Add "cookerybook.com" to your killfiles!

CatMandy99

Apr 12, 2001, 12:18:53 PM4/12/01
She's at it again...
Mrs. B must have gotten lonely, feeling like no one was reading her posts...
so she changed her name again.
Troll-bitch!
Sheryl
(Remove the crap to email)
Live like there's no tomorrow...
Love like you've never been hurt,
and Dance like there's nobody watching.

BigWaveDave

Apr 12, 2001, 12:44:44 PM4/12/01
> Troll-bitch!

I like it. It's got a good ring to it. But, does anyone know/care if she
really is a woman? Not just a 12 year-old boy?

Dave

--
Some people never find it, some only pretend
But me, I just want to live happily ever after, every now and then

Visit our homepage: http://webpages.charter.net/gdhaus
Spam me, not. To reply, change the ".not" to ".net."

"CatMandy99" <catma...@aol.comcrap> wrote in message

Mrs.B

Apr 13, 2001, 1:34:47 PM4/13/01

"BigWaveDave" <gdweb...@charter.not> wrote in message

> > Troll-bitch!
>
> I like it. It's got a good ring to it. But, does anyone know/care if she
> really is a woman? Not just a 12 year-old boy?
>
> Dave
>
> --
> Some people never find it, some only pretend
> But me, I just want to live happily ever after, every now and then
>
> Visit our homepage: http://webpages.charter.net/gdhaus
> Spam me, not. To reply, change the ".not" to ".net."
>
> "CatMandy99" <catma...@aol.comcrap> wrote in message
> > She's at it again...
> > Mrs. B must have gotten lonely, feeling like no one was reading her
> posts...
> > so she changed her name again.
> > Troll-bitch!
> > Sheryl
> > (Remove the crap to email)

Could you tell me where I can save the name I use? I go to
newsgroups-properties and type my name but it doesn't save it if I alter the
name for another newsgroup.

blake murphy

Apr 17, 2001, 7:51:25 AM4/17/01
On 12 Apr 2001 16:18:53 GMT, catma...@aol.comcrap (CatMandy99)
wrote:

>She's at it again...
>Mrs. B must have gotten lonely, feeling like no one was reading her posts...
>so she changed her name again.
>Troll-bitch!
>Sheryl

why do people keep insisting she's a troll? she seems as good a
citizen as most i've seen here. i think you're getting a little
paranoid.

your pal,
blake

Darkginger

Apr 17, 2001, 8:00:36 AM4/17/01

Mrs.B <Mr...@cookerybook.com> wrote

> Could you tell me where I can save the name I use? I go to
> newsgroups-properties and type my name but it doesn't save it if I alter
the
> name for another newsgroup.

I don't think there's a way to actually save it in Outlook Express (most
people use the same name for all the newsgroups they read) - but how about
creating a text file (use Notepad) with it in, and then just copy/pasting
(CtrlC/CrtlV) it in when you change back to the name you use here? That way
it would be the same every time.

Hope that helps - let me know if it didn't make any sense to you!

Jo

Jack Schidt

Apr 17, 2001, 8:06:23 AM4/17/01

"blake murphy" <bla...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Agreed. Even if she was a troll, she's been getting more
feedings than anyone I've seen here. There's been a really
disappointing Salem Witch Hunt mentality here as well.

Jack Sheep

Curly Sue

Apr 17, 2001, 8:04:51 AM4/17/01
On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:51:25 GMT, bla...@ix.netcom.com (blake murphy)
wrote:

One sign is that she keeps changing her identity information so as to
avoid killfiles. In other words she *wants* to annoy people,
particularly those who want to avoid her by putting her in a killfile.
She's aggressively taunting them, which is pretty troll-like.

Sue(tm)

sue at interport dotnet

Richard Caley

Apr 17, 2001, 9:20:34 AM4/17/01
In article <3adc3023...@news.rcn.com>, Curly Sue (cs) writes:

cs> One sign is that she keeps changing her identity information so as to
cs> avoid killfiles. In other words she *wants* to annoy people,
cs> particularly those who want to avoid her by putting her in a killfile.
cs> She's aggressively taunting them, which is pretty troll-like.

I see no indication she does it for that reason, unike say `margali'
who did and earned a place in my killfile for doing so.

`Mrs B' seems to be just someone who wants to do things with her
newsreader which she can't do properly. As the `Subject:' line points
out, she's not hard to get rid of if you really care.

--
Mail me as rjc not s...@cstr.ed.ac.uk _O_
|<

Dog3

Apr 17, 2001, 12:12:11 PM4/17/01

"blake murphy" <bla...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

Blake, dude you're flopping around in the bottom of the boat on
this one. Hook, line and sinker.

Michael

zxcvbob

Apr 17, 2001, 12:14:39 PM4/17/01

So, if she weighs the same as a duck... BURN HER!

Best regards,
Bob

"I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition!"

Curly Sue

Apr 17, 2001, 3:08:44 PM4/17/01
On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 13:20:34 GMT, Richard Caley <s...@cstr.ed.ac.uk>
wrote:

>In article <3adc3023...@news.rcn.com>, Curly Sue (cs) writes:
>
>cs> One sign is that she keeps changing her identity information so as to
>cs> avoid killfiles. In other words she *wants* to annoy people,
>cs> particularly those who want to avoid her by putting her in a killfile.
>cs> She's aggressively taunting them, which is pretty troll-like.
>
>I see no indication she does it for that reason, unike say `margali'
>who did and earned a place in my killfile for doing so.

I don't buy it. I generally agree with "don't ascribe anything to
malice that can be explained by stupidity;" however this has been
going on too long (as per complaints about it) and she has only just
answered the issue with the "How do I do this?" post, if you believe
it, which apparently you do.

>`Mrs B' seems to be just someone who wants to do things with her
>newsreader which she can't do properly.

If she can manage to log in and use the same password each time, how
difficult could it be to type in the same letters in the identity
field when she uses the newsreader?

Mrs.B

Apr 17, 2001, 4:09:21 PM4/17/01

"Curly Sue" <s...@addressin.sig> wrote in message

Funny this but I'll explain. I have made a note of my `name' to avoid you
all thinking I was `trolling' and tonight I visited another newsgroup and
when I returned to this newsgroup I typed in my `Mrs.B blah blah ' and blow
me, I got it wrong. I hadn't really placed any real importance on all this.
I have learned quite a bit but you haven't half all pitched in for no reason
really. :) :)

> sue at interport dotnet

Richard Caley

Apr 17, 2001, 4:25:10 PM4/17/01
In article <3adc933...@news.rcn.com>, Curly Sue (cs) writes:

cs> If she can manage to log in and use the same password each time, how
cs> difficult could it be to type in the same letters in the identity
cs> field when she uses the newsreader?

Why would she have to type in a password every time?

Besides, the computer tells you hwne the password is wrong.

Curly Sue

Apr 17, 2001, 5:03:12 PM4/17/01
On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 20:25:10 GMT, Richard Caley <s...@cstr.ed.ac.uk>
wrote:

>In article <3adc933...@news.rcn.com>, Curly Sue (cs) writes:

>cs> If she can manage to log in and use the same password each time, how
>cs> difficult could it be to type in the same letters in the identity
>cs> field when she uses the newsreader?
>
>Why would she have to type in a password every time?

Good. Then why would she have to type in her name every time she uses
the newsreader? If she can figure out how to use her newsreader well
enough to post abundantly, she can figure out how to enter her
identity where it is stored, generally they ask you when you install
them and one does not subsequently change it.

If she can't figure that out and has such a time remembering who she
is, all she has to do is tattoo it on the palm of her hand and it's
right there when she wants it.

