OT: Sorry, but O'Donnell is an airhead

BillB

Oct 14, 2010, 6:33:47 AM10/14/10
CNN televised her debate with Coons last night. Was this for news value, or
entertainment value? I suspect the latter.

Her opening statement was something strongly reminiscent of a speech for
student council president. At one point she ran her finger along the page as
she read, which was a little too close for comfort to having her statement
written on her hand. She came off to me as inexperienced and unpolished,
with a rather flimsy command of the facts, except those which were clearly
prepackaged for insertion, preferably but not necessarily at relevant
moments.

She implied, then later repeated, that the stimulus bill *cost* 2.5 million
jobs, which makes her an economic illiterate. She wants to "fight to have
the nation become debt-free." In the next breath she urges the
continuation of the Bush tax cuts, proving again she is an economic
illiterate. When pressed by Blitzer about where she would specifically
reduce spending (without resorting to just saying "by cutting fraud, waste
and abuse."), she came up with a couple of relatively insignificant cuts (if
making the nation debt-free is her goal), then resorted to saying she would
cut, what else, fraud, waste and abuse. She clearly has absolutely no
concept of the scale of the US's debt, or the cuts that would be required to
both cut taxes and "fight to make the nation debt-free."

When pressed for her views on evolution ("the voters want to know"), which
she had earlier labeled "a myth", she refused to answer, saying her views
are irrelevant. Are they? What is she ashamed of?

She stumbled badly when asked to name a recent Supreme Court decision with
which she disagreed. I thought that was a gotcha question on a couple of
levels (one being that she probably substantially agrees with most of the
high-profile decisions that have been coming out of the Roberts court, and
another that the moderator seemed to be demanding a case name on the spot,
which I think is unfair), but she botched it pretty badly, saying she'd look
into it and put the answer on her website (haha).

Coons is a boring, stiff bureaucrat type with all the personality and star
appeal of a sweater vest, but clearly better suited to any job requiring
rational thought.

popinjay999

Oct 14, 2010, 7:44:26 AM10/14/10
On Oct 14, 3:33 am, "BillB" <bo...@shaw1.ca> wrote:

> Coons is a boring, stiff bureaucrat type with all the personality and star
> appeal of a sweater vest, but clearly better suited to any job requiring
> rational thought.

For those who do not speak fluent Lib, I will translate this for you.
In other words, Christine O'Donnell KICKED ASS!

Dave the Clueless

Oct 14, 2010, 9:34:06 AM10/14/10

Your conclusions were determined before the debate aired. You have nothing
useful to say here. I am impressed by the sheer volume of words with which
you expressed your nothing though, so here's a silver star for your little
shirt.

________________________________________________________________________�
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com

popinjay999

Oct 14, 2010, 9:50:20 AM10/14/10
On Oct 14, 6:34 am, "Dave the Clueless" <fract...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Your conclusions were determined before the debate aired. You have nothing
> useful to say here. I am impressed by the sheer volume of words with which
> you expressed your nothing though, so here's a silver star for your little
> shirt.

How about one of these stars for his beret?

http://www.thechestore.com/prodimages/headwear/6000-large-Che-Guevara.jpg

Bob T.

Oct 14, 2010, 10:05:07 AM10/14/10
On Oct 14, 6:34 am, "Dave the Clueless" <fract...@comcast.net> wrote:

Dave's opinions, of course, were determined without watching the
debate at all!

- Bob T

> You have nothing
> useful to say here. I am impressed by the sheer volume of words with which
> you expressed your nothing though, so here's a silver star for your little shirt.

> * kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more..www.recgroups.com- Hide quoted text -

Patrick Karl

Oct 14, 2010, 10:19:37 AM10/14/10

Hang onto your day job, you suck at translation.

popinjay999

Oct 14, 2010, 11:18:55 AM10/14/10

I suck at my day job too.

Dave the Clueless

Oct 14, 2010, 12:19:22 PM10/14/10

Bob-tard, you need to re-check the tapes.

