Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

ldnayman

ungelesen,
30.12.2008, 16:22:1630.12.08
an
This is a pretty bizarre theme.

On one hand...I like it because it's as close to an unlicensed theme
as well get. It's a hunting themed game. Like Fish Tales. Kinda. It's
also very familiar to the key pinball demo, which is people who go to
bars. Virtually every NYC bar I go to these days (as long as it aint
too "classy") has a Big Buck video game and they are making tons of
coin.

On the other hand...if I'm playing a "Big Buck Hunter" pinball...it's
probably just going to make me want to play the Big Buck Hunter video
game located right next to it.

Has Theming pinballs after popular video games ever worked in the
past? I don't recall Street FighterII, Spy Hunter, or mr. ms. pac-man
being big hits but maybe someone here knows better.

Rare Hero

ungelesen,
30.12.2008, 16:34:5630.12.08
an

The appeal of the arcade version is...USING A GUN. Translating this
to pinball makes NO sense (other than the license probably cost close
to nothing).

...and I know there's only a few vegetarian RGP'rs, but as one - I'll
never drop a quarter in this pin or even play it for free.

:)

Greg

Les Manley

ungelesen,
30.12.2008, 16:46:0530.12.08
an
> Greg- Hide quoted text -

It's all about gameplay for me. If the gameplay is good I will play
it. Theme means nothing if the game sucks to play. I think not even
giving the game a chance because of being a vegetarian would be pretty
shallow. I mean I think Nascar is a waste of fossil fuel, but I play
the pin. I think Johnny Mnemonic is a horrible movie, but I play the
pin. I don't care for extreme sports at all, but I have and love my
No Fear pin. I don't think playing a Big Buck Hunter vid or pin is a
ringing endorsement for anything... :)

Lloyd Olson

ungelesen,
30.12.2008, 16:49:1930.12.08
an
It has a built in market. Bar pin, red neck pin, and hunter pin.

I would hope that there might be some choices, either player selectable, or
op settings. For humorous like the moose in Breakshot, or bloody and gory
like Mortal Kombat 2. Blood on made lots more money. LTG :)

"ldnayman" <ldna...@aol.com> wrote in message

m6onz5a

ungelesen,
30.12.2008, 16:56:1630.12.08
an
> ringing endorsement for anything... :)- Hide quoted text -

Yeah that's how I feel.. I can care less of the title of the machine
as long as it plays good

Like my BSD. I've never seen the movie, and have no desire to, but I
love the pin!

Rare Hero

ungelesen,
30.12.2008, 17:31:2930.12.08
an
On Dec 30, 1:56 pm, m6onz5a <corv...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Yeah that's how I feel.. I can care less of the title of the machine
> as long as it plays good
>
> Like my BSD. I've never seen the movie, and have no desire to, but I
> love the pin!

I don't watch CSI or 24 but I'd like to play them. I'm just saying,
for me personally - killing animals for enjoyment is grotesque, so I
would not play a game that depicts it in a serious/realistic manor.
I'll play Fish Tales, as it's cartoony and silly.

Greg

Lloyd Olson

ungelesen,
30.12.2008, 17:37:3330.12.08
an
So if Big Buck Hunter had a player or operator setting that would make it
silly, or is made cartoony and silly, would you consider playing it then ?
LTG :)

"Rare Hero" <rareh...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

badbilly27

ungelesen,
30.12.2008, 17:51:2230.12.08
an
On Dec 30, 3:49 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> It has a built in market. Bar pin, red neck pin, and hunter pin.
>
> I would hope that there might be some choices, either player selectable, or
> op settings. For humorous like the moose in Breakshot, or bloody and gory
> like Mortal Kombat 2. Blood on made lots more money.  LTG :)
>
> "ldnayman" <ldnay...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > This is a pretty bizarre theme.
>
> > On one hand...I like it because it's as close to an unlicensed theme
> > as well get. It's a hunting themed game. Like Fish Tales. Kinda. It's
> > also very familiar to the key pinball demo, which is people who go to
> > bars. Virtually every NYC bar I go to these days (as long as it aint
> > too "classy") has a Big Buck video game and they are making tons of
> > coin.
>
> > On the other hand...if I'm playing a "Big Buck Hunter" pinball...it's
> > probably just going to make me want to play the Big Buck Hunter video
> > game located right next to it.
>
> > Has Theming pinballs after popular video games ever worked in the
> > past? I don't recall Street FighterII, Spy Hunter, or mr. ms. pac-man
> > being big hits but maybe someone here knows better.- Hide quoted text -

Off topic a bit - I wasn't able to sleep the other night and put on
the history channel real late. Not sure what the title of the show was
but had to do with coal minors, company sheriffs, the union, and a
historic battle. The origin of the "rednick" monacker was told. Funny
to learn about it's orginal naming intent and how it is now perceived
when mentioned. Anyone know?

On topic - If the game somehow had a pullout rifle to shoot a color
DMD screen in certain modes thus combing the best of two games I might
get into it. Like others I'll play regardless of title. But, I'll play
more a title I like and may even add to my home collection. Sorry, RCT
or CSI won't be in my home nor will I keep dropping coins in them if a
SM/LOTR/BDK is sitting next to them. But that's me.

cody chunn

ungelesen,
30.12.2008, 18:13:0930.12.08
an
It would have the same general appeal that Naskar did, IMO, which wasn't
much. I would be less excited about that than even WoF.

Peee-yewwww.

--
-cody
--CARGPB4

"ldnayman" <ldna...@aol.com> wrote in message

ldnayman

ungelesen,
30.12.2008, 18:23:3030.12.08
an
On Dec 30, 5:31 pm, Rare Hero <rarehero...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't watch CSI or 24 but I'd like to play them.    I'm just saying,
> for me personally - killing animals for enjoyment is grotesque, so I
> would not play a game that depicts it in a serious/realistic manor.
> I'll play Fish Tales, as it's cartoony and silly.
>
> Greg

For some reason this seems kind of ridiculous to me. Do you also avoid
video games that depict killing humans in a realistic manner?

Big Buck Hunter is fun, plain and simple. My only complaint is it
isn't realistic enough - there's no blood!

Rare Hero

ungelesen,
30.12.2008, 19:10:4430.12.08
an
On Dec 30, 3:23 pm, ldnayman <ldnay...@aol.com> wrote:
> For some reason this seems kind of ridiculous to me. Do you also avoid
> video games that depict killing humans in a realistic manner?

I like games where you eat ghosts. Wacka-wacka-wacka. :)

Greg

ldnayman

ungelesen,
30.12.2008, 19:45:4930.12.08
an

Cruelty to the undead!

By the way those ghosts were originally "monsters" but everyone
realized they looked more like ghosts.

pinballjim

ungelesen,
30.12.2008, 20:39:2830.12.08
an
On Dec 30, 3:22 pm, ldnayman <ldnay...@aol.com> wrote:
> This is a pretty bizarre theme.

I guess this explains how Keith made the transition from Stern to
iT? :-/

Sega made a far better game years ago:

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=13246

You get to shoot freaking squirrels, fish, and wolves. Deer? Meh.

0 neue Nachrichten