Which annoying RGP shithead drives this vehicle?

Jason Pawloski

Jul 28, 2010, 10:39:34 PM7/28/10
http://yfrog.com/1gimag0053gij

One guess.

--
RGP's Stupidest Poster by popular vote - 3/22/09 to 6/13/10

"No way could the [Founding Fathers] have dreamed of ... Black people." -
Perfectly normal, well-adjusted, man-pretending-to-be-a-woman-online
BeaForoni

"ONLY ONE PROBLEM .. The Constitution doesnt have a preamble , but the
declaration of Independence does !! YOU JUST CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP !!
:fuck facts ..i have some hate to spread!!" - Constitution scholar K9Way
giving RGP the business

"BART [Bay Area Rapid Transit] is rather new." - Jerry Sturdivant chiming
in on how little he knows about a train system that's been operational
since 1972

looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 28, 2010, 10:13:58 PM7/28/10

"Jason Pawloski" <a67...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message
> http://yfrog.com/1gimag0053gij
>
> One guess.

Doesn't look like XaQ's taste

Alim Nassor

Jul 28, 2010, 10:42:30 PM7/28/10

Beldin just dribbled a shot down his leg.

XaQ Morphy

Jul 28, 2010, 11:21:35 PM7/28/10
On Jul 28 2010 9:13 PM, Beldin the Sorcerer wrote:

> Doesn't look like XaQ's taste

Actually body style is somewhat close to what I just bought, and I've had
6-7 Toyotas in a row until this car. I also wouldn't do a personalized
plate, and would never put a sticker on my car.

Here's what I just bought a few weeks ago (not the exact car, just an
image I googled):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/08/2010_MazdaSpeed_3_--_08-25-2009.jpg

265hp, 280ft-lb of torque at 3000rpms. Wheee. Now I'm sitting here
unable to drive during recovery. ajsldkf;ajsflkaj

---
Morphy
xaqm...@donkeymanifesto.com
http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
-If I never left, does that mean that I'm back now, or have I always been
here?

------
* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 28, 2010, 11:06:01 PM7/28/10

"Alim Nassor" <alimn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

***
Don't confuse Geddy with Neil

Alim Nassor

Jul 28, 2010, 11:23:30 PM7/28/10
On Jul 28, 11:06 pm, "Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beldin...@verizon.net>
wrote:
> "Alim Nassor" <alimnas...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Don't confuse Geddy with Neil- Hide quoted text -

LOL

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 28, 2010, 11:29:28 PM7/28/10

"Alim Nassor" <alimn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

LOL
***
Neil plays drums. Drums get women frisky.

Didn't you know that?

Alim Nassor

Jul 28, 2010, 11:55:01 PM7/28/10
On Jul 28, 11:29 pm, "Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beldin...@verizon.net>
> Didn't you know that?- Hide quoted text -

I guess I do now.

risky biz

Jul 29, 2010, 2:03:38 AM7/29/10
On Jul 28 2010 8:07 PM, Jason Pawloski wrote:

> http://yfrog.com/1gimag0053gij
>
> One guess.

Jason Pawloski?

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 6:52:18 AM7/29/10

> LOL
> ***
> Neil plays drums. Drums get women frisky.
>
> Didn't you know that?- Hide quoted text -

I guess I do now.

***
Drummers have bigger sticks
Drummers don't need to stop for breath
Drummers can roll on all night long
Drummers duet with rhythm
Drummers know how to fill
Drummers finish with a big bang

phlash74

Jul 29, 2010, 2:02:44 PM7/29/10

What about the voice of Geddy Lee?
How did it get so high?
I wonder if he talks like an ordinary guy
(I know him, and he does)
And you're my fact-checking cuz

- "Stereo", Pavement (1997)

Michael

Jason Pawloski

Jul 29, 2010, 3:05:10 PM7/29/10
On Jul 29 2010 12:02 PM, phlash74 wrote:

> On Jul 28, 7:39 pm, "Jason Pawloski" <a679...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:
> > http://yfrog.com/1gimag0053gij
> >
> > One guess.
> >
> > --
> > RGP's Stupidest Poster by popular vote - 3/22/09 to 6/13/10
> >
> > "No way could the [Founding Fathers] have dreamed of ... Black people." -
> > Perfectly normal, well-adjusted, man-pretending-to-be-a-woman-online
> > BeaForoni
> >
> > "ONLY ONE PROBLEM .. The Constitution doesnt have a preamble , but the
> > declaration of Independence does !! YOU JUST CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP !!
> > :fuck facts ..i have some hate to spread!!" - Constitution scholar K9Way
> > giving RGP the business
> >
> > "BART [Bay Area Rapid Transit] is rather new." - Jerry Sturdivant chiming
> > in on how little he knows about a train system that's been operational
> > since 1972
> >

> What about the voice of Geddy Lee?
> How did it get so high?
> I wonder if he talks like an ordinary guy
> (I know him, and he does)
> And you're my fact-checking cuz
>
> - "Stereo", Pavement (1997)
>

> Michael

Geddy Lee's "8 octaves above speaking frequency" voice is the 2nd most
obnoxious part about Rush.

What's the #1 reason to hate Rush? Rush fans, of course.

--
RGP's Stupidest Poster by popular vote - 3/22/09 to 6/13/10

"No way could the [Founding Fathers] have dreamed of ... Black people." -
Perfectly normal, well-adjusted, man-pretending-to-be-a-woman-online
BeaForoni

"ONLY ONE PROBLEM .. The Constitution doesnt have a preamble , but the
declaration of Independence does !! YOU JUST CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP !!
:fuck facts ..i have some hate to spread!!" - Constitution scholar K9Way
giving RGP the business

"BART [Bay Area Rapid Transit] is rather new." - Jerry Sturdivant chiming
in on how little he knows about a train system that's been operational
since 1972

Jason Pawloski

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 2:39:59 PM7/29/10

> I actually like a couple of their songs where Geddy sings like a normal
> human being (Subdivisions, for instance).

Dammit!
How do I bitch anyone out who likes the best song ever written?