> > You have nothing
> > useful to say here. I am impressed by the sheer volume of words with which
> > you expressed your nothing though, so here's a silver star for your little
shirt.

-------�
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com

da pickle nospam

Oct 14, 2010, 12:06:59 PM10/14/10
On Oct 14, 3:33 am, "BillB" <bo...@shaw1.ca> wrote:

This is fairly irrelevant anyway. She has absolutely no chance of
winning. What will really be funny is if the Senate ends up 51/49 Dems
or even 50/50. In that case it will be totally the dumbass teabagger’s
fault that the Repugs didn’t take back the senate. This seat was a
guaranteed lock for the Repugs if they had put up any even slightly
reasonable candidate. Now it is lost.

Unfortunately the other totally crazy woman, Sharron Angle does have a
chance to defeat Harry Reid in Nevada because he’s very unpopular and
the far right is spending $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on negative TV ads. This
will be a close race. I hope Reid wins not because I like him but
because Sharron Angle has no business being a US senator.

Bob T.

Oct 14, 2010, 12:35:23 PM10/14/10
On Oct 14, 9:19 am, "Dave the Clueless" <fract...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Bob-tard, you need to re-check the tapes.

There's no hyphen in "Bobtard". Don't you know anything?

- Bob T

Travel A

Oct 14, 2010, 1:35:53 PM10/14/10
Well, BillB, it looks like it was Coons who is "inexperienced and
unpolished."

Had a feeling that weren't exctly being objective(chortle).

http://m.vuclip.com/w?cid=231644237&p=0&z=1109&n=15389&frm=w

Travel A

Oct 14, 2010, 2:03:17 PM10/14/10

Re: OT: Sorry, but O'Donnell is an airhead
Group: rec.gambling.poker
Date: Thu, Oct 14, 2010, 9:06am
From: da pickle nospam <jcpi...@hotmail.com>

"... Sharron Angle does have a chance to defeat Harry Reid in
Nevada..."

I wrote:
Oh! like you have any choice but to admit it. That's sooooo big of you
(titter).

It's difficault to tell the difference between you and Bobtard
(chortle).

Travel A

Oct 14, 2010, 2:07:44 PM10/14/10
http://m.vuclip.com/w?cid=231644238&p=0&z=1111&n=24204&frm=w

Christine's one of the best public speakers and debaters you'll ever
see.

Travel A

Oct 14, 2010, 2:19:24 PM10/14/10

BillB

Oct 14, 2010, 2:33:35 PM10/14/10

"da pickle nospam" <jcpi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>This is fairly irrelevant anyway. She has absolutely no chance of
>winning.

True, she's not going to win, which is why I questioned the news value, at
first. Now I'm going to back off that. I see now what CNN's producers were
getting at. It's relevant in that it illustrates just how dangerously
idiotic that 25% of the electorate is, and the type of people they really
want running the government of the United States of America. It's chilling.
Statesmen of every political persuasion are rolling in their graves.

Dave the Clueless

Oct 14, 2010, 3:59:09 PM10/14/10

And liberals of every level of idiocy are panicking in the streets. It is
fun watching an entire agenda die.

--------�

Clave

Oct 14, 2010, 6:43:23 PM10/14/10

"popinjay999" <paulpo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

If, by "kicked ass" you mean she didn't drool or shit herself on stage, then
I guess you're right.

A (only lightly fictionalized) synopsis of the debate:

WOLF: Do you believe in evolution?

O'DONNELL: What I believe is irrelevant, but schools should be
allowed to teach that creationism is equally valid.

WOLF: Can you please help me pick up my jaw that has just
dropped to the floor?

O'DONNELL: Well, Chris Coons is a Marxist. He said so himself!

COONS: What is this crazy teahadist talking about? I made a
sarcastic joke in an article for a student newspaper and now
she thinks I'm a Stalinist? What a lunatic!

O'DONNELL: But Glenn Beck told me that you were a Marxist
revolutionary with the Tides Foundation.

