Your favorite Pumpkin Pie, please

Nexis Robinson

Oct 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/8/98
Hi all.....

Well, as everyone who cooks knows, the holidays are alot closer than non
foodies think! This year, my brother in law is going to be with us and he
adores pumpkin pie. Since I *don't* I have never made it. Can anyone give me
their favorite recipes? I promised him I would make at least one between
Thanksgiving and Christmas, and an EggNog custard pie for the other of the
two days. Thanks in advance ;)

kimberly

Barry Grau

Oct 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/8/98

My favorite was pumpkin cheesecake with a sour cream frosting garnished with
pecans. It was in a November issue of Gourmet a few years ago. Sadly, I lent
the issue to my sister and she lost it. There must be a few recipes somewhere
on the net.

Barry Grau (gr...@uic.edu)

Young

Oct 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/8/98
Barry Grau wrote:

> My favorite was pumpkin cheesecake with a sour cream frosting garnished with
> pecans. It was in a November issue of Gourmet a few years ago. Sadly, I lent
> the issue to my sister and she lost it. There must be a few recipes somewhere
> on the net.
>
> Barry Grau (gr...@uic.edu)

I know it's un-American, but I don't like pumpkin pie. My
ex-mother-in-law did make the only pumpkin pie I liked. I don't
have the recipe, but it was called 'pumpkin chiffon pie'. Maybe
someone has that recipe.

nancy

richtor

Oct 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/9/98
Here ya go! This one's delicious and also good for you...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Robb's Low-Cholesterol Pumpkin Pie With Oil Pastry

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Pies Desserts
Robb's

-----PIE FILLING-----
1 Lb Can (1-3/4 cups) pumpkin
1 C Egg substitute
3/4 C Light brown sugar
1/2 Ts Salt
3 Ts Ground cinnamon
1 1/4 Ts Ground ginger
1/2 Ts Ground nutmeg
1/2 Ts Ground allspice
1/2 Ts Ground mace
1/4 Ts Ground cloves
1 Can evaporated skim milk
(12 ounces)
1 Deep 9-inch oil-pastry shell
-----OIL PASTRY-----
1 1/3 C All-purpose flour
1/2 Ts Salt
1/3 C Canola oil
3 Tb Water

FOR FILLING:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place pumpkin in large mixing
bowl. Blend in
egg whites, sugar, salt, and spices; stir in evaporated milk.
Pour into
unbaked pie shell. Bake 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350
degrees. Bake
about 45 minutes longer, until metal knife inserted near center
comes out
clean.

FOR PASTRY:

Mix flour and salt together. After measuring oil in a measuring
cup, add
water to the same cup but don't stir. Add liquid all at once to
flour
mixture. Stir lightly with fork until well-mixed. Press dough into
smooth
ball. Place between two 12-inch squares of waxed paper. Roll
out gently
with rolling pin until pastry circle reaches edges of paper. Peel
off top
sheet of paper. Lift bottom sheet of paper and pastry by
opposite corners.
Flip over onto 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate and
remove
waxed paper. Trim pastry and make a high fluted edge. Makes
1 nine-inch
pastry shell.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In article <6vj1dk$4...@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>,
ne...@worldnet.att.net says...

Jack and Kay Hartman

Oct 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/9/98
On Thu, 08 Oct 1998 21:42:56 GMT, no...@nowhere.edu (Barry Grau)
wrote:

>My favorite was pumpkin cheesecake with a sour cream frosting garnished with
>pecans. It was in a November issue of Gourmet a few years ago. Sadly, I lent
>the issue to my sister and she lost it. There must be a few recipes somewhere
>on the net.

It comes from the November 1990 Gourmet magazine. I love this
cheesecake although I'm not wild about pecans so I leave them out.

Kay

Pumpkin Cheesecake with Bourbon Sour Cream Topping

For the crust

3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled

For the filling

1 1/2 cups solid pack pumpkin
3 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
three 8-ounce packages cream cheese, cut into bits and softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon bourbon liqueur or bourbon if desired

For the topping

2 cups sour cream
2 tablepoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon bourbon liqueur or bourbon, or to taste [and my taste
says this is not nearly enough]

16 pecan halves for garnish

Make the crust: In a bowl combine the cracker crumbs, the pecans, and
the sugars, stir in the butter, and press the mixture into the bottom
and 1/2 inch up the side of a buttered 9-inch springform pan. Chill
the crust for 1 hour.

Make the filling: In a bowl whisk together the pumpkin, the eggs, the
cinnamon, the nutmeg, the ginger, the salt, and the brown sugar. In a
large bowl with an electric mixer cream together the cream cheese and
the granulated sugar, beat in the cream, the cornstarch, the vanilla,
the bourbon liqueur, and the pumpkin mixture, and beat the filling
until it is smooth.

Pour the filling into the crust, bake the cheesecake in the middle of
a preheated 350 degree F oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the
center is just set, and let it cool in the pan on a rack for 5
minutes.

Make the topping: in a bowl whisk together the sour cream, the sugar
and the bourbon liqueur.

Spread the sour cream mixture over the top of the cheesecake and bake
the cheesecake for 5 minutes more. Let the cheesecake cool in the pan
on a rack and chill it, covered, overnight. Remove the side of the
pan and garnish the top of the cheesecake with the pecans.

Pacificsurf

Oct 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/9/98
Hi

How about posting that EggNog custard pie recipe? Sounds absolutely
wonderful. :)

Nexis Robinson <ne...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in article

jb

Oct 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/9/98
to qwe...@mail.monmouth.com
Young wrote:

> I know it's un-American, but I don't like pumpkin pie. My
> ex-mother-in-law did make the only pumpkin pie I liked. I don't
> have the recipe, but it was called 'pumpkin chiffon pie'. Maybe
> someone has that recipe.
>
> nancy

Yes, there are definitely two camps when it comes to pumpkin pie. This
version is obviously MUCH lighter.... Jean B.

Grandma Sloman's Pumpkin Chiffon Pie (10")

This is variously referred to as "the Cadillac of pies" or just "THE
pie." It is the pie I (b. 1950) was brought up with, and it was rare,
until recent years, to see recipes for pumpkin chiffon pies. It was
(and is) mandatory in our family on all fall and winter holidays (though
I DO try to switch to Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie for Easter). Enjoy it!
Jean B.