Curly Sue

Apr 17, 2001, 5:12:14 PM4/17/01
On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 21:09:21 +0100, "Mrs.B" <Mr...@cookerybook.com>
wrote:

>"Curly Sue" <s...@addressin.sig> wrote in message

>> If she can manage to log in and use the same password each time, how

>> difficult could it be to type in the same letters in the identity
>> field when she uses the newsreader?
>

>Funny this but I'll explain. I have made a note of my `name' to avoid you
>all thinking I was `trolling' and tonight I visited another newsgroup and
>when I returned to this newsgroup I typed in my `Mrs.B blah blah ' and blow
>me, I got it wrong. I hadn't really placed any real importance on all this.
>I have learned quite a bit but you haven't half all pitched in for no reason
>really. :) :)

Sheryl has been complaining about this for a while now. If you let
her killfile you you will be invisible to her and anyone else you
annoy, for whatever reason. They will be happy, you will be happy,
the rest of us will be happy because both of you are happy. Happy,
happy... joy, joy.

A suggestion: if you have any friends who are adept with software,
ask them to set up a separate newsreader for each of your secret
identities.

Sue(tm)

sue at interport dotnet

Dog3

Apr 17, 2001, 6:09:23 PM4/17/01

"Mrs.B" <Mr...@cookerybook.com> wrote in message

What in Gawd's name are you talking about. "haven't half all
pitched in for no reason"?! Please clarify what this is supposed
to mean.

Michael

Dog3

Apr 17, 2001, 6:07:25 PM4/17/01

"Curly Sue" <s...@addressin.sig> wrote in message

I don't buy it either. She's adroit at morphing. I seriously
doubt she's prompted to enter her name every time she posts. It's
a crock she's feeding us and it's not homemade kraut either.

> >`Mrs B' seems to be just someone who wants to do things with
her
> >newsreader which she can't do properly.
>
> If she can manage to log in and use the same password each time,
how
> difficult could it be to type in the same letters in the
identity
> field when she uses the newsreader?

Why would she bother in the first place? If she's that
incompetent, perhaps different newsreaders for all her many faces?

Michael <- can not stand Martha Stewart and it sure as hell isn't
out of envy.

Dog3

Apr 17, 2001, 6:10:36 PM4/17/01

writes:

> cs> If she can manage to log in and use the same password each
time, how
> cs> difficult could it be to type in the same letters in the
identity
> cs> field when she uses the newsreader?
>
> Why would she have to type in a password every time?
>
> Besides, the computer tells you hwne the password is wrong.

She doesn't if she's asked Windows to remember the password at
every logon <snort>. A hackers dream.

Michael

Steve Kramer

Apr 17, 2001, 6:08:01 PM4/17/01
Curly Sue wrote:

> I don't buy it. I generally agree with "don't ascribe anything to
> malice that can be explained by stupidity;" however this has been
> going on too long (as per complaints about it)

[SNIP]

Perhaps the rest of the quote gives the answer;
"Never ascribe to malice those things which may be explained by
stupidity. That is an important phrase, and a necessary one; it keeps
people from being paranoid. However, it has a serious flaw of which most
people are unaware; it means that those who are both evil and clever
need only mask their malice in a thin veil of apparent stupidity in
order for that malice to go undetected. " ...Robert Canup

Steve
Osaka, Japan

Two years, seven months, four weeks, 1 hour, 7 minutes and 33 seconds.
29131 cigarettes not smoked, saving $5,097.99. Life used for a better
purpose: 14 weeks, 3 days, 3 hours, 35 minutes.

--
I wish to live my life deliberately, to front the essential facts
of life; to suck the very marrow of life and see if I can learn what it

Richard Thats Dr Fatso to You Caley

Apr 17, 2001, 5:52:58 PM4/17/01
In article <3adcae3c...@news.rcn.com>, Curly Sue (cs) writes:

cs> Good. Then why would she have to type in her name every time she uses
cs> the newsreader?

Because she seemingly wants to change it between groups. This is, of
course, weird, but not trollish. Of course a sane weirdo would find a
news reader which let her do it.

Curly Sue

Apr 17, 2001, 6:24:13 PM4/17/01
On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 21:52:58 GMT, Richard Thats Dr Fatso to You Caley
<s...@cstr.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

"Dr. Fatso?"

Miche

Apr 17, 2001, 6:31:17 PM4/17/01
In article <87elurw...@bast.r.caley.org.uk>, Richard Caley
<s...@cstr.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> In article <3adc933...@news.rcn.com>, Curly Sue (cs) writes:
>
> cs> If she can manage to log in and use the same password each time, how
> cs> difficult could it be to type in the same letters in the identity
> cs> field when she uses the newsreader?
>
> Why would she have to type in a password every time?

I type a password every time I get online; my computer is out in a public
area and I don't want others using the internet connection without
permission.

> Besides, the computer tells you hwne the password is wrong.

<grin> That is true.

Miche

--
"... in the physics of the heart, distance is relative;
it is time that is absolute."

Jack B

Apr 17, 2001, 6:38:55 PM4/17/01
Steve Kramer wrote:

> Curly Sue wrote:
>
> > I don't buy it. I generally agree with "don't ascribe anything to
> > malice that can be explained by stupidity;" however this has been
> > going on too long (as per complaints about it)
> [SNIP]
>
> Perhaps the rest of the quote gives the answer;
> "Never ascribe to malice those things which may be explained by
> stupidity. That is an important phrase, and a necessary one; it keeps
> people from being paranoid. However, it has a serious flaw of which most
> people are unaware; it means that those who are both evil and clever
> need only mask their malice in a thin veil of apparent stupidity in
> order for that malice to go undetected. " ...Robert Canup
>
> Steve
> Osaka, Japan

Ahh. So she's a witch then. Since we have divined her clever technique
and motive.

--
Jack

Damsel in dis Dress

Apr 17, 2001, 6:46:35 PM4/17/01
Richard Thats Dr Fatso to You Caley <s...@cstr.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

>In article <3adcae3c...@news.rcn.com>, Curly Sue (cs) writes:
>
>cs> Good. Then why would she have to type in her name every time she uses
>cs> the newsreader?
>
>Because she seemingly wants to change it between groups. This is, of
>course, weird, but not trollish. Of course a sane weirdo would find a
>news reader which let her do it.

Agent will let you set up different names and stuff for each newsgroup.
Anyone have a URL where it can be downloaded?

Damsel
--
Damsel's Unofficial Web Home of RFC:
http://home.att.net/~edible-complex/rfc/

Gargoylle

Apr 17, 2001, 7:12:17 PM4/17/01
On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 22:46:35 GMT, Damsel in dis Dress
<dam...@spam-me-not.postmark.net> wrote:

>Agent will let you set up different names and stuff for each newsgroup.
>Anyone have a URL where it can be downloaded?
>
>Damsel

You can get agent and free agent both here:

http://www.forteinc.com/

http://jlbradley.home.att.net/LANCE1.HTM

The free version is very good. The full version dramatically improves
usenet capabilities.

Gar

Gargoylle

Apr 17, 2001, 7:12:04 PM4/17/01
On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 17:07:25 -0500, "Dog3" <do...@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>Michael <- can not stand Martha Stewart and it sure as hell isn't
>out of envy.

lmao..I envy the restraining order her ex had to put on her.

Gar

Miche

Apr 17, 2001, 7:57:32 PM4/17/01

> Steve Kramer wrote:
> >
> > Curly Sue wrote:
> >
> > > I don't buy it. I generally agree with "don't ascribe anything to
> > > malice that can be explained by stupidity;" however this has been
> > > going on too long (as per complaints about it)
> > [SNIP]
> >
> > Perhaps the rest of the quote gives the answer;
> > "Never ascribe to malice those things which may be explained by
> > stupidity. That is an important phrase, and a necessary one; it keeps
> > people from being paranoid. However, it has a serious flaw of which most
> > people are unaware; it means that those who are both evil and clever
> > need only mask their malice in a thin veil of apparent stupidity in
> > order for that malice to go undetected. " ...Robert Canup
> >
> > Steve
> > Osaka, Japan
>
> Ahh. So she's a witch then. Since we have divined her clever technique
> and motive.

Yes, but does she weigh the same as a duck?

