, the one with the yellow
is the normal glass.
There is a white table in front of both glasses with some silk paper
on it, you'll see it on
the right (yellow pad) glass, but not on the left (red pad)...

AL

Jan 14, 2009, 4:03:47 PM1/14/09
> > solution.www.networkbrokers.de/2faces.jpgwww.networkbrokers.de/lotr2.jpgwww.ne...
>
> > All the best,

> > Roman- Hide quoted text -

You know Kim,

There is more to this than blocking the glare or refracting it. I
guess I'm the only one that has actually come up with a way to
eliminate it entirely: http://i44.tinypic.com/33e1mxf.jpg

Enjoy,

AL

Chris Hibler

Jan 14, 2009, 4:06:38 PM1/14/09
That is the coolest mod I've seen to a LOTR yet!

vivacarlos

Jan 14, 2009, 4:07:07 PM1/14/09
> AL- Hide quoted text -

_____________________________________

Great, now i have another # to play:)-

Mr. 68

Jan 14, 2009, 7:01:31 PM1/14/09
LMAO! With that I think I could finally get a decent score on LOTR. =)

Kim
www.WrongCrowdProductions.com

> AL- Hide quoted text -

lightguy

Jan 14, 2009, 11:15:14 PM1/14/09
I do lighting for a living.
Playfield glass glare is one of the big problems for me. I eliminate
it with the DMD shields and pulling out backbox bulbs till there's
only a couple of essential ones left or on sterns unplugging the
ineffective backbox fluorescent tube entirely.
Play in a dark(er) room. Makes a huge difference.
Still have some light pollution.
I am super interested in this glass.

r...@networkbrokers.de

Jan 15, 2009, 10:49:25 AM1/15/09

Good Morning,

I think I know why the "2 faces" pic shows the normal glass so foggy
or cloudy.
Due to the fact, that both glasses were put on the machine the
sunlight was able
to pass the glass from the side (what doesn't happen when installed)
and was reflected in the glass many, many times.
However I have some pics I have posted in a german pinball community.
With a comparison before and after.
Please don't be disappointed when you'll still see the DMD...the
viewing perspective or
angle is responsible for this effect. The closer the angle is to 90°,
the more amazing
the non-glare effect will be.

bibi,

Roman

http://www.networkbrokers.de/flippers%20before.jpg
http://www.networkbrokers.de/flippers%20after.jpg
http://www.networkbrokers.de/general%20view%20before.jpg
http://www.networkbrokers.de/general%20view%20after.jpg

tomw...@aol.com

Jan 15, 2009, 12:00:56 PM1/15/09

r...@networkbrokers.de

Jan 15, 2009, 1:32:31 PM1/15/09
> http://mysite.verizon.net/vze8f4tt/tomstwilightzonepinballmachineacce...
>
> -Tom- Zitierten Text ausblenden -

> - Zitierten Text anzeigen -

we use the films over here too. They are called polarizers
http://www.3dlens.com/shop/polarizer.php.

Roman

r...@networkbrokers.de

Jan 20, 2009, 4:25:42 PM1/20/09
Hi All,

as promissed a few days ago I've uploaded
three movies to show the difference between
a standard pinball glass and a non-glare pinball
glass. I wished the resolution would be better and
the quality higher, but I hope that you'll recognize something.
The movies are as follows...

a normal pinball glass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nyX0YaZFX0

a non-glare pinball glass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dW15Son_lo

and a comparison between a non-glare (left)
and a normal glass (right)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g6aj4uBlGY

Roman

frenchy

Jan 20, 2009, 4:38:11 PM1/20/09
> Reflexions coming from the DMD will still be there, due to the viewing
> angle of the player on the upper third of the playfield.
> No psysical component or material will able to avoid it (only if you
> use the plastic "horse-flaps" in front of the DMD ;)>>>

Bummer, that would be a big reason for me to switch to it, espcially
games that have a lot of stuff going on way at the top of the
playfield.

