New York people ... accounted for??

Oh, Guess

Sep 11, 2001, 12:56:14 PM9/11/01
On this dark, sad, horrific, terrible day ...

I know for a fact that Andy Ager and his wife are
at home and safe - well, as "safe" as someone in NYC
*can* be on 2001-10-11, our generation's Day of Infamy.

Others - Pierre, Phil, Steve, any NYC lurkers - please
report in ASAP and let us know you're okay! PLEASE!!!
--
Nobody You Know

Peter Alexander

Sep 11, 2001, 3:49:55 PM9/11/01
On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 16:56:14 GMT, dSHOV...@LOUSYSPAM.net (Oh, Guess)
wrote:

Absolutely appalling news from your country Don. I still can't get to
grips with it. Yes let's be hearing from you boys.

Peter Alexander Chairman CAMRA Rochdale Oldham and Bury Branch,

Unless otherwise stated,the opinions stated here are personal. My CAMRA connections are given for information only.

Andrew D. Ager

Sep 11, 2001, 9:12:32 PM9/11/01
In article <3b9e41b8....@news.qwest.net>, Oh, Guess
<dSHOV...@LOUSYSPAM.net> wrote:

> On this dark, sad, horrific, terrible day ...
>
> I know for a fact that Andy Ager and his wife are
> at home and safe - well, as "safe" as someone in NYC
> *can* be on 2001-10-11, our generation's Day of Infamy.

Thanks, Don. We're sipping beer and being just generally stunned.
Also annoyed that the phone lines are all snarled up. Bleah.

> Others - Pierre, Phil, Steve, any NYC lurkers - please
> report in ASAP and let us know you're okay! PLEASE!!!

I know Dave Witzel headed home early in the day, from the west side of
midtown.

--
Andrew Ager
Brooklyn, NY

Dave Witzel

Sep 11, 2001, 9:58:13 PM9/11/01
"Andrew D. Ager" <real.a...@bottom.of.message> wrote in

And polishing off a bottle of Fin du Monde. I don't expect to be going to
work tomorrow.

The phone is ringing nonstop. I doubt I'll be sleeping much tonight either.
What I witnessed today was horrific -- and I was a couple miles away -- but
I hope no one else ever must go through such hell.

(By the way, it's 2001-09-11. Just trying to help.)

Dave W.

Oh, Guess

Sep 12, 2001, 1:11:02 AM9/12/01
On Wed, 12 Sep 2001 01:58:13 GMT, Dave Witzel
<djwi...@nyc.roadrunner.com> wrote:

>"Andrew D. Ager" <real.a...@bottom.of.message> wrote in
>
>> In article <3b9e41b8....@news.qwest.net>, Oh, Guess
>> <dSHOV...@LOUSYSPAM.net> wrote:
>>
>>> On this dark, sad, horrific, terrible day ...
>>>
>>> I know for a fact that Andy Ager and his wife are
>>> at home and safe - well, as "safe" as someone in NYC *can* be on
>>> 2001-10-11, our generation's Day of Infamy.

>> [...]

>(By the way, it's 2001-09-11. Just trying to help.)

D'oh! Yep, right. Anniversary of ... what, the PLO's
attack at the Munich Olympics? The Palestinian Mandate
of 1922?

Man, what a day. Went to a nice little beer tasting
Sunday night. Never would've thought to wake up to this
just a couple of days later.
--

Nobody You Know

Toby Guidry

Sep 12, 2001, 9:33:55 AM9/12/01
Thus spake Oh, Guess in <3b9eee0d....@news.qwest.net>:

>On Wed, 12 Sep 2001 01:58:13 GMT, Dave Witzel
><djwi...@nyc.roadrunner.com> wrote:
>
>>"Andrew D. Ager" <real.a...@bottom.of.message> wrote in

>>> [...]
>>
>>(By the way, it's 2001-09-11. Just trying to help.)
>
>D'oh! Yep, right. Anniversary of ... what, the PLO's
>attack at the Munich Olympics?