Jack B

Apr 17, 2001, 8:08:39 PM4/17/01
Miche wrote:

> In article <3ADCC5FF...@bohnhoff.com>, ja...@bohnhoff.com wrote:
>
> > Steve Kramer wrote:

> > > [SNIP]
> > >
> > > Perhaps the rest of the quote gives the answer;
> > > "Never ascribe to malice those things which may be explained by
> > > stupidity. That is an important phrase, and a necessary one; it keeps
> > > people from being paranoid. However, it has a serious flaw of which most
> > > people are unaware; it means that those who are both evil and clever
> > > need only mask their malice in a thin veil of apparent stupidity in
> > > order for that malice to go undetected. " ...Robert Canup
> > >
> > > Steve
> > > Osaka, Japan
> >
> > Ahh. So she's a witch then. Since we have divined her clever technique
> > and motive.
>
> Yes, but does she weigh the same as a duck?
>
> Miche

Knowing that would certainly settle the matter, but is difficult over
usenet. We'll likely have to continue the divination of postings.

--
Jack

Rosie Miller

Apr 17, 2001, 9:32:10 PM4/17/01
<s...@cstr.ed.ac.uk> writes:

>Why would she have to type in a password every time?
>
>Besides, the computer tells you hwne the password is wrong.
>
>--

I type in a password every time, I don't want someone else getting into my
secret files....
Rosie

Harry A. Demidavicius

Apr 17, 2001, 9:59:50 PM4/17/01
On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 22:46:35 GMT, Damsel in dis Dress
<dam...@spam-me-not.postmark.net> wrote:

>Richard Thats Dr Fatso to You Caley <s...@cstr.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>>In article <3adcae3c...@news.rcn.com>, Curly Sue (cs) writes:
>>
>>cs> Good. Then why would she have to type in her name every time she uses
>>cs> the newsreader?
>>
>>Because she seemingly wants to change it between groups. This is, of
>>course, weird, but not trollish. Of course a sane weirdo would find a
>>news reader which let her do it.
>
>Agent will let you set up different names and stuff for each newsgroup.
>Anyone have a URL where it can be downloaded?
>
>Damsel

<www.forteinc.com

Harry
[Posting from the Home of the Calgary Cook-In. main Event
Saturday June 16th, 2001]

Martha Hughes

Apr 17, 2001, 11:34:05 PM4/17/01

Gargoylle <garg...@postmaster.co.uk> wrote in message

I love it that when anyone says they don't like someone famous, someone else
says it's because of envy. Please, I don't envy the fact that my hair looks
brushed and beautiful, that my smile is genuine, and that I have a wonderful
boyfriend who loves me, all of which the stewart creature doesn't have.

Dog3

Apr 17, 2001, 11:37:33 PM4/17/01

"Richard Thats Dr Fatso to You Caley" <s...@cstr.ed.ac.uk> wrote in
message news:873db7w...@bast.r.caley.org.uk...

She needs to go to AOL. They'll give her 7 different
personalities which can be deleted and new ones added. The old
ones can be recovered within 6 months and the new ones deleted.
On and on. As long as she rotates the names on a regular basis,
she could have dozens if not hundreds of different personalities.

Michael

Dog3

Apr 17, 2001, 11:41:59 PM4/17/01

"Jack B" <ja...@bohnhoff.com> wrote in message

Let's stick her in the time capsule and send her back to Salem.

Michael

Dog3

Apr 17, 2001, 11:40:42 PM4/17/01

"Gargoylle" <garg...@postmaster.co.uk> wrote in message

What?! That's a juicy tid-bit that escaped my attention. Must
have been when she was first starting out. What'd she do, stalk
him constantly until he financed her with venture capital?

Michael

Dog3

Apr 17, 2001, 11:44:26 PM4/17/01

"Rosie Miller" <rmi10...@aol.com> wrote in message

What's in those files Rosie <G> Whatcha' hidin' in there?

Michael <- thinks Rosie is trying to corner the asparagus recipe
market and has the recipes locked up tighter than Chase Manhattan
Bank.

Michael

The Ranger

Apr 18, 2001, 12:05:36 AM4/18/01
Mrs.B tried to prove she wasn't a troll by typing:
>>>[snip avoiding killfiles]
>>[snip "I don't buy it]
[snip incompetence]

>Funny this but I'll explain. I have made a note of my `name'
>to avoid you all thinking I was `trolling' and tonight I visited
[snip remain bull$hit]

You've been proved a liar. Don't add proving yourself the fool, too.

The Ranger

Dog3

Apr 18, 2001, 1:19:37 AM4/18/01

"Martha Hughes" <bast...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

I think Martha Stewart needs a busload of unruly children running
amuck at one of her estate houses for an entire weekend.

Michael

Martha Hughes

Apr 18, 2001, 1:24:03 AM4/18/01
Dog3 <do...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> > I love it that when anyone says they don't like someone famous,
> someone else
> > says it's because of envy. Please, I don't envy the fact that my
> hair looks
> > brushed and beautiful, that my smile is genuine, and that I have
> a wonderful
> > boyfriend who loves me, all of which the stewart creature
> doesn't have.
>
> I think Martha Stewart needs a busload of unruly children running
> amuck at one of her estate houses for an entire weekend.
>
> Michael

Oh, the vision of that excites me so. Thank you, Michael. : )

Michael Odom

Apr 18, 2001, 3:29:58 AM4/18/01

Yeah, I'm imagining Martha's marinated kiddie kebabs as I type, or
maybe she could tea smoke them in the old lawn mower detailing shed.

M.Odom is at modom at koyote dot com

"You'll have to sew them back on first."

-- Basil Fawlty

Dog3

Apr 18, 2001, 2:38:49 AM4/18/01

"Michael Odom" <mo...@CowHill.nueces> wrote in message

I can just picture it now. After the first day she develops a
nervous tic. Shingles set in and she looses it.

Michael

Miche

Apr 18, 2001, 4:54:26 AM4/18/01
In article <3ADD4D15...@osb.att.ne.jp>, Steve Kramer
<stev...@osb.att.ne.jp> wrote:

> Miche wrote:
> >
> > In article <3ADCC5FF...@bohnhoff.com>, ja...@bohnhoff.com wrote:

> > > Ahh. So she's a witch then. Since we have divined her clever technique
> > > and motive.
> >
> > Yes, but does she weigh the same as a duck?
>

> Have you been reading the rec.photo newsgroup? Someone just posted the
> same question two days ago!

Nope, not me.

Greykits

Apr 18, 2001, 5:12:31 AM4/18/01
>d> She needs to go to AOL.
>
>Now, that's the nastiest thing anyone has said about her yet!

I am on aol, and am not green and don't have 3 eyes. I know that we have a bad
reputation, probably just because there are more of us, so, hence, more trolls.

One can become used to a provider, and one's main contacts get used to you with
your screenname. I've considered switching isp's, but I'm so used to this, and
people can reach me......I mean, like family and friends.....So, it's aol for
me.....it works for me now.

And, our Mrs. Beeton can join me here. It's not as if I fear her or anything,
and she is not out to ruin my life, as I know it. By the way, what's your first
name, Mrs. B?

All of us on aol can be put in a corner by some. It can be so silly, this
snobbishness. All I know is that when I signed up for the 100 free hours on
aol a couple of years ago, I didn't know that it would be such a long, strange
trip. And, it's fun!
karlie

Jean B.

Apr 18, 2001, 5:30:35 AM4/18/01
Richard Caley wrote:

> In article <3adcc23b...@news.rcn.com>, Curly Sue (cs) writes:
>
> cs> "Dr. Fatso?"
>
> I thought I'd play with my name.

> --
> Mail me as rjc not s...@cstr.ed.ac.uk _O_
> |<

Gee, maybe we should all do that! Just joking, but that would make it
so we never knew who anyone was unless we did a lot of detective work.

Jean B.

Richard Caley

Apr 18, 2001, 6:20:32 AM4/18/01
In article <20010418051231...@ng-cv1.aol.com>, Greykits (g) writes:

g> I am on aol, and am not green and don't have 3 eyes.

Damn! there go my xenophile fantasies.

g> I know that we have a bad reputation, probably just because there
g> are more of us, so, hence, more trolls.

Also AOL irritates people, so their clients get tarred with the same brush.

g> One can become used to a provider, and one's main contacts get used to you with
g> your screenname. I've considered switching isp's, but I'm so used to this, and
g> people can reach me......I mean, like family and friends.....So, it's aol for
g> me.....it works for me now.

