Spinach Ricotta Manicotti

1 view

Mary Filmore

May 13, 2001, 5:50:59 PM5/13/01
This started as a ravioli filling but I seem to be fixing it less often now
as ravioli and more often as manicotti or large shells because it is less
work.

1 lb. ricotta or 1/2 lb. ricotta and 1/2 lb. cream cheese
2 egg yolks
12/ cup Parmesan grated
1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach
1/4 cup minced Italian parsley
(2 Tbsp basil) optional
salt and pepper

Mix together. The original recipe called for the spinach to be defrosted
and squeezed dry. I did that for a while but now I just defrost the spinach
and mix the leaves and juices in with the ricotta. The juices give it a
better flavor but it makes it more green overall. I have started using the
whole egg - I suppose I hate to waste the whites or try to figure out what
to do with them. I also like the ricotta a little more firm. Fill the
manicotti and serve with warm marinara sauce to spoon over.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting. Please read the FAQ posted each week. Please