3 eggs, separated
1 cup sugar, divided
1 can "One Pie" pumpkin (used to be 16 oz, now generally less, but
either is okay)
1/2 cup milk (evaporated is okay)
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp gelatin (nb: 1 pkg is now less than this; use 1 Tbsp)
1/4 cup cold water
graham cracker crust (see below)

To slightly beaten egg yolks, add 1/2 cup sugar (see comment below),
pumpkin, milk, spices, and salt. Cook, stirring, in a double boiler
over boiling water til thickened. Add the gelatin, which has been
softened in the water. Mix thoroughly and cool in refrigerator. When
it begins to thicken, stir in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar. Then fold in
the stiffly beaten egg whites. (Well, I probably stir ca 1/4 cup sugar
into the pumpkin mixture and beat the rest with the whites so they'll be
more stable.) Pour into graham cracker crust and chill til firm. Serve
topped with very lightly sweetened whipped cream (I think using
confectioner's sugar makes this more stable) and candied ginger (cut in
ca 1/8-1/4" dice). Jean B. via RFC

Graham Cracker Crust (gotta make this low-fat...but it's soooo good...)

2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Mix all ingredients well. Pat into a 10" pie pan, Bake 10-15 minutes
at 300 degrees F. Cool. Jean B. via RFC

Guy & Tara

Oct 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/9/98
to Nexis Robinson
This pumkin pie rocks! Everyone loves it.

Cheese Wave Pumpkin Pie
CRUST
1/2 C soft butter, 1/4 C brown sugar, 1 C flour, 1/4 C quick oats, 1/4 C
peacan chips

FILLING
8OZ softened cream cheese
1/4 C sugar
1 t Vanilla ex
1 egg
1 1/2 C canned pumpkin ;

1 c Evap milk
1/2 C sugar
2 eggs
1 teasp Cinn
1/4 t Ginger
1/8 t cloves

Garnish -- Pecan halves

Mix crust ingred, press into 9" pie plate
Mix 1st set of ing put in shell. Blend remaining, beat eggs well. Pour
over cheese mixture. Bake 350 F 1 hour. Test w/knife just off-center.
Cool on rack. Chill in fridge 4+ hours.

(I used cooked fresh pumpkin once and it was a lot of work and not as
good)

--
/| /| +-----------------\+
||__|| | BYE, Tara & |
| |_|_|_| | \----
/\ /
/ /\ | /
/ / | | |
____/ / | | |
|____/ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c

Kate Connally

Oct 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/9/98
The one and only pumpkin pie recipe to use is the one on the
Libby's
pumpkin can. Buy the plain pumpkin, though, and season it
yourself,
don't buy the ready to use pumpkin pie filling.
Kate

Kate Connally
" If I were as old as I feel, I 'd be dead already."

Nexis Robinson <ne...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in article

<6vj1dk$4...@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>...

Nexis Robinson

Oct 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/9/98
I have to find it first, but I *will* post this for you :)

kimberly

Pacificsurf wrote in message <01bdf357$e78b1cc0$a3468e8b@default>...

>Hi
>
>How about posting that EggNog custard pie recipe? Sounds absolutely
>wonderful. :)
>

>Nexis Robinson <ne...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in article

Lac...@webtv.net

Oct 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/9/98
I agree that Libby's pumpkin pie recipe is excellent; however, I like to
enhance it a little. I add an extra one or two eggs, in addition to
what the recipe says, for a lighter texture; also one teaspoon vanilla
per pie, and I use half-and-half in place of evaporated milk (who cares
about calories on holidays, it's how we eat the rest of the year that
counts). Try this, people who eat it will be asking for your recipe.

Bon Appetit!

johnm...@my-dejanews.com

Oct 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/10/98
In article <6vj1dk$4...@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>,
"Nexis Robinson" <ne...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Hi all.....
>
> Well, as everyone who cooks knows, the holidays are alot closer than non
> foodies think! This year, my brother in law is going to be with us and he
> adores pumpkin pie. Since I *don't* I have never made it. Can anyone give me

Does anyone have a decent low-fat, low calorie pumpkin pie recipe? If so, It
would be very helpful to me. Thanks.

Althea

Oct 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/11/98
Young wrote:

> I know it's un-American, but I don't like pumpkin pie. My
> ex-mother-in-law did make the only pumpkin pie I liked. I don't
> have the recipe, but it was called 'pumpkin chiffon pie'. Maybe
> someone has that recipe.
>
> nancy

*LOL* One year at Thanksgiving, I was staying at a youth hostel in Ft.
Lauderdale, FL. (between stewardess jobs - not much point in renting a
place) I decided to do a real Thanksgiving dinner for everyone. They
loved the turkey, the dressing, the crock-potted green beans with new
potatoes and smoked ham hock, the carrot-raisin salad and the cranberry
relish. They inhaled the apple pie. They looked with distaste and
astonishment upon the pumpkin pie. Pumpkin? With *sugar* in it?!? Er,
um, I think I'll pass, thank you.

To which I, being eighteen years old and not well traveled, replied:

"Pumpkin? *without* sugar in it? Yuck!"

The things I learned at that hostel.....

Althea

bran...@my-dejanews.com

Oct 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/11/98

> "Kate Connally" <conn...@pitt.edu> wrote:
> The one and only pumpkin pie recipe to use is the one on the
> Libby's
> pumpkin can. Buy the plain pumpkin, though, and season it
> yourself,
> don't buy the ready to use pumpkin pie filling.
> Kate

Same here Kate. We like our pumpkin pies pretty spicy so I put it 2-3 times
the amount of spice called for. Now if I could just find some place to hide
the pies and keep my 18 year old son out of them. I think he'd live on
pumpkin pie if allowed (and he's skinny as a rail, there's just no justice.)
-Melissa -- Politicians love unarmed peasants.

CB

Oct 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/12/98
I completely agree. One more enhancement is in order however. Cook the
canned pumpkin in a sauce pan and then cool (to room temp or so) before
using. The cooking takes away the canned taste, I'm sure you'll agree
that it tastes 'fresher' (yeah, I know its canned and cooked, but it
will be better than it was!) and more pumpkin-y. I learned this tip
from Cook's Illustrated a couple of seasons ago, and it works great.

I love pumpkin pie!

Rich Byrnes

Oct 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/13/98
to richtor
Here's some more pumpkin recipes......