Most important hing I did when I stopped working for the University
was to get an email address I could control myself. Not going to post
it here though, you know how it is with spam. :-(

Anyway, it may be worth looking around for that kind of thing. I've
been thinking about getting a phone number I could do the same thing
with. I've seen discussions of that but no one has tried to sell one
to me.

Young

Apr 18, 2001, 7:57:20 AM4/18/01
Darkginger wrote:

> Call me
> weird - but I've also been guilty of asking what may seem to be inane
> questions to US readers - like 'what is a Cornish Hen?', 'what is a chipotle
> (sp?) chili'?.

Those aren't inane questions at all. Now, if you posted a couple dozen
identically worded posts like that, people would wonder about you.

> Nobody seemed to take offence! Personally, I think life is
> too short to get your knickers in a twist over a few posts to a newsgroup.

I don't think anyone's knickers are in a twist ... that would be
vastly overstating how much people care about this person with the
everchanging name. I do feel badly that people go out of their way
to answer questions when the person asking couldn't care less about
the answer. As I said, maybe at least someone else will learn
something they wondered about.

nancy

Young

Apr 18, 2001, 8:29:32 AM4/18/01
Dog3 wrote:

> "Gargoylle" <garg...@postmaster.co.uk> wrote in message

> > lmao..I envy the restraining order her ex had to put on her.

> > Gar
>
> What?! That's a juicy tid-bit that escaped my attention. Must
> have been when she was first starting out. What'd she do, stalk
> him constantly until he financed her with venture capital?
>
> Michael

I have an early tape of hers, a Thanksgiving show. She was still
married. He was the most miserable looking man I've seen in a long
time. He wanted to be anywhere but there ... and I gather that
anywhere was with some other woman.

Having said that, I wouldn't want to be Martha's friend, and you can
bet your last dollar I wouldn't want to work for her, but the same
can be said for a lot of very successful men. I love my sil, but she
overmanages her staff. She's a perfectionist extroadinaire. She
doesn't own a multimillion dollar business because she's shy and
retiring. Good for her. But I wouldn't want to work for her.

I think Martha takes way too much flack. Particularly insulting is
the assertion that she makes women feel inferior that they don't
maintain the perfect facade. Hello, I think we're a little stronger
than that. My ego is not wrapped up in 'should I use the burgundy
ribbon or the brocade?' No one I know is like that.

Also, I haven't watch many of her shows, but she seems as though
she often mentions her staff and that they did the work. I saw the
guy that stripped some chairs, she brought him on camera. I saw her
new offices, she showed rooms full of staff. Not very happy looking
staff, but staff nonetheless.

As I said, I don't think she deserves all the criticism. She's a
businesswoman. Good for her.

nancy

Dog3

Apr 18, 2001, 9:02:20 AM4/18/01

"Greykits" <grey...@aol.com> wrote in message

> >d> She needs to go to AOL.
> >
> >Now, that's the nastiest thing anyone has said about her yet!
>
> I am on aol, and am not green and don't have 3 eyes. I know
that we have a bad
> reputation, probably just because there are more of us, so,
hence, more trolls.

I wasn't being critical, my point was, she would never be *forced*
to type in her name when logging on, if that is truly the case
(which I strongly doubt). I have 4 different ISPs. AOL is one of
them. I keep it on the 4.95/5 hours a month plan. My young niece
uses AOL and I keep it to send emails back and forth with her.
She hasn't quite grasped the @ISP.Whatever concept yet but she's
catching on quickly and will probably be hacking the Pentagon
shortly <G>

> One can become used to a provider, and one's main contacts get
used to you with
> your screenname. I've considered switching isp's, but I'm so
used to this, and
> people can reach me......I mean, like family and friends.....So,
it's aol for
> me.....it works for me now.

AOLers have climbed the ladder one notch from the bottom. Web
TVers seem to be the new Usenet contenders for the Troll Awards.
I don't care what ISP a person uses as long as they contribute in
a positive manner. I don't mind foul language. I love to curse.

> And, our Mrs. Beeton can join me here. It's not as if I fear
her or anything,
> and she is not out to ruin my life, as I know it. By the way,
what's your first
> name, Mrs. B?
>
> All of us on aol can be put in a corner by some. It can be so
silly, this
> snobbishness. All I know is that when I signed up for the 100
free hours on
> aol a couple of years ago, I didn't know that it would be such a
long, strange
> trip. And, it's fun!
> karlie

Karlie, take some time and study the evolution of Usenet. Before
AOL invaded Usenet back in the 80s and early 90s, Usenet was a
safe haven full of educational and informative information. Then
AOL inundated Usenet with the "me toos", trolling and various
Netiquette faux paux. You can't blame the old school for being
resentful of these snide, obnoxious invaders with ignorance
dripping from the fingertips.

Michael

Dog3

Apr 18, 2001, 9:07:55 AM4/18/01

"Darkginger" <darkg...@iol.ie> wrote in message

> Dog3 <do...@mindspring.com> wrote
>

> > What in Gawd's name are you talking about. "haven't half all
> > pitched in for no reason"?! Please clarify what this is
supposed
> > to mean.
> >
> > Michael
> >

> Perfectly understandable by Brits! I guess a translation would
be - 'you've
> all joined in for little reason'. Strangely enough (and here I
go,
> committing newsgroup suicide) I can't help but agree with her.
I don't
> think she's a troll at all - but maybe the nuances of her posts
are lost on
> non British readers - I actually *like* reading Mrs B's stuff.

Call me
> weird - but I've also been guilty of asking what may seem to be
inane
> questions to US readers - like 'what is a Cornish Hen?', 'what
is a chipotle
> (sp?) chili'?. Nobody seemed to take offence! Personally, I

think life is
> too short to get your knickers in a twist over a few posts to a
newsgroup.
> Your mileage may vary <g>.
>
> Jo

I noticed you selectively snipped Beetoffs unintelligible sentence
that I quoted. I seriously doubt even Brits could understand what
the hell she was babbling about. Care to explain it since you
appear to be able to make perfect sense out of it? I've read many
UK authors and have yet to see a sentence such as that one put
together. The questions you asked were perfectly understandable
and easily addressed. Now, I ask you again, decipher Beetoffs
sentence. TIA.

Michael

Dog3

Apr 18, 2001, 9:13:17 AM4/18/01

"Young" <qwe...@mail.monmouth.com> wrote in message

> I have an early tape of hers, a Thanksgiving show. She was
still
> married. He was the most miserable looking man I've seen in a
long
> time. He wanted to be anywhere but there ... and I gather that
> anywhere was with some other woman.

I can't say that I blame him. I doubt he was allowed to sit on
any of the furniture.

> Having said that, I wouldn't want to be Martha's friend, and you
can
> bet your last dollar I wouldn't want to work for her, but the
same
> can be said for a lot of very successful men.

This isn't about men vs women. This is about a creature named
Martha Stewart. Leona Helmsley is another, very comparable,
success in the business world. I wonder if Martha will end up
doing time for some infraction of the tax system?

> I love my sil, but she
> overmanages her staff. She's a perfectionist extroadinaire.
She
> doesn't own a multimillion dollar business because she's shy and
> retiring. Good for her. But I wouldn't want to work for her.
>
> I think Martha takes way too much flack. Particularly insulting
is
> the assertion that she makes women feel inferior that they don't
> maintain the perfect facade. Hello, I think we're a little
stronger
> than that. My ego is not wrapped up in 'should I use the
burgundy
> ribbon or the brocade?' No one I know is like that.

Apparently Martha Stewart is like that.

> Also, I haven't watch many of her shows, but she seems as though
> she often mentions her staff and that they did the work. I saw
the
> guy that stripped some chairs, she brought him on camera. I saw
her
> new offices, she showed rooms full of staff. Not very happy
looking
> staff, but staff nonetheless.
>
> As I said, I don't think she deserves all the criticism. She's
> businesswoman. Good for her.
>
> nancy

No one is criticizing her business acumen. She's a cold fish and
IMO, projects the Stepford Wives image to perfection.