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 2:42:04 PM7/29/10

> Geddy Lee's "8 octaves above speaking frequency" voice is the 2nd most
> obnoxious part about Rush.
>
> What's the #1 reason to hate Rush? Rush fans, of course.

The band's been around almost 40 years.

I've been a Rush fan around 30 years

We're intellectual, and compassionate, and into odd time signatures

XaQ Morphy

Jul 29, 2010, 3:22:49 PM7/29/10
On Jul 29 2010 1:33 PM, Jason Pawloski wrote:

> I actually like a couple of their songs where Geddy sings like a normal
> human being (Subdivisions, for instance).

Check out the Counterparts or Test For Echo albums. His voice is much
more normal in those.

---
Morphy
xaqm...@donkeymanifesto.com
http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
-If I never left, does that mean that I'm back now, or have I always been
here?

--------

John_Brian_K

Jul 29, 2010, 3:46:45 PM7/29/10
> Geddy Lee's "8 octaves above speaking frequency" voice is the 2nd most
> obnoxious part about Rush.
>
> What's the #1 reason to hate Rush? Rush fans, of course.

Yet another reason I get to dislike you.

Thanks

===================
I CAN make this shit up!
===================
Part Time Assistant Coordinator
JBK

misanthropic whackjob

Jul 29, 2010, 4:00:42 PM7/29/10
On Jul 29 2010 12:14 PM, John_Brian_K wrote:

> > Geddy Lee's "8 octaves above speaking frequency" voice is the 2nd most
> > obnoxious part about Rush.
> >
> > What's the #1 reason to hate Rush? Rush fans, of course.

Rush has always been an "eh, whatever" band to me. Don't really like 'em,
don't hate 'em.

> Yet another reason I get to dislike you.
>
> Thanks
>
> ===================
> I CAN make this shit up!
> ===================
> Part Time Assistant Coordinator
> JBK

misanthropic whackjob

Jul 29, 2010, 4:26:04 PM7/29/10

Is that song about a kid turning into a serial killer? If so, I like it.

-----

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 4:01:27 PM7/29/10

"misanthropic whackjob" <aca...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

> On Jul 29 2010 11:39 AM, Beldin the Sorcerer wrote:
>
>> "Jason Pawloski" <a67...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message
>>

>> > I actually like a couple of their songs where Geddy sings like a normal
>> > human being (Subdivisions, for instance).
>> >
>> Dammit!
>> How do I bitch anyone out who likes the best song ever written?
>
> Is that song about a kid turning into a serial killer? If so, I like it.

Uh, no

It's the song about how the suburbs try to shove you into a prefabricated
slot, and perhaps you don't wanna be

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth
But the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth

RUStupid Mark

Jul 29, 2010, 4:12:52 PM7/29/10

"Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beld...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Uh, no.
It's the song about a gay boy who feels out of place
having to hide his sexualty, and resorts to having butt
sex with ugly people in the back of cars and in the
dirty basements of bars in his hometown.

Then he goes to San Francisco and it feels more like
home (feeling of belonging) because he can openly
cruise for the butt sex, and can be 'lit up' anywhere.

Neil wrote that one iirc, you might be able to find
the interview where he explained the meaning of
the song online.

HTH,
Mark

misanthropic whackjob

Jul 29, 2010, 4:50:08 PM7/29/10

I just watched the video, the kid looks like a serial killer in training.
I don't like things unless they are about serial killers. Let me have my
fun.

BTW, why do Rush fans like that song so much? It is one of the ones I've
always felt was kinda blah.

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 4:23:58 PM7/29/10

"RUStupid Mark" <dipu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> "Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beld...@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "misanthropic whackjob" <aca...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

>>> Is that song about a kid turning into a serial killer? If so, I like
>>> it.
>>
>> Uh, no
>>
>> It's the song about how the suburbs try to shove you into a prefabricated
>> slot, and perhaps you don't wanna be
>>
>> Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth
>> But the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
>
> Uh, no.
> It's the song about a gay boy who feels out of place
> having to hide his sexualty, and resorts to having butt
> sex with ugly people in the back of cars and in the
> dirty basements of bars in his hometown.

This is justr wrong
Don't make me bitch-slap you

I mean seriously, DON'T make me bitch slap you

misanthropic whackjob

Jul 29, 2010, 4:56:24 PM7/29/10

Yikes, no wonder he became a serial killer.

---

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 4:28:02 PM7/29/10

> On Jul 29 2010 1:01 PM, Beldin the Sorcerer wrote:
>
>> "misanthropic whackjob" <aca...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

>> > Is that song about a kid turning into a serial killer? If so, I like
>> > it.
>>
>> Uh, no
>>
>> It's the song about how the suburbs try to shove you into a prefabricated
>> slot, and perhaps you don't wanna be
>>
>> Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth
>> But the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
>
> I just watched the video, the kid looks like a serial killer in training.
> I don't like things unless they are about serial killers. Let me have my
> fun.
>
> BTW, why do Rush fans like that song so much? It is one of the ones I've
> always felt was kinda blah.

Amazingly, many of them felt like someone was trying to shove them in a slot
they didn't want to be forced into

Jason Pawloski

Jul 29, 2010, 5:02:21 PM7/29/10

Here let me help you out then.

I'd rather listen to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-crgQGdpZR0

than ANYTHING by Rush.

I'd take anything in their catalog over ANYTHING by Rush.

--
RGP's Stupidest Poster by popular vote - 3/22/09 to 6/13/10

"No way could the [Founding Fathers] have dreamed of ... Black people." -
Perfectly normal, well-adjusted, man-pretending-to-be-a-woman-online
BeaForoni

"ONLY ONE PROBLEM .. The Constitution doesnt have a preamble , but the
declaration of Independence does !! YOU JUST CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP !!
:fuck facts ..i have some hate to spread!!" - Constitution scholar K9Way
giving RGP the business

"BART [Bay Area Rapid Transit] is rather new." - Jerry Sturdivant chiming
in on how little he knows about a train system that's been operational
since 1972

XaQ Morphy

Jul 29, 2010, 4:59:10 PM7/29/10
On Jul 29 2010 3:18 PM, misanthropic whackjob wrote:

> BTW, why do Rush fans like that song so much? It is one of the ones I've
> always felt was kinda blah.

