Need area builders and playtesters

1 view

Alastair

Aug 11, 1994, 5:42:38 PM8/11/94

Mud Name: Archipelago
Address: island.essex.ac.uk 23, or 155.245.180.15 23

(yes port 23)

We are creating a new mud based on modified Circle 2.2 code. We have thrown
away all stock circle zones and are in the process of building a completely
original world. So far we have just over 1200 rooms built. Our intention is
not to blossom overnight into some gargantuan 30,000 room mud but rather
expand slowly in a structured and planned manner with (hopefully) well thought
out and well laid out totally original areas.

We need primarily builders but playtesters are welcome. Some of the features
of the mud are listed below.

1) Simple and complete online creation/editing - menu driven
2) Totally skills based system - no classes
3) multiple races (with race atributes)
4) Sized pc's equipment and rooms
5) Weapon proficiencies
6) 2-handed weapons
- some weapons may be wielded 2-handed depending on size
similarly some 2-handed weapons may be wielded single handed
7) special climb areas and underwater areas
8) online information accessible by asking mobiles
9) concealed rooms and mobiles - soon concealed objects too
10) hit locations
11) equipment damage/scrapping and repair
12) multiple attacks based on weapon weight and strength
13) secret information accessible by interrogating mobiles (question skill)
14) user configurable prompts and titles
15) non-blockable port

coming soon - boats,mounts, missile weapons and ranged spells

+normal CircleMUD stuff like ansi colour....

We will be purging all players before we open for good, but established
testers will receive an enhanced starter pack.

Come check us out - talk to Ponder about building positions.

Kristopher Kortright

Aug 12, 1994, 5:41:57 AM8/12/94
Alastair (a...@island.essex.ac.uk) wrote:

: Mud Name: Archipelago

: Address: island.essex.ac.uk 23, or 155.245.180.15 23

Sounds real familiar. ;) You got good ideas, good luck!

--Lloth

Kristopher Scott Kortright * Sojourn Systems Administrator
Co-Owner of Sojourn DikuMud as Lloth (Forger) - sojourn.cem.msu.edu 9999
Email Address: mi...@sojourn.cem.msu.edu, ro...@sojourn.cem.msu.edu.

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger..."

Friedrich Nietzsche