Richest UO people here

Yarahu Akhbar

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
At the moment about 32K. I have never had more than around 70 at the same
time. I do have two houses though.

Yarahu

Rumpelstiltskin heeft geschreven in bericht ...
>Just wondering, thought it may beinteresting...
>i dont know if anything like this has been done before, but who has the
>biggest hoarde of gold here?
>
>Myself, i have a mere 20k, and not for long, as i wanna buy a new dragon.
>
>I tend to just spend as soon as i get it.
>
>And no, i dont have 20k and a tower deed, i have 20k, no house at all! :)
>
>So how much gold (not houses) have YOU got?
>

>Rump
>Europa

Rumpelstiltskin

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00

Richard Cortese

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
I play mutiple shards and have been playing an awfully long time. I also
have always had a somewhat unique playstyle for what UO used to be like. SOP
used to be something like "tailor fancy shirts until you have 100k, then
macro casting flame strikes on yourself until your magery and resistance was
high and your bank balance was zero".

I've always looked for ways to gain skills while making money instead. When
building magery I used to hit escorting hard, when building melee skills I
usually chose the monsters with the most loot over something like a bear. I
love stone harpies after a blade spirit is applied to them..

I haven't counted lately, but I think I have between 1.5 and 2 million gold
laying around. I also give a lot of gold away, there was a guy in full plate
on a horse with something like "give me gold, I won't turn it down" on his
character profile, I gave him 3k.<grin>

Both of my sons have different play styles. One plays a bard so he doesn't
have the need for much money and doesn't really try to make much. My other
son finds everything but the money making aspects of the game interesting,
for instance he mined and bought ingots to create a GM smith, but doesn't
have a vendor or sell to other players so he ended up broke after the
effort.
Rumpelstiltskin <phil...@eircom.net> wrote in message

Mark Windle

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00

Rumpelstiltskin wrote in message ...

>Just wondering, thought it may beinteresting...
>i dont know if anything like this has been done before, but who has the
>biggest hoarde of gold here?
>
>Myself, i have a mere 20k, and not for long, as i wanna buy a new dragon.
>
>I tend to just spend as soon as i get it.
>
>And no, i dont have 20k and a tower deed, i have 20k, no house at all! :)
>
>So how much gold (not houses) have YOU got?
>

>Rump
>Europa

26k for one char
22k for another
no other worldly posessions..

Brian Keener

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
6k. All hard earned money... I had 21k, but I spent 15k on a dragon
boat.

Brian K

Mistress Morrigan

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
I have about 130k in the bank at the moment... this is of course before
buying half the cost of a large marble patio deed tongiht :)

--
Mistress Morrigan (Trinity Goddess)
Pronunciation {mor-rig-ahn}

-----------

Myrex

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
I had about 60k. was saving for a bigger house, but the rush forced me to
buy a 43k stone&plas.
then i thought, oh, what to spend the rest on. and in my boredom i bought a
boat, 12k.
oh, hehe
that works out at more than 60k, well i was earning at the time, i think i
got about 8k left now.

--
remove .spam from end of address when replying via email
"Yarahu Akhbar" <darta...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> At the moment about 32K. I have never had more than around 70 at the same
> time. I do have two houses though.
>
> Yarahu
>
> Rumpelstiltskin heeft geschreven in bericht ...

Mark Donnison

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00

Rumpelstiltskin <phil...@eircom.net> wrote in message
> Just wondering, thought it may beinteresting...
> i dont know if anything like this has been done before, but who has
the
> biggest hoarde of gold here?
<snip>

At the moment my main char, Galat, is
pennyless, he was quite well off until
he came down with a serious case of
magery.

My second char, Stitch, is a tailor/healer/
Fencer and finds making large sums of cash
easy. He also spends large amounts and gives
alot away, so the most he has had at any one
time was last night, he had just over 360K which
he was going to use to buy a large dwelling,
unfortunately he broke into a sweat at
the size of his bank balance and promptly
bought a full Ranger suit, a peice of green
leather and two full valorite plate sets, and a
few weapons. He now has, a much more
manageble, 220K.

Stitch (Europa)

Dobanth

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
I have about 35k, and I'm giving it away as fast as possible! Gave away 5k
tuesday night, giving away 5k and a red champagne flute tonight, and
sometime soon I'll be giving away a small house deed. Look for me on Great
Lakes, I've started running quests for free (since OSI doesn't do quests, I
do).