I've never been a big fan of that song and I've always been a big Rush
fan. Not sure what the reasons are really.

---
Morphy
xaqm...@donkeymanifesto.com
http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
-If I never left, does that mean that I'm back now, or have I always been
here?

------

misanthropic whackjob

Jul 29, 2010, 5:05:12 PM7/29/10
On Jul 29 2010 1:30 PM, Jason Pawloski wrote:

> On Jul 29 2010 12:39 PM, Beldin the Sorcerer wrote:
>
> > "Jason Pawloski" <a67...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message
> >

> > > I actually like a couple of their songs where Geddy sings like a normal
> > > human being (Subdivisions, for instance).
> > >
> > Dammit!
> > How do I bitch anyone out who likes the best song ever written?
>
> Here let me help you out then.
>
> I'd rather listen to this
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-crgQGdpZR0

FU jason for making me click on that. Thought it would be something by
Zep. Now go watch that movie by that band that my gf loves so much...

> than ANYTHING by Rush.
>
> I'd take anything in their catalog over ANYTHING by Rush.
> --
> RGP's Stupidest Poster by popular vote - 3/22/09 to 6/13/10
>
> "No way could the [Founding Fathers] have dreamed of ... Black people." -
> Perfectly normal, well-adjusted, man-pretending-to-be-a-woman-online
> BeaForoni
>
> "ONLY ONE PROBLEM .. The Constitution doesnt have a preamble , but the
> declaration of Independence does !! YOU JUST CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP !!
> :fuck facts ..i have some hate to spread!!" - Constitution scholar K9Way
> giving RGP the business
>
> "BART [Bay Area Rapid Transit] is rather new." - Jerry Sturdivant chiming
> in on how little he knows about a train system that's been operational
> since 1972

-------

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 4:38:39 PM7/29/10

> On Jul 29 2010 12:39 PM, Beldin the Sorcerer wrote:
>
>> "Jason Pawloski" <a67...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message
>>

>> > I actually like a couple of their songs where Geddy sings like a normal
>> > human being (Subdivisions, for instance).
>> >
>> Dammit!
>> How do I bitch anyone out who likes the best song ever written?
>
> Here let me help you out then.
>
> I'd rather listen to this
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-crgQGdpZR0
>
> than ANYTHING by Rush.
>
> I'd take anything in their catalog over ANYTHING by Rush.

Ok, so you're gay.

No shame to it

Here's one for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGF5hRv7gyU

RUStupid Mark

Jul 29, 2010, 4:38:53 PM7/29/10

"Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beld...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Don't bitch slap me!
Bitch slap google:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd227/Diputsur/4bel.jpg

Or Neil (he might like it!)

LOL

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 4:42:30 PM7/29/10

"RUStupid Mark" <dipu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

The lyrics aren't about sexual orientation.

Neil's surely not homophobic, but he ain't gay either

RUStupid Mark

Jul 29, 2010, 4:52:29 PM7/29/10

"Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beld...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Do you know what 'cruising' meant in the early 80's?

What do you think he meant by: "Cruising for the action" ?

Keep in mind, this is 1982 (just 2 years after a movie
about the gay subculture was released, care to guess the
name of the movie?)

"Lit up like a firefly" - hmm, isn't that the insect with
the glowing butt? What do you think he's referring
to there Beldin? =) How does one light up like a
firefly? =)

Soooo gay. I'm actually surprised you didn't
already know!

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 5:22:09 PM7/29/10

"RUStupid Mark" <dipu...@gmail.com> wrote in message
To high school kids?
Not the BS you're implying

The song's about growing up in the suburbs, guy

don't be a fuckin' retahd

RUStupid Mark

Jul 29, 2010, 5:30:09 PM7/29/10

"Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beld...@verizon.net> wrote in message

The song wasn't about high-school kids, retahd!
How old was Neal Peart in 1982?

Ah, the video! Is that why you mistakenly believed
the song to be written about high school kids?

Well, watch it again closely. You'll see that HSK#1
in the video looks loving after HSK#2 on more
than one occasion, and is not happy about the fact
that HSK#2 likes icky girls (it actually depresses him).

Boy <3 Boy, but feels out of place in his hometown.
Has to go to the city to find man-love.

Just as I stated in my OP to this thread.

But don't take my word for it, google and take
it from Neil! =)

RUStupid Mark

Jul 29, 2010, 5:42:03 PM7/29/10

"RUStupid Mark" <dipu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

PS: I know it's hard to believe... I was in denial too
when I first found out Rob Halford was gay!

That really screwed me up in the head for a while when
he initially came out of the closet, as I had met him a year
prior (got to go backstage at a Priest concert) and I had
never even *considered* the possibility that my hero was
a flaming homo! I just took for granted that he mistaked
me for a chick (because of the long hair) when he asked
me to blow him... and only did it because he'd have never
given me the autograph otherwise (I still have that t-shirt
framed, he signed it just above the jizz spot!)

In time, you'll learn to accept him for what he is. =)
A great drummer, no?

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 5:47:14 PM7/29/10

"RUStupid Mark" <dipu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

about 30

> Ah, the video! Is that why you mistakenly believed
> the song to be written about high school kids?

No, the fact that he said it was about growing up in the Suburbs, and the
cookie cutter existence of it of growing up then, you moron.

Sprawling on the fringes of the city,
In geometric order,
An insulated border
In between the bright lights, and the far unlit unknown

Growing up it all seems so one-sided
Opinions all provided
The future pre-decided
Detached and subdivided
In the mass production zone
Nowhere is the dreamer or the misfit so alone

Now, what part of "Growing up, it all seems so one-sided" don't you
understand?

The damn chorus talks about shopping malls and high school halls.