Michael

Liz B

Apr 18, 2001, 9:28:39 AM4/18/01
In article <9bj7so$nm3$1...@slb7.atl.mindspring.net>, "Dog3" <do...@mindspring.com> says:

>I think Martha Stewart needs a busload of unruly children running
>amuck at one of her estate houses for an entire weekend.

I don't think a busload is necessary, I'd be more than willing
to donate my two boys for a weekend. They can do amazing things
with crafting materials, dirt and garden tools.

Liz
& the rottie riot grrrls, Janni + Chrome
take out the dog to mail

Betty Crocker

Apr 18, 2001, 9:53:52 AM4/18/01
Young <qwe...@mail.monmouth.com> wrote:

>I don't think anyone's knickers are in a twist ... that would be
>vastly overstating how much people care about this person with the
>everchanging name. I do feel badly that people go out of their way
>to answer questions when the person asking couldn't care less about
>the answer. As I said, maybe at least someone else will learn
>something they wondered about.

Hi Nancy! <waving>

Wanna hear my personal theory? I paid a visit to the cookerybook.com
website the other day, just to see what it was all about. They call
themselves, "The International Cookbook of the Net." They are set up to
run discussion forums, and state that, if the answers can't be found in the
forums, a person can ask their librarian. My theory, right or wrong, is
that Mrs. B. may just be that librarian, and is trying to learn as much
about other cultures' cooking as possible. That would certainly explain
the prolific questioning.

Regarding her changing names, depending on which newsgroup she's in, my
theory, again, is that she's probably doing what I just did with my user
name. Cooking newsgroup, cooking-related name. In a medical newsgroup,
you might see her using Marie Curie as a nick. And so on. Just my theory.
I haven't always used Damsel in other groups I've posted to, sometimes
choosing nicks that are more appropriate to the particular group.

Is she a troll? I don't know. These days, I try to keep an open mind
about such things. But I think I'm gonna try one or two of her recipes.
There are a lot of legitimate, regular posters of whom I can't say the
same. Anyway, I don't own any knickers, so I think I'm safe for now.

Damsel
--
Damsel's Unofficial Web Home of RFC:
http://home.att.net/~edible-complex/rfc/
Culinary FAQs, RFC Cook-Ins, Birthdays,
Signature Dishes, Chat Channel
DALnet #rec.food.cooking

Young

Apr 18, 2001, 10:18:27 AM4/18/01
Betty Crocker wrote:

> Young <qwe...@mail.monmouth.com> wrote:
>
> >I don't think anyone's knickers are in a twist ... that would be
> >vastly overstating how much people care about this person with the
> >everchanging name. I do feel badly that people go out of their way
> >to answer questions when the person asking couldn't care less about
> >the answer. As I said, maybe at least someone else will learn
> >something they wondered about.
>
> Hi Nancy! <waving>
>
> Wanna hear my personal theory? I paid a visit to the cookerybook.com
> website the other day, just to see what it was all about. They call
> themselves, "The International Cookbook of the Net." They are set up to
> run discussion forums, and state that, if the answers can't be found in the
> forums, a person can ask their librarian. My theory, right or wrong, is
> that Mrs. B. may just be that librarian, and is trying to learn as much
> about other cultures' cooking as possible. That would certainly explain
> the prolific questioning.

I had a question about my car, it was making a noise and I wanted to
know for sure what it was before I brought my car in. I went to the
Nissan group and said, Hi, I need help, I feel funny asking because
I can't help you. Here's the noise, I think it's this, is that right?
I not only got a yes, but a yes and this is why you shouldn't put off
the repair.

I didn't change my name to Nancy Nissan, and I didn't play games.

nancy young

Martha Hughes

Apr 18, 2001, 10:35:24 AM4/18/01

> No one is criticizing her business acumen. She's a cold fish and
> IMO, projects the Stepford Wives image to perfection.
>
> Michael

Exactly. I'm a businesswomen, so I don't criticize that part of her. What I
do criticize (and she does do this) is the perfectionist attitudes she spews
forth to women. I no longer do, but I used to work with a woman who was an
M. Stewart devotee, and it was almost to the point of fanaticism. Stewart
has no understanding that real women may not have time to help birth a calf,
raise it to a cow, milk it, separate the milk and churn the milk into
butter. The goals she sets for women are outrageously ridiculous, and yes,
there is a bit of guilt in her message if her followers are not as
wonderfully creative as she.

Darkginger

Apr 18, 2001, 11:48:35 AM4/18/01

Dog3 <do...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Erm....I thought I did, see above - the bit that reads:

Perfectly understandable by Brits! I guess a translation would
> be - 'you've
> > all joined in for little reason'.

Did you miss it?

Jo

sillyO...@hotmail.com

Apr 18, 2001, 1:00:38 PM4/18/01

Dog3 wrote:

LOL! She can have mine for a weekend! Theyre sure to wreck the place!
--K

Rosie Miller

Apr 18, 2001, 5:03:18 PM4/18/01
In article <9bj2a8$3ol$1...@slb3.atl.mindspring.net>, "Dog3" <do...@mindspring.com>
writes:

>Michael <- thinks Rosie is trying to corner the asparagus recipe
>market and has the recipes locked up tighter than Chase Manhattan
>Bank.

Michael !!!! If I told you, it wouldn't be a secret now, would it ??? You think
I can be forced to tell so easily ???? I think not !!!!
Rosie

Rosie Miller

Apr 18, 2001, 5:03:16 PM4/18/01
In article <87r8yqv...@bast.r.caley.org.uk>, Richard Caley
<s...@cstr.ed.ac.uk> writes:

>Besides, our spies have told us all about your secret Beet Recipe
>Collection!

Richard ..... I HATE BEETS !!!!!! Please !!!!!! I will tell you all my
secrets, but that is not one of them.....
Rosie

Rosie Miller

Apr 18, 2001, 5:03:17 PM4/18/01
In article <20010418051231...@ng-cv1.aol.com>, grey...@aol.com
(Greykits) writes:

> All of us on aol can be put in a corner by some. It can be so silly, this
>snobbishness. All I know is that when I signed up for the 100 free hours on
>aol a couple of years ago, I didn't know that it would be such a long,
>strange
>trip. And, it's fun!
>karlie

I like aol, I have had no problems with it so far.. for me it has been good
value for the money ,have had a lot of fun with it too. There are all kinds of
people out ther, some good some not so good, aol doean't have a monopoly on
them... that pretty obvious..
Like you I have no regrets.
Rosie

Richard Caley

Apr 18, 2001, 7:22:07 PM4/18/01
In article <20010418170316...@nso-de.aol.com>, Rosie Miller (rm) writes:

rm> Richard ..... I HATE BEETS !!!!!! Please !!!!!! I will tell you all my
rm> secrets, but that is not one of them.....

The typical cover story of the closit beet lover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Avocado Avenger

Apr 18, 2001, 9:55:42 PM4/18/01
Betty Crocker <dam...@spam-me-not.postmark.net> writes:

>Regarding her changing names, depending on which newsgroup she's in, my
>theory, again, is that she's probably doing what I just did with my user
>name.

But she's changed her name several times in this newsgroup alone. It's
common practice for trolls. She's trying to get people in a snit and it's
working, with all this attention being drawn to her.
It's also unlikely it's a she. Probably a he. Maybe an it.

Stacia * The Avocado Avenger * Life is a tale told by an idiot;
http://www.io.com/~stacia/ * Full of sound and fury,
There is no guacamole anywhere. * Signifying nothing.

Greykits

Apr 18, 2001, 10:35:07 PM4/18/01
>Karlie, take some time and study the evolution of Usenet. Before
>AOL invaded Usenet back in the 80s and early 90s, Usenet was a
>safe haven full of educational and informative information. Then
>AOL inundated Usenet with the "me toos", trolling and various
>Netiquette faux paux. You can't blame the old school for being
>resentful of these snide, obnoxious invaders with ignorance
>dripping from the fingertips.
>
>Michael
>
>Hmmmm.....I've been told that I swear like a truck-driver, but I'm not proud
of that.

