New Server Release

Nick Trown

Aug 9, 1994, 7:51:26 PM8/9/94

The new vanilla server release has just been put on
ftp.ecst.csuchico.edu. Most of the work in this patch has happened in the
robots, especially with the basep and INL robots. The INL robot is moving
along but is still not ready for INL matches. Here is the change log:

2.5pl3 - 2.5pl4:
Added ship info packets for different ship stats - Habig
Made changes to creditting system - Habig
Improved voting - Kantner
Improved robots (commands, functionality) - Siegl
Improved INL robot commands - Siegl
Added gametime to INL robot - nbt
Fixed pickside in INL robot - nbt
Changed teleport delay to smaller value for mars - ctso
Added scout round, matchnum reset, reset
toolate2join - ctso

It has been a while since a patch level has been released from the server
group. This is mainly due to me. I have become much too busy to continue to
head the server group. Therefore, I am giving the job to James Cameron
(cam...@aussie.enet.dec.com). I believe that he is a good person to take my
place. I will continue to work on the code however :) The ftp site listed
above will continue to be the site for the code.

Nick

Alec Habig

Aug 10, 1994, 12:59:50 PM8/10/94
tr...@ecst.csuchico.edu (Nick Trown) writes:
>It has been a while since a patch level has been released from the server
>group. This is mainly due to me. I have become much too busy to continue to
>head the server group. Therefore, I am giving the job to James Cameron
>(cam...@aussie.enet.dec.com). I believe that he is a good person to take my
>place. I will continue to work on the code however :) The ftp site listed
>above will continue to be the site for the code.

Everyone who plays netrek owes Nick several beers. It's due mainly to his
efforts that the server code has gotten not only nifty stuff from many
different sources, but actually can be installed and run without needing to be
a wizard. Thanks gobs for your work, Nick!

Alec

--
Alec Habig, Indiana University High Energy Astrophysics
aha...@bigbang.astro.indiana.edu