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting

Recipe By : From Grandma McLain
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Bars

2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 cups sugar
4 eggs -- slightly beaten
2 cups pumpkin
1 cup oil
chopped nuts (optional)
***Frosting***
3 ounces cream cheese
3/4 stick margarine or butter
1 teaspoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups sifted powdered sugar

For the Bars: Sift dry ingredients. Add slightly beaten eggs, pumpkin,
and
oil. Mix and blend well, add nuts. Bake in greased sheet pan (15" x 10"
3/4") at 350 FF for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the
center
comes out clean.

For the Frosting: Blend cream cheese and butter. Add milk and vanilla.
Stir
in powdered sugar (use more powdered sugar if the bars are not going to be

refrigerated for a while). Frost Bars when cooled.

Frost on the Pumpkin Bars
from a Queen¹s Legacy & Village Tea Shop, Mendicino, CA

3/4 cups butter
2 cups sugar
1 small can pumpkin
4 eggs
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup pecans, chopped
Cream the butter and sugar together. Blend in the pumpkin and eggs. Mix
the remaining ingredients together and add to the creamed mixture.

Spread in a greased 10² x 15² pan. Bake in a preheated 350° oven for
25-35 minutes.

When cooled, spread with your favorite cream cheese frosting.

------------

PUMPKIN ANGEL SQUARES

1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened

1/2 cup finely chopped pecans

1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
16 oz cooked pumpkin or 1 pound canned
3 eggs , separated
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice ( 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon,
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger,
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg,
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves,
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 375 deg° F

Mix flour, butter and pecans with pastry blender until crumbly. Pack into
9 inch square pan. Bake. Bake in oven 15-20 minutes or until lightly
browned. Cool. Combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and whipped
topping with electric mixer. Spread on cooled crust and chill in
refridgerator. Soften gelatin in water. Combine gelatin mixture with
pumpkin, egg yolks, brown sugar, milk, pumpkin pie spices and salt in
large saucepan. cook over moderate heat, stirring, until mixture begins to

bubble. Cover and cool. Beat egg white until frothy. Slowly add remaining
grandulated sugar and continue beating until stiff and glossy. Fold in
pumpkin mixture. Pour over cream cheese mixture. Chill until set. cut into

squares.

Mark--I don't know if this is the recipe you're talking about, but it
would
certainly be close:

PUMPKIN SQUARES

2 C. white granulated sugar
1 C. Crisco oil (the liquid kind)
4 eggs
2 C. Libby pumpkin pie mix (not the whole can!)
2 C. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt

Cream sugar and oil together; add eggs. Beat until well blended and add
pumpkin pie mix. Sift remaining ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture;
mix well. Pour into a 10 X 15 inch greased and floured jelly roll pan and

bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Frost when completely cooled. (If

a 9X13 cake pan is used, bake for 35-40 minutes.)

FROSTING

3 oz. cream cheese, softened
3/4 C. soft margarine
1 t. vanilla
3 C. powdered sugar

Beat cream cheese, margarine and vanilla until creamy. Add powdered sugar

and beat till fluffy.

Pumpkin Fudge:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PUMPKIN FUDGE
3 C milk
5 C pumpkin
7 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3 C granulated sugar
dash of salt
1/2 C Butter
1 C chopped nuts
1 C marshmallow cream
8 oz white chocolate
1 tsp vanilla
Combine the milk, pumpkin, spice, sugar, butter & nuts in a 5 quart
saucepan &
bring to a boil, cooking until the mixture reaches the firm ball stage.
Then
stir in the marshmallow creme, white chocolate & vanilla. Stir until it
starts
to get thick. Pour into buttered pan; let it set

Pumpkin Fudge

2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp cornstarch
1/2 cup evaporated milk
2 Tbsp pumpkin
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup nuts optional

In a 2 quart saucepan cook together sugar, pumpkin, spice, cornstarch and
milk, stirring frequently, until mixture reaches 234 degrees on a candy
thermometer or a small amount forms a soft ball in a little cold water.
Add
vanilla and nuts and cool in a pan of ice water to 110 degrees. Beat
until
fudge loses its gloss. Pour into a lightly buttered 8 X 8 X 2-inch pan
and
cool. Score and cut when almost cold. Store in a wax paper lined metal
can.
Will keep for several weeks.

Good luck with the baby!!!
Food love
Sandi

Pumpkin Pie Crunch

1 package yellow cake mix
1 can (16 ounces) solid pack pumpkin
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 1/4 cups sugar
4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup butter or margarine, melted
Whipped topping

Preheat oven to 350'F. Grease bottom of 13x9x2 inch pan.
Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and
salt in large bowl. Pour into pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over
pumpkin mixture. Top with pecans. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake at
350'F for 50 to 55 minutes or until golden. Cool completely. Serve with
whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers.
--

*************

PUMPKIN ROLL

Dough:
3 eggs
2/3 cup pumpkin
1 tsp. soda
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup flour
Filling:
8 oz. cream cheese*
2 Tbsp margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup chopped nuts

(*You may use a drop of food coloring in the cream cheese for color.)
Line cookie sheet that has edges with waxed paper and grease. Spread
dough in pan and bake at 375'F for 15 minutes. After you take it out of
the oven sprinkle top with powdered sugar, then flip onto a dish towel.
Then take off the waxed paper and sprinkle with more powdered sugar;
roll up like a jellyroll in the dish towel. Refrigerate for 1 hour or
put in freezer for 15 minutes. Unroll; spread filling on roll and roll
again without the towel. Place in container or Reynolds Wrap.
Refrigerate or you may freeze for up to 4 months.

****************

Rich Pumpkin Cheesecake

CRUST
1 package Duncan Hines(R) Moist Deluxe Spice Cake Mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
FILLING
3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1 can (16 ounces) solid pack pumpkin
4 eggs
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
TOPPING
1 package (2 1/2 ounces) sliced almonds
2 cups whipping cream, chilled
1/4 cup sugar

Preheat oven to 375'F. For crust, combine cake mix and melted butter in
large bowl; press into bottom of ungreased 10-inch springform pan.
For filling, combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk in large
bowl. Beat with electric mixer at high speed for 2 minutes. Add pumpkin,
eggs and pumpkin pie spice. Beat at high speed 1 minute. Pour over
prepared crust in pan. Bake at 375'F for 65 to 70 minutes or until
set. Cool completely on rack. Refrigerate 2 hours. Loosen cake from
sides of pan; remove sides of pan.
For topping, preheat oven to 300'F. Toast almonds on baking sheet at
300'F 4 to 5 minutes or until fragrant and light golden brown. Cool
completely. Beat cream in medium bowl until soft peaks form.
Gradually add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of
chilled cake. Garnish with toasted almonds. Refrigerate until ready to
serve.
TIP:To prepare in a 13x9 inch pan, bake at 350'F for 35 minutes or until
set.