I have much to learn about all of this, it's still new to me. It's
fascinating, though, isn't it? And, you get to meet some really great people,
too! karlie

Young

Apr 18, 2001, 10:51:24 PM4/18/01
> I have much to learn about all of this, it's still new to me. It's
> fascinating, though, isn't it? And, you get to meet some really great people,
> too! karlie

Karlie, we don't like new people here. As you've identified yourself
as new, get lost.

(laughing) nancy

Rhonda Anderson

Apr 18, 2001, 10:58:01 PM4/18/01

"Betty Crocker" <dam...@spam-me-not.postmark.net> wrote in message

> Young <qwe...@mail.monmouth.com> wrote:
>
> >I don't think anyone's knickers are in a twist ... that would be
> >vastly overstating how much people care about this person with the
> >everchanging name.

< snipped>

Anyway, I don't own any knickers, so I think I'm safe for now.

> Damsel

OK, so either you lead a, shall we say, interesting, life OR the word
"knickers" means something different in the US to what it means in
Australia. Here, if you're talking about knickers you're talking about
undies, that is underpants.

So, which is it - knickers are something different in the US, or you don't
wear underwear <vbg>

--
Rhonda Anderson
Penrith, NSW, Australia

Greykits

Apr 18, 2001, 11:17:25 PM4/18/01
LOL....(another bad aol habit, those LOL's).
Do I have to go back to lurking? karlie

Dog3

Apr 18, 2001, 11:26:51 PM4/18/01

"Martha Hughes" <bast...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

I think your last sentence would also apply to men as well. I
remember on one of her shows she had 2 chefs from the same
restaurant. It was like she was pitting one against the other
with her honey coated, condescending diatribe.

Michael

Damsel in dis Dress

Apr 18, 2001, 11:27:43 PM4/18/01
"Rhonda Anderson" <rhonda....@aqis.gov.au> wrote:

>"Betty Crocker" <dam...@spam-me-not.postmark.net> wrote:
>
>Anyway, I don't own any knickers, so I think I'm safe for now.
>>
>> Damsel
>
>OK, so either you lead a, shall we say, interesting, life OR the word
>"knickers" means something different in the US to what it means in
>Australia. Here, if you're talking about knickers you're talking about
>undies, that is underpants.
>
>So, which is it - knickers are something different in the US, or you don't
>wear underwear <vbg>

My understanding of knickers is that they are loose pants that end below
the knee. with a button cuff below said knee. I am currently wearing
underwear.

Damsel (aka Betty Crocker, sometimes)

Curly Sue

Apr 18, 2001, 11:33:31 PM4/18/01
On Thu, 19 Apr 2001 12:58:01 +1000, "Rhonda Anderson"
<rhonda....@aqis.gov.au> wrote:

>"Betty Crocker" <dam...@spam-me-not.postmark.net> wrote in message
>> Young <qwe...@mail.monmouth.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I don't think anyone's knickers are in a twist ... that would be
>> >vastly overstating how much people care about this person with the
>> >everchanging name.
>
>< snipped>
>
>Anyway, I don't own any knickers, so I think I'm safe for now.
>>
>> Damsel

>OK, so either you lead a, shall we say, interesting, life OR the word
>"knickers" means something different in the US to what it means in
>Australia. Here, if you're talking about knickers you're talking about
>undies, that is underpants.
>
>So, which is it - knickers are something different in the US, or you don't
>wear underwear <vbg>

In the US, knickers generally refer to a old-fashioned type of pants,
which are gathered at the knees. No one wears them anymore, there
being more fashionable alternatives, so using the term adds a bit of
quaintness to the phrase.

Now, is that what you're wearing? ;>

Sue(tm)

sue at interport dotnet

Dog3

Apr 18, 2001, 11:44:00 PM4/18/01

"Nancy Dooley" <ndo...@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu> wrote in message
>snip for space<
> Most viewers, I would guess, take Martha with a grain of salt -
as in,
> "This I could do," "This I might try," "Never, in a million
years."
> If a viewer takes or reads anything more into the experience,
that's
> their problem, not Martha's. This seems to be the main point
that
> Martha-bashers just don't get.
>
> N.

Hmmm... Well, IMO Julia Child can still run circles around Martha
Stewart in the kitchen and she does it without touring her
multiple homes, perfectly adorned kitchens and telling her public
this kitchen tool (worth hundreds) is an absolute must for every
kitchen. I watch Martha Stewart, occasionally, for entertainment,
as I did Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker. Absolutely hilarious and
completely unbelievable.

I'll never forget the show Martha was showing her kitchen at one
of her country homes. She opened a gadget drawer, perfectly
organized with everything in it's place. She proceeded to explain
the exact dullness when particular gadgets had to be replaced
<huge eyeroll>, like anyone gives a crap. She needs to stay in the
kitchen and cook without all of the pretense.

Michael

Dog3

Apr 18, 2001, 11:47:17 PM4/18/01

> Perfectly understandable by Brits! I guess a translation would
> > be - 'you've
> > > all joined in for little reason'.
>
> Did you miss it?
>
> Jo

"You've all joined in for little reason" is understandable?
Okaaayyy... now, my grammar is horrendous and I'm the first to
admit it. 'You've all'... who is 'you've all'?

Michael

Dog3

Apr 18, 2001, 11:48:52 PM4/18/01

<sillyO...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I'm certain all of the children would wind up in the elegant,
burnished copper pot which holds 90 gallons of Kidsoup.

Michael

Dog3

Apr 18, 2001, 11:50:28 PM4/18/01

"Rosie Miller" <rmi10...@aol.com> wrote in message

<G>... I've got chocolate over here Rosie. Come and sit over
here, right by me.

Michael

Damsel in dis Dress

Apr 18, 2001, 11:47:00 PM4/18/01
"Dog3" <do...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>"You've all joined in for little reason" is understandable?
>Okaaayyy... now, my grammar is horrendous and I'm the first to
>admit it. 'You've all'... who is 'you've all'?
>
>Michael

You've = you have

The Phantom

Calabria

Apr 19, 2001, 12:15:48 AM4/19/01
<< She's trying to get people in a snit and it's
working, with all this attention being drawn to her. >>

All I can say is, "B" stands for "Buffy." That's how long it's been since I've
posted here anyway. Cheers. :-)

But this thread really has me wondering. Aside from changing her name again and
again, what EXACTLY did Mrs. B do wrong to make you all so itchy? Inquiring
minds want to know and read excerpts. Is she a quicker draw than the enigmatic
and titillating Sheldon? Stranger than the long thread in 1999 between
rec.food.cooking and rec.sport.pro-wrestling?? What?

sign me,

likes butter with my fiber - headed for google now

Rox
"What does the fish remind you of?"
"Other fish"
"And what do the other fish remind you of?"
"Other fish."

-Joseph Heller, Catch22

Rhonda Anderson

Apr 18, 2001, 11:53:43 PM4/18/01

"Damsel in dis Dress" <dam...@spam-me-not.postmark.net> wrote in message

> "Rhonda Anderson" <rhonda....@aqis.gov.au> wrote:
> >
> >"Betty Crocker" <dam...@spam-me-not.postmark.net> wrote:
> >
> >Anyway, I don't own any knickers, so I think I'm safe for now.
> >>
> >> Damsel
> >
> >OK, so either you lead a, shall we say, interesting, life OR the word
> >"knickers" means something different in the US to what it means in
> >Australia. Here, if you're talking about knickers you're talking about
> >undies, that is underpants.
> >
> >So, which is it - knickers are something different in the US, or you
don't
> >wear underwear <vbg>
>
> My understanding of knickers is that they are loose pants that end below
> the knee. with a button cuff below said knee.

Ah hah!! That explains it. Here, the term "knickers" is actually commonly
used to just refer to any underpants at all. There's actually a brand of
underpants (used to be anyway, don't know if they're still around) called
"NoKnickers" - supposedly so comfortable you'd swear you weren't wearing any
at all <g>.

I am currently wearing
> underwear.

I'm glad to hear it <vbeg>

BTW, while I've got you <g>. I emailed you a recipe for curried parsnip soup
a while back, and just wanted to check that you got it, and also were you
still after some recipes using curry powder as I have a couple of others
that sound quite good.