--
Dobanth
Great Lakes

"Rumpelstiltskin" <phil...@eircom.net> wrote in message
> Just wondering, thought it may beinteresting...
> i dont know if anything like this has been done before, but who has the
> biggest hoarde of gold here?

Essota Dar

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
It took me 13 months of playing solo, hunting monsters, going to lich
room collecting scrolls to sell to npc, resurecting from reds, to amass
a small fortune of over 400k, and that without any money producing
skills. I dropped mining as my mainskill my first month of playing.

So there I am stacking and counting my ill gotten gains, and along
comes Trammel with new housing going up, and I sez to myself, "Self,
you have got to get one of them there modern Towers with hizzen and
herren seperate sanitation facilities and drafty hallways so the
ghosties feels at home and kin keep me company at a late evening."

So now I have 43k and Tower deed.

greywolf

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
WHAT? 1.5 - 2 million??????? DUPER!!!!!!!!!

heheheh

Richard Cortese <rico...@netmagic.net> wrote in message

Lars Friedrich

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
"Rumpelstiltskin" wrote:
> So how much gold (not houses) have YOU got?
A castle deed, a two story old style and a large marble patio deed are
waiting in my bank box. Additionaly around 50-60k cash, so around 1.5
million. This is Chesapeake money but not sure if it counts. I earned 500k
on Siege Perilous and traded it for Chesa money for a new start. While this
might not be as honorable as earning it on Chesa, it is still money I earned
through hard work as a pure warrior/alchemist.

Travail

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
Dobanth wrote:
> Look for me on Great
> Lakes, I've started running quests for free (since OSI doesn't do quests,
> do).

Dobanth, e-mail me sometime. I hope to open an inn in Trammel and I want to
run quests out of it from time to time. I also have quite a few ideas for
quests, even a doc I wrote up for a guild that would exist to run quests.
Like you, I intend to use a lot of my money to fix up the inn and run quests
(once my family is taken care of, of course). I'd love to work with you if
you cotton to the idea ("cotton to it" being a Southern US term for "if you
down wit it.")

--Travail
(Great Lakes)
tra...@twilson.com

Travail

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00

Rumpelstiltskin asked:

> So how much gold (not houses) have YOU got?

I have about 70 K plus a deed for a 2-story stone-and-plaster. After
busting my gorget to get enough for the deed, I wasn't really too worried
about money. I was a little shocked when I went to drop some gold on the
pile in the bank and I had to make a new pile. Considering my favored armor
plus weapons is usually less than 3K and I don't use a lot of regs, I don't
have too many expenses. I even broke down and bought a horse the other day,
although I'm not overly fond of them, since the cost seemed so trivial. Of
course, I died the very next die and so did the horse. I won't be sitting
the saddle again for awhile.

Once I get my house nicely decorated (any GL carpenters out there who can
make beds and such, drop me a line) I will be using the rest of it for
quests and such. My income now is so sufficient that my bowyer mule has
taken up carpentry and my main char now supports HIM.

--Travail
(Great Lakes)

Nate

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
I'd like to think that I'm one of the richest... why?... because
I enjoy the game... whether I'm mining my main character (with
44k in the bank and a small boat) or wrestling rats with my
penniless begger (whos "hard-earned" cash usually gets transfered
to another character at the end of the day) I have fun.

--
Nathaniel Minera of Britain
Great Lakes (Trammel)

Xigam

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
On Thu, 8 Jun 2000 15:32:37 +0100, "Rumpelstiltskin"
<phil...@eircom.net> wrote:

I've about 200k across all my chars.. I only play chessy..

I've got 1000's of regents though..

- Xigam

Eric A. Hall

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
I have ~500k on Catskills, all chars combined. It would be much much more,
except that I have built a 4x craftsman mostly by purchasing resources which
cost about 2 million gp (lets figure ~500k items such as ingots, hides and
lumber at an average of 4gp each), and I have three adept mages and one GM
mage, at a total reagent cost of ~500k.

Most of my money has come from monster bashing and from selling craft items.
Back when Parry was very hard to get, I would spend a couple of hour every
night in the Papau desert, not returning until I had used 100 bandages. I'd
often come back with 4k in loot from each of those trips, and now that I'm
working resist in the same way I typically make multiple trips with several
thousand gold each trip (brought in >15k from the ophid highway feluccia
last night alone).

