16 Fake Sam Sloan messages posted while I was at the World Open

Sam Sloan

Jul 5, 2006, 11:47:06 AM7/5/06
16 Fake Sam Sloan messages posted while I was at the World Open

I just got back from the World Open. In my absence, 16 fake messages
supposedly from me have been posted especially to the Newsgroup
rec.games.chess.politics .

I have proof that I did not post these fakes because as everybody at
the World Open knows, I spent three days from July 2 to July 4 handing
out my election propaganda. I did not post anything or go online
during those dates. I handed out 400 flyers. I did not see even one of
them discarded or thrown in the trash, so is seems that a substantial
portion of them actually got read.

Of the 16 fake postings during those dates, 14 of them came from
sams...@usa.com . These are, in general, easy to spot as fakes
because they say things that I would obviously never say.

However, two fake postings were from From: "Sam Sloan"
an...@comments.header and twistycreek.com

These two are matters of concern because in the first place they are
not short and obscene as postings from sams...@usa.com typically are.

Rather, they are long and detailed and written in a style similar to
mine. I suspect that the average reader will not realize that they are
fake.

One of them is entitled Kayo may be Pregnant Again. This is especially
annoying because although I have long ago given up hope that people
will stop attacking me, it is beyond the pale to say anything about my
wife and minor children.

I would never say publicly whether my wife is or is not pregnant
because there is an old saw that that a pregnancy should never be
announced until the baby is born, because there might be a miscarriage
or the baby might not come out alright. Some say it brings bad luck. I
am not a believer in bad luck but I do follow this rule. I am aware
that movie stars, in order to gain publicity for themselves, announce
their pregnancies as do members of the royal families, to maintain
their dynasties, but normal people do not do that.

My last posting just moments prior to leaving for the World Open was
entitled "Executive Board motion authorizing the borrowing of
$561,000"

That was posted at Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 16:37:59 GMT

Any postings by Sam Sloan between that date and this posting here was
fake.

Sam Sloan

Matt Nemmers

Jul 5, 2006, 2:26:17 PM7/5/06

SOLUTION: Stop posting on Usenet. This will eventually stop the
forgers and will let everyone breathe a sigh of relief that you're
finally gone for good.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

mar...@stkittsnevischess.org

Jul 5, 2006, 3:48:37 PM7/5/06

Sol wrote:

> Why are you guys so mean to Sam? Do you know him personally?

Because Sam supports Osama Bin Laden. We are mean to both Sam and
Osama.

What if the fake Sam Sloan is his son, Peter.

Marcus Roberts

Louis Blair

Jul 5, 2006, 8:43:20 PM7/5/06
One way to get a view of what Sam Sloan is like is to look at
the experience that people have had at Wikipedia:
_
"it is easy to veryify that there is auch a blacklist. ..."
- Sam Sloan (19:08, 22 December 2005 (UTC))
_
"If Sam Sloan is basing his contribution of a blacklist
based on conversations (newsgroup or otherwise),
emails, or his own suspicions that such a blacklist
exists, that is by definition original research and is not
allowed. However, if he were to cite reliable sources
that declare its existence, then its mention may be
included. This is non-negotiable. If Sam Sloan
continues his attempts to include this in the article
against the consensus formed by other editors on this
page, I will reluctantly have to impose a block."
- howcheng (06:37, 3 January 2006 (UTC))
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Chess_Life
_
_
"I do object when [Ralf Callenberg], JoanneB
and Janeth, none of whom know anything
about chess, try to delete the entire article."
- Sam Sloan (16:41, 24 December 2005 (UTC))
_
Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Tom Dorsch
(The result of the debate was delete. - howcheng
20:09, 29 December 2005 (UTC))
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Tom_Dorsch

_
_
"I am having a dispute with Howcheng and
I request the Arbitration Committee to
resolve it." - Sam Sloan
_
Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration
Sam Sloan against Howcheng regarding Tom Dorsch
(soundly rejected - Dmcdevit 06:23, 11 February 2006)
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration&diff=39178616&oldid=39171201

_
_
"The act by Howcheng to delete my Tom
Dorsch article was clearly wrong. ... I need
an order of protection telling Howcheng
to stay from my articles until he learns
something about chess." - Sam Sloan
(03:03, 4 March 2006 (UTC))
_
Wikipedia:Deletion review/Tom Dorsch
(deletion endorsed - Splash 23:53, 10 March 2006)
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia%3ADeletion_review&diff=43217170&oldid=43215421

_
_
"[Paul Rubin] has a history of vandalizing
almost every article I write." - Sam Sloan
(05:52, 19 March 2006 (UTC))
_
"his request for a 'cease and desist' order
is outside the scope of mediation." - Paul
Rubin (23:45, 19 March 2006 (UTC))
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Requests_for_mediation&oldid=44627462#User:Phr_against_User:Sam_Sloan

_
_
"[Ralf Callenberg] is clearly unwilling to
abide by the rules of Wikipedia and
therefore I am asking that if he continues
he be blocked." - Sam Sloan (04:11, 19
March 2006 (UTC))
_
"This doesn't appear to be a request for
mediation" - Ralf Callenberg (20:24,
19 March 2006 (UTC))
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Requests_for_mediation&oldid=44627462#User:Phr_against_User:Sam_Sloan

_
_
"the arbitration committee should consider
this dispute [with Paul Rubin]." - Sam Sloan
(10:15, 20 March 2006 (UTC))
_
Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration
[Sam Sloan vs. Paul Rubin]
(rejected - Sam Korn 11:11, 25 March 2006)
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia%3ARequests_for_arbitration&diff=45444953&oldid=45399095

_
_
"[Ralf Callenberg] ... should not be allowed
to delete or modify my postings." - Sam
Sloan (01:35, 20 March 2006 (UTC))
_
Wikipedia:Requests for arbitration
[Sam Sloan vs. Ralf Callenberg]
(rejected - Sam Korn 11:11, 25 March 2006)
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia%3ARequests_for_arbitration&diff=45444953&oldid=45399095

_
_
"I am requesting that, if possible and
legally allowed, your chess federation
bring a proceeding to censure or
reprimand or otherwise punish Herr
Callenberg." - Sam Sloan (Fri,
07 Apr 2006 14:54:46 GMT)

Sol

Jul 5, 2006, 9:59:15 PM7/5/06
"Louis Blair" <> One way to get a view of what Sam Sloan is like is to look

at
> the experience that people have had at Wikipedia:

the editors at Wikipedia are a bunch of egomaniacal assholes. They do their
job for free and to exert their influence over others.

Check the listings for Wiki editors and then visit their personal pages.
Every single one of the Wiki editors has dozens of complaints from various
people that they have screwed over arbitrarily. The fact that the Sam Sloan
got on the wrong side of one Wiki asshole (How Cheng) is probably a positive
testament.

Wikipedia is a joke, and garbage. It is facts created by mob rule.

Louis Blair

Jul 5, 2006, 10:25:09 PM7/5/06
_
"Re Wikipedia: Don't take Sam Sloan's
goofy complaint seriously." - jr
(16 Apr 2006 11:47:22 -0700)

Sol

Jul 5, 2006, 10:45:25 PM7/5/06
"Louis Blair" <"Re Wikipedia: Don't take Sam Sloan's goofy complaint

seriously." - jr
> (16 Apr 2006 11:47:22 -0700)

And those guys are running an encyclopedia? What a joke.

Sol

Jul 5, 2006, 10:52:23 PM7/5/06
When I used to be on AOL, it was just like Wikipedia. It was run by
"volunteers" who had absolute power to decide what was within the rules.

Not surprisingly, in these "AOL neighborhoods" there were many folks running
non-premium-level commercial websites that were 100% against the rules.
These folks were allowed if they were friends of the "AOL Watch" members.

I did see many NON-commercial websites get deleted if they were indirectly
competing against the commercial websites. People that had free resources
were deleted for violating rules while others who blatantly violated rules
were not deleted.

So when you talk about a very subjective website like Wikipedia; where every
day the content changes based on which editor felt like messing around in a
particular subject; I think it is an abomination to any serious scholarship.
Wikipedia dillutes the credibility of real reference resources, and
Wikipedia is pathetic.