Cowdrey

Apr 19, 2001, 2:02:32 AM4/19/01

"Damsel in dis Dress" <dam...@spam-me-not.postmark.net> wrote in message

> My understanding of knickers is that they are loose pants that end below
> the knee. with a button cuff below said knee. I am currently wearing
> underwear.

I had a great-aunt who wore what we called bloomers. She visited rarely but
her bloomers were a great source of amusement to us kids. Hers had elastic
not buttons (at the bottom anyway, we never saw the tops) and, if memory
serves, reached below her knees. Knees weren't funny but bloomers were
hilarious. So were knickers. One of those cultural Brit things. You had to
have been there.

I don't mind Mrs. B. either. She might be a troll but that doesn't bother
me. She's certainly created lots of traffic so has sucked us all in if she
is and she faced off against Sheldon extremely well.

I subscribe to the Ann Landers school. Back in the sixties and seventies the
Yalies taunted her mercilessly. She always took them seriously and responded
accordingly. She admitted that she never really knew. If Mrs. B. is
trolling and is taken seriously, chances are that someone will benefit from
the response.

Robin
~~~~

Nancree

Apr 19, 2001, 3:36:19 AM4/19/01
>what EXACTLY did Mrs. B do wrong to make you all so itchy?

==================
I agree. I don't think she's a troll. She just wants to chat a bit. If it
bores you, click on to the next person. She's not offensive like you-know-who.

And who is what's-his-name to tell everyone else to killfile her? We'll make
up our own minds.

Dog3

Apr 19, 2001, 3:43:10 AM4/19/01

"Damsel in dis Dress" <dam...@spam-me-not.postmark.net> wrote in
message news:lfnsdts743ud7iigc...@4ax.com...

> "Dog3" <do...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> >"You've all joined in for little reason" is understandable?
> >Okaaayyy... now, my grammar is horrendous and I'm the first to
> >admit it. 'You've all'... who is 'you've all'?
> >
> >Michael
>
> You've = you have
>
> The Phantom

Yes, I understand that. Who is considered to be "you've all"?
Who is the all part?

Michael

Dog3

Apr 19, 2001, 3:44:27 AM4/19/01

"Calabria" <cala...@aol.comsothere> wrote in message

> << She's trying to get people in a snit and it's
> working, with all this attention being drawn to her. >>
>

> All I can say is, "B" stands for "Buffy." That's how long it's
been since I've
> posted here anyway. Cheers. :-)
>
> But this thread really has me wondering. Aside from changing her
name again and
> again, what EXACTLY did Mrs. B do wrong to make you all so
itchy? Inquiring
> minds want to know and read excerpts. Is she a quicker draw than
the enigmatic
> and titillating Sheldon? Stranger than the long thread in 1999
between
> rec.food.cooking and rec.sport.pro-wrestling?? What?
>
> sign me,
>
> likes butter with my fiber - headed for google now
>
> Rox

No, she's so slow on the uptake Sheldon would have her stuffed in
the smoker so fast she wouldn't have time to morph her name.

Michael

Nancree

Apr 19, 2001, 3:41:38 AM4/19/01
>>Karlie, we don't like new people here. As you've identified yourself
>>as new, get lost.
>>
>>(laughing) nancy
=================
Karlie, I think nancy is joking. On the other hand, Michael came across as
snobby and trying to shut you out.
You are welcome here. It's your place just as much as theirs. Enjoy!
~Nancree~

Rhonda Anderson

Apr 19, 2001, 4:46:37 AM4/19/01

> On Thu, 19 Apr 2001 12:58:01 +1000, "Rhonda Anderson"
> <rhonda....@aqis.gov.au> wrote:
>

> >"Betty Crocker" <dam...@spam-me-not.postmark.net> wrote in message

> >< snipped>
> >
> >Anyway, I don't own any knickers, so I think I'm safe for now.
> >>
> >> Damsel
>
> >OK, so either you lead a, shall we say, interesting, life OR the word
> >"knickers" means something different in the US to what it means in
> >Australia. Here, if you're talking about knickers you're talking about
> >undies, that is underpants.
> >
> >So, which is it - knickers are something different in the US, or you
don't
> >wear underwear <vbg>
>
> In the US, knickers generally refer to a old-fashioned type of pants,
> which are gathered at the knees. No one wears them anymore, there
> being more fashionable alternatives, so using the term adds a bit of
> quaintness to the phrase.

Yes, Damsel's told me what she knows as "knickers". See, here the term
knickers just means undies in general, really. Some people say undies, some
say knickers, some say both - interchangeable.

> Now, is that what you're wearing? ;>

What makes you assume I'm wearing any <g>.
No, my undies do not come down to my knees <g>, nor would I consider them
old fashioned. In fact, if I remember correctly (this morning was a long
time ago, you know) they're a rather nifty pair of purple ones. Now, should
I change the header to "What colour are your undies?" - might go well with
"should all your pans match" and "what do your dishes look like" <vbeg>.
And on topic, too - I mean most of us wear undies while cooking, don't
we???? <g> Hey, someone mentioned colour coordinating their pans to match
their outfit - does that include undies too <g>

Richard Caley

Apr 19, 2001, 5:21:00 AM4/19/01
In article <fu5rdtgd0vq3n3bl6...@4ax.com>, Betty Crocker (bc) writes:

d> Anyway, I don't own any knickers, so I think I'm safe for now.

Expensive kitchen and nae knickers. That' the true trollop spirit! :-)

Young

Apr 19, 2001, 7:50:09 AM4/19/01
Nancree wrote:

> >>Karlie, we don't like new people here. As you've identified yourself
> >>as new, get lost.
> >>
> >>(laughing) nancy
> =================
> Karlie, I think nancy is joking.

Karlie knows I was kidding around.

nancy

Curly Sue

Apr 19, 2001, 7:54:39 AM4/19/01
On Wed, 18 Apr 2001 22:44:00 -0500, "Dog3" <do...@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>I'll never forget the show Martha was showing her kitchen at one
>of her country homes. She opened a gadget drawer, perfectly
>organized with everything in it's place. She proceeded to explain
>the exact dullness when particular gadgets had to be replaced
><huge eyeroll>, like anyone gives a crap. She needs to stay in the
>kitchen and cook without all of the pretense.

But she's not only cooking. Arranging drawers, setting tables,
decorating, gardening, the whole "home" thing is her thing.

Darkginger

Apr 19, 2001, 8:55:23 AM4/19/01

Damsel in dis Dress <dam...@spam-me-not.postmark.net> wrote in message

> "Dog3" <do...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> >"You've all joined in for little reason" is understandable?
> >Okaaayyy... now, my grammar is horrendous and I'm the first to
> >admit it. 'You've all'... who is 'you've all'?
> >
> >Michael
>
> You've = you have

Yep, what she said. Didn't realise the contraction wasn't as well known on
the other side of the Atlantic (nor that knickers didn't mean the same there
as it does here!). What you call knickers I would call knickerbockers.
ObFood: I have no idea why a Knickerbocker Glory (ice cream sundae type
thing) is so called. Anyone?

Jo

CatMandy99

Apr 19, 2001, 10:04:55 AM4/19/01
Nancree wrote:

>>what EXACTLY did Mrs. B do wrong to make you all so itchy?
>
>==================
>I agree. I don't think she's a troll. She just wants to chat a bit. If it
>bores you, click on to the next person. She's not offensive like
>you-know-who.

Know what? She is MORE offensive to me than "you-know-who" is.

Know why?

Sheldon doesn't change his identity every other day, and with him, you know
what you're gonna get, like it or not. He is true and consistent in how
portrays himself.

Mrs. B? Doesn't use "her" real name, changes her address with the frequency
most people change their panties, and probably isn't even a Brit. Might not
even be a woman.

I'll take Sheldon--hell, I'd even take BRAD, over Mrs. B, anyday. At least Brad
is consistent. I might not like him, but I haven't killfiled him, either.

Sheryl
(Remove the crap to email)