Before recycling, I would make 4k per trip selling leather and plate armor
back to the NPCs.

Also, my prospector is a gold faucet. I take his GM Lockpicking to dungeons
sometimes and within 4 minutes will have 3k gp and a couple of magic items.
Or I spend a weekend doing 10 lvl 3 maps and come out of it with 60k and a
buttload of items.

Dorian

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
<phil...@eircom.net> wrote:

>Just wondering, thought it may beinteresting...
>i dont know if anything like this has been done before, but who has the
>biggest hoarde of gold here?
>
>Myself, i have a mere 20k, and not for long, as i wanna buy a new dragon.
>
>I tend to just spend as soon as i get it.
>
>And no, i dont have 20k and a tower deed, i have 20k, no house at all! :)
>

>So how much gold (not houses) have YOU got?
>

>Rump
>Europa

Well, About a million on Napa, 1.4 million on Baja, about a million on
Chessy, 2 million or so on LS, And about 600K left on Siege. :)

Mistress Morrigan

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
Once I get my deed... wanna sell me some? :)

--

"Xigam" <xigam@nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Thu, 8 Jun 2000 15:32:37 +0100, "Rumpelstiltskin"

Dorian

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
On Thu, 08 Jun 2000 14:08:20 -0500, Xigam <xigam@nospam@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>>A castle deed, a two story old style and a large marble patio deed are
>>waiting in my bank box. Additionaly around 50-60k cash, so around 1.5
>>million. This is Chesapeake money but not sure if it counts. I earned 500k
>>on Siege Perilous and traded it for Chesa money for a new start. While this
>>might not be as honorable as earning it on Chesa, it is still money I earned
>>through hard work as a pure warrior/alchemist.
>

>What made you want to move to Chessy?

A couple Chessy guilds were moving to SP, so i assume, it was rather
easy for Lars to transfer the GP. Same way i tansferred 2 mil to LS
:).

Xigam

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00

Conrad R. Harkrader

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
I have just shy of 700k. Been playing for three months, off and on.

Rich;)
"Can any plausible excuse be furnished for
the crime of creating the human race?"
-Mark Twain

P.S. Yes, I know my system date is set to
the wrong year. This is on purpose. Sorry
for any inconvenience.

Xigam

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
On Thu, 8 Jun 2000 13:39:52 -0500, "Mistress Morrigan"
<winte...@cyberspace.org> wrote:

>Once I get my deed... wanna sell me some? :)

No! :-P

I hate shopping for regs.. so when I had 200k last time, and I decided
Trammel wasn't for me, I decided to stock up for Factions..

Factions never made it.. but I spend a good 4 hours shopping for
regs.. I HATE IT.. but I do recommend to anyone that is a mage to drop
some major loot on regs and buy enough so that you only have to do it
every couple of months.

- Xigam

Lars Friedrich

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
5 minutes at the Britain bank.

Xigam

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
On 8 Jun 2000 15:06:05 -0500, "Lars Friedrich"
<Iya...@generalmail.net> wrote:

>5 minutes at the Britain bank.

Well, what I was trying to ask was.. why chessy instead of say
catskills? What's your impression of chessy compared to other servers
you've played?

Dundee

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
On 08 Jun 2000 21:26:11 GMT, dakko...@aol.com (DakkonBlak) wrote:

> 5mil plus a placed tower, 20k each reag, TRUE rares, numerous weapons of vanq.
> ALL from fancy shirts :) God my carpel tunnel is bad. Now the only way to make
> cash is to..... ummm..... how do you make cash now?? Peace.

Does your house smell like cat ass?

--
http://atlas.spaceports.com/~dundee/

DakkonBlak

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
5mil plus a placed tower, 20k each reag, TRUE rares, numerous weapons of vanq.
ALL from fancy shirts :) God my carpel tunnel is bad. Now the only way to make
cash is to..... ummm..... how do you make cash now?? Peace.

Blink of Chesapeake
Marsalla also of Chesapeake

Chi-Ho Lam

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
<phil...@eircom.net> wrote:

>Just wondering, thought it may beinteresting...
>i dont know if anything like this has been done before, but who has the
>biggest hoarde of gold here?
>
>Myself, i have a mere 20k, and not for long, as i wanna buy a new dragon.
>
>I tend to just spend as soon as i get it.
>
>And no, i dont have 20k and a tower deed, i have 20k, no house at all! :)
>
>So how much gold (not houses) have YOU got?