Sam Sloan

Jul 6, 2006, 1:00:08 PM7/6/06

If you had ever seen anything written by my son Peter, you would know
that he cannot immitate me.

Peter is a very talented artist, however.

Sam Sloan

Sam Sloan

Jul 6, 2006, 1:28:14 PM7/6/06
I must admit that what follows below is a great forgery, a work of
art. If I did not know that I did not write it, I would probably have
thought that I did write it.

I happen to agree that there are very few people who are capable of
creating such a detailed forgery. Most forgeries by sams...@usa.com
are one paragraph long and contain a few obscenities, so anybody can
realize that this is a forgery even without realizing or being warned
of possibly forgeries.

I thonk that the forger below wants to be caught, so that he can
obtain recognition for his work. The first names that come to mind are
Jim Eade and Tim Hanke. Both of them are good writers and are fully
capable of this forgery. Few other regular posters to this group are
capable of this.

Here is one paragraph that may provide us with clues as to who this
forger is. Perhaps the forger is following the book and movie, "The
DaVinci Code".

The forger writes:

">The above post is a forgery, and while I hate to have to admit it,
it is a convincing one. There are only six people who are capable of
such a good job and two of them are dead, one is in an asylum but is
not called Raymond Weinstein, one lives in a village near Geneva and
one in central California, which is almost the same thing. Which
leaves Eade, and one other."

So, who who are the six people?

The one who lives in a village near Geneva is clearly Edward Winter.
The one in central California might be Tom Dorsch, although I believe
that he no longer lives there. I do not know who the two who are dead
people are or who the one in an asylum is. Any suggestions? The "one
other" is probably Tim Hanke, because of what was written in the last
paragraph, which says:

">If anyone can help me on this, I would be appreciative. I
did wonder how long it would be before Hanke slunk back in. As a
reliable source I must keep anonymous wrote, what he does not know
could hurt you."

So, he is implying that Hanke is the forger. Of course, he is saying
that what I, the Real Sam Sloan, wrote, is a forgery, but anybody who
carefully studies the posting below will realize that it is a forgery.
Whomever did this, devoted a lot of time to it and therefore I believe
that it is the same person who wrote the "SlamStoan" spoofs some years
ago.

The Real Sam Sloan

On 5 Jul 2006 19:20:09 -0000, Sam Sloan <an...@comments.header> wrote:

> [...]
>ago when in fact I was at the World Open and was not participating
>(somebody saw me there and put the group right, and it wasn't Leko).
>
>This time he uses my presence at the Open to try to prove that I am not
>posting, in order to discredit my authentication with the twistycreek
>service. I thought everyone knew that there now is internet access at
>nickel and dime rates at the Open. What is available almost right across
>the street probably includes free net access while the baths are heating up
>or the girls are having a checkup.
>
>Where the forger slips up is in his mock indignation about Kayo and the
>pregnancy, which of course was news to him until he read my posting. I have
>never hidden information about my wives and children and have posted nude
>or other pictures of them on my website for many years. So why would I all
>of a sudden find it:

>>beyond the pale to say anything about my wife and minor children.

>I preannounced Sandra's arrival. So why should I find preannouncing her
>sibling distasteful? My websites and postings have been full of news about
>them. Including guestbooks of people laughing at Kayo's pidgin English,
>which is much better now, and how she looked back then.
>
>I don't use words like "beyond the pale" either, not in that way. People
>beyond the pale are probably Scandinavian or at least play the opening.
>
>Where the forger slipped up worse is that he is somehow giving the
>appearance of using my email @ishipress.com and my ISP verio, which means
>the DMCA can be used and he will eventually be tracked down by law
>enforcement when they are bothered. If I was not sure about this I wouldn't
>give him hints as I do about how to be a better forger.
>
>All this said, he did a competent job above, and probably therefore never
>worked for the USCF and can't be Bill Brock. I will set up a webpage about
>this matter. I wonder if he knows about Nuristan or the ways of the
>Chitrali? I have webpages to help, a book on speaking Khowar and one on the
>way on Pashtu.
>
>If you can't tell the real me from the forgers (not the @usa.com and gmail
>ones, they are obvious), please look at the message detail. If it doesn't
>have twistycreek in the i.d., it isn't from me. I wonder if he can forge
>these too, in which case I will have to think of something else until he is
>rounded up, and get a refund from twistycreek. Since it is unlikely there
>is more than one persistent forger, I can assume that the forger @usa.com
>is the same person as the DMCA-forger @ishipress.com, just writing in
>different ways.
>
>If anyone can help me on this, I would be appreciative. I did wonder how
>long it would be before Hanke slunk back in. As a reliable source I must
>keep anonymous wrote, what he does not know could hurt you.
>
>Now I must satisfy Kayo's needs. While with Sandra her needs were for
>pizzas with strange toppings. This time it is better.

Mike Nolan

Jul 6, 2006, 2:00:53 PM7/6/06
sl...@ishipress.com (Sam Sloan) writes:

>I happen to agree that there are very few people who are capable of
>creating such a detailed forgery.

There are tens of thousands of geeks with the technical skills to forge
USENET posts and still dozens of open USENET portals, even though USENET
is slowly dying. (I'm told the Univerity of Indiana is shutting down
their USENET news site this summer.) It wouldn't surprise me if the
hacker nets have a forger's toolkit to do it with.

The annual Faulkner and Hemingway write-alike contests draw thousands
of entrants, I suspect it takes far more skill to emulate those writers.
The Bulwer-Lytton contest also draws quite a few entrants, proving that
anyone can write spectacularly bad, though Bulwer-Lytton's works aren't
nearly as bad as his reputation suggests.

The better question is why anyone would bother.
--
Mike Nolan

Barnabas Collins

Jul 6, 2006, 2:43:32 PM7/6/06
On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 17:28:14 GMT, sl...@ishipress.com (Sam Sloan)
wrote:

>I must admit that what follows below is a great forgery, a work of
>art. If I did not know that I did not write it, I would probably have
>thought that I did write it.

There is one lesson i've learned from this entire issue. Never ever
conisder joining USCF. Sounds like a questionable organization.

I've have no idea who is right in this issue, but one thing is
crystal clear: I don't really care. Rather than bother with
this organization, i'll stick with my current chess games and concrate
on those.

The organization sounds worse than useless.

Besides considering how bad I am at chess i'm probably not worthy
of a chess group.

Louis Blair

Jul 7, 2006, 1:00:44 AM7/7/06
_

I wrote (5 Jul 2006 17:43:20 -0700):
> One way to get a view of what Sam Sloan is like is to look at
> the experience that people have had at Wikipedia:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Chess_Life
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Tom_Dorsch
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Requests_for_arbitration&diff=39178616&oldid=39171201
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia%3ADeletion_review&diff=43217170&oldid=43215421
> ...> ...
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia%3ARequests_for_arbitration&diff=45444953&oldid=45399095
_
Snipping ALL of the links I provided,
Sol wrote (Thu, 06 Jul 2006 01:59:15 GMT):
> ... Check the listings for Wiki editors and then visit their personal

> pages. Every single one of the Wiki editors has dozens of complaints
> from various people that they have screwed over arbitrarily. ...
_
I posted (5 Jul 2006 19:25:09 -0700)
a jr quote:

_

Sol wrote (Thu, 06 Jul 2006 02:45:25 GMT):
> And those guys are running an encyclopedia? What a joke.

_
The jr quote is not from Wikipedia. It is a quote from someone here
who has been promoting the election of Sam Sloan.

matthew

Jul 8, 2006, 3:31:14 AM7/8/06
Can we wrap up this latest edition of "To tell the truth" right away?
OK. Kitty Carlisle wants to know what color socks you were wearing on
the 5th day of the World Open, business man's schedule, in 1999.
The guy with the same cheesy look as the short-order cook that didn't
get tipped wants to know when you last checked the oil in your cab.
Jerry Hankin would like to know how you spell perestroika. And,
finally, the maitre d' at the Adam's Mark needs to know how many
shiilings in a pound. Good luck contestants.

Now, ladies and gentlemen, will the real Sam Sloan please stand up!

Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (Wlod)

Jul 9, 2006, 3:28:38 AM7/9/06

Matt Nemmers wrote another IQ-less post:

> SOLUTION: Stop posting on Usenet. This will eventually stop the
> forgers and will let everyone breathe a sigh of relief that you're
> finally gone for good.