--

Pumpkin Spice Torte

1 package (2 layer size) spice cake mix
2-3 eggs depending on the package directions
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup milk
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Grease and flour two 9" cake pans. Preheat oven to temperature on the cake
mix
box. In a large electric mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, and baking
soda.
Proceed according to package directions, substituting the milk for the
first
addition of liquid and pumpkin, honey, and cinnamon for the second
addition.
Fold in the nuts, if you are using. Bake according to package directions,
or
until cake tests done. Cool on a cake rake and then split each layer.

FILLING:
2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 Tablespoons cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar, or to taste.
With an electric mixer, whip cream and add sugar and cinnamon, a little at
time, until soft peaks form.
Ice the torte with either a cream cheese or white butter cream icing.
Refrigerate until serving.

Enjoy!

Rich Byrnes

richtor wrote:

> >Hi all.....
> >
> >Well, as everyone who cooks knows, the holidays are alot
> closer than non
> >foodies think! This year, my brother in law is going to be with us
> and he
> >adores pumpkin pie. Since I *don't* I have never made it. Can
> anyone give me

> >their favorite recipes? I promised him I would make at least one

Rich Byrnes

Oct 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/13/98
to richtor
Here's a collection from this newsgroup and others.....

[...]

Title: Fluffy Pumpkin Mousse Pie

Serves 6

1 pie shell, thawed and baked
14 oz pumpkin puree
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 pkg (7gram) unflavoured gelatin
2 tbsp rye whisky
2/3 cup unwhipped nutriwhip
whipped nutriwhip
nutmeg for garnish

In medium saucepan, combine pumpkin puree, sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
Sprinkle with gelatin. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring
occasionally, until sugar and gelatin have dissolved and mixture is
heated through. Transfer to medium owl, chill in fridge for 1 hour.
Whisk rye whisky into pumpkin mixture until smooth. In chilled bowl,
using electric mixer, beat butriwhip at high speed until soft peaks
form. Gradually fold Nutriwhip into pumpkin mixture until well
combined. Chill, covered, in fridge for about 1 hour, or until set.
Spoon into pie shell. Garnish with Nutriwhip and nutmeg.

Origin: Nutriwhip Recipe Booklet.
Shared by: Sharon Stevens, Oct/94.

Chipped from the bottom of Sharon's Igloo ^^oo^^

-End Recipe Export- From the recipe collection of Fred Towner

Title: FROZEN PUMPKIN PIE
Categories: Pies
Yield: 8 Servings

1 Pie shell, 10"; baked
1 pt Vanilla ice cream, softened
2 c Cooked pumpkin
1 c Sugar, granulated
1/2 ts Salt
1/2 ts Ginger
1/4 ts Cloves
1 1/2 c Whipping cream
1 c Almonds, slivered
1/4 c Sugar, granulated

Spread the ice cream in the pie shell and freeze.

Mix pumpkin with one cup sugar and spices. Beat one cup cream until
stiff and fold into pumpkin mixture. Spread over ice cream. Freeze at
least four hours.

Place the almonds and 1/4 cup sugar in pan over low heat. When the
sugar begins to caramelize, stir constantly until golden brown. Cool
on buttered cookie sheet and break apart.

To serve allow pie to soften somewhat, garnish with remaining cream,
whipped, and top with almonds.

From: An Olde Concord Christmas
Shared by: Pat Stockett

Pumpkin Chiffon Praline Pie

Recipe By : Jo Anne Merrill
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Pies

Unbaked 9-Inch Pie Shell
1/3 Cup Butter Or Margarine
1/3 Cup Brown sugar -- packed
1/3 Cup Pecans -- chopped
1 Cup Sugar
1 Envelope Unflavored Gelatin
1 1/2 Teaspoons Pumpkin pie spice
3/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Can Pumpkin,plain -- 16-oz
4 Eggs
3/4 Cup Milk

1-Bake pie shell in preheated 450 degree oven for 15 minutes. Combine
butter or margarine, brown sugar and pecans; spread on bottom of pie
shell.
Bake for 5 minutes longer. Cool crust. 2-Combine 3/4 cup sugar, gelatin,

spice and salt in double
boiler. Stir in pumpkin, slightly beaten egg yolks and milk. Cook,
stirring
constantly, over hot water for 15 minutes. Chill until thickened. 3-Beat
egg
whites until foamy. Beat remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time,
into
egg whites until stiff peaks form. Place meringue in bowl of ice. Beat
pumpkin
mixture until fluffy; fold into meringue. Turn into pie shell. Chill until

firm. Serve topped with whipped cream. Jo Anne Merrill

Title: PUMPKIN CREME BRULEE
Categories: Desserts
Yield: 1 Recipe

1 1/4 c Heavy cream
1/2 Vanilla bean, split
5 lg Egg yolks
6 tb Sugar
1 ts Nutmeg
1/2 c Pumpkin
2 tb Orange liqueur
1/4 c Brown sugar
1/2 ts Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350F.

Bring cream to boil in heavy saucepan. Remove from heat. Add vanilla
bean. Let stand 20 minutes; discard vanilla bean.

Whisk together yolks, 6 tablespoons sugar and nutmeg. Add pumpkin and
orange liqueur and mix until smooth. Whisk in cream mixture. Divide
custard among 6 1/2 cup ramekins. Arrange ramekins in heavy large
baking pan. Add enough hot water to pan to come up halfway up the
sides of ramekins. Bake until sides are set but centers move slightly
when shaken, about 40 minutes. Remove from water bath and cool.
Refrigerate one hour.

Preheat broiler. Sift brown sugar and cinnamon into small bowl.
Sprinkle over custards. Broil 8 inches from heat source until sugar
begins to melt, watching carefully, about 30 seconds. Chill until
serving.