Live like there's no tomorrow...
Love like you've never been hurt,
and Dance like there's nobody watching.

Martha Hughes

Apr 19, 2001, 10:09:47 AM4/19/01

> I think your last sentence would also apply to men as well. I
> remember on one of her shows she had 2 chefs from the same
> restaurant. It was like she was pitting one against the other
> with her honey coated, condescending diatribe.
>
> Michael

Of course, Michael. If there was some guy on TV telling me how wonderful it
would be if I would make 500 roses out of crepe paper for my sister's
wedding, because she did it for her sister, I would be objecting just as
much.

Nancree

Apr 19, 2001, 10:12:10 AM4/19/01
nancy,
Glad you were just joking, but the way you posted my name ("Nancree wrote":)
makes it look as though I made the rude remark to Karlie ("Karlie, we don't
like new people here.".etc.)
I didn't . I wrote in support of Karlie.
~Nancree~
= = = = = = = = =
>Subject: Re: Add "cookerybook.com" to your killfiles!
>From: Young qwe...@mail.monmouth.com
>Date: 4/19/01 4:50 AM Pacific Daylight Time

Young

Apr 19, 2001, 10:30:43 AM4/19/01
Nancree wrote:

> nancy,
> Glad you were just joking, but the way you posted my name ("Nancree wrote":)
> makes it look as though I made the rude remark to Karlie ("Karlie, we don't
> like new people here.".etc.)
> I didn't . I wrote in support of Karlie.

I didn't snip my name, someone else did, and my trademark nancy is still
in the post. Karlie knows it was a joke, and who made it.

nancy

mr_potter

Apr 19, 2001, 10:48:12 AM4/19/01
In article <LkCD6.6905$hH3.6...@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, Martha
Hughes says...

Hmmm...I could mebbe see Richard Simmons or Peewee Herman doing those roses. Of
course, *either* of those two would be *vastly* more entertaining than Mothra
Stewart to watch ;)

Best
Greg

Rosie Miller

Apr 19, 2001, 10:53:53 AM4/19/01
In article <9bln0j$nf6$1...@slb6.atl.mindspring.net>, "Dog3" <do...@mindspring.com>
writes:

><G>... I've got chocolate over here Rosie. Come and sit over
>here, right by me.

Oh !! Well, I may reconsider, you know my weakness....'
Rosie

Dog3

Apr 19, 2001, 12:40:37 PM4/19/01

> > I have much to learn about all of this, it's still new to me.
It's
> >> fascinating, though, isn't it? And, you get to meet some
really great
> >people,
> >> too! karlie

> >Karlie, we don't like new people here. As you've identified
yourself
> >as new, get lost.
> >
> >(laughing) nancy
> >
> LOL....(another bad aol habit, those LOL's).
> Do I have to go back to lurking? karlie

Absolutely not... <nudging nancy to the side> post something
delicious to eat dammit, then you can stay ;-)

Michael

OBFood:<snort>

Yield - approximately 8 pint jars./.{{Pickled Beets}}6 quart
basket small beets
1 1/2 cups vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 cup brown sugar

Scrub beets and top them. Cook in boiling water until tender.
Drain and plunge in cold water. Rub off skins and drop beets into
sterile jars.

Make pickling syrup of vinegar, water and sugar; let syrup boil 5
minutes. Fill jars with beets. Add syrup to overflowing. Place 3
whole cloves in each jar. Screw down tops and invert each day for
a week. Do not use for
at least 3 weeks.

Dog3

Apr 19, 2001, 12:45:53 PM4/19/01

"Nancree" <nan...@aol.com> wrote in message

I was giving a brief history lesson which you obviously did not
understand. ISP snobbery is not something I'm going to waste a
lot of time or effort on. OTOH, you seem inordinately interested
in it.

Michael

OBFood:

Polish Dill Pickle Soup

8 cups chicken broth
2 grated carrots
2 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
5 grated polish dill pickles
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
5 T. sour cream
salt & pepper

Combine broth, carrots, potatoes, and celery in soup pot. Cook,
covered over low heat until potatoes are tender, add pickles and
cook 15 min. mix milk and flour until smooth, and add to soup
mixing well. Bring to boil. Stirring till slightly thickened.
Remove from heat. Beat eggs with sour cream until smooth. Keep
soup warm, but not boiling. Add some of the soup to sour cream,
then gradually add back to pot. Keep warm, but not boiling or it
will curdle. Add salt and pepper to taste. Make approx.10
servings.

Dog3

Apr 19, 2001, 12:48:04 PM4/19/01

"Young" <qwe...@mail.monmouth.com> wrote in message

This is getting more hilarious by the moment.

Michael <- thinks Nancree needs to stop taking posts so literally
and lighten up a bit.

Dog3

Apr 19, 2001, 12:51:49 PM4/19/01

"Damsel in dis Dress" <dam...@spam-me-not.postmark.net> wrote in
message news:1flsdtksfttk9a2ed...@4ax.com...
> "Rhonda Anderson" <rhonda....@aqis.gov.au> wrote:

> >"Betty Crocker" <dam...@spam-me-not.postmark.net> wrote:
> >
> >Anyway, I don't own any knickers, so I think I'm safe for now.
> >>
> >> Damsel
> >
> >OK, so either you lead a, shall we say, interesting, life OR
the word
> >"knickers" means something different in the US to what it means
in
> >Australia. Here, if you're talking about knickers you're
talking about
> >undies, that is underpants.
> >
> >So, which is it - knickers are something different in the US,
or you don't
> >wear underwear <vbg>
>
> My understanding of knickers is that they are loose pants that
end below
> the knee. with a button cuff below said knee. I am currently
wearing
> underwear.
>
> Damsel (aka Betty Crocker, sometimes)

Leave it to you to jump in on an undie thread ;-)

Michael

OBFood: This is the quickie mayo. It's easy and good.

{{Mayonnaise}} Makes 1 cup

1 egg size "large" or larger
1 1/2-2 Tbsp lemon juice (or vinegar)
1 cup oil

Place the egg and lemon juice (or vinegar) in a blender. Blend at
a high speed until the mixture starts to lose some of its yellow
color and become a bit whiter.

Pour the oil in slowly (in a constant stream over the course of
about half a minute). Keep the lid on the blender as you do this
(just lift the corner to pour in the oil), or else it will spatter
everywhere.

Greykits

Apr 19, 2001, 1:02:44 PM4/19/01
>Yes, and I like jokes. And, as for Michael, I think I like him, too....
karlie>

Dog3

Apr 19, 2001, 1:14:57 PM4/19/01

"Rhonda Anderson" <rhonda....@aqis.gov.au> wrote in message

You may already have this one. I pulled it off of google but have
yet to make it.

Curry Parsnip Soup

You Need:

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion
1 tablespoon curry paste (red or green)
4 medium parsnips (peel and cube)
2 cups vegetable stock
1 cup water
1/2 cup natural yoghurt

Method:

Heat oil in a saucepan, add onions and curry paste...mix
thoroughly, cook until soft. Add parsnip coat in curry mix, then
add stock and water and cook for 20 minutes.

Once cooked, puree in a blender, return to the saucepan and stir
in yoghurt...reheat soup, serve with some crusty bread and butter.

Note: be careful not to boil soup when reheating, as yoghurt will
curdle.

Recipe courtesy Sue Dodd, Sydney Markets

Michael

Dog3

Apr 19, 2001, 1:17:56 PM4/19/01

"mr_potter" <mr_potte...@newsranger.com> wrote in message

Pee Wee just did a movie where he's got a rather visible role. I
can't remember the name of the movie but he's a hair dresser that
becomes a drug trafficker.

Michael

Dog3

Apr 19, 2001, 1:24:17 PM4/19/01

"Curly Sue" <s...@addressin.sig> wrote in message

Well that may very well be true and she may need to move to HGTV
instead because the name of the show is Martha Stewart's Kitchen.
Granted, the name of the show is broad but lets stick to food. I
don't care about her floral arrangements, I can figure that out on
my own.

Michael

Dog3

Apr 19, 2001, 1:26:46 PM4/19/01

"Darkginger" <darkg...@iol.ie> wrote in message

The contraction is not in question. It's the entire sentence and
particularly the "you've all" part. Let me draw a picture. "You
have all joined in" Who is all?

Michael

Dog3

Apr 19, 2001, 1:27:36 PM4/19/01