Speak for yourstupidself, Matt, not for "everyone".

Wlod

Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (Wlod)

Jul 9, 2006, 3:37:23 AM7/9/06
Sol wrote:

> "Louis Blair":
> > One way to get a view of what
> > Sam Sloan is like is to look at
> > the experience that people have had at Wikipedia:

> > [...]

> the editors at Wikipedia are a bunch
> of egomaniacal assholes. They do their
> job for free and to exert their influence over others.

Sam Sloan's Wikipedia activity is disgusting!

> Wikipedia is a joke, and garbage. It is facts created by mob rule.

To give a useful institution like Wikipedia a chance
it is necessary to keep the likes of Sam Sloan as far
away from it as possible.

Wlod

samsloan

Jul 9, 2006, 8:41:14 AM7/9/06
Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (Wlod) wrote:

> Sam Sloan's Wikipedia activity is disgusting!
>

> To give a useful institution like Wikipedia a chance
> it is necessary to keep the likes of Sam Sloan as far
> away from it as possible.
>
> Wlod

Kindly explain your statement. I posted about 100 biographies of chess
players to Wikipedia. All of the people that I wrote biographies of are
thankful to me for doing this.

Then a few of my regular critics here started going over to Wikipedia
and attacking me there. Principal among these were Louis Blair, Paul
Rubin, Ralf Callenberg, Neil Bernnen and Bill Brock.

Because of their constant attacks, they succeeded in getting several of
my biographies of chess players deleted.

For example, I posted the campaign biographies of all of the members of
Bessel Kok's team that was running for FIDE election.

Because of the efforts principally of Paul Rubin and Ralf Callenberg,
the biographies of the candidates for FIDE Election were repeatedly
deleted.

This helped get Kirsan Ilyumzhinov re-elected as President of FIDE,
especially since Ralf Callenberg kept deleting all of the well known
negative facts about Kirsan Ilyumzhinov.

In all this time, I did not see you, Wlod, over there.

Kindly explain why you think that my posting of chess biographies on
Wikipedia was "disgusting".

Sam Sloan

Spam...@yahoo.com

Jul 9, 2006, 1:24:27 PM7/9/06

samsloan wrote:

> Then a few of my regular critics here started going over to Wikipedia
> and attacking me there. Principal among these were Louis Blair, Paul
> Rubin, Ralf Callenberg, Neil Bernnen and Bill Brock.

"Neil Bernnen?" Even Innes can spell better, it seems.

"Kindly explain" how I attacked you at Wikipedia. I remember responding
to one of your false claims I was another poster. Aside from
corrections to your sloppy Whitaker article, I've not been active on
the site.

Also, "kindly explain" your falsehood that I was banned from Wikipedia.

Message has been deleted

Chess One

Jul 9, 2006, 2:03:47 PM7/9/06

<Spam...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> samsloan wrote:
>>
>> Then a few of my regular critics here started going over to Wikipedia
>> and attacking me there. Principal among these were Louis Blair, Paul
>> Rubin, Ralf Callenberg, Neil Bernnen and Bill Brock.
>
> "Neil Bernnen?"

A traditional misspelling for those can't write their own names and pose as
others - since they are posessed by fear and shame. Nil Brnnun is such a
one! He is lately joined by Greg Kynnydy another American now writing anon,
who writes non-stop about how other people with actual names can't claim
their own life experiences to be true - as if these guys had any courage at
all to speak their own truth, and own it!

The guys find everything outside their own oevre amusing in the circle-jerk
ward.

Their usual response is not to deny what anyone did, but the cheater ask for
proofs and explanations of their own cheating - as if we are to understand
that this is something that would be resolved if they were caught.

Its not necessary to agree or like any poster here. But we all write as well
as they can - and if this can be incremented by other's knowledge, so be it!
But to deny other people's experience and coyly lie about it by suppressing
the truth, is not only despicable, illegal, but so obvious too!

Phil Innes

Louis Blair

Jul 9, 2006, 8:40:06 PM7/9/06
samsloan (samh...@gmail.com)
wrote (9 Jul 2006 05:41:14 -0700):

> ... I posted about 100 biographies of chess players to Wikipedia.

> All of the people that I wrote biographies of are thankful to me

> for doing this. ...

_
Edward Winter?

_
samsloan (samh...@gmail.com)
wrote (9 Jul 2006 05:41:14 -0700):

> ... I posted the campaign biographies of all of the members of

> Bessel Kok's team that was running for FIDE election.

>_

> Because of the efforts principally of Paul Rubin and Ralf Callenberg,
> the biographies of the candidates for FIDE Election were repeatedly
> deleted.

_
"... Sloan recently took it on himself to campaign for Bessel
Kok's slate of candidates in the upcoming FIDE election

(http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.chess.politics/msg/14c509552b9798be).
He put a biography of Panupand Vijjuprabha (one of Kok's team) on
Wikipedia, that was an obvious campaign piece that included stuff
like Vijjuprabha's phone number. I felt this was non-notable so I
made an AfD nomination to get community opinion

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Panupand_Vijjuprabha).
I then noticed the article was pasted verbatim from Kok's group's
web site

(http://www.rightmove06.org/index.php?set_language=en&cccpage=articleview&set_z_articles=62)
without attribution, so I noted that (and gave the link) in the AfD.
The bio was speedied as a copyvio a few minutes later.
_
... Sloan copied several more bios from the same source over the next
hour. I entered SD requests for these, giving the source links

(http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Speedy_deletions&oldid=44761556#Deletion_of_Articles).
These too were speedied (Ali Nihat Yazici, Julio C=C3=A9sar Ingolotti,
and Geoffrey Borg). I also briefly put up a SD request for Bessel Kok
(mentioning his higher notability), but I then saw that Kok's bio
contained a mixture of copied and non-copied material, so I took
down my SD request and edited out the copied material. Except for
Kok and Yazici, these people are non-notable (a few hundred
Google hits at most). ..." - Paul Rubin (05:41, 21 March 2006 (UTC))
_
"... I commend to Sam Sloan the following:
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:NOT#Wikipedia_is_not_a_soapbox).
I do not believe I am alone in seeing strong evidence of Sam Sloan
extending to his Wikipedia contributions the strong agenda he has
outside of Wikipedia. The solution is not for those who disagree with
Sloan to stop editing, it's for Sloan to stop adding tendentious
content. And Sam, sometimes when everybody tells you that you
are wrong, it's because you are wrong." - Just zis Guy you know?
(10:18, 21 March 2006 (UTC))

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia%3ARequests_for_arbitration&diff=45444953&oldid=45399095

Message has been deleted

Randy Bauer

Jul 9, 2006, 9:12:30 PM7/9/06

"samsloan" <samh...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (Wlod) wrote:
>
>> Sam Sloan's Wikipedia activity is disgusting!
>>
>> To give a useful institution like Wikipedia a chance
>> it is necessary to keep the likes of Sam Sloan as far
>> away from it as possible.
>>
>> Wlod
>
> Kindly explain your statement. I posted about 100 biographies of chess
> players to Wikipedia. All of the people that I wrote biographies of are
> thankful to me for doing this.
\
Typical Sloan bullshit. I'm sure that Tom Dorsch is one of the "all of the
people" who is thankful for Sloan "doing this." Sloan's portrayal of Dorsch
wouldn't, in anybody else but Sloan's deranged mind, be seen as positive
toward Tom.

Randy Bauer

samsloan

Jul 9, 2006, 9:23:30 PM7/9/06
Randy Bauer wrote:

> Typical Sloan bullshit. I'm sure that Tom Dorsch is one of the "all of the
> people" who is thankful for Sloan "doing this." Sloan's portrayal of Dorsch
> wouldn't, in anybody else but Sloan's deranged mind, be seen as positive
> toward Tom.
>
> Randy Bauer

Why not? Dorsch sends me emails several times a week and he has never
complained about my biography of him on Wikipedia.

If he did not like it, he could easily have had one of his friends
modify it to his satisfaction.

Instead, it was deleted based in part on your input and his chance for
15 minutes of fame was lost.

