Sharing methods of play

Peter Anderson

Jul 23, 2001, 9:48:12 AM7/23/01
See the "Jensen Method for Playing the Don't" post for actual detailed
instructions for playing the world's most powerful craps method.

Nothing is held back.

"Ezra" <nos...@newsranger.com> wrote in message
> I'm awed by the postings of Midnight Skulker,Bulldog,Ausound,Krigman,
> Rander and other knowledgeable longtime posters. Why are these people
> reluctant to share their methods of play with this N.G.?
>
> Regards....ezra@fuckyou.co.uk

Mason Clarke

Jul 23, 2001, 1:05:38 PM7/23/01
>Why are these people
>reluctant to share their methods of play with this N.G.?

They're not. They just haven't done so during your tenure as the
self appointed spokesman for the the N.G.

Maybe they will after your term of office is complete and you
have returned to your well deserved obscurity.

John Kerr

Jul 23, 2001, 7:44:02 PM7/23/01

Mason wrote: "Maybe they will after your term of office is complete, and

you have returned to your well deserved obscurity.

Mason, I have decided that you have the perfect personality for playing
poker...I think Jim mentioned that you played. I use to play quite
often, and the only reason I tolerated the "negative, depression filled
dens of inequity" was the easy two or three hundred dollars I could take
home from the "cowboys" that stumbled into the place from time to time.
I think I might have played against you some where along the
line....your voice sounds familiar! JB

To be living is a fantastic gift, to be involved with living is a duty!

The Midnight Skulker

Jul 24, 2001, 12:04:10 AM7/24/01
> I'm awed by the postings of Midnight Skulker,Bulldog,Ausound,Krigman,
> Rander and other knowledgeable longtime posters. Why are these people

> reluctant to share their methods of play with this N.G.?

You rang?

Given your signature I'm not sure whether you're calling me out or
genuinely interested. Since I do not recognize your handle I will take
you at your word and assume the latter.

Up front I should say that I am hesitant to recommend a betting strategy
to anyone without knowing their goals. I am a "go for the gusto" type,
accepting more frequent losing sessions in return for an occasional
bonanza. If that is not your goal then my style is not for you. Here
is how I play the Don'ts.

I use a winning progression: 10-15-20-25-30-40-50-..., but because I
have to lay odds instead of taking them, and therefore must win more
bets than I lose just to break even, I do not progress after every
win. In fact, there are some sessions when it seems I do not progress
at all, or lose immediately when I do, even though I am ahead. The
reason is that on the wrong side hours of profit can evaporate in
minutes if I get caught chasing a hand.

Unless otherwise stated I lay single odds on all bets that move behind a
number. I should also mention that I rarely bet Don't Pass, only Don't
Come, to avoid betting "against the shooter" (which some shooters take
personally).

At the start of my progression (i.e. at the $10 level) I continue to
make Don't Come bets on a shooter until one of my bets (either
established or new) loses, or the shooter makes the Line point, or I get
behind four numbers. To progress to my next betting level I have to
reach a "count" of +9. This count, which I keep track of with chips, is
made as follows.
+2 for a win on a number
+1 for a natural winner (craps other than the bar)
-1 for a natural loser (7 or 11)
-3 for a loss on a number
For example, if I have gone behind three numbers and have a fourth Don't
Come bet in the box when the shooter sevens out my count would be +5, 3
times +2 for the established numbers, which won, and -1 for the new bet,
which lost. If, when a shooter sevens out, the count is negative I
"reset" it to zero and start my progression anew; positive counts carry
forward, however.

Once I progress past the base ($10) level I want to make sure I come out
ahead for the sequence, hence I do not make Don't Come bets
continuously. Instead, I jump ->three<- levels in my progression the
first time I progress (e.g. from $10 to $25, from $15 to $30) and make
only one bet. If it wins on a number I count it as +3, then drop back
two levels (e.g. from $25 to $15, from $30 to $20) and make two bets per
shooter until the count gets to +7, at which point I will make up to
four bets. When the count is +8 I make only one bet, but lay double
odds. If a shooter wipes out all my action I switch to the front side
for that shooter (with single Come bets and double odds) regardless of
the count and start the progression from the beginning (with a count of
0) with the next shooter.

