NarniaGolden: Coming April 1st

Robert Carignan

Mar 31, 1995, 3:00:00 AM3/31/95

"Coyote is, in his earliest manifestations, a faithful
@ @ copy of an absolutely undifferentiated human
@ @ consiousness, corresponding to a psyche that has hardly
@@@@ left the animal level. He is a forerunner of the
@@@@@@ savior, and like him, God, man and animal at once. He
@@@@ is both subhuman and superhuman, a bestial and divine
being." - Carl Jung

coy...@pebkac.satelnet.org / coy...@merlin.mit.edu

Robert Carignan

Mar 31, 1995, 3:00:00 AM3/31/95
From the diaries of Queen Lucy the Valiant of Narnia,
1 Waterdrop, 1012:

* Exciting news! Rabadash, the Calormene Crown Prince, has
arrived in Narnia with his entourage. We all know that although
the visit is presumed to be an ambassadorial tour, the handsome
Prince seeks Queen Susan's hand. Susan and I hid behind a tapestry
last night to observe the Prince's behavior from the balcony, and
I laughed quite heartily at his barbaric manners! My sister tells me
I must act my age.

* Act my age! Sometimes I find it hard to believe I am 20. There
are times I seem to recall a childhood elsewhere...though Queen Susan
and my brothers tell me I'm silly. I'm afraid they think I believe
in the land of 'Spare Oom,' that we used to play as children.
I know that I must have been born here, but there are times, when
I'm day-dreaming, that I seem to remember being a child in a
harsher, colder place, a land foreign to my lovely, sunny Narnia....

______ ______
_/######\||/######\_ __ __ ___ ______ __ __ __ ___
_/####################\_ ||\ || // \\ || \\ ||\ || || // \\
/########################\ || \ || ||===|| ||___// || \ || || ||===||
|#########/ \/ \#########| || \|| || || || \\ || \|| || || ||
|###| \/ \/ |###|
|###| \ / |###| _____ ____ __ ______ _____ __ __
|####\_/ _ _ \_/####| // \\ // \\ || || \\ || ' ||\ ||
\####: ./*\ /*\, :####/ (( ___ (( )) || || )) ||=== || \ ||
|###: ' __ ` :###| \\___|| \\__// ||___' ||___// ||____ || \||
|###: \/ :###|
|####\ .: || :. /####| The Golden Age of Narnia MUSH
|#####| /\ |#####|
|####`\ -`--'- /'####|
|#####\______/#####|
\################/
\############/
\########/
\####/
\/

OPENING APRIL 1: Now accepting character requests!

NarniaGolden is based on "The Chronicles of Narnia" series by C.S.
Lewis that commences with _The Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe_.
NarniaGolden is a reinvention of the former NarniaMUSH.

The timeline of NarniaGolden is set during the Golden Age of
Narnia, during the reign of High King Peter the Magnificent,
Queen Susan the Gentle, King Edmund the Just, and Queen Lucy the
Valiant. The children of _The Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe_ have
grown into young adults, and are in the prime of their reign.

NarniaGolden is intended as a MUSH for role-players, and we have
many exciting features for all:

* The Characters: Although we encourage players to come up with
their own character concepts, there are many feature characters
available for play...some for short periods of time, some for
extended use. Players can choose Talking Animals, wood spirits,
and Calormene humans for play.

* TinyPlots: There's always juicy RP brewing on NarniaGolden,
whether a quest to rid the land of giants, grand banquets for
visiting dignitaries, market day at Cair Paravel Town, intrigue
and murder in the southern land of Calormen, or the pleasures of
gossip and dinner at The Lion's Mane. You'll find many of the best
RPers on the Net at NarniaGolden, and we're proud to have them.

* The Lands: Within the heartlands of Narnia are a number of areas
ready to explore--from the plains of the Ettinsmoor to the
Marsh-wiggle marshes, from the mysterious western wilds to the friendly
town of Archenland. Cair Paravel Town is always a center of activity.
Many travellers, ignoring the warnings of those who know better,
have ventured across the arid southern desert to Calormen, where
the many towns and cities possess a unique Arabian flair.

* The Weather System: Most exterior rooms change with the
times of day, seasons of the year, winds and precipitation. The
system has been revised from the old NarniaMUSH, is even easier
to use, and is very detailed. Weather rooms may even use a
weather effects system, so that characters in a room see and
hear the weather changing.

* The Staff: Rarely will you see a MUSH where the administrators
spend so much time participating in the role-play and working
to make players of quality feel welcome.

NarniaGolden will be open as of April 1. Its address is:

dobest.lib.virginia.edu (128.143.166.52) 6250

We're currently creating Talking Animals, dryads and naiads, fauns
and centaurs, Archenland humans, and Calormene humans via email.
If you're interested in a character, email one of the following
addresses:

wbr...@gopher.science.wayne.edu
tr...@trance.helix.net
mt...@dobest.lib.virginia.edu
35bru...@cua.edu
coy...@other.org

Include a character name and species with your request. Calormene
characters should request a caste. It would be wise to include
alternate names and species.

We're looking forward to seeing you on NarniaGolden!