Nope. 1972-09-05, but 1972-09-11 was the last day of the games.

That's a hit. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,34198,00.html

>Man, what a day. Went to a nice little beer tasting
>Sunday night. Never would've thought to wake up to this
>just a couple of days later.

Watching the second plane hit (while getting coffee) and the first tower
collapse live on TV was surreal.

Toby
--
/ "Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess was
why several of us died of tuberculosis." - Jack Handey

http://strangebrew.home.mindspring.com

JW Steve

Sep 12, 2001, 10:40:10 AM9/12/01
wrote:

>On this dark, sad, horrific, terrible day ...

So far no bad news from my end, but I am sure some is coming with all
of the friends of friends and friends of family that could have been
down there.

I witnessed the whole horrible thing starting with a plane flying very
low over my head followed by a loud thud leading me to think, "did
that plane just hit the world trade center?" It took turning a corner
to find out. Things just got worse from that point.

Best wishes to anyone else in the city.

jw steve

Oh, Guess

Sep 12, 2001, 12:12:06 PM9/12/01
On Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:40:10 GMT, jw_s...@hotmail.com (JW Steve)
wrote:

>[...]

>So far no bad news from my end, but I am sure some is coming with all
>of the friends of friends and friends of family that could have been
>down there.

And Phil has checked in on alt.beer, and Dave W is here with us too.

>I witnessed the whole horrible thing starting with a plane flying very
>low over my head followed by a loud thud leading me to think, "did
>that plane just hit the world trade center?" It took turning a corner
>to find out. Things just got worse from that point.

Muh. Ther. Fuh. Ker.

>Best wishes to anyone else in the city.

Round 'em all up and go have a beer. Burp Castle,
dba, somewhere with good beer at the taps. Go for
at least a couple-three rounds.

Get everyone involved - you, Andy, Dave, Phil, Pierre
Jelenc. Have them all sign the bill. Then, send me
the bill. (Don't go to Lutece for your beer!)

I'll send a re-imbursement check to whomever sends
me the bill. These rounds are on me.
--
Nobody You Know

Dave Witzel

Sep 12, 2001, 1:03:26 PM9/12/01
dSHOV...@LOUSYSPAM.net (Oh, Guess) wrote in

Writing in this group helps take my mind off things.

Wish it were that easy, by the way. Everything south of 14th St. is off-
limits today.

Anyone who wants to come uptown, first round's on me. Second round can be
yours, Don.

Dave W.

Bill Coleman

Sep 12, 2001, 2:03:29 PM9/12/01
The Malted Barley Appreciation Society had a meeting scheduled
for tonight at Mugs Ale House in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Though there is no
reason to fear
any particular danger at this point, and nothing is closed in that borough,
we decided
to cancel our official meeting, because many of our members come from
or through Manhattan, and it may be difficult to get back and forth into
Brooklyn
tonight. I was particularly worried that some folks might not be able to get
back
into Manhattan after the meeting.

As one of the few actual Brooklyn (even Williamburg) residents in the club,
I plan on going to Mugs, and will meet anyone who didn't get the notice
about
this. I plan to toast everyone who suffered through this tragedy.

Bill Coleman

===============

"Dave Witzel" <djwi...@nyc.roadrunner.com> wrote in message

Dr H

Sep 12, 2001, 2:40:44 PM9/12/01

Most of my relatives in the area are accounted for; the few that aren't
are supposedly out of the country. I'm still waiting to hear about
some friends in the City.

Fucking shit.

Hang in there, New Yorkers!

Dr H

MikeMcG

Sep 12, 2001, 7:05:39 PM9/12/01
just wanted to add my sad, best wishes to you fine folks on t'other side of
the pond.

glad people here seem accounted for (?)

the Dad of a brewing-friend's girlfriend was in a buidling nearby, but
thankfully got home O.K.

love, luck & good beer to you all,
Mike.

