Graphical MUD's & Multi-Player Games Pointers

Hans Mikelson

Oct 4, 1995, 3:00:00 AM10/4/95
Here is a list of Graphical MUD's and Graphical Multiplayer Games I've
assembled. If anyone knows of any others which should be included or any
missing information or errors in this list please let me know.

GRAPHICAL MUDS:
Dragonspires: http://www.realtime.net/~gauntlet/dspire.html
Requires a special MSDOS client. Includes a town with an arena so far.

Kingdom of Drakkar: http://arty.rutgers.edu/drak.htm

Crossfire: http://www.ifi.uio.no/~frankj/crossfire/index.html

Chiba MOO: http://sensemedia.net/chiba

Regenesis: http://www.lysator.liu.se/index.html

Neverwinter Nights:
people and is only available on America On-Line.

Shadow of Yserbius:
info on it.

Netrek ][ Paradise: http://www.cs.umn.edu/user/glamm/paradise/
Star Trek based graphical MUD. Does not currently support MSWindows or MSDOS.

Chaco Multi-Media MUD client "Pueblo": http://www.chaco.com/
Windows 95 and Windows/NT only.

MULTI-PLAYER GAMES:
Marathon:

DOOM/Heretic/Quake: http://doomgate.cs.buffalo.edu/
to four players by calling special dial up commercial networks. The
largest is called DWANGO and has dialups located in many cities.

DWANGO: http://www.hti.net/dwango/welcome.html

The new Id game, Quake, is scheduled for release this Christmas and will
be client/server based. It will support many more players (64?)

(no name yet)
http://www.terranova.com/~sellers

KALI: http://www.axxis.com/kali/
multi-player games over the internet with either a direct link or a
modem. The following games work with it: Doom, Heretic, Descent, Virtual
Pool, Rise of the Triad, Terminal Velocity, Warcraft, PC Bolo. It should
work with any other game designed for multiple players using IPX
networks. It seems to convert IPX info to TCP/IP info.

GRAPHICAL CHAT ROOMS:
Worlds Away on CompuServe

Worlds Chat from Worlds Inc: http://www.worlds.net/
building.