Lemon Cream Fettuccine

1 view

Mary Filmore

May 13, 2001, 5:46:59 PM5/13/01
Lemon Cream Fettuccine

1 lb fettuccine
2 Tbsp Olive oil
2/3 cup onion, finely minced
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 tsp grated lemon rind
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 Tbsp Italian parsley, minced
2 tsp fresh basil, minced
salt and pepper to taste

Cook the fettuccine al dente. Mix the parsley and basil. Mix the olive oil
and 2 Tbsp butter in a saute pan. Cut the rest of the butter into thin pats
and let sit at room temperature. Add the onions and cook slowly until they
start to turn color. Add the lemon juice and raise the heat. Let about 1/3
of the lemon juice cook away. Add the lemon zest and whisk in the rest of
the butter to make a creamy sauce. Immediately pour it over the fettuccine.
Sprinkle the parsley and basil over the top and serve pronto. This is
delicate and creamy, but some members of my family like to gild the lily
with a little Parmesan, so I pass it in the side.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting. Please read the FAQ posted each week. Please