I REALIZE you're trolling me, son, but this isn't a good subject for it

RUStupid Mark

Jul 29, 2010, 5:53:01 PM7/29/10

> Now, what part of "Growing up, it all seems so one-sided" don't you
> understand?
>
> The damn chorus talks about shopping malls and high school halls.
>
> I REALIZE you're trolling me, son, but this isn't a good subject for it

*sigh*
OK, didn't want to have to go here, but you asked
for it: explain the first stanza of "Nobody's Hero"

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 5:54:40 PM7/29/10

> In time, you'll learn to accept him for what he is. =)
> A great drummer, no?
A great drummer who's married to a woman who gave birth to his daughter last
year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Peart

While Peart was visiting long-time Rush photographer Andrew MacNaughtan in
Los Angeles, MacNaughtan introduced Peart to his future wife, photographer
Carrie Nuttall. They married on September 9, 2000. In early 2001, Peart
announced to his bandmates that he was ready to return to recording and
performing. The product of the band's return was the 2002 album Vapor
Trails. At the start of the ensuing tour in support of the album, it was
decided amongst the band members that Peart would not take part in the daily
grind of press interviews and "Meet and Greet" sessions upon their arrival
in a new city that typically monopolize a touring band's daily schedule.
While Peart has always shied away from these types of in-person encounters,
it was decided that having to needlessly expose him to an endless stream of
questions about the tragic events of his life was quite
unnecessary.[19][20][21]

Since the release of Vapor Trails and reuniting with his fellow band mates,
Peart has returned to work as a full-time musician. Rush has since released
a cover EP, Feedback in June 2004 and their 18th studio album Snakes &
Arrows in May 2007, which were supported by three additional tours in 2004,
2007, and 2008.

In the June 2009 edition of Peart's News, Weather, and Sports, entitled
"Under the Marine Layer", he announced that he and Nuttall were expecting
their first child[22]. Peart and Nuttall's first child, Olivia Louise Peart,
was born on August 12, 2009.

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 5:55:40 PM7/29/10

"RUStupid Mark" <dipu...@gmail.com> wrote in message
He had a gay friend, who eventually died of aids

Shit, son, how tough IS that for you?

Hell, I just linked the song for Jason

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 5:59:09 PM7/29/10

"Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beld...@verizon.net> wrote in message

I mean, for christ's sake, what's the goddamned second line?

"I went to his parties as a straight minority."

RUStupid Mark

Jul 29, 2010, 5:59:42 PM7/29/10

"Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beld...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "RUStupid Mark" <dipu...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beld...@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>>

>>> Now, what part of "Growing up, it all seems so one-sided" don't you
>>> understand?
>>>
>>> The damn chorus talks about shopping malls and high school halls.
>>>
>>> I REALIZE you're trolling me, son, but this isn't a good subject for it
>>

>> *sigh*
>> OK, didn't want to have to go here, but you asked
>> for it: explain the first stanza of "Nobody's Hero"
>>
> He had a gay friend, who eventually died of aids

Good thing they broke up in 1971, no? =)

> Shit, son, how tough IS that for you?

It's not, you're the one with an issue.
I just pointed out that Neil wrote a couple
of homosexually themed song. I get it, but
it doesn't bother me.

Jason Pawloski

Jul 29, 2010, 6:32:32 PM7/29/10
On Jul 29 2010 3:22 PM, Beldin the Sorcerer wrote:

> The song's about growing up in the suburbs, gay

FYP.

--
RGP's Stupidest Poster by popular vote - 3/22/09 to 6/13/10

"No way could the [Founding Fathers] have dreamed of ... Black people." -
Perfectly normal, well-adjusted, man-pretending-to-be-a-woman-online
BeaForoni

"ONLY ONE PROBLEM .. The Constitution doesnt have a preamble , but the
declaration of Independence does !! YOU JUST CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP !!
:fuck facts ..i have some hate to spread!!" - Constitution scholar K9Way
giving RGP the business

"BART [Bay Area Rapid Transit] is rather new." - Jerry Sturdivant chiming
in on how little he knows about a train system that's been operational
since 1972

RUStupid Mark

Jul 29, 2010, 6:02:35 PM7/29/10

> "RUStupid Mark" <dipu...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> In time, you'll learn to accept him for what he is. =)
>> A great drummer, no?
> A great drummer who's married to a woman who gave birth to his daughter
> last year.

What does that have to do with the fact that he liked to eat tube-steak in
1971?
I don't knock the guy for experimenting in his youth, or for writing songs
about
the struggles of gay men. You're the only one that seems to take issue with
the
facts =)

RUStupid Mark

Jul 29, 2010, 6:05:29 PM7/29/10

"Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beld...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Right. Not many formerly gay guys continue to go to gay
parties after deciding they're straight. I recon some would
be afraid they wouldn't be able to resist the lingering urges.

More power to him!

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 9:14:53 PM7/29/10

> On Jul 29 2010 3:22 PM, Beldin the Sorcerer wrote:
>

>> The song's about growing up in the suburbs.
>I'd rather listen to Abba. I guess I'm gay

FYP.

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 9:16:26 PM7/29/10

"RUStupid Mark" <dipu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

He never thought he was gay, you idiot.

He was married to Jackie for over 20 years, before she died

Selina was 19 when she passed away.

For FUCKS sake, son, stop already

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 9:17:04 PM7/29/10

"RUStupid Mark" <dipu...@gmail.com> wrote in message
No, you're the one bullshitting them

Like Jerry, for fucks sake

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 9:18:42 PM7/29/10

"RUStupid Mark" <dipu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Except he didn't at all.

You're just fantasizing, I guess

Guys with big sticks turn you on, do they?

RUStupid Mark

Jul 29, 2010, 9:29:31 PM7/29/10

>> I just pointed out that Neil wrote a couple
>> of homosexually themed song. I get it, but
>> it doesn't bother me.
>
> Except he didn't at all.

Wut?

>>> He had a gay friend, who eventually died of aids

You already agreed he did.

Learn to lose.

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 9:42:01 PM7/29/10

"RUStupid Mark" <dipu...@gmail.com> wrote in message
No, I didn't.

I agreed one line of one song was about a gay guy.
The second verse of that song is about a young woman who got killed
tragically

The song is about personal heroes, not gay stuff.