1 2
| The Midnight Skulker
9 * 3 a.k.a. Van....@wgint.com

6

Mike Garrard

Jul 24, 2001, 5:10:40 PM7/24/01
I'm gonna save this one, thanks!
MikeG

Mike Garrard

Jul 24, 2001, 5:54:02 PM7/24/01
Couple of questions:
When you switch to the do side, how many come bets do you put up? Do you
progress those? If a shooter knock off one bet but you win two with a come
out seven, do bet pass or wait him out?
Thanks, MikeG

The Midnight Skulker

Jul 24, 2001, 6:39:42 PM7/24/01
> Couple of questions:
> When you switch to the do side, how many come bets do you put up?

Just one, with double odds.

> Do you progress those?

Yes. If the table allows more than double odds I progress the odds by one
multiple until I hit the table limit there before progressing my flat bet.

> If a shooter knock off one bet but you win two with a come out seven,
> do bet pass or wait him out?

I keep going on the dark side. (In the above situation I end up +1: +4 for
the two winners, -3 for the loser.) The only time I jump ship is when the
shooter picks off all of my action, which could happen on his/her second roll
if it is 11. The absolutely worst case, which has happened BTW, is to get up
on the four outside numbers, have them all picked off, go front side, get a
point of 6 or 8, and have the shooter 7-out. That's 14.5 units down the
tubes, and in the vernacular is labeled an "explitive deleted".

Mike Garrard

Jul 25, 2001, 8:14:50 PM7/25/01
I made a little modification, taking a page from "The Dice Doctor". I parlay
craps rolls, and don't take odds. I can add 3 bets if I win, but only lose 1
if I lose. It happened once on the "jump three in the progression" bet, and
I won the same with half the risk.

Also, since I saw your name in "Forever Craps", talking about precision
rolling, I got to wondering, do you usually play the dark side? And do you
use the 5 count when betting pass?
MikeG

The Midnight Skulker

Jul 27, 2001, 12:20:05 AM7/27/01
> I made a little modification, taking a page from "The Dice Doctor". I
> parlay craps rolls, and don't take odds. I can add 3 bets if I win,
> but only lose 1 if I lose.

I take it you mean you do not lay odds when you parlay, but do lay odds
at other times. Yes, that would work, but if you lose to a natural you
are -1 instead of even. I must also mention that mathematically you are
better off allocating additional money to odds instead of to the flat
bet. Hence, after a craps win I would consider using the winnings to
lay additional odds; you will win less more often than if you parlay the
flat. Of course it makes the accounting messier since you would count
the win from those additional odds as 1/2.

> Also, since I saw your name in "Forever Craps", talking about
> precision rolling, I got to wondering, do you usually play the dark
> side?

I prefer to play the Don'ts, but I'd say I do it only about 60% of the
time. I go with the flow of the table. The reasons I posted my dark
side strategy are 1) I had it already written up, and 2) I'm in the
process of adjusting my front side strategy.

> And do you use the 5 count when betting pass?

Yes, but I started using it only recently. As you know The Captain's
5-Count is not a complete betting strategy, rather it is a method for
determining which shooters you will bet on. I am currently in the
process of developing my betting strategy once a shooter has qualified.
I started out making Come bets at the 3-count to get up on three
numbers, but that turned out to be a little too bankroll intensive for
my tastes. Now I wait the full 5 count before making a Come bet, but I
am still experimenting with what to do in addition to or after that.

