Recipe for a soup...

Alina

May 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/16/97

Anybody knows a good recipe for olive soup or blue cheese soup?
I believe both are creamy-type soups, but have failed to find any
recipies.
Thank you.
A.

Relaena

May 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/16/97

Alina wrote:

> Anybody knows a good recipe for olive soup or blue cheese soup?

Alina, this isn't blue cheese, but it is VERY GOOD:

Cream of Brie Soup

1/4 cup butter
1 large onion, diced
1 large garlic clove, minced
1/2 pound mushrooms (about 10-12 medium sized)
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup flour
3-1/2 cup chicken broth, warmed
1 bay leaf
sprig of fresh thyme (or 1/4 tsp dried)
2-1/2 C. heavy whipping cream
10 ounces fresh brie cheese, rind removed, sliced
1/4 cup sherry
salt & pepper to taste

In a heavy 2 quart saucepan, melt butter and saute onions, garlic, and
mushrooms until soft. Add wine and reduce until liquid just covers the
bottom of the pan.

Add flour and work into a paste (like making roux). Add broth and bay
leaf, bring to a slow boil. Stir while cooking until thickened and
smooth. Add thyme and whipping cream. Slowly whisk in cheese
gradually, until blended. Stir in sherry, adjust salt and pepper.
Serve immediately.

Hope you like it!!!

Relaena

Fred Smith

May 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/18/97

I recently posted a recipe for a pear and Gorgonzola soup. I think it's
still here. If not, and you'd like it, let me know via this newsgroup.

Riss

Alina <rin...@mailer.data.net.mx> wrote in article
<337C9F...@mailer.data.net.mx>...