MMMMM
PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Pies

1/4 cup Plain bread crumbs
1/2 cup Sugar + 4 tbls
2 tablespoons Honey
Water
6 Sheets phyllo dough
1 package Unflavored gelatin
12 ounces Evaporated skim milk
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon Ginger
1 cup Canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
2 large Egg whites

Preheat oven to 350~. Combine crumbs and 2 tablespoons sugar in cup. Place

honey and 1 tablespoon water in microwaveproof cup and microwave on High
15
seconds. Lightly coat 9" metal pie pan with vegetable cooking spray and
sprinkle with 2 teaspoons bread-crumb mixture. Place second phyllo sheet
in pan
and spray. Brush hot honey mixture over bottom, sides and edge of phyllo.

Sprinkle entire crust with 1 tablespoon crumbs. Top with phyllo; spray,
then
add crumbs. Repeat entire procedure to make a total of 6 layers, ending
with
phyllo and coating entire crust with honey. With scissors or sharp knife,
trim
dough to overhang by 2". Fold dough under to form rim. Bake 12 minutes or
until
browned. Cool on wire rack. Sprinkle gelatin onto 2 tablespoons cold water
in
cup. Combine evaporated skim milk, 1/2 cup sugar, the cinnamon and ginger
in
saucepan. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly over medium-high heat. Stir

gelatin mixture into hot milk until completely dissolved. Combine pumpkin
and
vanilla in large bowl; add custard and stir until blended. Refrigerate
until
mixture mounds when dropped from a spoon, 30 minutes. Beat egg whites and
remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a mixer bowl until stiff but not dry.
Fold
whites into pumpkin mixture just until blended. Pour into cooled pie
shell.
Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or up to 24 hours. Makes 8 servings. MM:
Patti -
VDRJ67A.

Pumpkin Pecan Pie
Better Homes and Gardens

3 slightly beaten eggs
1 15-ounce can pumpkin
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup dark-colored corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 unbaked 9-inch piecrust
1 cup chopped pecans
Whipped cream (optional)

In a medium mixing bowl combine the eggs, pumpkin, sugar, corn syrup,
vanilla and cinnamon; mix well. Pour into the piecrust. Sprinkle
with the pecans.

Bake in 350 oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted off center
comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate within 2 hours; cover
for longer storage. If desired, serve with whipped cream.

********************
Walnut Pumpkin Pie

JB: poss try w/pecans.

1 6-oz graham cracker crust
1 15 oz can pumpkin
1 14 oz can Sweetened condensed milk (JB: LF/FF)
1 egg
1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp EACH ground ginger, nutmeg and salt
1/4 c firmly packed brown sugar
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 tbsp cold margarine (JB: butter, please!)
3/4 c chopped walnuts

Heat oven to 425°. Combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, egg, ľ
tsp cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt; mix well. Pour into crust. Bake
15 minutes; remove pie. Reduce heat to 350°. Combine sugar, flour and
remaining 1/2 tsp cinnamon; cut in margarine (butter!) until crumbly.
Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle walnut mixture over pie. Bake 40 minutes at
350° or until knife inserted comes out clean. Keebler and Diamond nuts
via bakery-shoppe.

No-Bake Pumpkin Pie

I don't remember if I posted this recipe, even it I did, some might have
missed it and it is so easy and so good. (EMI)

1 envelope Knox unflavored Gelatin
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp,.. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
1 14-ounce can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk(LF/FF))
2 eggs, well beaten
1 16-ounce can pumpkin
1 ready-made crust

In heavy medium saucepan, combine unflavored gelatin, cinnamon, ginger,
nutmeg and salt; stir in sweetened milk and eggs. Mix well and let
stand for one minute. Over low heat cook and stir constantly until
gelatin dissolves and mixture thickens, about 10 minutes. Remove from
heat. Stir in pumpkin. Mix well. Pour into prepared crust and chill
for 3 hours. Ellen M Irvine via TNT.

Campanile Thanksgiving Pie

1 1/2 cups Jewel or Garnett yams
1/2 cup canned pumpkin [I think I'll try fresh next time]
1 vanilla bean
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
2 eggs
1 [egg] yolk
3/4 cup cream plus extra if needed
2 tablespoons milk plus extra if needed
1/3 cup maple syrup
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon brandy
1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger [I used 1 teaspoon]
1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon salt [I used 1/2 teaspoon]
1 to 2 pinches ground cloves [I used 1/4 teaspoon]
1 pinch freshly ground white pepper [I used a couple of grinds of
black pepper]
Baked crust for 1 (9- or 10-inch) pie [I partially baked my crust]
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg

Bake sweet potatoes at 450 degrees F until knife inserts easily,
about 40 minutes. Cool and peel. Puree yams and pumpkin in food
mill into large bowl. [I just whirred the vegetables in the food
processor until they were very smooth.] Set aside.

Melt butter over medium heat in small skillet. Split vanilla bean
and scrape seeds into butter and brown butter with vanilla, 3 to 5
minutes. [Add to pumpkin-yam mixture.]

Combine eggs, egg yolk, cream, milk, syrup, cloves and pepper in
separate bowl until thoroughly mixed. Add to pumpkin-yam mixture.
Strain. [I did not strain because my mixture was already very smooth
thanks to its time in the food processor.] Mixture should be fairly
thin and smooth. It will probably be necessary to thin mixture with
1/4 cup to 6 tablespoons equal parts milk and cream. [I used the
additional 1/4 cup milk-cream mixture.] Mixture should be pourable.

Pour into 9- or 10-inch pre-baked, crimped pie shell.

Combine granulated sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in small bowl.
Sprinkle evenly over pie. Bake at 325 degrees F until slightly
puffed and set in center, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. [My pie was done in 1
hour.]

6 to 8 servings. Each of 8 servings:
440 calories; 312 mg sodium; 134 mg cholesterol; 29 grams fat; 39
grams carbohydrates; 5 grams protein; 0.58 gram fiber.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Double Layer Pumpkin Pie

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Mixes Pies

4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon milk or half-and-half
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 cups Cool Whip, thawed
1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust, 9 inch
1 cup milk or half-and-half
2 packages vanilla instant pudding mix (4-ounce size)
16 ounces canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon cloves

Mix cream cheese, 1 tablespoon milk and sugar in large bowl with wire
whisk
until smooth.
Gently stir in whipped topping. Spread on bottom of crust.
Pour 1 cup milk into bowl. Add pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk until
well
blended, 1-2 minutes.
Stir in pumpkin and spices; mix well. Spread over cream cheese layer.
Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
Garnish with additional whipped topping and nuts if desired.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Pies

1/4 cup Plain bread crumbs
1/2 cup Sugar + 4 Tblsp
[...]