Sam Sloan

Message has been deleted

Louis Blair

Jul 9, 2006, 9:47:01 PM7/9/06

wrote (9 Jul 2006 05:41:14 -0700):

> Kindly explain why you think that my posting of chess biographies
> on Wikipedia was "disgusting".

_
I, of course, can not speak for Wlodzimierz Holsztynski, but
I might be able to provide some useful information. Here is the
first time that I saw Wlodzimierz Holsztynski express disapproval
of Sam Sloan's Wikipedia activity:
_
"[Sam Sloan's] idiotic text about Edward Winter,
... should be disregarded immediately, offhand,
without wasting time." - Wlodzimierz Holsztynski
(6 Mar 2006 03:34:25 -0800)
_
Some sample ridiculous statements from the Sam Sloan text
(posted here, Fri, 03 Mar 2006 16:46:37 GMT):
_
(1) "For the past more than 30 years, every time a new book
by Keene has come out or a new article by Keene has been
published, Edward Winter has written articles attacking it."
_
(2) "Kingston is from the same part of England that Winter is
believed to be from."
_
(3) "Edward Winter filed an ethics complaint with the FIDE
Congress accusing Keene of unethical conduct in writing
books almost exclusively about opening theory, whereas
Winter said there should be more books about chess history."
_
(4) "Keene's opponent was Florencio Campomanes who
Winter supported."
_
(5) "Chess Notes ... contains brief commentaries usually not
more than one or two paragraphs in length attacking usually
insignificant errors and spelling mistakes made by this or that
chess writer."
_
(6) "If a book by Keene contains a spelling mistake, Chess
Notes will point it out."
_
"Wow, I didn't know that ... San Diego, California
(where I was born and lived until 1980) [is] part of
England." - Taylor Kingston (3 Mar 2006
11:25:28 -0800)
_
http://www.chesshistory.com/

Louis Blair

Jul 9, 2006, 10:24:15 PM7/9/06

samsloan

Jul 9, 2006, 10:42:49 PM7/9/06

Thank you for providing a list of quotes of statements I have made in
years past.

Now that you have done this, kindly explain which, if any, of these
statements you believe to be untrue and, if so, why?

Please provide any evidence you have that any of these statements are
untrue.

For example, if you believe that Raymond Keene has ever written a book
that was not attacked by Edward Winter, please provide the name of the
book.

Finally, kindly inform us of whether or not you are a personal witness
to the events that you are disputing and, if not, provide the names of
the witnesses upon which you are relying.

Sam Sloan

Randy Bauer

Jul 9, 2006, 11:02:47 PM7/9/06

"Blind Frank" <blind...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "samsloan" <it was deleted based in part on your input and his chance for

>> 15 minutes of fame was lost.
>>

> Too bad that none of the blowhards that bitch about you ever do anything
> positive themselves.

Get a room.

Message has been deleted

Louis Blair

Jul 9, 2006, 11:50:47 PM7/9/06

wrote (9 Jul 2006 19:42:49 -0700):

> Thank you for providing a list of quotes of statements I have made
> in years past.

>_

> Now that you have done this, kindly explain which, if any, of these
> statements you believe to be untrue and, if so, why?

>_

> Please provide any evidence you have that any of these statements
> are untrue.

>_

> For example, if you believe that Raymond Keene has ever written
> a book that was not attacked by Edward Winter, please provide the
> name of the book.

>_

> Finally, kindly inform us of whether or not you are a personal witness
> to the events that you are disputing and, if not, provide the names of
> the witnesses upon which you are relying.

_
Sam Sloan seems to have failed to keep in mind how Wikipedia
works. As a reminder:
_
"Even if Sam Sloan were the authority he takes himself
to be, that would cut no special ice on Wikipedia.
Unsourced gossip being cut is a good thing, as Sam
should note well." - Charles Matthews
(18:03, 21 March 2006 (UTC))
_
In my 9 Jul 2006 18:47:01 -0700 note (reproduced above), I provided
a link to Chess Notes so that people can get an idea about some
of these matters.

Dane

Jul 9, 2006, 11:51:14 PM7/9/06

"Randy Bauer" <randyba...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Can't take the heat, eh? Interesting.

michael adams

Jul 10, 2006, 12:15:34 AM7/10/06
***
Gruppen!

Somewhere in the ether moi 'antenna' detected a serious "push" by wowser
authoritarians to close-down ALL & any freely expressed _usenet_ views &
opinions. Does anyone here know the facts surrounding such a rumour ( is
such an outrage POSSIBLE for exams. )?. Thankyou so much for your time &
consideration - gruppe..

michael adams

Jul 10, 2006, 12:46:11 AM7/10/06
By way of an addendum - Innes & Kingston are called to the fore to
pronounce their 'puter language expertise on the preceding matter. I'm
sorry 'chaps' _but_ some of us don't have all day to stuff around. Well?
any truth or possibility to said rumour?..

Louis Blair

Jul 10, 2006, 1:34:50 AM7/10/06
I wrote (9 Jul 2006 18:47:01 -0700):

_

Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com)

wrote (9 Jul 2006 19:42:49 -0700):

> Thank you for providing a list of quotes of statements I have made
> in years past.

>_

> Now that you have done this, kindly explain which, if any, of these
> statements you believe to be untrue and, if so, why?

>_

> Please provide any evidence you have that any of these statements
> are untrue.

>_

> For example, if you believe that Raymond Keene has ever written
> a book that was not attacked by Edward Winter, please provide the
> name of the book.

>_

> Finally, kindly inform us of whether or not you are a personal witness
> to the events that you are disputing and, if not, provide the names of
> the witnesses upon which you are relying.

_

Sam Sloan seems to have failed to keep in mind how Wikipedia
works. As a reminder:
_
"Even if Sam Sloan were the authority he takes himself
to be, that would cut no special ice on Wikipedia.
Unsourced gossip being cut is a good thing, as Sam
should note well." - Charles Matthews
(18:03, 21 March 2006 (UTC))
_

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia%3ARequests_for_arbitration&diff=45444953&oldid=45399095
_
_
"... Please read the content at the following links very
carefully:
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Verifiability
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Cite_your_sources
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Reliable_sources
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Neutral_point_of_view
_
... Until you can prove all of these claims, they have no
business being in the article. Wikipedia is not a forum for you
to write articles chock full of your own opinions, speculations,
and rants. ..." - Howard Cheng (22:30, 3 March 2006 (UTC))
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Edward_G._Winter

_
In my 9 Jul 2006 18:47:01 -0700 note (reproduced above), I provided
a link to Chess Notes so that people can get an idea about some

of these matters (especially, "(5)").

Sam Sloan

Jul 10, 2006, 5:30:22 AM7/10/06
On 9 Jul 2006 17:40:06 -0700, "Louis Blair" <lb...@blackburn.edu>
wrote:

The above quotes are perfect examples of how Louis Blair, Ralf
Callenberg and Paul Rubin interfered in the FIDE Election in Turin,
Italy and helped get Kirsan Ilyumzhinov re-elected.

Perhaps Kirsan should award his traditional bribe of a Rolex Watch to
those such as Louis Blair, Paul Rubin and Ralf Callenberg who use
underhanded means to help get him elected.

Sam Sloan

Sam Sloan

Jul 10, 2006, 5:57:18 AM7/10/06
On 9 Jul 2006 22:34:50 -0700, "Louis Blair" <lb...@blackburn.edu>
wrote:

> "... Please read the content at the following links very
>carefully:
>_
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Verifiability
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Cite_your_sources
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Reliable_sources
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Neutral_point_of_view
>_
> ... Until you can prove all of these claims, they have no
> business being in the article. Wikipedia is not a forum for you
> to write articles chock full of your own opinions, speculations,
> and rants. ..." - Howard Cheng (22:30, 3 March 2006 (UTC))
>_
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Edward_G._Winter
>_
>In my 9 Jul 2006 18:47:01 -0700 note (reproduced above), I provided
>a link to Chess Notes so that people can get an idea about some
>of these matters (especially, "(5)").

Good. Thank you Louis Blair for providing proof that you are full of
it.

First, look at the pages about Verifiability on Wikipedia that you
cite above. One of them states:

"If you are familiar with the subject matter, please check for
inaccuracies and modify as needed, citing sources."

That means that to change the content of one of my pages YOU need to
cite sources. Neither you nor Howard Cheng have the authority under
Wikipedia rules to massively delete and vandalize anything I write
unless you are familiar with the subject matter.

