LegendMud Opening

1 view

Fisdon Crowley

Feb 13, 1994, 9:10:01 PM2/13/94
ARE YOU TIRED OF KILLING ORCS?
OF SEEING MIDGAARD?
OF MUDS THAT CONFINE YOU TO UNNATURAL CLASS SYSTEMS?

Announcing the Official Opening of LegendMUD, a classless mud with
ALL NEW areas! *stimpy.washcoll.edu 4000 or 192.146.226.4 4000*

LegendMUD is a history-based mud--instead of wandering in fantasy-land
you get to explore the history of the Earth--not as it was, but as it was
believed to be at the time. See where the legends came from as you visit
Roman Britain, the Arabian Nights, and the Middle Ages. Be a Tai-Pan on
the China Tea Trade in 1841, or help fight Rommel the Desert Fox in World
War II North Africa.

Our classless system and dozens of skills allow you to build your character
exactly the way you want based on a percentile stat system. Our stat system
more accurately reflects the things you most need to know about your
character. Our special practice system eliminates the cumbersome juggling
of percentages you've become used to.

We have three eras of time with 1500 rooms open to the public, and more
entering the game constantly. Our code is stable -- no constant crashes
or lags. And we're DIFFERENT: we promise to be a mud unlike any other you've
played. Come learn our herb-based magic system, with over 100 possible
affects and associated spells!

We research the historical periods for our areas in both fact-based and
fanciful books. Our mobs are INTELLIGENT, with a wide range of reactions
to what you say and do. Play blackjack with notorious criminal Big Jim
Southland on the seamy side of London in the mid 19th century. Try to
solve the riddle of the lamp and win Aladdin his princess!

LegendMUD is a school-sponsored mud located at stimpy.washcoll.edu 4000
(192.146.226.4 4000) and will be open to the public by 6 pm Valentine's Day.
Come see what MUDs should have been all along! A challenge for the mind
and the sword arm, a feast for the imagination, and of course, plain fun.

LegendMUD: 192.146.226.4 4000
stimpy.washcoll.edu 4000
Implementors: Charity & Sadist
Other immortals: Ptah, Kaige, Flagg, Breton, Chocorua, Fionn, Mania, Ulath,
Pan, Talesian
Current areas: Arabian Nights, Roman Britain, Ancient Ireland, Ancient Nazca,
Medieval Kleinstadt, St. Denis Cathedral, the Black Forest,
Sherwood Forest, Viceroyal Peru, Pirates of the Caribbean,
Port of London 1841, Sargasso Sea, China Tea Trade from
London to Bengal, Macao, and South Seas, Casablanca, and
World War II North Africa.
Highly modified Merc. New skills. Classless system with new stat system.
Extensive herb-based druidic magic. Full proprietary room and mob acts.
Mounts. Social channels. Socials operate on items! Furniture items.
A clan pkill system (in progress). Many quests for all level players.

COME SEE WHAT THE REAL WORLD CAN OFFER