> Learn to lose.
Studying Jerry's technique?

Alim Nassor

Jul 29, 2010, 10:00:04 PM7/29/10
On Jul 29, 4:01 pm, "Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beldin...@verizon.net>
wrote:
> "misanthropic whackjob" <acae...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

> > On Jul 29 2010 11:39 AM, Beldin the Sorcerer wrote:
>
> >> "Jason Pawloski" <a679...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

> >> Dammit!
> >> How do I bitch anyone out who likes the best song ever written?
>
> > Is that song about a kid turning into a serial killer?  If so, I like it.
>
> Uh, no
>
> It's the song about how the suburbs try to shove you into a prefabricated
> slot, and perhaps you don't wanna be
>
> Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth
> But the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
>

> > -----
> > RecGroups : the community-oriented newsreader :www.recgroups.com- Hide quoted text -

So they lifted it from The Monkees?

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 10:05:54 PM7/29/10

"Alim Nassor" <alimn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

***
No, oddly, the [refab four didn't write songs about prefab

Alim Nassor

Jul 29, 2010, 10:08:38 PM7/29/10
On Jul 29, 10:05 pm, "Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beldin...@verizon.net>
wrote:
> "Alim Nassor" <alimnas...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> No, oddly, the [refab four didn't write songs about prefab- Hide quoted text -

Uh, "Pleasant Valley Sunday" ring a bell?

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 10:13:20 PM7/29/10

"Alim Nassor" <alimn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

***
Not especially

But the kids in that song don't try to escape, or seem to mind the
conformity

Nor do any of them sadly discover they sold out later on

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 10:14:23 PM7/29/10

"Alim Nassor" <alimn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

***
and you do know the monkees didn't actually write that, right?

Alim Nassor

Jul 29, 2010, 10:18:12 PM7/29/10
On Jul 29, 10:14 pm, "Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beldin...@verizon.net>
> and you do know the monkees didn't actually write that, right?- Hide quoted text -

Yes, I know that, but it was about prefab and kids trying to escape.

Another Pleasant Valley Sunday
Charcoal burning everywhere
Rows of houses that are all the same
And no one seems to care..................

Creature comfort goals
They only numb my soul and make it hard for me to see
My thoughts all seem to stray, to places far away
I need a change of scenery

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 10:25:08 PM7/29/10

"Alim Nassor" <alimn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

***
When did the kids seem upset?

The singer may have not liked it, but the kids in the song seemed fine with
it

Alim Nassor

Jul 29, 2010, 10:28:22 PM7/29/10
On Jul 29, 10:25 pm, "Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beldin...@verizon.net>
> it- Hide quoted text -

I'd say that saying your soul was numb would imply being upset.

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 10:32:42 PM7/29/10

"Alim Nassor" <alimn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

***
Numb implies complacent

Hot and angry would be upset.

Alim Nassor

Jul 29, 2010, 10:58:07 PM7/29/10
On Jul 29, 10:32 pm, "Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beldin...@verizon.net>
> Hot and angry would be upset.- Hide quoted text -

different people can interpret it differently.

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 11:09:40 PM7/29/10

wrote:
> Numb implies complacent
>
> Hot and angry would be upset.- Hide quoted text -

different people can interpret it differently.

True.
But Author's Intent carries quite a bit of weight, wouldn't you say?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleasant_Valley_Sunday
"Pleasant Valley Sunday" is a song by Gerry Goffin and Carole King, most
famous for the version recorded by The Monkees in 1967. Goffin's and King's
inspiration for the name was a street named Pleasant Valley Way, in West
Orange, New Jersey.[1] The road follows a valley through several communities
among the Watchung Mountains. The lyrics were a social commentary on status
symbols, creature comforts, life in suburbia, and "keeping up with the
Joneses".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subdivisions_(song)

"Subdivisions" is a Rush song that describes peer pressure for teenage life
in the suburbs.

I would contend that, while both deal with life in the suburbs, they go in
markedly different directions

RUStupid Mark

Jul 29, 2010, 11:13:00 PM7/29/10

> "RUStupid Mark" <dipu...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>> "Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beld...@verizon.net> wrote in message

>>> Except he didn't at all.
>>
>> Wut?

>> You already agreed he did.
> No, I didn't.
>
> I agreed one line of one song was about a gay guy.

Aha! So you admit I was right! =)
Wasn't so hard, was it? =)

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 11:13:05 PM7/29/10

"RUStupid Mark" <dipu...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Wow!
You MUST be channeling Jerry

Alim Nassor

Jul 29, 2010, 11:19:04 PM7/29/10
On Jul 29, 11:09 pm, "Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beldin...@verizon.net>
wrote:
> "Alim Nassor" <alimnas...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Jul 29, 10:32 pm, "Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beldin...@verizon.net>
> wrote:
>
> > Numb implies complacent
>
> > Hot and angry would be upset.- Hide quoted text -

> different people can interpret it differently.
>
> True.
> But Author's Intent carries quite a bit of weight, wouldn't you say?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleasant_Valley_Sunday

> "Pleasant Valley Sunday" is a song by Gerry Goffin and Carole King, most
> famous for the version recorded by The Monkees in 1967. Goffin's and King's
> inspiration for the name was a street named Pleasant Valley Way, in West
> Orange, New Jersey.[1] The road follows a valley through several communities
> among the Watchung Mountains. The lyrics were a social commentary on status
> symbols, creature comforts, life in suburbia, and "keeping up with the
> Joneses".
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subdivisions_(song)
>
> "Subdivisions" is a Rush song that describes peer pressure for teenage life
> in the suburbs.
>
> I would contend that, while both deal with life in the suburbs, they go in
> markedly different directions

I see nowhere in your cite that quotes the authors describing their
intent.

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 11:20:57 PM7/29/10

"Alim Nassor" <alimn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

***
So you missed this?

Alim Nassor

Jul 29, 2010, 11:23:14 PM7/29/10
On Jul 29, 11:20 pm, "Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beldin...@verizon.net>
> > Joneses".- Hide quoted text -

Yes, I see this, "Goffin's and King's

inspiration for the name was a street named Pleasant Valley Way, in
West

Orange, New Jersey.[1].