How about the reflection of the lit backglass or translite, how much %
would it reduce that?

r...@networkbrokers.de

Jan 21, 2009, 5:39:02 AM1/21/09

There are many ways to reduce glare and reflections on a pinball
machine.
Three of them are:

1. Polarized filter film -> reduces the reflections coming from the
DMD on the glass to nearly 100%
2. Non-glare display lens -> reduces the reflections on the DMD
itself, no mirror effect
3. Non-glare glass -> reduces the reflections on the glass to 96%,
brighter colors and more depth (3D-feeling)

Pictures will follow the next days.
You will believe, when you see it.

Roman

r...@networkbrokers.de

Jan 21, 2009, 5:41:09 AM1/21/09
On 20 Jan., 22:38, frenchy <mf101...@msn.com> wrote:

The translite is not a big issue anymore if you play in rooms with
more light or
if you use those colored filters for the neon tube.

tomw...@aol.com

Jan 21, 2009, 8:23:56 AM1/21/09

Just for chuckles realize that the glare is INTENTIONAL and is meant
to be an obstacle to overcome. Anything eliminating glare is
CHEATING.

;)

-Tom

Pinball Basics DVD

r...@networkbrokers.de

Jan 22, 2009, 11:39:38 AM1/22/09
On 21 Jan., 14:23, tomwi...@aol.com wrote:

> > > Bummer, that would be a big reason for me to switch to it, espcially
> > > games that have a lot of stuff going on way at the top of the
> > > playfield.
>
> > > How about the reflection of the lit backglass or translite, how much %
> > > would it reduce that?
>
> > There are many ways to reduce glare and reflections on a pinball
> > machine.
> > Three of them are:
>
> > 1. Polarized filter film -> reduces the reflections coming from the
> > DMD on the glass to nearly 100%
> > 2.Non-glaredisplay lens -> reduces the reflections on the DMD
> > itself, no mirror effect
> > 3.Non-glareglass -> reduces the reflections on the glass to 96%,

> > brighter colors and more depth (3D-feeling)
>
> > Pictures will follow the next days.
> > You will believe, when you see it.
>
> > Roman
>
> Just for chuckles realize that the glare is INTENTIONAL and is meant
> to be an obstacle to overcome. Anything eliminating glare is
> CHEATING.
>
> ;)
>
> -Tom
>
> Pinball Basics DVD- Zitierten Text ausblenden -

> - Zitierten Text anzeigen -

Finally I've uploaded a vid to youtube, which makes the difference
between a standard and a non-glare glass more obvious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Bp71ButQs

Enjoy,

Roman

MRG

Jan 22, 2009, 12:53:25 PM1/22/09
> Roman- Hide quoted text -

Freaky man...
definatly better glass with no reflections.
Where can you get this glass?

r...@networkbrokers.de

Jan 22, 2009, 2:20:52 PM1/22/09
> Where can you get this glass?- Zitierten Text ausblenden -

> - Zitierten Text anzeigen -

For now it can be sourced through me. There will be a local
distributor in the US soon (hopefully).
News will be posted here.

Roman

Jeff S

Jan 28, 2009, 1:04:28 PM1/28/09
On Jan 14, 7:14 am, carscad...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Jan 13, 3:19 pm, Bryan Kelly <bskel...@aol.com> wrote:
>

> > OK, so what'd you do to the regular glass to make it look that bad?
> > I've taken hundreds of pics and never had it look like that.
>
> > Seriously, though, I certainly believe the guys who've seen it.
>
> > So, what's the plan?  US
> > distributor....price.....availability....quantity discounts?
>
> > Bryan (CARGPB 14)http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins
> > Home of the EXECUTIVE Pin Footie  http://www.pinfooties.com
>
> > On Jan 13, 1:58 pm, r...@networkbrokers.de wrote:
>
> > > this was pretty close ;) it's the other way around...
> > > normal on the left and non-glareon the right..

