Salmon Tacos

Mary Filmore

Sep 11, 2001, 10:13:33 AM9/11/01

This was an experiment one night when I had leftover salmon The original recipe
called for canned tuna, but it is so delicious with fresh fish I have prepared
it that way since.

Salmon Tacos

6 ounces cooked salmon (or Tuna)
1 cup chopped unpeeled ripe tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped green onions (1 onion, white and green parts)
1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1 tablespoon chopped seeded fresh green chile (Anaheim)
1 teaspoon freshly-squeezed lime juice
Salt and Pepper
Pico de gallo Sauce
8 Taco shells
Shredded lettuce
1 cup of grated mild cheese (Jack or Muenster)
2 Tbsp of Pamesan cheese

Make the Pico de Gallo sauce and place in serving bowl. Break apart salmon. Add
tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, chopped chiles, lime juice, salt and pepper.
Toss together in a serving bowl and keep cool. Place taco shells and cheese on
platters. Call everyone and let them assemble their own tacos. Delicious with
guacamole.

Pico de Gallo

3 tomatoes
1/2 onion
1/2 cup cilantro
4 serrano chiles
Salt and pepper
juice of 1/2 lime
dash garlic powder

Mince all ingredients and mix well in a bowl.

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting. Please send recipes, requests, questions or