Potato fudge recipe?

MannaPubl

Feb 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/15/98

Hello all. First time post for me -- please excuse me if I am not posting this
correctly:)

I am looking for a recipe for mashed potato fudge. It's a way to use leftover
MP's, and it is probably very similar to the receipe sometimes used as a center
for chocolate-covered Easter eggs.

My co-workers thought I was making this up! Has anyone heard of this?

Thanks in advance,
Suzanne Pettinato
Mann...@aol.com

Elizabeth & Keith Falkner

Feb 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/15/98
to MannaPubl

Suzanne,

Serve them this and say "I told you so":

http://sunsite.auc.dk/recipes/english/o0120449.html

Elizabeth

Rich Byrnes

Feb 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/16/98

MannaPubl wrote:

> Hello all. First time post for me -- please excuse me if I am not posting this
> correctly:)
>
> I am looking for a recipe for mashed potato fudge. It's a way to use leftover
> MP's, and it is probably very similar to the receipe sometimes used as a center
> for chocolate-covered Easter eggs.
>
> My co-workers thought I was making this up! Has anyone heard of this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Suzanne Pettinato
> Mann...@aol.com

Heres a sampler for ya, enjoy!

MASHED POTATO CANDY

1/4 cup mashed potatoes (1 sm. potato)
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
Dash salt
1 lb box powdered sugar
Peanut butter

Mix together all ingredients, except peanut butter. Add sugar until
dough consistency. Roll out onto powdered sugar dusted bread board or
waxed
paper. Spread peanut butter all over. Roll it up like a jelly roll
loaf.

and there's:

MASHED POTATO FUDGE
from: Potpourri of Cooking

1/2 Cup cooked,potatoes, mashed
2 tablespoons soft butter or margarine
1 pound confectioners'sugar
3 squares cooking chocolate, softened and melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
dash of salt

Put mashed potaotes into a mixing bowl. Add soft butter and mix. Add
confectioners' sugar, mix well. Add vanilla to melted chocolate, then
add
with salt to the mashed potato mix. Chill. Coconut may be added. Cut
into
bars or squares.
Place in refrigerator to chill. Slice 1/4-inch thick.

and close is:

Potato Candy

Recipe By : "Homemade Happiness" St.Anne's Parish, Caribou, Maine

3/4 cup mashed potatoes -- cold
4 cups confectioner's sugar
4 cups coconut -- chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 squares baking chocolate (sweet or semisweet)

Mix Potatoes and confectioners sugar. Stir in coconut, vanilla and salt.
Blend well. Press into one large or two small pans, so
candy will be 1/2 inch thick. Melt chocolate over hot water, do not let
water boil. Pour chocolate on top of candy, cool and cut
in squares. For variations, make haystacks, by forming white mixture
into cones 1 inch high. Allow to stand uncovered for 20
minutes. Dip base of each cone in melted chocolate. Place on waxed paper
until chocolate hardens. Yields about 100
haystacks.

Rich Byrnes