> > > There were a few at the Expo who have seen the glass
> > > and there is oly one in the whole US who owns it.
> > > BRENT ! IF YOU CAN HEAR ME PLEASE SAY SOMETHING ;)
>
> > > Roman- Hide quoted text -

> Agreed here ... regardless of the reports that the new glass is the
> tits, the "old glass" comparison is exaggerated. I suspect a light box
> was placed above the playfield to reflect as much light as possible.
> Maybe a year without dusting in "normal lighting" conditions might
> produce the same results. That aside, I'm still very interested - this
> looks very promising. I'm not sure if the answer was provided on the
> coating part ... is there a coating that can scratch?
>
> The closest I could get to aglare-free game is wear polarized

> sunglasses ... hey, it works ... and you look super cool (or like an
> idiot, depending if you ask the wife).   :-D
>
> Brian
> Oakland, NJ- Hide quoted text -

Decided it was too expensive to buy and transport 20 pieces of glare-
free glass. Not sure of the price but at $35 a sheet, then $700.
Opted to try polarized glasses instead.and was pleased with the
results. I tried to find some that were not too dark, but admit they
will dim the room a little. But wow, they knock out 100% of the
glare. Best thing is when you go to someone's house they are
portable.

Looking at sports (I know this is really a hobby) Bowlers bring their
bowling balls, Pool Sharks their cues, Dart Throwers their darts,
Tennis Players their racket, Golfers their clubs,...then Pinheads
should carry their eyewear. Definately looks better than bringing
wrist guards to protect against Carpal Tunnel.

JeffS
ATL

Joey

Feb 3, 2009, 11:14:57 AM2/3/09
On Jan 13, 10:13 pm, e...@stevemoyersubaru.com wrote:
> On Jan 13, 10:04 pm, ataritoday <atarito...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > I agree that looks totally awesome.  If not too expensive I would
> > think everyone would be signing up for those....
> > Another option on the DMD display is to get a polarized filter.....
> > works really nice.  I have done that on my shadow machine.
>
> > Anyway, big kudo's on that playfieldglass, that is incredible.

> Yeah... I'll take 4.

We met with Roman at Expo....super nice guy. He showed us this glass
right? So my buddy next door, Brent, had this completly tricked out
Twilight Zone....needing one of my Chrome Doors...Ahem...so we
installed his glass on the Machine. UNBELIEVABLE. You literally could
not see it. It seemed that you could just reach down and touch the
playfield...but then you ran into his glass....You just have to see
this stuff to believe it.

Anyway, Roman and I worked together on it and Brent just had to have
it. So he bought it. He is currently the only guy in the USA with it.
Really makes playing different! It adds a "Mystical" sense
IMO...almost like playing pool....like the ball and parts are all
within touch.....SUPER nice enhancement....

Roman and I have been working together for me to import this glass to
the USA. It is tempered, and the highest quality glass I have ever
seen. Used on plasma televisions and high end specifications. BUT,
like all high end products in a small marketplace, it is not cheap. We
have finally got USA retail together....with customs, shipping, and
buying in a big bulk. All we need to start the ball rolling on it is
several pre-orders to get it here in the states. Here is the retail of
this glass:

Normal Size: $264.99 plus shipping
Wide Body: $274.99 plus shipping
Shipping is estimated from USA to USA to be around $30-$35 fully
insured.

We are offically now taking pre-orders. Please contact me via my
website for further information on these products: www.Pinballdecals.com

Joey Lipovsky
Pinball Decals, Inc.
www.Pinballdecals.com

Bryan Kelly

Feb 3, 2009, 11:24:24 AM2/3/09
Damn, I really wish I had seen this at Expo. It sounds incredible.

Maybe it's best I didn't though. At that price, it'd cost me around
$3000 to do all my pins. :-)

Bryan (CARGPB 14)

tomw...@aol.com

Feb 3, 2009, 11:42:18 AM2/3/09
> ATL- Hide quoted text -

Have a link to the type you use?

