looking for new Poker Slang

Peder Jakobsen

Mar 24, 2004, 1:23:48 AM3/24/04
this is silly, but I'd like to post these new lame-ass slang terms so I can
take credit for it one day if it ever becomes part of poker vernacular: :)

If you win with a Big Slick, announce loudly with an obnoxious attitude
"beat you with the Exxon Valdez buddy".

Also, A huge pair that wins the pot on the river is know as a Dolly Parton,
while any J9 that wins the pot is gives you the right to announce "beat you
with the Bin Ladin, sucker"

Ok, i'm ready for the rants....but if you have any good slang i'd like to
collect it for my website.

KortHund

pete_flex

Mar 24, 2004, 2:32:57 AM3/24/04
Dooly already has a hand, 9-5 and as far as Bin Laden, why the hell
would we give him anything and still.......j-9 why j-9?

Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com

Paramecium T. Nougat

Mar 24, 2004, 3:11:45 AM3/24/04
pete_flex (0.148% quality rating):

> Dooly already has a hand, 9-5 and as far as Bin Laden, why the hell
> would we give him anything and still.......j-9 why j-9?

Must be counting the J as 11... 9-J = 9-11

As for other underutilized poker slang:

the enema = backdoor flush

the douche = three of the same suit on flop (a.k.a. frontdoor flush)

the heavy flow = four of the same suit on board

big viscous = AQ

Just once I'd like to hear Vince say, "Ah, Gus is looking at that flop
and now he's got an unfresh feeling..."

/joe
--
In Freebeer, Bos mentally powers up the Academy of Evil. Jess slowly wants
to be loved by git.test for Chris Madden's ice-cold frat house, and then

Rich M

Mar 24, 2004, 4:04:27 AM3/24/04
On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 01:23:48 -0500, "Peder Jakobsen" wrote:

>If you win with a Big Slick, announce loudly with an obnoxious attitude
>"beat you with the Exxon Valdez buddy".

OK, I just added this one to my handname spreadsheet, and included
your name and the date and a link to RGP as the source. However, my
spreadsheet gives each handname a rating, based upon whether the name
is local, regional, or a classic, so this one is going to need a bit
of a publicity campaign.

>Also, A huge pair that wins the pot on the river is know as a Dolly Parton,

Dolly Parton is already a 9-5, from her movie by that name. Another
"big pair" is a Raquel Welch (3-8) and the "small pair" is a Twiggy
(2-9).

How about Marcia Gay Harden? She was the big pair on Mystic River...

>while any J9 that wins the pot is gives you the right to announce "beat you
>with the Bin Ladin, sucker"

Hmmm... I think I am missing this one, maybe a bit out of touch with
the news on BL. Why J9?

My hand name list is published at: www.holdemsecrets.com/handnames.htm

Rich M

Peder Jakobsen

Mar 24, 2004, 8:10:53 AM3/24/04
Thanks for your reply! :)

I like the Exxon Valdez for a big slick, but the other ones i'm not crazy
about.

Infact, a 9 Jack being a 9 11 is not in good taste, so I'll scratch that
from my list.

P.J.

"pete_flex" <anon...@msn.com> wrote in message

Peder Jakobsen

Mar 24, 2004, 8:37:23 AM3/24/04
Infact, it would be more accurate to say that an Exxon Valdez is an AK of
spades (lots of black)

....esp. if delivered by a drunk player, since the Captain of the Exxon
Valdez was drunk at the time of the accident that caused what I believe is
the largest oil spill accident ever.

Rich, your list is excellent, I plan on bringing it to my next home game.

Peder Jakobsen

"Rich M" <ri...@holdemsecrets.com> wrote in message

JTAutry

Mar 24, 2004, 9:50:15 AM3/24/04
"Paramecium T. Nougat" <r...@moralminority.org> wrote in message

> the enema = backdoor flush

YES! YES! YES!!!

> the douche = three of the same suit on flop (a.k.a. frontdoor flush)

Hey, with flops like that, who need enemas?

JT

Jay

Mar 24, 2004, 12:11:36 PM3/24/04
A-K = Big Slick
A-Q = Big Trick

rewdb0y

Mar 24, 2004, 12:48:05 PM3/24/04
Most people refer to Q3 as San Francisco Busboy for Queen with a trey.
I like to call it a "bitch with crabs" right before I muck it.

K3 for King Crab.
J3 Jack with crabs. etc. etc.

