Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Daniel Boese

ungelesen,
12.10.1995, 03:00:0012.10.95
an
I'm playing with designing characters of odd sorts, and was wondering:

What limitations do you recommend for a "hivemind" character? (half a
dozen (alien) bodies, one mind... the farther apart they get, the
stupider they get.)

What online resources are there for HERO (mostly Champions)?

Is the Ultimate Mentalist worth buying?

What else should I be asking? :)

Thanks in advance,

--
Daniel Boese
dbo...@freenet.npiec.on.ca

Scott Delahunt

ungelesen,
13.10.1995, 03:00:0013.10.95
an

Daniel Boese (dbo...@freenet.npiec.on.ca) writes:
> I'm playing with designing characters of odd sorts, and was wondering:
>
> What limitations do you recommend for a "hivemind" character? (half a
> dozen (alien) bodies, one mind... the farther apart they get, the
> stupider they get.)

Using Mind Link, use a range limit (maybe -1/2 to -1, depending on range).

For intelligence, do the following:
Buy down each alien's INT to 5 (base). Next, buy +5 INT (-1/4, all 6
aliens must be within 2.5 km. Then buy +5 INT (-1/2, all must be within 1
km). Then buy +5 INT (-3/4, all must be within 500 km). Then buy +5 INT
(-1, all must be within 250 m). And so on.

OR:

Use the Mind Link as above. Buy extra INT for each one with a -1 or -1
1/2 limitation Only when in Range of Mind Link (depending on range of Mind
Link and how often the aliens will be separated.

Others in this newsgroup might be able to come up with better ideas.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> --
> Daniel Boese
> dbo...@freenet.npiec.on.ca
> --

When *is* rec.games.frp.super-heroes going to be up?

--
Scott Delahunt cn...@freenet.carleton.ca

This is a temporary distortion of reality.
- ReBoot

Steve Barr

ungelesen,
13.10.1995, 03:00:0013.10.95
an
There is a list devoted to Hero.

Send a "subscribe me, please" message to hero-r...@omg.org
to the hero-request address).

It is often high volume.

Steve

Mark Ayen

ungelesen,
13.10.1995, 03:00:0013.10.95
an
dbo...@freenet.npiec.on.ca (Daniel Boese) wrote:

>I'm playing with designing characters of odd sorts, and was wondering:
>
>What limitations do you recommend for a "hivemind" character? (half a
>dozen (alien) bodies, one mind... the farther apart they get, the
>stupider they get.)

That's a toughie. Since they're NPCs, you could just treat it as a
special effect. If you really feel you need to spend points on it, treat
it as extra INT with a limitation "loses 1 INT per range modifer penalty
from hive" (-1/2) or whatever distance you feel appropriate.

>What online resources are there for HERO (mostly Champions)?

There is a mailing list. Another poster has already provided the
subscribe information. Also, I have been told that 'rec.games.frp.super-
heroes' will be forthcoming any day now...

>Is the Ultimate Mentalist worth buying?

No! Borrow a friend's copy if you don't believe me.

>What else should I be asking? :)

You should ask, "when should I allow one of my players to have a VPP?".
The answer is, "When you know more about them than the player does."

Mark

Daniel Boese

ungelesen,
15.10.1995, 03:00:0015.10.95
an
: > What limitations do you recommend for a "hivemind" character? (half a
: > dozen (alien) bodies, one mind... the farther apart they get, the
: > stupider they get.)

: Using Mind Link, use a range limit (maybe -1/2 to -1, depending on range).

: For intelligence, do the following:
: Buy down each alien's INT to 5 (base). Next, buy +5 INT (-1/4, all 6
: aliens must be within 2.5 km. Then buy +5 INT (-1/2, all must be within 1
: km). Then buy +5 INT (-3/4, all must be within 500 km). Then buy +5 INT
: (-1, all must be within 250 m). And so on.

Hm... this sounds pretty good. And for the mental powers, buy up dice
similarly?

Here's a 3rd option I came up with today... I was planning on setting it
up so that say 4 bodies would be in one area, and 2 in another... The 4
would have 20 INT, and the 2 10. Would this work as buying 5 copies of +5
INT, Only when in Range of Mind Link, on each body?

: When *is* rec.games.frp.super-heroes going to be up?
As soon as possible, I hope. :)

0 neue Nachrichten