-Tom

Google Pinball Basics DVD

r...@networkbrokers.de

Feb 4, 2009, 12:50:16 PM2/4/09

Dear All,

even if I don't have a crystal ball in front of me I can assure you
that one thing will happen.
Joey will order only a very few sheets of this glass with high
shipping charges and as soon
the first of you have it in your machine, you will start asking
yourself why nobody told you
that this product is simply unbelievable amazing and that you would
like to have more.
Trust me when I say, that you won't find any comparable enhancement
for your machine
which has such a big effect on the quality of the gameplay.

Regards,

Roman

miracleman

Feb 4, 2009, 3:43:49 PM2/4/09
On Feb 4, 12:50 pm, r...@networkbrokers.de wrote:
> Trust me when I say, that you won't find any comparable enhancement
> for your machine
> which has such a big effect on the quality of the gameplay.
> Regards,
> Roman

I think it looks great, and thanks for offering, but I don't think it
will matter jack sh*t on gameplay!
If I had a million bucks of 'stoopid money' falling out my butt (what
I call money I spend on things I don't need, like pinball machines!),
I'd buy the glass, but unless I'm a wall street bailout lottery winner
it ain't gonna happen :(

Kyle Wren

Feb 4, 2009, 4:48:24 PM2/4/09
In article <909ff3f6-dece-48df...@g1g2000pra.googlegroups.com>,
r...@networkbrokers.de says...

>On 3 Feb., 17:14, Joey <Jlipov...@aol.com> wrote:

Roman,

We have had a pretty lively discussion in the Ohio Pinball League about your
product. I think I can state with 100% accuracy the following 2 truths:

1) Everyone is highly impressed with the product itself. Very cool, and I would
personally love to put it in all my machines so I can screw in all the light
bulbs above my games that are currently turned off. :-)

2) Nobody (that I know of) is going to be able to pay these prices. I am not
doubting that there are some people that will, but they aren't anybody that we
know. Especially with the economy in the tank like it is.

If the price could be gotten down to the $50 to $75 dollar a sheet range I think
you will have a mad seller on your hands. Hopefully enough of the rich people
here will early-adopt to drive the price down a bit... :-)

--
Kyle Wren - CARGPB #27
"Back by Popular Demand - Happy Kyle!"

Bryan Kelly

Feb 4, 2009, 4:52:02 PM2/4/09
I feel the same way, Kyle. I'm sure it's all it's cracked up to be,
but if I do one pin, I have to do them all.

I could even live with something closer to $100. But that's about
tops.

Bryan (CARGPB 14)

On Feb 4, 3:48 pm, Kyle Wren <kylewrenT...@cinci.rrOUT.com> wrote:

> Roman,
>
> We have had a pretty lively discussion in the Ohio Pinball League about your
> product. I think I can state with 100% accuracy the following 2 truths:
>
> 1) Everyone is highly impressed with the product itself. Very cool, and I would
> personally love to put it in all my machines so I can screw in all the light
> bulbs above my games that are currently turned off. :-)
>
> 2) Nobody (that I know of) is going to be able to pay these prices. I am not
> doubting that there are some people that will, but they aren't anybody that we
> know. Especially with the economy in the tank like it is.
>
> If the price could be gotten down to the $50 to $75 dollar a sheet range I think
> you will have a mad seller on your hands. Hopefully enough of the rich people
> here will early-adopt to drive the price down a bit... :-)
>
> --
> Kyle Wren - CARGPB #27

> "Back by Popular Demand - Happy Kyle!"- Hide quoted text -

luther r

Feb 4, 2009, 4:52:23 PM2/4/09
Kyle Wren wrote:
> 2) Nobody (that I know of) is going to be able to pay these prices. I am not
> doubting that there are some people that will, but they aren't anybody that we
> know. Especially with the economy in the tank like it is.
>
> If the price could be gotten down to the $50 to $75 dollar a sheet range I think
> you will have a mad seller on your hands. Hopefully enough of the rich people
> here will early-adopt to drive the price down a bit... :-)

