Has anyone ever bought a game from Ebay Barrywnj

The CNY PIN GUY

Mar 24, 2006, 2:36:06 PM3/24/06
there a pin on ebay this seller is offering has anyone every delt with
him
if so how was it and were you satisfied with the game
were the photo actual or generic any help would be great

mudd...@hotmail.com

Mar 24, 2006, 2:39:37 PM3/24/06
Let me guess.You are pretty new to this newsgroup huh? Just google the
same name and you shall have your answer.

------------
Mike S.
http://www.muddeatr.com

seymour...@excite.com

Mar 24, 2006, 2:40:25 PM3/24/06
I have, before I knew his Rep, but I was picking up in person and had
googled his rep between agreeing to buy and pickup. I did get the
machine pictured, but he used the pics from mine a few weeks later on
another. doubtful the wear was in the same places on both machines.
My machine was not hacked up and worked as advertised.

Best advice for barry is to inspect and buy in person. Bad rep with
shipping, but good rep if you inspect and are happy - if you don't shop
out your own games I'd go elsewhere but if part of the fun of pin is
shopping it like it is for me, he's ok.

jiar...@aol.com

Mar 24, 2006, 2:40:57 PM3/24/06
If you can look at in person you can actually get a good deal

Otto

Mar 24, 2006, 2:51:47 PM3/24/06
You might check out google.

If you just have to buy from him, do not do it sight unseen.

Go there, look at it, and if you buy it, take it with you at that time.

Do not buy sight unseen. Do not ship.

Otto

CARGPB11

"The CNY PIN GUY" <CNYpin...@gmail.com> wrote in message

brightmy

Mar 24, 2006, 2:56:51 PM3/24/06
I have purchased two pins from Barry in the past and work on two others
I know were purchased from Barry. You really never know what you are
going to get. In all cases something was wrong with the pin; missing
parts, bad hacks, switch problems, undisclosed playfield wear, PCB
failures, bad coils, list goes on.

Barry issue partial refunds on most of the issues. If you want to buy
one from Barry go look at it first... If you are not willing to work on
you own games I would look for another source... I guess that is true
for a number of Ebay sources...

Brad R.

ldnayman

Mar 24, 2006, 3:42:49 PM3/24/06
Barry will sell you a Piece of shit, and then refund you $100 when you
complain. This is pretty much his standard operating procedure.

how do I know?

Well, Barry is one of my FAVORITE ebay sellers!!! You see, whenever
someone who lives in NYC buys a game from him, I get a phone call from
the buyer. And then I make $200-$300 getting their game running 100%.
It's a great scam that Barry and I are in- he sets em up, makes a quick
buck turning around a virtually untouched re-import, and I knock em
down!

Steve Kulpa

Mar 24, 2006, 5:37:51 PM3/24/06
Gee Mike, you took the words right out of my mouth....

steve
---
Steve Kulpa (cargpb10)
Hermitage, TN
http://www.geocities.com/stevekulpa/pinball.htm - Pinball
http://www.geocities.com/stevekulpa/rgpidx.htm - Faces

mudd...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Let me guess.You are pretty new to this newsgroup huh?

> Mike S.

Steve Rubin

Mar 26, 2006, 8:12:35 PM3/26/06
In article <1143229225.8...@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com>,

I bought a "NIB" Southpark that ended up not being so NIB. More like Used in Factory Box. Was in "ok" shape. However, it was advertised as NIB so it was a
bit disapointing.

--
Steve Rubin / AE6CH / http://www.altdb.net/
Email: s...@tch.org / N6441C / http://www.tch.org/~ser/

mooky

Mar 27, 2006, 5:54:22 AM3/27/06
true in new jersey and pennsylvania also. love the repair calls barry.
keep em coming!!! ;) mooky

Jbug

Mar 27, 2006, 2:43:01 PM3/27/06

I purchased a Congo game from him and wound up having to buy many parts
for it including a DMD that was not locked down with the back glass.
It either was already broke or broke when I lifted up the back box and
the back glass and DMD fell out. He reimbursed me for stuff but I
would not buy from him again.

Steve Kulpa

Mar 27, 2006, 3:23:25 PM3/27/06
Hey!!! I want a seller like that here in Nashville.
Mostly early Bally solid states, and Gott. sys-1/80 please.