John Kerr

Jul 27, 2001, 1:26:38 AM7/27/01
Has anyone in the NG heard of an astrophysicist named Richard Gott, he
is at Princeton, and well respected in the science community. He
published a paper a while back in the "Annals of Science" magazine. It
is titled "How to predict anything". Its a bit complex, but
interesting...and he is batting a 1000 in his predictions.The problem is
that they are general in nature, and he does not proffess to ever
predict exact events. I am going over it again, and trying to digest it,
and see if there is any application that might help in the "lets make a
bet" world. I will share what I glean from it....who knows? I stay
abreast of things in the science world for many reasons, but am always
looking for information that I might be able to "try" in the gaming
world...maybe crazy, but knowledge is "power":). JB

Mason Clarke

Jul 27, 2001, 12:47:21 PM7/27/01
In article <12408-3B60FB8E-63@storefull-
178.iap.bryant.webtv.net>, jbk...@webtv.net says...
If by the "let's make a bet world", you mean games of random and
independent trials, then you are demonstrating your profound lack
of grasp of these concepts ... again.

--
Onward thru the fog,
Mason

Michael Shermer

Humans are pattern-seeking, storytelling animals. We look for and
find patterns in our world and in our lives, then weave
narratives around those patterns to bring them to life and give
them meaning. Such is the stuff of which myth, religion, history,
and science are made.

Sometimes the patterns we find represent reality ... But
sometimes the patters are imposed by our minds rather than
discovered by them ... The rub lies in distinguishing which
patterns are true and which are false, and the essential tension
pits skepticism against credulity as we try to decide which
patterns should be rejected and which should be embraced.

John Kerr

Jul 27, 2001, 1:34:31 PM7/27/01
Mason, Its very possible that I am missing the point as comes to random
and independent trials, but I like the "fog"...its soothing:)! I use the
information for sports betting more than anything...but its fun to toy
around with the "mystic" world also!
MY PREDICTION: (based on Gott's theory)
I don't know how long this NG has been around, but I will just pick a
time, say 2 years.
I will predict how long it will survive.
If it has been here 2 years, and I happened along by randomness...I had
no real purpose for being here at this exact time. Then I could assume
that this time is not significant, and my arriving here was a random
event. Taking the unknown total time the NG will exist, it is probable
that I am neither in the first 20% or the last 20% of its life....the
middle 60% is much more likely. So, if I am at the 21% age of the NG, it
has approx. 10 years life span. If I am at 79%, then it has 2 years
left. This NG will pass in to the never never land between 2 and 10
years from now!!!!! JB

Mason Clarke

Jul 27, 2001, 3:15:06 PM7/27/01
In article <598-3B6...@storefull-172.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,
jbk...@webtv.net says...

>This NG will pass in to the never never land between 2 and 10
>years from now!!!!!

Thank goodness that you have previously blazed the trail and will
be firmly established there to act as the NG's guide.

This is only fair since you seem so intent on rushing
rec.gambling.craps to the inevitable future that you have
foreseen.

--
Silence! This man says the sooth,
Mason

Dorothy Parker
"Oh, life is a glorious cycle of song,
A medley of extemporanea;
And love is a thing that can never go wrong;
And I am Marie of Romania."

John Kerr

Jul 27, 2001, 4:46:56 PM7/27/01
Naw Mason....I like the Group, may it live a thousand years!
Intelligence always wins out in the end, so I leave the "directorship"
to you! I am more the Don Quixiote type....The adventure is left up to
the random walk of "my" horse! The prediction was just an example of
"Gotts" theory which has proven very effective at predicting overall
events as relates to time life.

aparadim

Jul 27, 2001, 11:18:21 PM7/27/01
To follow some of the discussion of Gott III's views, .....
"J. Richard Gott III has written a now famous paper in the
December 6, 1997 New Scientist. His ideas were reprinted
in The New Yorker just recently. ......" (i.e...Timothy Ferris,
writing in the Annals of Science column, interviews Princeton
astrophysicist J. Richard Gott, who discusses probability and the
colonization of Mars among other things, in How to Predict Everything,
page 35 of the July 12th issue of the New Yorker magazine. or "How
to Predict Everything: J. Richart Gott III" July 12, 1999, pgs.
35-39. )
Then, go to;
http://www.fanac.org/fanzines/MT_Void/MT_Void-1817.html
Also See