Nicknames for hands

Francis Dupuis

May 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/17/99
I have been reading the thread about the origins of "Presto" ie 5-5 and
was wondering if there is a place on the internet where folks can find a
list of the various hand "nicknames" or perhaps some of you may want to
post some of the ones you know by way of a reply to this post.

Thanks!

Lovarush

Gary T Philips

May 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/17/99
How bout Joe Lewis and Visine. Two black eyes ( AA) is what you got when in
the ring with Joe. And two red eyes calls for some visine.

Gary Philips

Mike Nelson

May 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/18/99
I seen it as "San Francisco Busboy"

Benzai wrote in message <7hs1m0$olq$1...@news.ycc.yale.edu>...
>My favorite: The San Francisco Waiter
>
>A queen with a "tre" (3)
>
>br
>

>Bayat1999 wrote in message <19990518110451...@ng138.aol.com>...
>>A good one I heard was Siegfried and Roy for Pocket Queens
>>

>>Serge

Mike Nelson

May 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/18/99
I was trying to get a slang term in that I had coined. Maybe it'll work from
here.

It's when you,ve been Niked (pronounced Nigh Keyed). It whenever someone
goes runner runner to beat you.

What do y'all think?

Regards
Mike N.

Ken Churilla

May 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/18/99
On Mon, 17 May 1999 21:49:01 -0300, Francis Dupuis <Fdu...@nb.sympatico.ca>
wrote:

>I have been reading the thread about the origins of "Presto" ie 5-5 and
>was wondering if there is a place on the internet where folks can find a
>list of the various hand "nicknames" or perhaps some of you may want to
>post some of the ones you know by way of a reply to this post.

We've been through that before. A fairly complete list is on this page:

http://www.best.com/~mentorms/poker/handname.htm

Ken Churilla
Ken's Poker Page
http://www.best.com/~mentorms/poker/

Bayat1999

May 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/18/99

Benzai

May 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/18/99
My favorite: The San Francisco Waiter

A queen with a "tre" (3)

br

John A. D. Cervanyk

May 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/21/99

> We've been through that before. A fairly complete list is on this page:
>
> http://www.best.com/~mentorms/poker/handname.htm
>
> Ken Churilla

How about a new addition: 8s9s - the Rounder hand
--
Take care,
John A. D. Cervanyk --- ja...@dnvr.uswest.net

John Harkness

May 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/25/99

John A. D. Cervanyk wrote:

> > We've been through that before. A fairly complete list is on this page:
> >
> > http://www.best.com/~mentorms/poker/handname.htm
> >
> > Ken Churilla
>
> How about a new addition: 8s9s - the Rounder hand
> --
> Take care,

Or perhaps the Mcdermott.

John