I see nothing further that states the interpretation in the article
comes from either one.

Alim Nassor

Jul 29, 2010, 11:34:51 PM7/29/10
On Jul 29, 11:20 pm, "Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beldin...@verizon.net>
> > Joneses".- Hide quoted text -

Ugh, Ok, I'm not going to even talk about Rush anymore. I just
listened to Subdivisions. BLECH!!! The opening minute sounded like a
cheesy TV sitcom theme song and the rest of it was just technobabble
noise with more recurring TV themesong passages.

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 29, 2010, 11:43:16 PM7/29/10

"Alim Nassor" <alimn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

***
Ok, you're a goddamned moron

The song opens in 7/8
NO tv theme opens in 7/8

BUT since you're obviously a hopeless redneck, here's an acoustic, all
guitar version so maybe you can follow the words

This guy performed his version of this song when it was inducted into the
Canadian Songwriter's Hall of Fame this year

(Your musical acumen is clearly not up to snuff)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4vd9OVLO7Q

Clave

Jul 29, 2010, 11:55:47 PM7/29/10
"Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beld...@verizon.net> wrote in message

<...>

> Drummers have bigger sticks
> Drummers don't need to stop for breath
> Drummers can roll on all night long
> Drummers duet with rhythm
> Drummers know how to fill
> Drummers finish with a big bang

How do you tell if a stage is level?
The drummer's drooling out of both sides of his mouth.

How can you tell if a drummer's on your porch?
The knocking speeds up.

How do you get a drummer off your porch?
Pay for the pizza.

How many drummers does it take to change a lightbulb?
Five: One to screw the bulb in, and four to talk about how much better Neil
Peart could've done it.

What do you say to a drummer in a three-piece suit?
"Will the defendant please rise?"

Bah-DUM-bum

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 30, 2010, 12:13:45 AM7/30/10

"Clave" <claviu...@cablespeed.com> wrote in message

Did you google those yourself or just lift them from Neil's Book?

Clave

Jul 30, 2010, 12:30:46 AM7/30/10
"Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beld...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Do you really know people who can't rattle off a half-dozen drummer jokes
from the top of their head?

They're funny cuz they're true!

Jim

Jason Pawloski

Jul 30, 2010, 1:09:18 AM7/30/10
On Jul 29 2010 2:38 PM, Beldin the Sorcerer wrote:

> "Jason Pawloski" <a67...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message
> > On Jul 29 2010 12:39 PM, Beldin the Sorcerer wrote:
> >
> >> "Jason Pawloski" <a67...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

> >> Dammit!
> >> How do I bitch anyone out who likes the best song ever written?
> >

> > Here let me help you out then.
> >
> > I'd rather listen to this
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-crgQGdpZR0
> >
> > than ANYTHING by Rush.
> >
> > I'd take anything in their catalog over ANYTHING by Rush.
>
> Ok, so you're gay.
>
> No shame to it
>
> Here's one for you
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGF5hRv7gyU

Not gay, just not afraid to admit my love of Abba.

Hell, I'd rather listen to Billy Squier songs before Rush. Honest to
God!!!! Billy Squier!

--
RGP's Stupidest Poster by popular vote - 3/22/09 to 6/13/10

"No way could the [Founding Fathers] have dreamed of ... Black people." -
Perfectly normal, well-adjusted, man-pretending-to-be-a-woman-online
BeaForoni

"ONLY ONE PROBLEM .. The Constitution doesnt have a preamble , but the
declaration of Independence does !! YOU JUST CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP !!
:fuck facts ..i have some hate to spread!!" - Constitution scholar K9Way
giving RGP the business

"BART [Bay Area Rapid Transit] is rather new." - Jerry Sturdivant chiming
in on how little he knows about a train system that's been operational
since 1972

---
looking for a better newsgroup-reader? - www.recgroups.com

Jason Pawloski

Jul 30, 2010, 1:11:10 AM7/30/10
On Jul 29 2010 1:14 PM, John_Brian_K wrote:

> > Geddy Lee's "8 octaves above speaking frequency" voice is the 2nd most
> > obnoxious part about Rush.
> >
> > What's the #1 reason to hate Rush? Rush fans, of course.
>
> Yet another reason I get to dislike you.
>
> Thanks

Do you like Taylor Hanson too? They have about the same vocal range.

--
RGP's Stupidest Poster by popular vote - 3/22/09 to 6/13/10

"No way could the [Founding Fathers] have dreamed of ... Black people." -
Perfectly normal, well-adjusted, man-pretending-to-be-a-woman-online
BeaForoni

"ONLY ONE PROBLEM .. The Constitution doesnt have a preamble , but the
declaration of Independence does !! YOU JUST CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP !!
:fuck facts ..i have some hate to spread!!" - Constitution scholar K9Way
giving RGP the business

"BART [Bay Area Rapid Transit] is rather new." - Jerry Sturdivant chiming
in on how little he knows about a train system that's been operational
since 1972

Irish Mike

Jul 30, 2010, 5:20:15 AM7/30/10
On Jul 28 2010 11:07 PM, Jason Pawloski wrote:

> http://yfrog.com/1gimag0053gij
>
> One guess.

Well if it had been repossessed I'd guess Jerry 'numb nuts in vegas'. If
it had a "Blame America First" bumper sticker I'd guess Bea. If it had a
custom license plate that read "BIGOT" I'd guess hanks. And if it had a
banner in the back window that said "Death to Israel" I'd know it belonged
to Chris Robin.

Irish Mike

"As an American, I am not shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace
Prize without any accomplishments to his name. America gave him the White
House based on the same credentials."
Newt
Gingrich

* kill-files, watch-lists, favorites, and more.. www.recgroups.com

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 30, 2010, 6:46:31 AM7/30/10

> On Jul 29 2010 1:14 PM, John_Brian_K wrote:
>
>> > Geddy Lee's "8 octaves above speaking frequency" voice is the 2nd most
>> > obnoxious part about Rush.
>> >
>> > What's the #1 reason to hate Rush? Rush fans, of course.
>>
>> Yet another reason I get to dislike you.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Do you like Taylor Hanson too? They have about the same vocal range.