COONS: Yeah, okay. Try actually reading the article next time
and maybe you'd figure out you can't always trust the conspiracy
theories. I mean, you're so whacked out I bet you also believe
that when I went to Kenya I was the midwife during the birth of
Barack Obama.

O'DONNELLL: You were? What a stunning thing to say. I'm so glad
you can finally admit that. Hold on while I Twitter your
confession to Orly.

Jim

Clave

Oct 14, 2010, 6:44:14 PM10/14/10

"popinjay999" <paulpo...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

But you probably charge more for that kind.

Jim

Clave

Oct 14, 2010, 6:45:06 PM10/14/10

"Dave the Clueless" <frac...@comcast.net> wrote in message

<...>

> And liberals of every level of idiocy are panicking in the streets. It is
> fun watching an entire agenda die.

Where in the wide world of fuck do you *get* this pigshit?

Jim

K9way

Oct 14, 2010, 8:19:29 PM10/14/10
On Oct 14 2010 6:33 AM, BillB wrote:

her handling of the 'evolution question was fuckin priceless

_______________________________________________________________________�

da pickle nospam

Oct 14, 2010, 7:45:03 PM10/14/10
On Oct 14, 11:03 am, nine...@webtv.net (Travel A) wrote:
> Re: OT: Sorry, but O'Donnell is an airhead
> Group: rec.gambling.poker
> Date: Thu, Oct 14, 2010, 9:06am
> From: da pickle nospam <jcpick...@hotmail.com>

>  "... Sharron Angle does have a chance to defeat Harry Reid in
> Nevada..."
>
> I wrote:
>
> Oh! like you have any choice but to admit it. That's sooooo big of you
> (titter).
>
> It's difficault to tell the difference between you and Bobtard
> (chortle).

Well it's pretty much a dead heat right now which makes Reid pretty
damn happy since if the stupid-ass repugs had put up any decent
candidate he would have been toast with 100% certainty.

Well, I’m going to vote for good old Harry and I guess you’ll be
voting for crazy Sharron. Wait a minute, you can’t vote, you don’t
have a real computer. (chortle!)

risky biz

Patrick Karl

Oct 14, 2010, 8:14:10 PM10/14/10

LOL

Dave the Clueless

Oct 14, 2010, 9:45:56 PM10/14/10

Denial becomes you.

Clave

Oct 14, 2010, 9:09:34 PM10/14/10

> On Oct 14 2010 7:45 PM, Clave wrote:
>
>> "Dave the Clueless" <frac...@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> <...>
>>
>> > And liberals of every level of idiocy are panicking in the streets. It
>> > is
>> > fun watching an entire agenda die.
>>
>> Where in the wide world of fuck do you *get* this pigshit?
>>
>> Jim
>
> Denial becomes you.

Facts escape you.

Jim

risky biz

Oct 14, 2010, 11:07:34 PM10/14/10

My thoughts exactly. This is getting a little weird.

---�

risky biz

Oct 14, 2010, 11:11:19 PM10/14/10

Honestly, Travel, have you ever suffered an incident of dain bramage?

-----�

Travel A

Oct 14, 2010, 10:46:32 PM10/14/10
The Fake Pickel (who's Risky Biz) blithered:

Well it's pretty much a dead heat right now which makes Reid pretty damn
happy since if the stupid-ass repugs had put up any decent candidate he
would have been toast with 100% certainty.

I wrote:
If Sue Lowden won the primary, Reid would have spent his 19 million
lying equally about her in TV ads as he's doing against Sharron angle.

Sharron Angle's an excellent candidate in that she's right on all the
issues. That's why she's doing so well. In fact, one of the main reasons
that Sue Lowden lost to Sharon Angle is because Sue Lowden endorsed Reid
at one time (when he was an independent).

Of course, you wouldn't know any of this because you don't have a real
brain.

