When did Johnny Moss die?

DrZero

Aug 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/8/00
Anyone know when and what the cause of death was?

RazzO

Aug 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/8/00
Johnny died around Christmas of 1995. He was 88.
He had a stroke that messed him up. he moved back to Texas, where he
died.
There was no services offered to the public here in Vegas by the family,
if I recall.
Johnny played $20-$40 at his home away from home until he died, Binion's
Horseshoe, in Las Vegas.
I spoke to Johnny for a long time during that years WSOP.

razzo

OKLAJOHNNY

Aug 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/8/00
Hi, I played with Johnny many years---He was fun and played well but at the
end he tried to give it all back--I guess we all do. He was inducted into "The
Seniors" hall of Fame for poker player in l995 and attended # l, # ll, and #
lll at Oceanside California So I think he went to the big game about l998. I
have some of his Senior Hall of Fame chips if anyone is interested also I write
about him in my book "Gentleman Gambler" if you won't more details. Stay
Lucky O.K.Johnny

OKLAJOHNNY

Aug 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/8/00
Hi, more over about Johnny--Old Poker Player never Die they just lose their
chips--But Johnny ran out of chips and died a few year to soon because he did
not like being on the rail and went on to the big game--I will play a few more
hands with him later I have a lot of friends up there so it will be a full
game--. Stay Lucky O.K.Johnny

Steve Brecher

Aug 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/8/00
Johnny Moss died on Saturday, Dec. 16, 1995.

Dan Chevrie

Aug 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/9/00

DrZero <drz...@email.com> wrote in message

> Anyone know when and what the cause of death was?

Johnny Moss died when they closed the Diamond Club. He couldn't live
without NYC poker.

RazzO

Aug 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/9/00
Johnny had plenty of money when he died. The only thing was that he
didn't control it.
He's beneficiaries did. They gave Johnny enough money to play Texas
hold'em at that limit, before he made his final return to Odessa.
He played for a few years, I think. It's my belief Jack gave him carte
blanche. Johnny, in my opinion, never paid for a meal or room(limo's).
Johnny was reputedly to have been a "live one" when he played his last
days. If this is close to the truth it is probably because Johnny lost
his ability to change gears and concepts to play small bet limit poker
with all the new "college guys" coming up. MHO.

A true legend. Johnny Moss!

razzo