(Careful - this is long!)

About 2 million gp.

Oddly, I may not be the normal (maybe I am!) UO pattern. Up to about
2-3 months ago, I had about 200k. Then made 1.8 Mill in about 2-3
months.

I've been playing for about 2 years - started in the Summer of 98. For
about 6 months, the most I could earn (and keep in the bank) was 10k,
and that was on a good week - 10k was rich in those days!

Then our guild wanted to save for a Two Storey House... took me ages
to stump up the 20k.

A month later, I reached a big float of 20k! At which time, the guild
wanted to buy a Tower Deed!!! 40k each! I had to take a loan from one
of my fellow guildmembers, only being able to stump up 25k of my
share. We're still holding that deed to this day - hoping that come
the 16th June, it'll no longer be a deed, but a realisation of a
dream.

Slowly over the period of 9 months-1year of my start, I slowly built
myself up to about 30k, saving and scrimping, reaching milestones of
GM Tactics, then GM Swordsman - being a Fighter, not really requiring
reagents, I was able to live on smaller means.

Then, the trader in me came to forth. I noticed a market for magic
weapons. I started to become the source of weapons at the East Britain
Bank (Chessy). Starting small, with ruins and mights (when that
actually meant something) - I made a small profit of 250-500gp per
weapon, buying cheap and selling high. Always made a personal
guarantee of quality (brand new, charges intact etc)

Soon, I was known in Britain for quality weapons. Someone to trust,
someone to go to for a 'good and honest' weapon.

Then the big deal - the one that you stay awake dreaming of. The Big
One. I managed to find someone who was looking for the Ultimate
Weapon. I found someone who was selling the Ultimate Weapon.

An Indestructable Supremely Accurate Silver Heavy Xbow of Vanquishing.
(Back then, this was a nice, heavy hitting weap - not quite like it's
poor cousin now - the hey day of Heavy Xbow PKs)

The Sell was placed on a small vendor house - 25k. Just sitting there
- I met the seller at the Artist Building, north of the Main Britain
bank and was taken to the vendor (just outside West Britain). I had 2
friends as backup, in case anything happened. We arrived, and I scoped
the area - casted Reveal, then Wall of Stone on the vendor house door,
quickly bought, and thanked the buyer, recalled and banked my prized
possession. Then.... the server crashed.

I was panicing - I had a buyer with 45k waiting to buy, I had the
weapon, now gone. *sighs* The Seller was worried - he had not put any
gold on the vendor to pay the dues. To bed, a worried and frustrated
man.

The next morning was a mad dash to the vendor house - it wasn't there
- crest-fallen, I returned back to Britain, ready to break the bad
news to the buyer. Then, *uh-oh* up pops ICQ and the seller says 'Hey!
I still have it!'.

A quick meeting, and there was the brand new Silver Heavy in my bank.
10 mins later, a quick trade, and what was a 25k investment - became a
45k pot of gold! The bug had bitten, I was caught forever.

From then on, with my newly inflated investment fund, I started to
trade in the more prized possessions. Powers, Vanqs, Silvers. All this
before the glut of Treasure Chests, SOS Bottles.

Many a happy customer, and I became more and more wealthy - until I
reached 150k-200k, with about 2-300k of 'stock'. Then I stopped -
there didn't seem to be a reason to chase it, nothing to spend it on.
The stock gathered dust (and still does!)

That was about a year ago - and then things started to slowly change -
over that period - the arcane art of magery took my fancy, and slowly,
from a fighter who could barely cast a heal, I slowly became a mage.

It was slow - and that 150k soon became the 10k that I started with
over a year ago. Until I reached the 70s, and a friend showed me
something that forever changed my wealth. Escorting.

I escorted, and escorted, and then escorted some more. Perfected it
into an art - a perfect circle of Jhelom, Nu'Jelm, Cove, Skara Brae.
Even had a record of 20k in one hour! (not counting regs) And the
skills were climbing! My gold reached the dizzy heights of 400k. And
then we reached the 90s. Every mages' gold sink - the fund dwindled
back to 50k. Swiftly followed by some more perfect circles to bump up
the funds.

Then it happened - GM Magery. Several months of dizzying perfect
circles - it had happened! Then it was - hmm, what now? Life returned
to normal, although some hours were spent nostalgically doing more
circles to bump up the funds. But it was bubbling quite nicely at
about 150-200k. Enough to keep one going, able to buy whatever one
wanted without too much worry.