Recipe By : Borden's recipe book

Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories : Pies & Pastries

1 pie crust (9 inch) -- unbaked, *see note 1
2 cups pumpkin puree -- * see note 2
1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 425 deg. In large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix
well. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven
temperature to 350 deg. and bake 35-40 minutes longer, or until knife
inserted 1" from edge comes out clean. Cool. Garnish as desired.
Refrigerate leftovers. Serves 6.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : 1. Crust MUST BE of the "deep dish" variety, otherwise pan
will overflow.
2. Equals one 16-oz can pumpkin puree. Do NOT use "pumpkin pie
filling" as it already contains spices.

"Every day here and at home, we are warned about the enemy. But, who is
the enemy? Is it the alien? Well, we are all alien to one another. Is it
the one who believes differently than we do? No, oh no, my friends. The
enemy is fear. The enemy is ignorance. The enemy is the one who tells you
that you must hate that which is different because, in the end, that hate
will turn on you, and that same hate will destroy you."

Pumpkin Pie Crunch

1 package yellow cake mix
1 can (16 ounces) solid pack pumpkin
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 1/4 cups sugar
4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup butter or margarine, melted
Whipped topping

Preheat oven to 350'F. Grease bottom of 13x9x2 inch pan.
Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and
salt in large bowl. Pour into pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over
pumpkin mixture. Top with pecans. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake at
350'F for 50 to 55 minutes or until golden. Cool completely. Serve with
whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers.
--

Title: Ginger-Snappy Pumpkin Pie
Categories: Desserts

20 Ginger snap cookies
1 Can libby's pumpkin pie mix
2 c Whipped topping
1/4 c Crush peanut brittle

Cover bottom and sides of greased 9in pie pan with whole gingersnap
cookies and place in freezer. In a mixing bowl gently stir togeather
the pumpkin and whipped topping untill thoroughly combined. Pour over
frozen cookie shell and sprinkle with peanut brittle Freeze 4 hours
or over night Remove from freezer 30 to 40 min before serving... top
with wipped cream and cinnamon

MMMMM

ICE CREAM PUMPKIN PIE

22 ginger snaps
1 pt. vanilla ice cream,
softened
1/2 tsp. salt
1 lb. can pumpkin
1 3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup slivered almonds

Put cookies down on pie dish; then break remaining
cookies in half and line the edge. Put softened ice cream on
top; freeze until firm.
Mix together pumpkin, 1 1/2 cups sugar, salt, spices and
vanilla. Whip cream until stiff; fold into pumpkin mix. Pour
over ice cream. Cover with foil and freeze 4 hours.
Topping: Put almonds and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in
skillet; put on low heat and stir quickly. Remove from heat
and spread on waxed paper. Break up when cooled. Sprinkle pie
before serving.
--
Sheryl Heller
Twin Peaks Gourmet Trading Post -- http://tpeaks.com

Fresh Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting

Although fresh pumpkin takes some work, the results are well worth the
effort!
These both turn out well if using a convection oven, but the cooking time
and
temperature would need to be adjusted accordingly.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Fresh Pumpkin Pie

Recipe By : Adapted from Calico Cupboards
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

2 cups pumpkin*
2 eggs
3/4 cup brown sugar -- firmly packed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 2/3 cups Pet Milk
1 9 inch pie crust -- unbaked

Preheat oven to 425 F. Beat eggs slightly in a large bowl; add brown
sugar, 2
cups of the pumpkin puree, salt, and spices; mix well. Stir in evaporated

milk;
our into pastry shell. Bake for 25 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 375 F;
bake
45
minutes or until a thin-bladed knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out
clean.
Let cool slightly or completely. Serve plan, with shipped cream, ice
cream or
with cheddar cheese.

*To use fresh pumpkin:

With a fork, poke a medium sized "sweet or pie" pumpkin in several
places,
going well into the flesh. Place the pumpkin on a cookie sheet lined with

aluminum foil (this helps with the cleanup). Place in a 300 F oven and
let
bake
for around 1 1/2 - 2 hours, or until the pumpkin is soft and the sides
start to
cave in. Let cool until you can handle without burning yourself.
Cut the pumpkin in half and scrape out the seeds and the stringy portion
attached to the seeds. Then scrape out the pumpkin flesh and puree with
blender (I put through a ricer).

NOTE: Although using the canned pumpkin is faster and easier, the best
tasting
pumpkin pie comes from one made with the fresh pumpkin. Any leftover
pumpkin
can be frozen and used later.

Rich Byrnes

Oct 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/13/98
to Jack and Kay Hartman
How about some Pumpkin Cheesecakes?

Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pumpkin Cheesecake with Caramel Swirl
Pumpkin Frangelico Cheesecake
Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake
Pumpkin Cheesecake
PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE WITH BOURBON SOUR CREAM TOPPING
Pumpkin Cheesecake Jimmy G's
Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pumpkin Cheesecake

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

Title: Pumpkin Cheesecake
Categories: Desserts, Pies
Yield: 12 Servings

1 1/4 c Gingersnap cookie crumbs
1/4 c Butter, melted
24 oz Cream cheese
1 c Sugar
1 ts Cinnamon
1 ts Ginger
1/2 ts Cloves
16 oz Pumpkin
4 Eggs
2 T Sugar
12 Walnut halves
3/4 c Heavy Cream

Heat oven to 350F.
Mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press in bottom of springform pan 9x3
inches. Bake 10 minutes; cool.
Reduce oven temperature to 300F.
Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, the cinnamon, ginger and cloves in
4-quart bowl on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Add pumpkin.
Beat in eggs, one at a time, on low speed. Pour over crumb mixture.
Bake until center is firm, about 1-1/4 hours. Cool to room
temperature. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
Cook and stir 2 T. sugar and the walnuts over medium heat until sugar
is melted and nuts are coated. Immediately spread on dinner plate or
aluminum foil; cool. Carefully break nuts apart to separate if
necessary. Cover tightly and store at room temperature no longer than
3 days.

Loosen cheesecake from side of pan; remove side. Beat whipping cream
in chilled 1-1.2 quart bowl until stiff. Spread whipped cream over
top of cheesecake; arrange walnuts on top.

