BLACK VOID GATING: Phenomenon Solved! ( New in-game Book )

1 view

Grant Chapman

Dec 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/19/98
BLACK VOID GATING:
Phenomenon Solved!

By Sardonyx

This book is dedicated to:
Ares De Wars

Table of Contents
Foreward
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

FOREWARD
This book was compiled in the pursuit of scientific discovery into the
phenomenon commonly known as "Black Void Gating". Occasionally when a Mage
casts the spell Gate Travel they become engulfed briefly in complete
darkness. Sounds from the destination location have been heard, but the Mage
just reappears back in the departure location. This has created several
problems for Mages who lead escorts, mounts, or pets. The spell would
unfortunately allow those following the mage to pass through the gate but
not the Mage. If the Mage trys to immediately recall to the same marked
location to retrieve the escorts or pets the location would appear to be
blocked.

I have conducted a great deal of research and experimentation into the
subject. I believe I have uncovered the reason and am now able to share my
findings. I have listed the more common theories on the subject and my
findings on each, however I believe my current theory on Elevated
Destinations hold the answer to the subject.

CHAPTER 1
Unsynchronized Moongate Phases Theory:
Consultation with the scholars resident at the Lycaeum on Moonglow provided
invaluable information in the forms of charts and tables on the lunar phases
of Trammel and Felucca.
According to readings taken with the telescope at the observatory I am able
to confirm the traditionally accepted alignments are still accurate, thus
dispelling the theory.

CHAPTER 2
Chronometic Dilation Theory:
At a recent forum held on the subject of Black Void Gating in Britannia the
theory that the fabric of time between various regions of Britainnia may be
dialated was raised. The affects of extended, unsynchronized, or dilated
time differences would be far more widespread than the seemingly random
Black Void phenomena. In order to disprove this theory I conducted a
controlled experiment on the Island of Magincia using three clocks, sextants
and linked crystals. I sent an assistant to htree distant lands of Brittania
and asked them to read aloud to the crystals the exact time and coordinate
every few minutes. Wearing a personal timepiece I travelled to each location
and took my own readings. There were no time differences as expected. It
should be noted that "Tym" (time) is not a verbal component of the spell,
which casts additional shadows over this theory.

CHAPTER 3
Sulphurous Ash Contamination Theory:
Conjecture was raised of the possibility of a contaminated or impure batch
of Sulphurous Ash may be in circulation. The Sorcers Guild in Moonglow
postulated this theory. It has been rejected after extensive sampling and
tests were conducted.

CHAPTER 4
Elevated Destinations Theory:
Recently, a breakthrough was made in the city of Magincia when the test site
was moved to a raised dais. It was discovered that when casting a gate to
the raised destination the phenomenon occurred. Cross checking through
reports on the locations where the phenomenon occurred revealed that each
rune was marked to an elevated destination such as flat roofs, raised
platforms, upper stories of buildings, and theater stages could cause Black
Void Gating. Conclusive testing has been conducted which reveals the cause
of the phenomenon. Investigations are still be made into the exact nature of
it.

THE END…

This book will be available on the Sonoma Shard shortly.
Addtionally the Elevated Destination issue is real. For those people who
experience this problem when gating check to see if your rune is marked to a
roof, stage, stairs, or uneven ground. It did take me a while to work out
what was causing this as recall is unaffected by this problem and you only
tend to get it occasionally when escorting other people. I hope this proves
useful