Then I met my partner (soon to be wife! - marriage after we place our
Marital Tower!) We spent many an hour together, no need for the gold,
wealthy in ourselves.

She was a warrior just like I once was, clumsy of hand, weak of mind -
her first tentative, clumsy steps of the 'combo' towards GM Mage will
be a fond memory for many years. That was another expensive trip - but
we drew perfect circles together *smiles* - that was fun too!

Then we settled down again, only making enough gold to sustain us -
until one day - 2-3 months ago, we choose to try our hand at craft
skills. (Both of us were one char players before then). Tinkerer,
Lumberjack, Miner, Alchemist, Scribe... The reg costs were phenomenal
- (now 1 GM Scribe, 1 GM Alchemist) - but this was funded by having
the good fortune of placing a Reagent vendor at a popular vendor
house.

Over that time, the reg vendor and others prospered - taking in nearly
20-30k a day - easily funding our work, but a lot of hard work keeping
up too. Since that time 2-3 months ago, we've brought in nearly 2
million in gold - including the costs of training up a GM Alchemist,
GM Scribe (300k?). Pretty good going.

So, why, you may ask, if you have so much gold do you keep going?
Well, I'll point you to something I said earlier: "We spent many an
hour together, no need for the gold, wealthy in ourselves." Gold
doesn't mean anything to me, spending time with her does - if it means
making gold, then I want to make all the gold in the world.

Oh yes, a very long winded way to say: approx 2 Mill - (and hopefully
growing!)

Chi-Ho
Mord-Sith
Chesapeake

Senorbiged

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
> i dont know if anything like this has been done before, but who has the
> biggest hoarde of gold here?

I have just over 13 million gold.

Stealing deeds (while they could be stolen) is a profitable thing.

> So how much gold (not houses) have YOU got?
>

> Rump
> Europa

Dave Gahan

Otara

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
Dunno. ABout a million all up I think, mostly in assets right now.
Gold is ludicrously easy in UO, with both facets IMO.

Otara

<phil...@eircom.net> wrote:

>Just wondering, thought it may beinteresting...

>i dont know if anything like this has been done before, but who has the
>biggest hoarde of gold here?
>

>Myself, i have a mere 20k, and not for long, as i wanna buy a new dragon.
>
>I tend to just spend as soon as i get it.
>
>And no, i dont have 20k and a tower deed, i have 20k, no house at all! :)

Kreskn

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
Rumpelstiltskin asked:

-So how much gold (not houses) have YOU got?

I can tell you who has too much money.
The person who left a guestbook note in my house, asking
to buy our Pegasus statue for 3 million.
Sorry, not for sale :)

Rooke of Lake Inferior

Otara

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
On Thu, 08 Jun 2000 22:30:23 +0100, Chi-Ho Lam
<chih...@netcomuk.co.uk> wrote:

>Oddly, I may not be the normal (maybe I am!) UO pattern. Up to about
>2-3 months ago, I had about 200k. Then made 1.8 Mill in about 2-3
>months.
>
>I've been playing for about 2 years - started in the Summer of 98. For
>about 6 months, the most I could earn (and keep in the bank) was 10k,
>and that was on a good week - 10k was rich in those days!

I'd guess thats happened with a lot of people. I had less than 100k
for a couple of years, now I have almost 10 times that.

Otara

Lars Friedrich

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
"Xigam" wrote:
> >5 minutes at the Britain bank.
> Well, what I was trying to ask was.. why chessy instead of say
> catskills?
> What's your impression of chessy compared to other servers you've played?
Well, a lot of people I met on SP came from Chessy, it has a rather
well-developed roleplaying community and my connection to it is better than
to Catskills. Also I played Cats before and still had chars there I didn't
want to use or delete. And connection wise was either East Coast or
European, but I dislike Drachenfels (too many german speaking people for my
taste..strange, but true) and I played Europa before SP and didn't want to

Richard Cortese

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
Ever seen the inside of a dungeon?