Chris

Mar 24, 2004, 1:31:22 PM3/24/04
"Peder Jakobsen" <jako...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:<FQ98c.19798$re.15...@news20.bellglobal.com>...

JKo - Playing with yourself (jack-king off)
Similarly KJo - KingJackoff - come up with your own for this one.

-CJ

Supe

Mar 24, 2004, 1:36:32 PM3/24/04
Me and my friends have a bunch we made up. Most are lame but we still
think they are funny

69 = gutter slut
95 = workin man
10-4 = the trucker
K7 = Kevin
A2 = the candle stick (not sure how this one started but it stuck with
us)
J2 = the jew
72 = the whip (worst hand in poker)
72 = a little slice of heaven.

those are a few, any other dumb ones you made up id like to hear

* Learn Where & Where NOT to Play at http://www.LiveActionPoker.com

** $30 Free Poker Bankroll at http://www.liveactionpoker.com/free30

supe

Mar 24, 2004, 1:40:11 PM3/24/04
thought of a few others we use frequently,

K8 = kate
K9 = turner and hooch
K2 = white men cant jump. (for those who know the movie they play the
King and the Duck at the end of the film.)

thought you might like these

RazzO

Mar 24, 2004, 2:23:15 PM3/24/04
On Mar 24 2004 9:11AM, Jay wrote:

> A-K = Big Slick
> A-Q = Big Trick

I made these up 20 years ago.

6-3 = JFK
6-4 = LBJ

razzo

BeatYouSoBad

Mar 24, 2004, 2:41:50 PM3/24/04
"Peder Jakobsen" <jako...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:<FQ98c.19798$re.15...@news20.bellglobal.com>...
> this is silly, but I'd like to post these new lame-ass slang terms so I can
> take credit for it one day if it ever becomes part of poker vernacular: :)

This isn't slang for a poker hand.

If I have a really crappy day playing poker and my friend asks me how
I'm doing (and vice versa), the reply is "Drivin' the truck" - from
Rounders, when Mike McDermott lost his bankroll and had to quit poker
and drive Knish's truck.

susan

Mar 24, 2004, 3:03:14 PM3/24/04

"RazzO" <anon...@razzo.com> wrote in message

> I made these up 20 years ago.
>

> 6-3 = JFK
> 6-4 = LBJ
>

> razzo

Boy, they sure caught on, didn't they?

Susan

Xmas

Mar 24, 2004, 3:16:24 PM3/24/04
My friends and I have come up with the following terms. 8-5, but more
importantly 8-5c are known respectively as "Cornerstone" and
"Cornerstone Crusher". Also due to the fact that we watch the movie
"Snatch" almost religiously the term "Nuts" signifying the best hand,
has been replaced with "Minerals"---in a British accent of course.
Finally, we have also done away the terms "Heater, Rush, Horseshoe out
of the ass, etc." and simply replaced them with the term "Butaning".

Serve and Enjoy!

Paramecium T. Nougat

Mar 24, 2004, 3:54:49 PM3/24/04
JTAutry (83.796% quality rating):

>> the douche = three of the same suit on flop (a.k.a. frontdoor flush)
>
> Hey, with flops like that, who need enemas?

BRILLIANT!

/joe
--
Krug's PHP script from the College of Computing is green! The terror is
aggravated and gay. In the Atlanta Diner, Travis Thatcher scans a zen koan,

LickitySplit

Mar 24, 2004, 3:58:29 PM3/24/04
Not really proper slang (he he), but in our home game, whenever we
deliver the "Big Blind Special" by winning a big pot with T3o or
something of that pile... we always turn our cards over and say "Cha cha
cha...". Comes from a band called "The Supersuckers" who say that after
most of the songs they do in concert. Most would never get the
reference, but try it, its really fun. Especially if you let the last
"cha" draw out a bit.

Cheers!

Posted From http://OnlinePokerRooms.com Card Room News - Critical
Reviews - Dialogue

Paramecium T. Nougat

Mar 24, 2004, 3:58:40 PM3/24/04
Chris (93.325% quality rating):

> Similarly KJo - KingJackoff - come up with your own for this one.

King Jackoff is excellent, but Ace Jackoff sounds like a superhero or
perhaps a starship pilot.

/joe
--
In the gray market, Solomon Peachy's nauseous zen koan is fabulous. In the
space-age bachelor pad, Andy James's priceless PHP script is sketch. The

Paramecium T. Nougat

Mar 24, 2004, 5:04:39 PM3/24/04
While thinking about how cool Crosley Bendix was, Xmas blurted:

> My friends and I have come up with the following terms. 8-5, but more
> importantly 8-5c are known respectively as "Cornerstone" and
> "Cornerstone Crusher".