Howard Cheng admitted in his postings that he has played only one game
of chess in his life and knows nothing of the subject matter.
Therefore, he did not have the right to remove my content.

Now, going to the page you cite above, it says:

Attention Sam Sloan

Like I asked you previously on Talk:Chess Life, please cite your
sources. Some examples:

* "In a radio broadcast from the Philippines in 2003, Bobby
Fischer expressed the opinion that Edward Winter does not exist."
What's the date of the broadcast? What station? Where can one read a
transcript?
* "However, one reviewer notes: 'His attention to the most
insignificant detail is more than apparent. . . . '" Who said this?
Where and when was it published?
* "ChessCafe' and Hanon Russell Enterprises stopped publishing
anything by Winter and apparently removed the book reviews by Winter
from the archives." Where is this documented?
* "New In Chess magazine had carried Chess Notes, subject to the
strict condition that Winter not say anything about Keene." Where is
this claim published? Is it in the magazine? What's the issue number,
the date, the pages?
* "Nowadays, no chess magazine in the world is willing to publish
Chess Notes." Where is this documented?

Obviously, Howard Cheng, who wrote the above words, has no knowledge
of this subject, as he himself admits. However, you, Louis Blair, seem
to have some knowledge about chess.

Are you disputing any of the above factual statements?

For example, do you dispute the fact that "* "In a radio broadcast
from the Philippines in 2003, Bobby Fischer expressed the opinion that
Edward Winter does not exist."

If you are disputing that, then obviously you have not played the
tapes, which are available on Bobby Fischer's own website. Why bother
us with your own nonsense if you are not willing to do basic research?

Are you disputing the fact that " * "However, one reviewer notes:
'His attention to the most insignificant detail is more than apparent.
. . . ' If so, why not dop a two second Google search, and you will
find this quote? If you are not willing to spend two seconds, why do
you waste our time by making us read your lengthy crap.

Next item: " * "ChessCafe' and Hanon Russell Enterprises stopped
publishing anything by Winter and apparently removed the book reviews
by Winter from the archives." Where is this documented?" Where is this
documented? Are you blind, dumb or both? Go look at chesscafe.com and
see for yourself.

And so on.

Why do you have this irksome habit of providing long lists of quotes
of others without providing anything original yourselt?

Sam Sloan

Louis Blair

Jul 10, 2006, 7:12:01 AM7/10/06
Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com)

_
I wrote (9 Jul 2006 17:40:06 -0700):
> Edward Winter?

_
Sam Sloan apparently does not want to discuss the notion of
Edward Winter supposedly being thankful to Sam Sloan.

_
Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com)

wrote (9 Jul 2006 05:41:14 -0700):
> ... I posted the campaign biographies of all of the members of
> Bessel Kok's team that was running for FIDE election.
>_
> Because of the efforts principally of Paul Rubin and Ralf Callenberg,
> the biographies of the candidates for FIDE Election were repeatedly
> deleted.
_

I reproduced (9 Jul 2006 17:40:06 -0700)
some Wikipedia quotes:

Sam Sloan (sl...@ishipress.com)

wrote (Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:30:22 GMT):
> The above quotes are perfect examples of how Louis Blair,
> Ralf Callenberg and Paul Rubin interfered in the FIDE
> Election in Turin, Italy and helped get Kirsan Ilyumzhinov
> re-elected.

>_

> Perhaps Kirsan should award his traditional bribe of a Rolex Watch to
> those such as Louis Blair, Paul Rubin and Ralf Callenberg who use
> underhanded means to help get him elected.

_
The ONLY quote of me up there is: "Edward Winter?"
_
Sam Sloan does not explain what is "underhanded" about it. Nor
does he explain how a note, posted after the election, could have

Blind Frank

Jul 10, 2006, 8:07:34 AM7/10/06
"Sam Sloan" <> Perhaps Kirsan should award his traditional bribe of a Rolex

Watch to those such as Louis Blair, Paul Rubin and Ralf Callenberg who use
underhanded means to help get him elected.>

If he's handing out watches, then I hope he will recognize my contribution,
whatever it was.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Skeptic

Jul 10, 2006, 9:35:30 AM7/10/06

Sam Sloan wrote:

> If you had ever seen anything written by my son Peter, you would know
> that he cannot immitate me.

Thank God.

Louis Blair

Jul 10, 2006, 10:01:54 AM7/10/06
_

_

Sam Sloan (sl...@ishipress.com)

wrote (Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:57:18 GMT):

> ... look at the pages about Verifiability on Wikipedia that you

> cite above. One of them states:

>_

> "If you are familiar with the subject matter, please check for
> inaccuracies and modify as needed, citing sources."

>_

> That means that to change the content of one of my pages YOU
> need to cite sources. Neither you nor Howard Cheng have the
> authority under Wikipedia rules to massively delete and vandalize
> anything I write unless you are familiar with the subject matter.

_
Here is what I find at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Verifiability :
_
"Editors adding new material to an article should cite
a reputable source, or it may be removed by any editor."
_
"The obligation to provide a reputable source lies with
the editors wishing to include the material, not on those
seeking to remove it."
_
"Remove unsourced material about living persons
immediately if it could be viewed as criticism"

_
Sam Sloan (sl...@ishipress.com)

wrote (Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:57:18 GMT):

> ... Now, going to the page you cite above, it says:
>_
> Attention Sam Sloan
>_

> Like I asked you previously on Talk:Chess Life, please cite your

> sources. Some examples: ...

_
At this time, I have no interest in the examples from that page.
I mentioned the page because of the PRINCIPLE that was
indicated there:

_
"... Until you can prove all of these claims, they have no
business being in the article. Wikipedia is not a forum for you
to write articles chock full of your own opinions, speculations,
and rants. ..." - Howard Cheng (22:30, 3 March 2006 (UTC))

_

Sam Sloan (sl...@ishipress.com)

wrote (Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:57:18 GMT):

> Are you disputing ...

_
Sam Sloan should see my 9 Jul 2006 18:47:01 -0700 note
(partially reproduced at the beginning above) for a list of the
six items that I am currently concerned about.

_
Sam Sloan (sl...@ishipress.com)

wrote (Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:57:18 GMT):

> Why do you have this irksome habit of providing long lists of
> quotes of others without providing anything original yourselt?

_
I provided the Charles Matthews and Howard Cheng quotes
as a reminder of how Wikipedia works. I saw no need for any
additional words from me on that subject.

michael adams

Jul 10, 2006, 12:25:15 PM7/10/06

Good point 'skeptic' I don't see Sloan as any E. Munch or such, not even
a E. A. Poe. What a shame! He does try so hard with his self-notary.
Maybe the flaw is his indubital money-counting sophistication..

Louis Blair

Jul 10, 2006, 9:09:06 PM7/10/06
Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com)
_

I wrote (9 Jul 2006 17:40:06 -0700):
> Edward Winter?
_
_
Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com)

Blind Frank wrote (Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:08:53 GMT):

> Even though you only wrote a note after the election, it was your
> attitude before the election that swung the crucial votes.

_
I assume/hope that Blind Frank is joking. Still, it should be
remembered that Sam Sloan did not merely claim that I "helped"
Kirsan. He wrote that I "[used] underhanded means" and
"interfered in the FIDE Election in Turin, Italy". Of course, no
specific pre-vote action by me was specified.

_
Referring to "most of those Wikipedia Editors",
Blind Frank wrote (Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:10:56 GMT):

> ... What a bunch of losers.

_
Losers or not, their stated intention is to enforce Wikipedia
rules - things like: (1) no copyright violation, (2) no original
research, (3) no unsourced criticism of living persons, and
(4) neutral point of view. There is no obligation for them to
set aside such rules in order to serve a political objective.
_
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:NOT#Wikipedia_is_not_a_soapbox
_
_
_
_
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
From: "Blind Frank" <blind...@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups:
rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal,alt.chess
Subject: Re: 16 Fake Sam Sloan messages posted while I was at the World
Open
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:08:53 GMT

"Louis Blair" <Nor does he explain how a note, posted after the

election,
could have
> "helped get Kirsan Ilyumzhinov re-elected.">

Even though you only wrote a note after the election, it was your
attitude
before the election that swung the crucial votes.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
_
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
From: "Blind Frank" <blind...@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups:
rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal,alt.chess
<44b21f4c....@ca.news.verio.net>
Open
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:10:56 GMT

"Sam Sloan" <> Obviously, Howard Cheng, who wrote the above words, has

no
knowledge of this subject, as he himself admits.>

Most of those Wikipedia Editors (all volunteer work-force for a
billion-dollar company) are handicapped, wheel-chair bound shut-ins who
can
spend all day at the Wikipedia website working for free so that the
stock-holders continue to reap millions in profits.

