net.rpg.freeform: ANNOUNCEMENT

Steffan O'Sullivan

Nov 30, 1992, 11:29:39 AM11/30/92
Since my site was cut off from the net for five days, I have no idea
which of my posts made it through, and which didn't.

At any rate, later this week I'll be posting the rewrite, which has
changed considerably in many ways, and is much larger.

Two important changes:

1) The name. After vacillating wildly for a few days, I've finally
settled on FUDGE: Freeform, Universal, Donated Game Engine. FUDGE is
doubly appropriate: not only is the acronym accurate (it's just an
engine - the GM must supply the body of the RPG vehicle), but the GM
will have to fudge a lot of the rules, too :-) Aside from that, it has
the same light, modest tone as SLUG had (which is still a great name,
but I blew it with the copyright notice).

2) Copyright: since it was pointed out that I blew it with SLUG's legal
notice, I have copyrighted FUDGE, but grant permission for it to be
copied freely.

A query:

FTP sites: I eventually want FUDGE to be readily available to anyone
who wants to download it. I know nothing of such net.niceties. The
file is currently about 50K - can someone tell me (A) where to store
FUDGE; (B) how to store FUDGE; and (C) whether to keep it in one file
or smaller files?

Thanks,

--
- Steffan O'Sullivan s...@oz.plymouth.edu