We call the 85 "the Scag" (named after me) because it's the shithand I
always seem to flop straights or boats with. 85s diamonds is the Scag
proper, but 85o is an acceptable Scag.

/joe
--
Mitch Kispert likes to chat with Twitch for the choad and the bonch and
masturbates to 'Narz!, and then writes a program for the phatcave for the

Dan

Mar 24, 2004, 6:32:02 PM3/24/04
AK= Big Slick
69= Big Lick

RazzO

Mar 24, 2004, 6:51:25 PM3/24/04
cbukow...@yahoo.com (BeatYouSoBad) wrote in message

> "Drivin'

> the truck" - from
> Rounders, when Mike McDermott lost his bankroll and had to quit poker
> and drive Knish's truck.

Excellent!

razzo
(has drove a truck before)

Bill Reich

Mar 24, 2004, 11:36:50 PM3/24/04
"Peder Jakobsen" <jako...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:<FQ98c.19798$re.15...@news20.bellglobal.com>...

I always liked "submarine" for a boat submerged (without a pair
showing) in stud.

T9o is "obvious steal hand" as is T8s and several others.

Dolly Parton is 95, from the film.

I have never seen anyone post "sticks" for AA in the hole but I have
heard it at the table. "Sticks to beat you with" is a phrase I have
used.

T2 is Dolly.

KK is "Ace magnet" and JJ is "railbound"

--
Will

"Good news; Your creditor will pass away without cashing that last
check." Fortune Cookie

clevelandrounder

Mar 25, 2004, 1:08:28 AM3/25/04
AA Albert antasia (mob boss who was killed in nyc spelled his last name
wrong)
69 dinner for two
23 little slick
a9 of clubs mcderment (hand matt damon lost a all his money with in
rounders)
44 maguam
qq sluts
q mop squeezers
8 frog eyes
7 sheep posts
7j dice
j9 emergancy
22 mini me

Rich M

Mar 25, 2004, 3:06:06 AM3/25/04
On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 06:08:28 GMT, "clevelandrounder" wrote:

>AA Albert antasia (mob boss who was killed in nyc spelled his last name
>wrong)

Anastasia. He was the first mob boss killed gangland style.

>7 sheep posts

I guess I have never seen a sheep post. Should I assume that they
look like a seven?

Rich M

Keith

Mar 25, 2004, 4:28:48 AM3/25/04
My little brother has been trying to popularize his names for all the
pocket pairs by using them whenever possible. I don't remember all of
them but I rmember some....
88 snowmen
77 heaven

curvy

Mar 25, 2004, 7:08:19 AM3/25/04
i can't believe how lame you people are. fuck.

hahah

Mar 25, 2004, 7:38:11 AM3/25/04
Q3 is now called Corb

netherspirit

Mar 25, 2004, 9:02:09 AM3/25/04
10-5o the Dildo

Because someone usaually gets fucked by it.

JTAutry

Mar 25, 2004, 11:53:26 AM3/25/04
68 - the "you do me and I'll owe you one"

JT

Rich M

Mar 25, 2004, 12:44:42 PM3/25/04
Does anybody have a hand name for any of these:
K-6, K-5, J-3, 10-6

A. Prock

Mar 25, 2004, 1:19:22 PM3/25/04
According to Rich M <ri...@holdemsecrets.com>:

>Does anybody have a hand name for any of these:
>K-6, K-5, J-3, 10-6

Trash.

- Andrew

--
http://www.pokerstove.com

A. Prock

Mar 25, 2004, 1:20:24 PM3/25/04
According to Rich M <ri...@holdemsecrets.com>:
>Does anybody have a hand name for any of these:
>K-6, K-5, J-3, 10-6

See also: http://www.gocee.com/poker/handname.htm

Emomakesmefart

Mar 25, 2004, 4:11:28 PM3/25/04
since no one really seems to have a name for 27o besides "the worst starting
hand in poker," my friends and i have taken to calling it "the big man hand,"
cuz it takes a big man to play it. :oP

McD

The Beet Man

Mar 25, 2004, 6:06:39 PM3/25/04
On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:44:42 -0700, Rich M <ri...@holdemsecrets.com>
wrote:

>Does anybody have a hand name for any of these:
>K-6, K-5, J-3, 10-6

K-5 is known as the "Rotten Cowboy" in some parts.

--
This post brought to you courtesy of the Beet Man!