What a bunch of losers.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (wlod)

Jul 11, 2006, 4:17:05 AM7/11/06
samsloan wrote:

> Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (Wlod) wrote:
>
> > Sam Sloan's Wikipedia activity is disgusting!
> >

> > To give a useful institution like Wikipedia a chance
> > it is necessary to keep the likes of Sam Sloan as far
> > away from it as possible.
> >
> > Wlod
>

> Kindly explain your statement. I posted about 100 biographies of chess
> players to Wikipedia.

That's horrible!

> All of the people that I wrote biographies of are
> thankful to me for doing this.

You are lying again. And it's irrelevant anyway.

> Then a few of my regular critics here started going over to Wikipedia
> and attacking me there. Principal among these were Louis Blair, Paul
> Rubin, Ralf Callenberg, Neil Bernnen and Bill Brock.

I am grateful to them.

> Because of their constant attacks, they succeeded
> in getting several of my biographies of chess players deleted.

Since you have admitted to an attempt at posting
a HUNDRED bigraphies in wikiedia, it is only
right and logical that counter-actions were "constant",
and that "several" of your posts were deleted.
I wish, ALL of your attempts failed. Your accuracy,
objectivity and good-will standards are way below
journalistic, and even more so for making contributions
to an encyclopedia.

> For example, I posted the campaign biographies

> of all of the members of Bessel Kok's team that
> was running for FIDE election.

Wikipedia should not serve you as a political
stepping stone. Find other ways to serve your
potential political sponsors.

> Because of the efforts principally of Paul Rubin and Ralf Callenberg,
> the biographies of the candidates for FIDE Election were repeatedly
> deleted.

As I said, you have no business to touch wikipedia.

> This helped get Kirsan Ilyumzhinov re-elected as President of FIDE,
> especially since Ralf Callenberg kept deleting all of the well known
> negative facts about Kirsan Ilyumzhinov.

You are so full of yourself. The above statement is
the most idiotic statement which I have read in the
connection with the FIDE elections.

> In all this time, I did not see you, Wlod, over there.

Over where? I don't want to have anything to do with you.

> Kindly explain why you think that my posting of chess
> biographies on Wikipedia was "disgusting".
>

> Sam Sloan

Sam, I am not going to go over a hundred of your
bullshit stories. I'll choose one for a separate thread.
One spoon of soup gives a good idea about the
whole stinking bowl.

Stay away from wikipedia,

Wlod

samsloan

Jul 11, 2006, 8:01:05 AM7/11/06
Louis Blair wrote:

> I provided the Charles Matthews and Howard Cheng quotes
> as a reminder of how Wikipedia works. I saw no need for any
> additional words from me on that subject.

If you have nothing to do with your life but provide the quotes of
others, what are you doing here and why are you wasting our time?

We can go out and find those quotes ourselves.

Sam Sloan

samsloan

Jul 11, 2006, 8:23:13 AM7/11/06
Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (wlod) wrote:

> Since you have admitted to an attempt at posting
> a HUNDRED bigraphies in wikiedia, it is only
> right and logical that counter-actions were "constant",
> and that "several" of your posts were deleted.
> I wish, ALL of your attempts failed.

I did not "attempt" to post 100 chess biographies on Wikipedia. I did
post 100 chess biographies on Wikipedia. All but one of them is still
there.

I merely waited until Ralf Callenberg, Paul Rubin and Louis Blair were
not looking and reposted them.

I added a new biography yesterday and no I am not going to tell you
where it is for fear that they will vandalize it again.

Sam Sloan

Message has been deleted

Barnabas Collins

Jul 11, 2006, 1:49:32 PM7/11/06
On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 15:47:06 GMT, sl...@ishipress.com (Sam Sloan)
wrote:

>16 Fake Sam Sloan messages posted while I was at the World Open

Memo to self:
Don't even think of joining this chess organization. Instead spend
the money on a multi-player chess game for my pocket pc.

Louis Blair

Jul 11, 2006, 8:38:58 PM7/11/06

wrote (11 Jul 2006 05:01:05 -0700):

> If you have nothing to do with your life but provide the quotes of
> others, what are you doing here and why are you wasting our
> time?
>
> We can go out and find those quotes ourselves.

_
When Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com) (NNTP-Posting-Host:
68.199.110.255) writes about Wikipedia, it seems to me to be
worthwhile to make some information readily available to those
reading the thread.

Louis Blair

Jul 12, 2006, 7:35:05 AM7/12/06
samsloan (samh...@gmail.com)
wrote (9 Jul 2006 05:41:14 -0700):
_
7 ... I posted about 100 biographies of chess players to Wikipedia.
7 All of the people that I wrote biographies of are thankful to me
7 for doing this. ...
_
_
Jana Bellin?

samsloan

Jul 12, 2006, 8:36:37 AM7/12/06

Why do you assume that Jana Bellin is not thankful to me for posting
her biography on Wikipedia?

Do you know her?

You are imposing your morality on her. You probably think it is a bad
thing that she has been married to three famous chess masters.
Obviously, she does not think so. Otherwise, she would not have married
them. All of these marriages have been highly publicized, especially in
British Chass Magazine. At least she waited a decent interval,
sometimes as long as two or three weeks, between marriages. What is
wrong with that?

Do you think that it was wrong of me to mention that she is trying to
impose universal drug testing on all chess masters? She can resign her
position any time, and has not done so.

Sam Sloan

Louis Blair

Jul 12, 2006, 9:24:25 AM7/12/06
Sam Sloan (sl...@ishipress.com)
wrote (Wed, 21 Dec 2005 15:41:55 GMT):
7 ...
7 Jana Bellin (b. 1947 in Czechoslovakia) is a Woman
7 Grandmaster of chess.
7
7 She is best known for marrying chess grandmasters. First
7 she married Grandmaster Tony Miles. Then she married
7 William Hartston. Then she married Robert Bellin.
7
7 This information may not be up to date, as it is difficult to
7 keep up with recent developments.
7
7 She is a medical doctor and Chairman of the FIDE Medical
7 Commission, which supervises drug testing of chess players.
7 She has become controversial in FIDE, because many chess
7 grandmasters object to being tested for drugs, because it is
7 expensive and there is no history of drug abuse by chess
7 players, nor is there any evidence that drugs can improve
7 chess performance.
7 ...
_
Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com)

wrote (9 Jul 2006 05:41:14 -0700):
_
7 ... I posted about 100 biographies of chess players to Wikipedia.
7 All of the people that I wrote biographies of are thankful to me
7 for doing this. ...
_
I wrote (12 Jul 2006 04:35:05 -0700):
7 Jana Bellin?

_
Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com)

wrote (12 Jul 2006 05:36:37 -0700):

7 Why do you assume that Jana Bellin is not thankful to me for
7 posting her biography on Wikipedia?
7
7 Do you know her?

_
Sam Sloan is asking the wrong question. The appropriate
question is whether or not Sam Sloan knows her? HE is the
one making the assertion that Jana Bellin is thankful to Sam
Sloan. What exactly are his grounds for making this assertion?

_
Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com)

wrote (12 Jul 2006 05:36:37 -0700):

7 You are imposing your morality on her. You probably think it
7 is a bad thing that she has been married to three famous chess
7 masters. Obviously, she does not think so. Otherwise, she
7 would not have married them. All of these marriages have been
7 highly publicized, especially in British Chass Magazine. At
7 least she waited a decent interval, sometimes as long as two
7 or three weeks, between marriages. What is wrong with that?

_
Here, the issue isn't what is wrong with her activities. The issue
is whether or not she is thankful for the Sam Sloan style of
reporting.
_
"... This information may not be up to date, as it
is difficult to keep up with recent developments. ..."