Lauren-n-n-n-n

Sep 12, 2001, 7:36:52 PM9/12/01
all my NYers and DCers were accounted for. i went out last night and got
pretty drunk (rogue's 5K ... very sweet and packed quite a punch). went out to
a park afterward to look at the stars ... my first time in 34 years of life
that there were no planes in the sky. it was eerie.

Lauren!
(take out the "nojunk" to reply)
beer drinking, sax playing, baseball junkie on a rampage ... beware!

Lew Bryson

Sep 12, 2001, 10:35:57 PM9/12/01
"Lauren-n-n-n-n" <sax...@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message

> all my NYers and DCers were accounted for. i went out last night and got
> pretty drunk (rogue's 5K ... very sweet and packed quite a punch). went
out to
> a park afterward to look at the stars ... my first time in 34 years of
life
> that there were no planes in the sky. it was eerie.

In the ten years we've lived here (good God, I've lived in the same place
for ten years...), there have ALWAYS been three jetliners overhead, any hour
of the day or night, high, but overhead. It is bizarre and disturbing to see
none.

Ummm... Not to talk about beer or anything, but, uh... Where'd you get the
Rogue 5K? I had some of that in Portland and wouldn't mind more.

--
Lew Bryson

God Bless America.

Bill Goodman

Sep 13, 2001, 6:03:07 AM9/13/01
Lew Bryson wrote:

> In the ten years we've lived here (good God, I've lived in the same
> place for ten years...), there have ALWAYS been three jetliners
> overhead, any hour of the day or night, high, but overhead. It is
> bizarre and disturbing to see none.

And then even more bizarre and disturbing to see some last night when I
didn't expect, flying @ very high altitude over the Philly metro
area...fighter jets I presume.

Pierre Jelenc

Sep 13, 2001, 4:31:35 PM9/13/01
Oh, Guess <dSHOV...@LOUSYSPAM.net> writes:

> Others - Pierre, Phil, Steve, any NYC lurkers - please
> report in ASAP and let us know you're okay! PLEASE!!!

Everything OK here, but severe connectivity problems until this afternoon.

d.b.a. was open Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Everybody appears to be
accounted for.

Pierre
--
Pierre Jelenc | H o m e O f f i c e R e c o r d s
| * The Dan Emery Mystery Band * Pawnshop *
T h e G i g o m e t e r | * The Cucumbers * RAW Kinder *
www.thegigometer.com | www.homeofficerecords.com

Lauren-n-n-n-n

Sep 14, 2001, 12:35:58 AM9/14/01
>Ummm... Not to talk about beer or anything, but, uh... Where'd you get the
>Rogue 5K? I had some of that in Portland and wouldn't mind more

the drafting room in exton. they have it on tap and, according to the menu,
they're the only place in pa? maybe the east coast? that has it.

if you decide to stop by, let me know, i'll join you. :)

Oh, Guess

Sep 14, 2001, 1:02:46 AM9/14/01
On 13 Sep 2001 20:31:35 GMT, rc...@panix.com (Pierre Jelenc) wrote:

>Oh, Guess <dSHOV...@LOUSYSPAM.net> writes:
>>
>> Others - Pierre, Phil, Steve, any NYC lurkers - please
>> report in ASAP and let us know you're okay! PLEASE!!!
>
>Everything OK here, but severe connectivity problems until this afternoon.
>
>d.b.a. was open Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Everybody appears to be
>accounted for.

Good to hear it. This is going to be a long, painful
time of recovery ... hang in there.
--

Nobody You Know

Steve

Sep 14, 2001, 10:29:44 PM9/14/01
I am alive and feel lucky, I was about 1/2 mile away. Everyone was on edge
because of the WTC crashes, some were talking of leaving. I saw the jet
just before it crashed. Something big and silver, nose down going aimed
like a dart straight into it. The fireball was huge, 10 stories high and
our building shook hard. Everyone in our two towers ran to the fire
escapes. Most not knowing what exactly was happening. I had more fear
because I saw what happened. Had visions of jets flying into the buildings
in Pentagon City. It was comforting to finaly see the fighters arrive 10
minutes later.