Senorbiged <senor...@home.com> wrote in message

> > i dont know if anything like this has been done before, but who has the
> > biggest hoarde of gold here?
> >

> I have just over 13 million gold.
>
> Stealing deeds (while they could be stolen) is a profitable thing.
>

> > So how much gold (not houses) have YOU got?
> >

> > Rump
> > Europa
> >

> Dave Gahan

Mike (Zumie)

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
Now, was this stealing the deeds off the npc vendor, while they wandered
around, while it was still possible, or stealing the deeds off players?
I am going to hazard a guess, but I don't want to say anything to influence
people...
(hint: 13 million... probably the first one...?)
--
Mike / Zumie (2961668)
"A smoking section in a restuarant? Isnt that a little like having a peeing

Eric A. Hall

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00

> I have 109k. I sell boards.

except to me. :(

Goldmar

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
> So how much gold (not houses) have YOU got?

Adding all the gold on my 5 characters, I'd say it's currently about 50k. I
used to have about 250k total, but magery and a new house took that down
tremendously.

Apteryx

Jun 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/9/00
Rumpelstiltskin <phil...@eircom.net> wrote in message

> Just wondering, thought it may beinteresting...
> i dont know if anything like this has been done before, but who has the
> biggest hoarde of gold here?
>
> Myself, i have a mere 20k, and not for long, as i wanna buy a new dragon.
>
> I tend to just spend as soon as i get it.
>
> And no, i dont have 20k and a tower deed, i have 20k, no house at all! :)
>
> So how much gold (not houses) have YOU got?

About 160k spread across 12 characters on 3 shards. But nearly all of it on
3 characters who just had it sort of build up while pursuing other goals (2
seeking the bubble reputation even in the lich lord's mouth, getting to
Glorious/Illustrious and building up about 100k doing it; one while becoming
a GM Warrior in the halls of Shame). My characters who aren't pursuing fame
or warrior skills just tend to spend money as they get it, and hover around
a nil balance.

And no plans for a house anyway, although no doubt the introduction of
vendors to Trammel is going to eat into that balance; my GM warrior's main
combat skill is swords, and so naturally has collected magic maces, kryss's,
and bows - and no damn swords!

Apteryx

FuriousXGeorge

Jun 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/9/00

I have 109k. I sell boards.

Furious George
aka
Queso

FuriousXGeorge

Jun 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/9/00

>> I have 109k. I sell boards.
>
>except to me. :(

Well, ya see. What i always do is this, I start lumberjacking with the goal of
getting up to 15k to sell them to you at 4gp each. But what always happens is
I get to arround 5k boards and someone is at brit bank yelling that they will
buy them for 5.

Then I start over.

Furious George
aka
Queso

Rotund the Rotund

Jun 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/9/00
>i dont know if anything like this has been done before, but who has the
>biggest hoarde of gold here?

Last night I had 574 gold. After todays' efforts, I think I have about 3500
or so.

I do have a deed for a villa, but that is between two of us. And I did give
a friend about 45K towrds his house. Oh, and I tend to give a lot away to
new guys needing a helping hand.

Hey, 574 gold, but I ain't starving yet, and it shows an overall profit of
474 gold in six months, in cash, since I first appeared outside some Britain
tavern or where-ever it was.

Rotund the rotund

Mistress Morrigan

Ingot

Jun 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/9/00

"Rumpelstiltskin" <phil...@eircom.net> wrote

> Just wondering, thought it may beinteresting...
> i dont know if anything like this has been done before, but who has the
> biggest hoarde of gold here?

Ingot: 150k, 1/2 interest in a tower deed, 1/2 interest in a nice placed
patio.
Delstar: about 45k

Ingot
Atlantic

Ingot

Jun 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/9/00

"Apteryx" <a.m...@deletethistoreply.xtra.co.nz>

Excuse me, but I have to ask.

Are you a Wingless Bird with Hairy Feathers?

Ingot
Atlantic

Mistress Morrigan

Jun 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/9/00
I don't remember the spelling but the name isn't in relation to the first
bird... which did have wings

It sounds like Ark-e-op-trix as I said... don't remember the exact spelling

--
Mistress Morrigan (Trinity Goddess)
Pronunciation {mor-rig-ahn}
=
High Queen and Goddess of the Tuatha Dé Danann.
As Macha she is Goddess of war and fertility
As Badb she is the water-goddess whose sacred well is a source of knowledge.
As Neman she is the goddess of war and battle.