Agreed. I would probably be willing to buy a pane at up to $100 unseen,
but anything over that just seems too high to be worthwhile.

azpinlawyer

Feb 4, 2009, 5:07:51 PM2/4/09
On Feb 4, 2:52 pm, Bryan Kelly <bskel...@aol.com> wrote:
> I feel the same way, Kyle.  I'm sure it's all it's cracked up to be,
> but if I do one pin, I have to do them all.
>
> I could even live with something closer to $100.  But that's about
> tops.
>
> Bryan (CARGPB 14)http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

> Home of the EXECUTIVE Pin Footie  http://www.pinfooties.com
>
> On Feb 4, 3:48 pm, Kyle Wren <kylewrenT...@cinci.rrOUT.com> wrote:
>

> > Roman,
>
> > We have had a pretty lively discussion in the Ohio Pinball League about your
> > product. I think I can state with 100% accuracy the following 2 truths:
>
> > 1) Everyone is highly impressed with the product itself. Very cool, and I would
> > personally love to put it in all my machines so I can screw in all the light
> > bulbs above my games that are currently turned off. :-)
>
> > 2) Nobody (that I know of) is going to be able to pay these prices. I am not
> > doubting that there are some people that will, but they aren't anybody that we
> > know. Especially with the economy in the tank like it is.
>
> > If the price could be gotten down to the $50 to $75 dollar a sheet range I think
> > you will have a mad seller on your hands. Hopefully enough of the rich people
> > here will early-adopt to drive the price down a bit... :-)
>
> > --
> > Kyle Wren - CARGPB #27
> > "Back by Popular Demand - Happy Kyle!"- Hide quoted text -

I'd do my "A" bank at $100/pop. I'm not likely to spend more than a
grand on glass.

Joey

Feb 4, 2009, 7:33:24 PM2/4/09
> grand onglass.- Hide quoted text -

You do know that tempered glass alone made here in the USA sells for
approx. $70 a sheet right? That's no shipping as well.....This glass
is used on plasma telivisons, which are made in China. No glass
company here in the states makes it. It HAS to be imported no matter
how you look at it....if you want it that is. You don't need it that's
for sure. But hell, you don't need a pinball machine in the first
place. This is a disposable income hobby is it not? All it takes is
money LOL. Things are tight, but not spending your money is what is
going to make things even worse. And in this hobby, people NEED to
spend money if it is to stay alive and parts be continued to be made.
Up to you my friends. Got a few orders for it but need some more......

I'm going to get my 2 sheets. =) TZ and MM here we
come.....LOL....Gotta love pinball.

RestoringIJ

Feb 4, 2009, 7:51:34 PM2/4/09
I'd go as high as $200 shipped on a widebody piece. I definitely see
the value of it but I can't justify spending over $300 shipped on it.

Joey

Feb 4, 2009, 8:36:58 PM2/4/09
On Feb 4, 7:51 pm, RestoringIJ <nervous...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd go as high as $200 shipped on a widebody piece.  I definitely see
> the value of it but I can't justify spending over $300 shipped on it.

Just rationalize it......lets say we don't spend any wasted money for
a couple of weeks....tell the wife she can't go to the mall for a
month, and go on a health kick to not drink beer and eat an excess of
food for awhile....short while....couple of weeks
maybe.....tops....LOL

ALSO, hord up on Taco Sauce at Taco Bell and get free Splenda at Cick-
Fil-A.

Start a fund raiser for all the people who feel sorry for you for not
having premium pinball glass at the office.