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

Title: Pumpkin Cheesecake with Caramel Swirl
Categories: Desserts, Cakes
Yield: 10 Servings

MMMMM---------------------------CRUST--------------------------------
1 1/2 c Gingersnap cookie crumbs
6 oz Pecans, toasted
1/4 c Brown sugar
1/4 c Butter, melted

MMMMM--------------------------FILLING-------------------------------
32 oz Cream cheese
1 2/3 c Sugar
1 1/2 c Pumpkin, canned
9 tb Heavy cream
1 ts Cinnamon
1 ts Allspice
4 lg Eggs

MMMMM--------------------------TOPPING-------------------------------
1 tb Caramel sauce
1 c Sour cream

FOR CRUST: Preheat oven to 350F.

Finely grind cookies, pecans and sugar in processor. Add melted
butter and blend until combined. Press crust mixture onto bottom and
up sides of 9in. diameter springform pan with 2 3/4in sides.

FOR FILLING: Using electric mixer beat cream cheese and sugar until
light Transfer 3/4 c mixture to small bowl cover tightly and
refrigerate to use for topping. Add pumpkin, 4 Tbsp whipping cream,
cinnamon and allspice to cheese mixture and beat until well combined.
Add eggs 1 at a time, beating just until combined. Pour filling into
crust (filling will almost fill pan) Bake until cheesecake puffs, top
browns and center moves only slightly when pan is shaken, about 1
hour 15 minutes. Transfer cake to rack and cool 10 minutes. Run small
knife around cake pan sides to loosen cake. Cool. Cover tightly and
refrigerate overnight.

TOPPING: Bring remaining 3/4c cream cheese mixture to room temp. Add
remaining 5 Tbsp. whipping cream and stir to combine. Press down firmly
on edges of cheesecake to even thickness. Pour cream cheese mixture
over cake, spreading evenly. Spoon caramel sauce in lines over
topping. Using tip of knife swirl caramel sauce into cream cheese.
Release sides of pan from cheesecake. Spoon sour cream into pastry
bag fitted with small star tip (do not stir before using) Pipe
decorative border around cheesecake and serve. I use the caramel
sauce with the squirt tip to make lines on top, then I pull a
toothpick up and down in the opposite direction to create a web
effect. I have never used the sour cream border and it still tastes
great!!

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

Title: Pumpkin Frangelico Cheesecake
Categories: Desserts
Yield: 10 Servings

MMMMM---------------------------CRUST--------------------------------
24 Gingersnaps
1/2 c Butter; melted
3 tb Sugar

MMMMM--------------------------FILLING-------------------------------
16 oz Cream cheese; softened
16 oz Pumpkin puree
5 Eggs
3/4 c Sugar, brown
1/2 c Frangelico liqueur
3/4 ts Cinnamon, ground
1/2 ts Ginger, ground
1/4 ts Nutmeg, ground
1/8 ts Cloves, ground
1 ts Vanilla extract

MMMMM--------------------------TOPPING-------------------------------
2 c Sour cream
1/4 c Sugar, granulated
1/4 c Frangelico liqueur
10 Hazelnuts, whole

Combine ginger snaps and sugar in food processor and process until
fine. With machine running, add melted butter and process until
crumbly. Pat into bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Freeze for 20
minutes. In food processor or by hand, beat cream cheese, pumpkin,
eggs, sugar, 1/2 cup Frangelico, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and
vanilla until completely smooth. Pour into prepared crust and bake at
350F for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together the sour cream, sugar
and Frangelico for topping. Carefully pour over top of hot cake,
smoothing with a spatula. Bake for 10-15 minutes longer or until
edges begin to bubble. Remove from oven, cool completely and
refrigerate overnight. To serve, run a small knife around the edge of
the cake and then release the spring form. Transfer to serving
platter. Decorate with whipped cream and whole hazelnuts. Leave cake
at room temperature for 45 minutes before serving to improve flavour.

MMMMM

Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Desserts Cheesecakes

2 Cups Vanilla Wafer Crumbs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/4 Cup Margarine -- melted
3 Eggs
16 Ounces Neufchatel Cheese -- softened
1 Cup Pumpkin -- canned
3/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon Ground nutmeg
3/4 Cup Sugar

Combine crumbs and margarine; press into bottom and sides of 9 inch
springform pan. Combine Neufchatel cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla,
mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one
at a time, mixing well after each addition. Reserve 1 cup Neufchatel
Cheese mixture; add pumpkin, remaining sugar and spices to remaining
Neufchatel cheese mixture. Mix well. Layer half of pumpkin mixture and
half of Neufchatel cheese mixture over crust; repeat layers. Cut through
batter with knife several times for marble effect. Bake at 350f 55
minutes. Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan.
Chill. 10-12 servings. From package of Light Philadelphia Brand
Neufchatel Cheese.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : I like to substitute gingersnaps for the vanilla wafers.

Pumpkin Cheesecake
(Corvallis Gazette Times, Wednesday, October 29, 1997)

1 1/3 C Graham Cracker Crumbs
1 C plus 2 Tb Sugar
1 ½ tsp Cinnamon
¼ C melted Butter
3 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
9 oz softened Cream Cheese
1 ½ C Pumpkin puree (homemade or commercially canned, this is NOT
Pumpkin Pie filling)
½ tsp Nutmeg
¼ tsp ground Cloves
1 C Sour Cream

Stir together the graham cracker crumbs, ¼ C of the sugar, and ¼ tsp of
the cinnamon. Mix in the melted butter, and pat mixture into a deep
9-inch pie dish.
(I skipped this whole step and just used a store bought 8-inch pie
crust, and I felt it still tasted just as great. Especially if you are
in a rush!!)

In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and ¾ C of the sugar until light
and fluffy. Add the vanilla and cream cheese; beat until smooth.

Stir in the pumpkin, 1 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Pour into the
pie shell and bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 40 minutes.
Remove; let stand for 5 minutes. Combine the sour cream, remaining 2 Tb
of the sugar, and remaining ¼ tsp cinnamon. Spread on top of the pie,
and bake in 450 degrees oven for 5 minutes. Chill pie before serving.
Makes one 9-inch pie.

Recipe adapted from "The Victory Garden Cookbook," by Marian Morash.

PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE WITH BOURBON SOUR CREAM TOPPING

For the crust
1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs

1/2 cup finely chopped pecans

1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled

For the filling
1 1/2 cups solid pack pumpkin
3 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
three 8-ounce packages cream cheese, cut into bits and softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla

1 tablespoon bourbon liqueur or bourbon if desired

For the toping
2 cups sour cream
2 tablespoons granulated sugar

1 tablespoon bourbon liqueur or bourbon, or to taste

16 pecan halves for garnish

Make the curst: In a bowl comnbine the cracker crumbs, the pecans, and

the sugars, stir in the butter, and press the mixture into the bottom
and 1/2 inch up the side of a buttered 9-inch springform pan. Chill the

curst for 1 hour.