_
Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com)

wrote (12 Jul 2006 05:36:37 -0700):

7 Do you think that it was wrong of me to mention that she is
7 trying to impose universal drug testing on all chess masters?
7 She can resign her position any time, and has not done so.

_
Again, here, the issue is whether or not she is thankful for the
Sam Sloan style of reporting.
_
By the way, how much longer is Sam Sloan going to duck the
question about whether or not Edward Winter is thankful to
Sam Sloan for his Wikipedia EW biography?

Message has been deleted

Louis Blair

Jul 22, 2006, 2:19:16 PM7/22/06
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
From: "samsloan" <samh...@gmail.com>
Newsgroups:
Date: 11 Jul 2006 05:23:13 -0700

Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (wlod) wrote:

Sam Sloan
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ringo

Jul 22, 2006, 8:16:09 PM7/22/06
Hey Stoopid Blair:

Where are you messages? You keep re-posting all these messages from other
people, and I have no idea if you are saying anything, since it is just a
jumble of old messages.

Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (wlod)

Jul 23, 2006, 5:35:44 PM7/23/06
samsloan wrote:

> Louis Blair wrote:
>
> > Jana Bellin?
>
> Why do you assume that Jana Bellin is not thankful to me for posting
> her biography on Wikipedia?
>
> Do you know her?

Sam Sloan, you have lied when you wrote that
all people you have written about, including Jana Bellin,
liked what you have done to them or even were grateful to you.

This is basically beside the point anyway.
An encyclopedia should not be used to
advertise yourself, to gain more notoriety,
to get any side advantages, including the
gratefulnes of the subjects.

You and your junk do not belong to encyclopedias.
You and your junk, and **your** notion of "notable"
belongs to the gossip mags, to the dirty magazines,
and that's all. For what you have written and ommitted
about Jana Bellin you should not be permitted to
mess any encyclopedia anymore. Stick to
dirty magazines and to USCF.

Wlod

samsloan

Jul 23, 2006, 5:44:32 PM7/23/06
Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (wlod) wrote:
> samsloan wrote:
> >
> > Louis Blair wrote:
> >
> > > Jana Bellin?
> >
> > Why do you assume that Jana Bellin is not thankful to me for posting
> > her biography on Wikipedia?
> >
> > Do you know her?
>
> Sam Sloan, you have lied when you wrote that
> all people you have written about, including Jana Bellin,
> liked what you have done to them or even were grateful to you.
>
> This is basically beside the point anyway.
> An encyclopedia should not be used to
> advertise yourself, to gain more notoriety,
> to get any side advantages, including the
> gratefulnes of the subjects.
>
> You and your junk do not belong to encyclopedias.
> You and your junk, and **your** notion of "notable"
> belongs to the gossip mags, to the dirty magazines,
> and that's all. For what you have written and ommitted
> about Jana Bellin you should not be permitted to
> mess any encyclopedia anymore. Stick to
> dirty magazines and to USCF.
>
> Wlod

There is absolutely nothing wrong with my biography of Jana Bellin
(which, incidentally, was modified by you on July 14). Here it is.
Please tell us what you think is wrong with it or why she would not be
happy about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jana_Bellin

Incidentally, I wrote a biography of Leroy Dubeck which may explain why
he supported me for election and got me elected.

Sam Sloan

Paul Rubin

Jul 23, 2006, 5:47:38 PM7/23/06
"samsloan" <samh...@gmail.com> writes:
> Incidentally, I wrote a biography of Leroy Dubeck which may explain why
> he supported me for election and got me elected.

Dubeck supported you? Is there any public record of that, i.e.
something written by Dubeck himself, or was it just behind the scenes?

samsloan

Jul 23, 2006, 6:31:32 PM7/23/06

Leroy Dubeck called a Special Meeting of the New Jersey State Chess
Association just to announce that he was supporting me for election to
the Executive Board and to recommend that the association endorse me
for election, which it did.

There was a lot of grumbling especially by Steve Doyle but they went
along with his recommendation.

I was as shocked as anybody when I learned about this.

If you will look at the numbers you will see that this what got me
elected and, of course, Dubeck has me in his hip pocket now.

Sam Sloan

ron_suar...@yahoo.com

Jul 23, 2006, 6:37:42 PM7/23/06

Well Sammy, maybe if Leroy can get his wife to launder his pants, the
slime and taint will be removed from them...

Ron Suarez

Paul Rubin

Jul 24, 2006, 3:49:14 AM7/24/06
"samsloan" <samh...@gmail.com> writes:
> Leroy Dubeck called a Special Meeting of the New Jersey State Chess
> Association just to announce that he was supporting me for election to
> the Executive Board and to recommend that the association endorse me
> for election, which it did.

I can't find anything about this at www.njscf.org, including in the
forum section. Was there an announcement of any kind? (Is something
really an endorsement if there's no announcement?)

Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (wlod)

Jul 24, 2006, 9:35:04 PM7/24/06
Into a short post Sam was able to embed
so much dishonesty that it would suffice for
a monograph.

samsloan wrote:

> There is absolutely nothing wrong with
> my biography of Jana Bellin

Your usage of "is" is already dishonest.
Only "was" applies to your version. Your
"is" suggests that your version somehow
is related in an essential way with your
version. This is completely FALSE. The
present version in its effect CONTRADICTS
what you have written and implied.
The fact that some words still remain
from the old version does not change
the fact that your usage of "is" is DISHONEST.

Your claim about "absolutely nothing wrong"
is thus extra dishonest. It is the dirty
politician method to repeat a convennient lie
over and over, over the facts and arguments
made the lie plainly seen to anybody, who
cares to follow the polemics. But a dirty
politician will repeat his lie anyway.

> (which, incidentally, was modified
> by you on July 14).

Your usage of "modified" is dishonest.
The meaning and impact and effect of the bio
has turned the full 180 degrees, from
yours which was demeaning to the one which
presents Jana Bellin with respect.

> Here it is. Please tell us what you
> think is wrong with it or why she
> would not be happy about it.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jana_Bellin

You are extremely dishonest, when you write
like this. The present bio, in its spirit, has
nothing to do with your version. I don't
see anythiung wrong witrh the present version,
and everything wrong with your DIRTY
original version (possibly the dirt was only
partially for your fun, while perhaps in your
dirty mind you were also trying to score some
political points).

> Incidentally, I wrote a biography of Leroy
> Dubeck which may explain why
> he supported me for election and got me elected.

This once again show how corrupted and dishonest
you are. Encyclopedias should be protected from
the slime creatures like you.

Wlod

samsloan

Jul 24, 2006, 10:08:31 PM7/24/06
I have no idea what you are referring to.

The biography of Jana Bellin as presently posted is virtually identical
to the original one I posted except that the order of her husbands is
changed and you added that she won the British Woman's Championship
several times.

If I had not posted her biography originally, there would be no
biography online now.

Sam Sloan

Pretz

Jul 24, 2006, 11:19:24 PM7/24/06
I think he is referring to this remark by you, Sam Sloan:

"She is best known for marrying chess grandmasters. First she married
Grandmaster Tomy Miles. Then she married William Hartson. Then she married
Robert Bellin"

samsloan

Jul 25, 2006, 6:17:44 AM7/25/06

The advantage to Wikipedia is that if there is an error anybody can
correct it.

In this case, I had the names of her husbands right. I just had the
order she married them wrong.

Wlod could have corrected this himself, but chose not to do so.

Instead Wlod wrote a long screed attacking me for simily naming her
husbands in the wrong order.

So, I corrected it, putting Hartson first, Miles second and Bellin
third.

Sam Sloan

michael adams

Jul 25, 2006, 7:35:55 AM7/25/06
Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (wlod) wrote:

> Into a short post Sam was able to embed
> so much dishonesty that it would suffice for
> a monograph.

Em! - give it a rest Wlod, you're outa y'er depth dipthong - ok?..

michael adams

Jul 25, 2006, 7:43:51 AM7/25/06

Dishonest Wlod Wankiski prosecutes his 'stain' - uh?..

Yutz

Jul 25, 2006, 7:54:32 AM7/25/06
"samsloan" <> In this case, I had the names of her husbands right. I just

had the
> order she married them wrong.

Your snide remark basically categorized the woman as some kind of Chess
Whore or groupie. If you can't understand how badly you fucked up, then I am
beginning to understand why so many people think that you are a first-class
asshole.