-----------
"Ingot" <cle...@iglou.com> wrote in message

Ingot

Jun 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/9/00

"Mistress Morrigan" <winte...@cyberspace.org> wrote in message

> I don't remember the spelling but the name isn't in relation to the first
> bird... which did have wings
>
> It sounds like Ark-e-op-trix as I said... don't remember the exact
spelling

Well, according to online dictionaries:

apteryx [APTERIKS]. n.m. (v. kiwi) Running bird of New Zealand which has
only rudiments of wings.

But I was thinking more of the BC character by Johnny Hart:

Apteryx (A wingless bird with hairy feathers)

Mistress Morrigan

Jun 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/9/00
Ahh I thought you were refering to the FIRST prehistoric bird that had
feathers from just post Jurassic period... hmm or was it at the end of the
Createcous period?? Hmmm grrr now thats gonna bug me

--
Mistress Morrigan (Trinity Goddess)
Pronunciation {mor-rig-ahn}
=
High Queen and Goddess of the Tuatha Dé Danann.
As Macha she is Goddess of war and fertility
As Badb she is the water-goddess whose sacred well is a source of knowledge.
As Neman she is the goddess of war and battle.

-----------
"Ingot" <cle...@iglou.com> wrote in message

Nate

Jun 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/9/00
In article <sk2b6bs...@corp.supernews.com>, "Mistress

Morrigan" <winte...@cyberspace.org> wrote:
>Ahh I thought you were refering to the FIRST prehistoric bird
that had
>feathers from just post Jurassic period... hmm or was it at the
end of the
>Createcous period?? Hmmm grrr now thats gonna bug me

from a long time ago... ;-)

Mistress Morrigan

Radnor

Jun 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/9/00
,----[ Rumpelstiltskin (phil...@eircom.net) wrote:]------------

|So how much gold (not houses) have YOU got?

I have 100 gold and two apples.

--
___ ______________________________
(___| Radnor |__ http://www.blackdot.org/ __)

Kreskn

Jun 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/9/00
Radnor wrote:

-I have 100 gold and two apples.

I'll buy one of those apples for 1000 gold.
Is it a red Delicious?

--
-All those who believe in suggestion. Raise my hand-

Dobanth

Jun 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/9/00
Thanks for the offer but I'm not sure I want to get that into it yet,
tonight will be my last one for a while (as I am now broke). I'm doing it
with a guy who wanted to try doing one when he saw me advertising for my
first. We're giving away a small house deed tonight, if you're interested
come by brit bank at 7pm CST.

--
Dobanth
Great Lakes

"Travail" <tra...@twilson.com> wrote in message
> Dobanth wrote:
> > Look for me on Great
> > Lakes, I've started running quests for free (since OSI doesn't do
quests,
> > do).
>
> Dobanth, e-mail me sometime. I hope to open an inn in Trammel and I want
> run quests out of it from time to time. I also have quite a few ideas for
> quests, even a doc I wrote up for a guild that would exist to run quests.
> Like you, I intend to use a lot of my money to fix up the inn and run
quests
> (once my family is taken care of, of course). I'd love to work with you
if
> you cotton to the idea ("cotton to it" being a Southern US term for "if
you
> down wit it.")
>
> --Travail
> (Great Lakes)
> tra...@twilson.com

Zippy

Jun 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/9/00
Totaling up all 5 chrs i guess about 400k , got a 2 story deed in the bank
as well.. and a small house waiting for re-deed on fel.. so i guess not
including regs , armour , ingots and all that crap .. about 650k?
(*after a while you run outta things to spend it on..)

--
'Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.'

Apteryx

Jun 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/10/00
Ingot <cle...@iglou.com> wrote in message

> "Apteryx" <a.m...@deletethistoreply.xtra.co.nz>
>
> Excuse me, but I have to ask.
>
> Are you a Wingless Bird with Hairy Feathers?

Yes indeed :)

--
Apteryx

Apteryx

Jun 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/10/00

> Ahh I thought you were refering to the FIRST prehistoric bird that had
> feathers from just post Jurassic period... hmm or was it at the end of the
> Createcous period?? Hmmm grrr now thats gonna bug me

You are probably thinking of Archaeopteryx, a "missing link" reptilian bird
from the late Jurassic

--
Apteryx

Mistress Morrigan

Flynn4X

Jun 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/20/00
Im Artikel <20000608172611...@ng-fx1.aol.com>, dakko...@aol.com
(DakkonBlak) schreibt:

>5mil plus a placed tower, 20k each reag, TRUE rares, numerous weapons of
>vanq.

Rare reag.s, weapons or what ?