Make the filling: In a a bowl whisk together the pumpkin, the eggs, the
ciinnamon, the nutmeg, the ginger, the salt, and the brown sugar. In a

large bowl with an electric mixer cream together the cream cheese and
the granulated sugar, beat in the cream, the cornstarch, the vanilla,
the bourbon liqueur, and the pumpkin mixture, and beat the filling until
it is smooth.

Pour the fillinf into the curst, bake the cheesecake in the middle of a
preheated 350F.oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until the center is just

set, and let it cool in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes.

Make the topping: In a bowl whisk together the sour cream, the sugar,

and the bourbon liqueur. Spread the sour cream mixture over the top of
the cheesecake and bake the cheesecake for 5 minutes more. Let the
cheesecake cool in the pan on a rack and chill it, covered, overnight.
Remove the side of the pan and garnish the top of the cheesecake with
the pecans.

********

Pumpkin Cheesecake - Jimmy G's

Recipe By : Jimmy G

Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories : Cheesecakes

CRUST
2 cups Vanilla Wafers -- crushed
1/2 cup butter -- melted
1/2 cup Almonds or Pecans -- crushed
FILLING
24 oz cream cheese -- softened
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
16 oz solid packed pumpkin
4 large eggs
5 Spice Seasoning -- to taste
TOPPING
2 cups Whipping cream
Confectionary Sugar -- to taste
1/2 cup Almonds -- crushed
5 Spice Seasoning -- Garnishing

Preheat oven to 325 F. For crust, combine vanilla wafers, nuts, and butter.
Combine until thoroughly mixed. Spray 10-inch springform pan with PAM or
other product. Spread vanilla wafer mixture in springform pan along the
bottom and 1 1/2-inches up the sides. Place in freezer. Filling: Combine
cream cheese and condensed milk in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at
medium speed until completely smooth. Add pumpkin, eggs (one at a time) and 5
Spice Seasonings. Beat with electric mixer until completely mixed. Pour
mixture over prepared crust. Bake at 325 F for 60 minutes in a water bath.
Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in oven for an addition 60 minutes. DO NOT
open oven door. After 60 minutes remove cheesecake from oven and loosen cake
from sides of springform pan. When completely cooled place in refrigerator
over night. Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle on nuts and 5 spice
seasoning.

******************

Here's a cheesecake recipe that looks good; I haven't tried it yet,
but it's from Dusty's English Inn in Eaton Rapids, Michigan:

3/4 C. crushed gingersnaps
1/2 C. toasted ground almonds (hurray, I'm not allergic to those!)
1/4 C. butter, melted

3 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, room temp.
1/2 C. granulated sugar
1/2 C. brown sugar
2 T. cognac, brandy or milk
4 eggs
1 1/2 C. canned pumpkin
1/4 C. dairy sour cream
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. cardamom
1/4 tsp. cloves

Creme Anglaise

**
Combine first 3 ingredients for crust; press into 9 or 10-inch
springform pan, covering bottom and up the sides 1 inch.

Beat remaining ingredients in large bowl, mixing first the cream
cheese, sugars and cognac. Then add eggs, beating on low speed until
just combined. Stir in pumpkin, sour cream and spices.

Pour filling into springform pan. Place in shallow baking pan. Bake
in 375 deg. for 55 to 60 minutes for a 9 inch pan, or 35 to 40 minutes
for a 10 inch pan, or until the center appears nearly set when you
gently shake it.

Cool in pan for 15 minutes (on a rack). Loosen crust from sides of
pan. Cool 30 minutes more. Remove sides of pan and cool completely.

Cover, chill at least 4 hours before serving. Prepare Creme Anglaise
and serve with cheesecake. Makes 12 servings.

Creme Anglaise: In heavy medium saucepan, stir 1 C. whipping cream
and 1/2 C. sugar until mixture just comes to boiling over medium high
heat. Remove from heat. In medium bowl, mix 1/2 C. sugar and 4 egg
yolks. Stir into hot mixture. Cook and stir until mixture just coats
spoon. Remove from heat, strain into clean bowl and add 1 tsp.
vanilla. Cover entire surface with plastic wrap and chill at least one
hour.

Note: Is this "creme Anglaise?" It sounds like vanilla pudding. ;-)

PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE

2 cups crushed gingersnaps (about 40 cookies)
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1 1/2 cups sour cream

Combine crumbs, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, and butter. Press on
bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside. Beat cream cheese and
flour at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add pumpkin
and next 5 ingredients. Pour into prepared crust. Bake at 350° for 30
minutes. Reduce oventemperature to 225°, and bake 1 hour. Cool on a wire
rack 5 minutes. Combine sour cream and remaining 1 tablespoon brown
sugar; spread over cheesecake. Bake 5 more minutes. Cool on a wire rack
30 minutes; cover and chill overnight. Makes 16 to 18 servings.
To reduce fat and calories, you can substitute reduced-fat cream
cheese, light sour cream, low-fat sweetened con

PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE

Graham Cracker Crust:
2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup margarine, softened
Filling:
1 container (24 oz) nonfat ricotta cheese (3 cups )
1 tub (12 oz) light process cream cheese
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
Whites from 2 large eggs
1 can (16 oz) solid pack pumpkin
2 Tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. vanilla

Oven 325*. Lightly grease bottom and sides of a 9x3" spring-form pan.
Crust: Mix cracker crumbs and margarine in a medium size bowl until evenly
moistened. Press over bottom and 2" up side of prepared pan. Filling:
Process ricotta cheese and cream cheese in a food processor about 2
minutes, scraping down 2 or 3 times, until thick and smooth. Add brown
sugar and process until blended. Scrape mixture into a large bowl. Stir in
pumpkin, cornstarch, spice and vanilla until well blended and smooth. Pour
into prepared crust. Bake 1 hour 20 min. Let cool in oven 2 hours. Remove
from oven. Place on wire rack to cool completely. Cover and refrigerate in
pan at least 6 hours or up to 4 days. To serve: run a knife around inside
edge of pan. Remove pan sides. Place cake on plate. Garnish with pecans.
Serves 18.

Enjoy!

Rich Byrnes