Grupos de Google ya no admite publicaciones ni suscripciones nuevas de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue visible.

Stern Pinball, No Advertising in Replay Magazine

0 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

cam...@ptd.net

no leída,
2 feb 2009, 7:52:52 p.m.2/2/2009
para
I just received the February issue and couldn't find the ad for the
current game. Or any Pin for that matter. Is this new or did I just
start to look for the ad since the rumors? Tough times........... Hope
they are at the ASI next month in Vegas.

MrSanRamon

no leída,
2 feb 2009, 7:57:04 p.m.2/2/2009
para
On Feb 2, 4:52 pm, cam3...@ptd.net wrote:
> I just received the February issue and couldn't find the ad for the
> current game.

I would expect that anyone who reads Replay, knows about Stern and
knows how to find info about their games.

Robert

Lloyd Olson

no leída,
2 feb 2009, 8:02:19 p.m.2/2/2009
para

"MrSanRamon" <mrsan...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Robert

That would be my thought. Full page ad pricey, and by the time the reader
gets it, info is old. When cutting back, you need to spend money where it
does the most good. LTG :)

cam...@ptd.net

no leída,
2 feb 2009, 8:06:28 p.m.2/2/2009
para

Yea, Pepsi sells soda, Doritos sells chips, But it didn't stop them
from spending millions to tell people about their products on Sunday.
Of coarse people the that watch football probably don't know about
soda & chips. Oh yea, Budweiser sells Beer!

Phil

no leída,
2 feb 2009, 8:11:59 p.m.2/2/2009
para
touché

<cam...@ptd.net> wrote in message

Lloyd Olson

no leída,
2 feb 2009, 8:19:17 p.m.2/2/2009
para
If Stern had pop or beer advertising budget, we wouldn't be in this mess.
LTG :)

<cam...@ptd.net> wrote in message

Yea, Pepsi sells soda, Doritos sells chips, But it didn't stop them

turbo

no leída,
2 feb 2009, 8:20:10 p.m.2/2/2009
para
On Feb 2, 7:11 pm, "Phil" <cr24k...@cox.net> wrote:
> touché
>
> <cam3...@ptd.net> wrote in message

It's just another indication that the end is near. Mike.

Lloyd Olson

no leída,
2 feb 2009, 8:54:08 p.m.2/2/2009
para
Not necessarily. When times are tough, you have to spend what money you have
wisely.

Stern lost a lot of sales last year. You either cut back, or close. Your
choice.

"turbo" <h...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Pins Anon

no leída,
2 feb 2009, 9:00:02 p.m.2/2/2009
para
Tough times for small businesses (like Stern) and I'd rather see them
tighten the purse strings and survive than spend it unnecessarily. The
economy is broken, and they sell a product most suited to a decade or
more ago, it's not gonna be easy, but fingers crossed they can make
it!

Nick
Pins Anon
UK
http://www.thepinballblog.com

mrpap...@msn.com

no leída,
2 feb 2009, 11:09:19 p.m.2/2/2009
para

Didn't see any car comercials from the 'little' three on Super Bowl
either............you wooda thought the union might step up and pay
for one......ya, right!!

mnpinball

no leída,
2 feb 2009, 11:47:26 p.m.2/2/2009
para

Times are tough but Stern is surviving.

24 at the end of Feb. and John Borg has the next 2 designs after.

Big Buck Hunter pinball I think is a great operators game. And with
what I have read posted by John and Lloyd on this title they agree it
is a wise choice. These 2 guys have operated pins longer than I have
owned pins.

Think Fish Tales in a whole new way. Timeless game and everyone can
recognize the theme and could basically be placed at any location. The
designer did conform there will be humor in the game. Could be a big
success with operators and home owners. (not my cup 'o tea though)

Lloyd Olson

no leída,
3 feb 2009, 12:03:56 a.m.3/2/2009
para
I've operated pins longer than you've been alive Jason. LTG :)

"mnpinball" <mnpi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

mnpinball

no leída,
3 feb 2009, 12:18:56 a.m.3/2/2009
para
On Feb 2, 11:03 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> I've operated pins longer than you've been alive Jason.  LTG :)
>
> "mnpinball" <mnpinb...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Big Buck Hunter pinball I think is a great operators game.  And with
> what I have read posted by John and Lloyd on this title they agree it
> is a wise choice. These 2 guys have operated pins longer than I have
> owned pins.
>
> Think Fish Tales in a whole new way.  Timeless game and everyone can
> recognize the theme and could basically be placed at any location. The
> designer did conform there will be humor in the game.  Could be a big
> success with operators and home owners. (not my cup 'o tea though)

Touche'

mr tobias

no leída,
3 feb 2009, 4:55:59 a.m.3/2/2009
para

I thought John was one of the casualties in the recent downsizing. I'm
surprised he's heavily involved in the two releases after 24, unless
he's working as an outside agent.

David Marston

no leída,
3 feb 2009, 8:07:40 p.m.3/2/2009
para
In article <3c3d9957-1399-4e65...@v19g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,

<cam...@ptd.net> wrote:
>I just received the February issue and couldn't find the ad for the
>current game. Or any Pin for that matter. Is this new or did I just
>start to look for the ad since the rumors?...

It's the latter. I've been tracking their advertising in both RePlay and
Play Meter for a long time, and I can assure you that they do not take
an ad every single month.

What's new is when they took a fractional ad a couple months ago. They
had always been full-page before that.
--
................David Marston at MV

ssunite...@gmail.com

no leída,
3 feb 2009, 8:37:51 p.m.3/2/2009
para

Stern is clearly financially as succesful as PepsiCo and Budweiser. Or
maybe not.

By the way, Pepsi Bottling Group had an income $13.591 billion in '07
with a gross profit of $6.221 billion.
PepsiCo (they make Doritos) had an income of $39.474 billion in '07
with a gorss profit $21.436 billion.
Anheuser-Busch Companies Incorporated had $16.69 billion in sales in
'07, and a gross operating profit of $6.85 billion.

I am just guessing here, but it seems these companys have a bit more
money.

Andrew

Rare Hero

no leída,
3 feb 2009, 9:31:07 p.m.3/2/2009
para
On Feb 2, 9:03 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> Think Fish Tales in a whole new way.  Timeless game and everyone can
> recognize the theme and could basically be placed at any location. The
> designer did conform there will be humor in the game.  Could be a big
> success with operators and home owners. (not my cup 'o tea though)

I highly doubt this game will be anything like Fish Tales in terms of
tone.

Here's a BBH arcade: http://www.zax.com.au/images/bigbuck2006/bbpro38.jpg

My money's on Stern using already existing arcade artwork assets. I
doubt you're going to see something fun and cartoony like Fish
Tales.....just serious looking realistic deer. We'll see....

Greg

0 mensajes nuevos