Geddy has a wide range.
He was going for "Led Zep lite" in the 70's, that's all

Hear some of it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1ZUdF9Q-3M

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 30, 2010, 6:49:30 AM7/30/10

> On Jul 29 2010 2:38 PM, Beldin the Sorcerer wrote:
>
>> "Jason Pawloski" <a67...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

>> > Here let me help you out then.
>> >
>> > I'd rather listen to this
>> >
>> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-crgQGdpZR0
>> >
>> > than ANYTHING by Rush.
>> >
>> > I'd take anything in their catalog over ANYTHING by Rush.
>>
>> Ok, so you're gay.
>>
>> No shame to it
>>
>> Here's one for you
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGF5hRv7gyU
>
> Not gay, just not afraid to admit my love of Abba.

I'm sorry, man, that's gay

> Hell, I'd rather listen to Billy Squier songs before Rush. Honest to
> God!!!! Billy Squier!

Ok, you're just trolling

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 30, 2010, 7:08:36 AM7/30/10

"Clave" <claviu...@cablespeed.com> wrote in message

Jimbo, PLEASE

At least half of those are generic

They've been "Professional Poker Player" jokes, posted to this forum. Hell,
Carson uses a couple in his book
What do you call a professional poker player who broke up with his
girlfriend?
Homeless.
(That's a 'drummer' joke too, and god knows how many else)

You want ones that are clever, use this one :

Little boy : Mommy, when I grow up, I want to be a professional drummer!
Mom : Son, come now, you know you can't do both

HOWEVER :
I just finished reading Neil's latest book, and every one of those is quoted
at one point or another

> They're funny cuz they're true!

No, they're funny because they aren't true

Alim Nassor

Jul 30, 2010, 7:18:32 AM7/30/10
On Jul 29, 11:43 pm, "Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beldin...@verizon.net>

I don't care what time it was in. The whole synthetic keyboard thing
was like listening to TV theme songs.

> BUT since you're obviously a hopeless redneck, here's an acoustic, all
> guitar version so maybe you can follow the words

No thanks, once was way more than enough.

> This guy performed his version of this song when it was inducted into the
> Canadian Songwriter's Hall of Fame this year

WOW Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame? That's kind of like the
Egyptian Snowboarding Hall of Fame isn't it?

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 30, 2010, 7:34:10 AM7/30/10

"Alim Nassor" <alimn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

***
This is why you're an idiot.
TV theme songs today copied from the Synth stuff that started in the early
80's

> BUT since you're obviously a hopeless redneck, here's an acoustic, all
> guitar version so maybe you can follow the words

No thanks, once was way more than enough.

> This guy performed his version of this song when it was inducted into the
> Canadian Songwriter's Hall of Fame this year

WOW Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame? That's kind of like the
Egyptian Snowboarding Hall of Fame isn't it?

***
Alim, how long you been a retard?

Ever hear of Joni Mitchell?
Paul Anka?
Gordon Lightfoot?

Seriously, I realize you're a Texas Redneck moron, but FUCK

John_Brian_K

Jul 30, 2010, 10:14:19 AM7/30/10
> Do you like Taylor Hanson too? They have about the same vocal range.

I have absolutely no idea who that is.

===================
I CAN make this shit up!
===================
Part Time Assistant Coordinator
JBK

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 30, 2010, 9:57:47 AM7/30/10

"John_Brian_K" <a7e...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

>> Do you like Taylor Hanson too? They have about the same vocal range.
>
> I have absolutely no idea who that is.

The keyboard player who sings for "Hanson"

See "MmmBop"

Clave

Jul 30, 2010, 12:54:59 PM7/30/10
"Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beld...@verizon.net> wrote in message

BFD

If you're trying to prove a point, you're doing a piss-poor job of it.

Jim

phlash74

Jul 30, 2010, 1:03:20 PM7/30/10
On Jul 30, 9:54 am, "Clave" <claviusdes...@cablespeed.com> wrote:
> "Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beldin...@verizon.net> wrote in messagenews:i2ubrs$p2u$1...@news.eternal-september.org...
>

> > "Clave" <claviusdes...@cablespeed.com> wrote in message
> >> "Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beldin...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> Jim- Hide quoted text -

You forgot the best one:

What was the last thing the drummer said to the band before he was
fired?
"Hey guys, I wrote some songs I want us to play!"

Michael
U.S. American

Bea Deviled~~~~>

Jul 30, 2010, 1:24:09 PM7/30/10
On Jul 30, 2:20 am, "UnAmerican Mike" <ad7c...@webnntp.invalid> wrote:
.

> Well if it had been repossessed I'd guess Jerry 'numb nuts in vegas'.  If
> it had a "Blame America First" bumper sticker I'd guess Bea.

If it had a "blame other people first" then I guess it would be you.
Quick to blame others and never able to take responsibility. Must be
hard to look in the mirror, huh?

XaQ Morphy

Jul 30, 2010, 2:02:29 PM7/30/10
On Jul 29 2010 11:39 PM, Jason Pawloski wrote:

> Do you like Taylor Hanson too? They have about the same vocal range.

Eh, 30 years ago maybe. This is one of my favs, from like 97:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkpAtvX5as

---
Morphy
xaqm...@donkeymanifesto.com
http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
-If I never left, does that mean that I'm back now, or have I always been
here?

-----

XaQ Morphy

Jul 30, 2010, 2:03:34 PM7/30/10
On Jul 30 2010 8:57 AM, Beldin the Sorcerer wrote:

> The keyboard player who sings for "Hanson"
>
> See "MmmBop"

Funny thing, Hanson is still out there, they're in their late 20's now and
do an alt-rock sort of thing. I don't much care for it, but it's funny to
see the differences.

---
Morphy
xaqm...@donkeymanifesto.com
http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
-If I never left, does that mean that I'm back now, or have I always been
here?