Travel A

Oct 14, 2010, 11:10:44 PM10/14/10
I can answer that question with a no. We already know that you haven't,
without asking, because you'd need a brain in the first place.

ramashiva

Oct 14, 2010, 11:40:36 PM10/14/10
On Oct 14, 3:33 am, "BillB" <bo...@shaw1.ca> wrote:

> CNN televised her debate with Coons last night.

So O'Donnell debated with Coons, eh?

If she loses the election, will the headline be --

"O'Donnell beaten by Coons"?

William Coleman (ramashiva)

bub

Oct 15, 2010, 3:31:18 AM10/15/10
On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 15:43:23 -0700, "Clave"
<claviusd...@cablespeed.com> wrote:

>WOLF: Do you believe in evolution?

"Jobless Claims, Inflation, Trade Deficit Each Surge Higher"

"September home foreclosures top 100,000 for first time"

"Thursday when the Labor Department said applications for unemployment
benefits rose by 13,000 to a seasonally adjusted 462,000 "

"Dollar fall sparks stability warnings"

"Dollar tanks, stocks drop as Bernanke speech looms"

yeah,"the voters want to know" about your view on evolution

way to go wolf..good job

Clave

Oct 15, 2010, 3:57:37 AM10/15/10

"bub" <b...@plottus.com> wrote in message

> On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 15:43:23 -0700, "Clave"
> <claviusd...@cablespeed.com> wrote:
>
>>WOLF: Do you believe in evolution?

<...>

> yeah,"the voters want to know" about your view on evolution
>
> way to go wolf..good job

What's wrong with starting things with a question that tells the voters if
she's batshit nuts or not?

Jim

Pepe Papon

Oct 15, 2010, 6:20:58 AM10/15/10

Yeah, why should voters care what our kids are taught in school?

Pepe Papon

Oct 15, 2010, 6:30:27 AM10/15/10
On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 20:11:19 -0700, "risky biz"
<risk...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On Oct 14 2010 11:35 AM, Travel A wrote:
>
>> Well, BillB, it looks like it was Coons who is "inexperienced and
>> unpolished."
>>
>> Had a feeling that weren't exctly being objective(chortle).
>>
>> http://m.vuclip.com/w?cid=231644237&p=0&z=1109&n=15389&frm=w
>
>Honestly, Travel, have you ever suffered an incident of dain bramage?

Does Travel think that video scores points *for* O'Donnell?

Travel A

Oct 15, 2010, 1:03:27 PM10/15/10
It obviously does. She nailed Coons to the desk with the "Marxist
Professor thing."

Does Poupon think the video scores points for Christine O'Donnell? Of
course he does. That's why Poupon is snark-quipping.

Deadmoney Walking

Oct 15, 2010, 5:44:41 PM10/15/10
On Oct 14, 11:33 am, "BillB" <bo...@shaw1.ca> wrote:
> "da pickle nospam" <jcpick...@hotmail.com> wrote in messagenews:2f02ea96-40ad-4284...@a19g2000vbi.googlegroups.com...

She trails by 9% in this poll which says the debate cut from a 19%
gap.

http://spectator.org/blog/2010/10/15/odonnell-gains-8-says-rasmusse

bub

Oct 15, 2010, 6:24:53 PM10/15/10
On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 03:20:58 -0700, Pepe Papon
<hitme...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>>yeah,"the voters want to know" about your view on evolution
>>
>>way to go wolf..good job
>
>Yeah, why should voters care what our kids are taught in school?

i didn't know the congress set lessons plans for schools.

although i'm sure they would like that power.

BillB

Oct 23, 2010, 8:04:15 PM10/23/10

"ramashiva" <ramas...@gmail.com> wrote in message

If she loses the election, will the headline be --

"O'Donnell beaten by Coons"?

Bill Maher stole your joke and used it on this week's Politically Correct.

Beldin the Sorcerer

Oct 24, 2010, 2:39:37 AM10/24/10

"BillB" <bo...@shaw1.ca> wrote in message

No, he didn't.