CODE RELEASE: [server] New Archipelago Source available

hedg...@my-deja.com

Nov 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/18/99
I have Just uploaded a new version of the Archipelago MUD source to
the CircleMUD FTP site. Hopefully it will be available soon from the
contrib/server section. This is version 1.2 and it fixes many problems
with the 1.1 version. Here is the README:

This is a new release of Archipelago code. I had received complaints
that the old code was broken. It is true that there was one minor
bug in the makefile and some problems had arisen since I released the
code, in the move to the 2.X Linux kernels.

This version compiles lint free using gcc 2.95 on HPUX 10.0, HPUX 11.0
and Linux 2.2.x. I also have been told that it compiles on Solaris 7.

New features in this version:

Multithreaded nameserver lookup, this prevents slow namservers from
lagging the MUD.

Multithreaded saving of zone information. This feature is experimental,
as I do not have a test site to do a proper stress test. Undefine
THREAD_SAVE in db.h to turn this feature off if it causes problems.

Command line stacking e.g. get bread bag & eat bead & smile.

All binary files are stored in network order so the same database can be
run on big-endian and little-en dian machines without any conversion.

The documentation is unchanged from the 1.0 release and therefore is
still out of date.

If you want to use this code you must abide by the terms in the file
"License" which is included, as wel l as the CircleMud 2.2 license and
the DikuMUD licence.

Alastair Neil (Ponder) a...@frii.com 17th November 1999.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.