John_Brian_K

Jul 30, 2010, 2:35:03 PM7/30/10
> Eh, 30 years ago maybe. This is one of my favs, from like 97:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkpAtvX5as

I didn't know they made a video for that song. I am not sure if I have
ever seen a video of theirs.

Possibly the stupidest video I have ever seen. I only watched about 30
seconds BTW.

===================
I CAN make this shit up!
===================
Part Time Assistant Coordinator
JBK

XaQ Morphy

Jul 30, 2010, 2:45:38 PM7/30/10
On Jul 30 2010 1:03 PM, John_Brian_K wrote:

> I didn't know they made a video for that song. I am not sure if I have
> ever seen a video of theirs.
>
> Possibly the stupidest video I have ever seen. I only watched about 30
> seconds BTW.

I've never seen it, I sent a link for the song specifically, since that's
what we were talking about.

---
Morphy
xaqm...@donkeymanifesto.com
http://www.donkeymanifesto.com
-If I never left, does that mean that I'm back now, or have I always been
here?

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 30, 2010, 3:17:21 PM7/30/10

>> Eh, 30 years ago maybe. This is one of my favs, from like 97:
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkpAtvX5as
>
> I didn't know they made a video for that song. I am not sure if I have
> ever seen a video of theirs.
>
> Possibly the stupidest video I have ever seen. I only watched about 30
> seconds BTW.

It's a little weird.

I would guess XaQ likes it for the bass line, which is rather cool

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 30, 2010, 3:18:31 PM7/30/10

"XaQ Morphy" <a1c...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

> On Jul 30 2010 8:57 AM, Beldin the Sorcerer wrote:
>
>> The keyboard player who sings for "Hanson"
>>
>> See "MmmBop"
>
> Funny thing, Hanson is still out there, they're in their late 20's now and
> do an alt-rock sort of thing. I don't much care for it, but it's funny to
> see the differences.

My issue with them is their stage setup is exactly like Rush. Guitar stage
left, drums center, keys stage right

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 30, 2010, 3:20:34 PM7/30/10

"Clave" <claviu...@cablespeed.com> wrote in message
So, idiot, they're not particularly funny, and they're applied to a number
of things

> If you're trying to prove a point, you're doing a piss-poor job of it.

All I did was ask if you lifted them from his book.

Your lack of an answer seems to make it likely

RUStupid Mark

Jul 30, 2010, 3:29:46 PM7/30/10

> "Alim Nassor" <alimn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Jul 29, 10:32 pm, "Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beldin...@verizon.net>
> wrote:
>> Numb implies complacent
>>
>> Hot and angry would be upset.- Hide quoted text -

> different people can interpret it differently.
>
> True.

<snip>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subdivisions_(song)
>
> "Subdivisions" is a Rush song that describes peer pressure for teenage
> life in the suburbs.

Then you should also agree that this summary was subjective
and didn't belong in the wikipedia entry without a cite.

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 30, 2010, 3:34:28 PM7/30/10

"RUStupid Mark" <dipu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

It's not subjective.
That's what Neil said it was about.

RUStupid Mark

Jul 30, 2010, 3:40:21 PM7/30/10

"Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beld...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Cite?

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 30, 2010, 4:19:06 PM7/30/10

"RUStupid Mark" <dipu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Neil in any number of interviews

From Success Under Pressure: "After ploughing through countless children's
adventure stories, Neil (Peart) went on to develop a passion for fantasy and
science fiction works, which provided him with an element of escapism from
the grim reality of everyday life in suburbia. In fact, this was a theme he
later touched upon with the song "Subdivisions," which he describes as "an
exploration of the background from which all of us (and probably most of our
audience) have sprung."

Jerry Sturdivant

Jul 30, 2010, 4:55:04 PM7/30/10

"Irish Mike" <ad7...@webnntp.invalid> wrote in message

> On Jul 28 2010 11:07 PM, Jason Pawloski wrote:
>
>> http://yfrog.com/1gimag0053gij
>>
>> One guess.
>
> Well if it had been repossessed I'd guess Jerry 'numb nuts in vegas'.

Says the liar that's stated he's killfiled me three times; yet still reads
me.

Jerry 'n Vegas

RUStupid Mark

Jul 30, 2010, 5:49:57 PM7/30/10

> From Success Under Pressure: "After ploughing through countless children's
> adventure stories, Neil (Peart) went on to develop a passion for fantasy
> and science fiction works, which provided him with an element of escapism
> from the grim reality of everyday life in suburbia. In fact, this was a
> theme he later touched upon with the song "Subdivisions," which he
> describes as "an exploration of the background from which all of us (and
> probably most of our audience) have sprung."

Also from Success Under Pressure:
Geddy states: "Well, we wanted the album to sound different and we also
thought that the packaging should have a different feel. When we were
talking about Signals, Hugh had this concept of taking the idea down to a
basic human level - territorial or even sexual. So that's how the design
with the dog and the fire hydrant came about. The little map on the back
features make-believe subdivisions, with a lot of silly names and places.
The red dots represent all the fire hydrants and basically the whole thing
maps out a series of territories."

Hmm... sexual territories?

Beldin the Sorcerer

Jul 30, 2010, 5:53:19 PM7/30/10

"RUStupid Mark" <dipu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

A) Geddy didn't write the lyrics

B) No. Nothing to do with sex

C) The map is a baseball field.

Clave

Jul 30, 2010, 11:09:30 PM7/30/10

> "Clave" <claviu...@cablespeed.com> wrote in message

<...>

>> If you're trying to prove a point, you're doing a piss-poor job of it.
>
> All I did was ask if you lifted them from his book.

Why do you care so much?

Jim

Alim Nassor

Jul 30, 2010, 11:24:04 PM7/30/10
On Jul 30, 7:34 am, "Beldin the Sorcerer" <Beldin...@verizon.net>
> Seriously, I realize you're a Texas Redneck moron, but FUCK- Hide quoted text -

Joni ( I got a Brand New Pair of Rollerskates) Mitchell? You aint
helping your case much.

It is loading more messages.