Sam Sloan

Jul 25, 2006, 1:52:12 PM7/25/06

The news about her frequent marriages to famous chess masters was
published in British Chess Magazine as they occurred, which is why
everybody else but you knows about it.

Sam Sloan

Yutz

Jul 25, 2006, 2:39:40 PM7/25/06
"Sam Sloan" <> The news about her frequent marriages to famous chess masters

was
> published in British Chess Magazine as they occurred, which is why
everybody else but you knows about it.>

Yes, but the snide, disrespectful remarks were your own creation. No doubt
she turned you down when you made your run at her.

michael adams

Jul 25, 2006, 11:29:39 PM7/25/06
Yutz wrote:

> "samsloan" <> In this case, I had the names of her husbands right. I j
.
> Your snide remark basically categorized the woman as some kind of Chess
> Whore or groupie. If you can't understand how badly you fucked up, then I am
> beginning to understand why so many people think that you are a first-class
> asshole.

What is it with you small-minded puritans 'n sex - uh? Don't answer that
it's a real drag hearing about your hangups. Witness Jase the Canadian
pervert wanking on for example. I for one would feel honoured to be
invited to a Sloan orgy & I've just heard a previous husband of Debbie
Reynolds (he has been married nine [9] times) collected $30 million
actually $15,000,000 after dues & tax from his recently deceased 'last'
& Deb's not seeing any of it either - shrugs..

Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (Wlod)

Jul 26, 2006, 4:28:06 AM7/26/06
michael adams wrote:

No, Mike, it is you who has a problem here.

Don't second guess anybody, in particular
anybody's attitude toward sex. If Sam was
happy with his Berkeley sex orgies, I am
happy for him (his other writings make me uneasy
but I am not any CIA/FBI to investigate, and
I am assuming Sam's innocence until anybody
will prove him guilty of any criminal sex offenses).

Neverhteless, REGARDLESS of anybody's
attitusde toward sex, Sam's original version of
the JB's bio was:

1. unjustified (Sam's text showed that he had NO REASON to post it,
i.e.
no good, objective reason; he has attempted to smear JB);
2. irresponsible;
3. unjust;
4.offensive and demeaning.

Point 4. is independent of the JB's own view on this
matter, ,which we do not need to know.

The related STREAM of Sam's LIES may be ok with you,
fine, but don't play a priest to me, stop your misplpaced
preaching.

See ya around, Mike,

Wlod

Louis Blair

Jul 26, 2006, 9:15:31 AM7/26/06
Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com)
wrote (24 Jul 2006 19:08:31 -0700):

7 ... The biography of Jana Bellin as presently posted is virtually
7 identical to the original one I posted except that the order of
7 her husbands is changed and you added that she won the
7 British Woman's Championship several times.

_
The "original":
_
"...

Jana Bellin (b. 1947 in Czechoslovakia) is a Woman

Grandmaster of chess.
_

She is best known for marrying chess grandmasters.

First she married Grandmaster Tony Miles. Then she
married William Hartston. Then she married Robert
Bellin.
_

This information may not be up to date, as it is difficult
to keep up with recent developments.

_

She is a medical doctor and Chairman of the FIDE

Medical Commission, which supervises drug testing
of chess players. She has become controversial in
FIDE, because many chess grandmasters object to
being tested for drugs, because it is expensive and
there is no history of drug abuse by chess players,

nor is there any evidence that drugs can improve

chess performance. ..." - Sam Sloan
(sl...@ishipress.com,

Wed, 21 Dec 2005 15:41:55 GMT)

_
_
The "presently posted" version is at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jana_Bellin

samsloan

Jul 26, 2006, 9:59:13 AM7/26/06
This post by Louis Blair is misleading, as his posts usually are,
because he merely posts the first draft of my biography of Jana Bellin.

It is important to point out that biographies on Wikipedia are not
intended to be the last word on any subject. They are intended to be
the first word and others are encouraged to come in and add additional
information.

Here is my first complete biography of Jana Bellin, before anybody else
edited it.

Jana Bellin
>From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Revision as of 15:35, 21 December 2005; Sam Sloan

Jana Bellin (b. 1947 in Czechoslovakia) is a Woman Grandmaster of
chess.

She is best known for marrying chess grandmasters. First she married

Grandmaster Tony Miles. Then she married William Hartston. Then she
married Robert Bellin.

This information may not be up to date, as it is difficult to keep up
with recent developments.

She is a medical doctor and Chairman of the FIDE Medical Commission,

which supervises drug testing of chess players. She has become
controversial in FIDE, because many chess grandmasters object to being
tested for drugs, because it is expensive and there is no history of
drug abuse by chess players, nor is there any evidence that drugs can
improve chess performance.

External links

* FIDE rating card for Jana Bellin

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jana_Bellin"

Categories: 1947 births | British chess players | Czech chess players |
Chess woman grandmasters

London Chess

Jul 26, 2006, 10:58:15 AM7/26/06
Hey asshole, she's not best known for marrying chess grandmasters.
You're a dick.

Cheers,
Tony

samsloan wrote:

> She is best known for marrying chess grandmasters. First she married
> Grandmaster Tony Miles. Then she married William Hartston. Then she
> married Robert Bellin.

Louis Blair

Jul 26, 2006, 11:14:12 AM7/26/06
Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com)
wrote (24 Jul 2006 19:08:31 -0700):
7 ... The biography of Jana Bellin as presently posted is virtually
7 identical to the original one I posted except that the order of
7 her husbands is changed and you added that she won the
7 British Woman's Championship several times.
_
I wrote (26 Jul 2006 06:15:31 -0700):
7 The "original":
7

7 "...
7 Jana Bellin (b. 1947 in Czechoslovakia) is a Woman
7 Grandmaster of chess.
7
7 She is best known for marrying chess grandmasters.
7 First she married Grandmaster Tony Miles. Then she
7 married William Hartston. Then she married Robert
7 Bellin.
7
7 This information may not be up to date, as it is difficult
7 to keep up with recent developments.
7
7 She is a medical doctor and Chairman of the FIDE
7 Medical Commission, which supervises drug testing
7 of chess players. She has become controversial in
7 FIDE, because many chess grandmasters object to
7 being tested for drugs, because it is expensive and
7 there is no history of drug abuse by chess players,
7 nor is there any evidence that drugs can improve
7 chess performance. ..." - Sam Sloan
7 (sl...@ishipress.com,
7 NNTP-Posting-Host: 68.199.110.255,
7 Wed, 21 Dec 2005 15:41:55 GMT)
7
7
7 The "presently posted" version is at:
7
7 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jana_Bellin

_

Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com)

wrote (26 Jul 2006 06:59:13 -0700):

7 This post by Louis Blair is misleading, as his posts usually
7 are, because he merely posts the first draft of my biography
7 of Jana Bellin.

_
As indicated, the source for my note was what Sam Sloan
(sl...@ishipress.com, NNTP-Posting-Host: 68.199.110.255)
himself chose to share with us on Wed, 21 Dec 2005
15:41:55 GMT.

_

Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com)

wrote (26 Jul 2006 06:59:13 -0700):

7 It is important to point out that biographies on Wikipedia are
7 not intended to be the last word on any subject. They are
7 intended to be the first word and others are encouraged to
7 come in and add additional information.

_
My previous note (like this one) contained, at the beginning,
the Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com, NNTP-Posting-Host:
68.199.110.255) comment about the revision that took place
between the "original" and the "presently posted" version.

_

Sam Sloan (samh...@gmail.com)

wrote (26 Jul 2006 06:59:13 -0700):

7 Here is my first complete biography of Jana Bellin, before
7 anybody else edited it.
7
7 Jana Bellin
7 >From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
7 Revision as of 15:35, 21 December 2005; Sam Sloan
[...]

7 External links
7
7 * FIDE rating card for Jana Bellin
7
7 Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jana_Bellin"
7
7 Categories: 1947 births | British chess players | Czech chess players

7 Chess woman grandmasters

_
I used "..." instead of the material beginning with "External
links" because the discussion here has been about "the
snide, disrespectful remarks". I reproduced what was
relevant to that discussion. What difference, if any, does
Sam Sloan see in the main text between his quote and
mine?