=)

Bryan Kelly

Feb 4, 2009, 9:12:53 PM2/4/09
BASTARD!!!! ;-)

Bryan (CARGPB 14)

On Feb 4, 7:36 pm, Joey <Jlipov...@aol.com> wrote:

>and go on a health kick to not drink beer

> =)

Timm

Feb 4, 2009, 9:27:38 PM2/4/09
I agree. I just don't see this as an amount I'd be willing to pay.
Figuring $300 multipled times an entire collection and it's just not
worth it to me. I have to believe that at some point some one here in
the U.S. will make this available at some point and it will save on
the shipping cost from overseas and the unfavorable exchange rate.

Joey

Feb 5, 2009, 8:16:43 AM2/5/09

What will they make it for? Anything besides building materials, new
house construction, and food gets made elsewhere. Hell, even those are
probally 60%+ outsourced. Even the auto manufacturing plants buy parts
overseas and assemble them here....And even all of those industries
are going to the pot. What does this country produce? We are not a
manufacturing country anymore...guess either we are too lazy or above
it. At any rate, it is going out the door slowly but surely over the
last 20 years.

When the biggest manufacturer of glass in the country buys and imports
this product from either Italy or Germany (This is a fact).....and
there is no demand here to produce it.....

Most "non-glare glass" is a laminated product, this is not....I bought
a tempered glass TV stand at Best Buy and it was made in Italy. It was
$800.....and the funny part is that to produce it here quality for
quality it would cost more than that. And THAT was for a TV
STAND....little bit of a higher market....

But I understand not being in the mood to drop any coin, expecially
during these times....that's the scary part.

BUT, I am still trying to keep this post alive LOL to still get some
more orders to get a decent price on the shipping. If more orders were
coming in we could even lower the price, but at this rate it will be
going up after I order a small batch. No one else will mess with
it...too difficult and hardly any mark-up for way to small of a
market.....

My case is offically closed. =)

In one week I will be placing our order, so anyone still interested in
getting at least one sheet contact me via our website: www.Pinballdecals.com

Sincerely,

mattyb

Feb 5, 2009, 9:47:28 AM2/5/09

$265 for a sheet of playfield glass is rediculous. Case closed. MattyB.

azpinlawyer

Feb 5, 2009, 11:57:30 AM2/5/09
I agree. I still want two sheets. No way I'm putting them on 20 pins.

Bryan Kelly

Feb 5, 2009, 12:03:40 PM2/5/09
And the way I see it, Greg, I've got 10 pins and they're all keepers
for me. There's no way I'm going to do one or two special ones. For
me, it's all or nothing. I would imagine there are others that feel
the same way.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's great stuff, but I can't justify
$2500 - $3000 for playfield glass.

seymour-shabow

Feb 5, 2009, 12:06:57 PM2/5/09

Ditto, if they were cheaper I'd consider it, but I honestly don't find
glare to be an issue. I mean it's there but I'm so used to it that it
doesn't bother me. It's got a certain 'cool' factor to it, but not 300
large.

Would be a wicked update for treasure cove/HEP/Keller/etc. to use though.

-scott CARGPB#29

hAbO

Feb 5, 2009, 1:45:33 PM2/5/09
I could see getting a few for some of my higher end games like BBB,
AFM or BH. I dont know if I could afford to do all of them right now
with the economy in the crapper. VERY COOL though.

Mike

www.HabosArcade.com
www.Myspace.com/Big_Bang_Bar
www.FunhouseAmusements.com
BBB #17

Chad Keller

Feb 6, 2009, 3:50:59 PM2/6/09
> -scott CARGPB#29- Hide quoted text -

I don't think I see this as a big improvement. I tried Kim's glare
guards and found a few games that I thought it worked great on like
BBBar and CV but I didn't end up using them on anything else.
Frankly, I like the shiney glare, it hides how badly I am playing : )
I should probably keep my mouth closed until I actually see it in a
game though.

Bill

Feb 6, 2009, 3:54:50 PM2/6/09
I think Bryan said is best as it would be all or nothing and $3k for
my 10 machines would be tough to justify.

I woudl not thave thought to try the Glare Guards on CV Chad.

-Bill