Rats!!! Can't find recipe

1 view

Unknown

Jun 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/9/95

Republican Kennedy
My Own Opinions Only

Just a couple months ago I had found a recipe for carmel corn. I went home
last night & looked in my pile of recipes, and dang it all - can't find.

It basically involved 10 cups popped corn

Now this is where I forget the exact amount.

umm......8 ounces brown sugar?

umm......8 ounces butter?

umm......8 ounces corn syrup??

I did post it. Did anyone happen to have picked up and can help me?

Thanks in advance,

Cyndi

Katrine Kirk

Jun 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/9/95

Nowhere in my cookbook collection can I find a recipe for
rats. But perhaps you can make adequate substitutions if
you adapt a recipe for "Small Black Dog Stew"?

Start by skinning and gutting them...

Katrine

Anne P. Mitchell Esq.

Jun 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/9/95
I didn't pick up your recipe, but this is the one I make ever Christmas,
and it's quite a hit. I suspect it's very similar to the one you are
talking about:

**********************************
***** Oven Baked Carmel Corn *****
**********************************

Categories: Dessert Snack Holiday

Calories per serving: Number of Servings: 0
Fat grams per serving: Approx. Cook Time:
Cholesterol per serving: Marks:

INGREDIENTS ------------------------------------------------------------

5 quart popped popcorn
1 cup butter or margarine
2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda

DIRECTIONS ------------------------------------------------------------

Spread freshly popped corn in a large shallow sheet pan. Put it in a
very slow oven (250 degrees) to keep warm and crisp. [Note: I have
made this recipe and omitted this step, leaving the popped corn at
room temperature, with no ill effect.]

Combine butter, brown sugar, corny syrup and salt in a heavy saucepan
(at least 2 quarts in size). Place over medium heat, stirring until
sugar dissolves. Boil until the mixture reaches firm ball stage (248
degrees on a candy thermometer). This will take about 5 minutes.

Remove mixture from heat, and stir in baking soda. Mix in well. This
will cause the mixture to become foamy.

Pour mixture slowly over and into the popped corn, stirring well.

Return popped corn to oven (still at 250 degrees) for 45 to 50
minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool and serve.

To store, store in an airtight container and set in a cool place.

*** Recipe Via Compu-Chef (tm) ***

--
I am: mom, attorney, fathers' rights advocate, founder of F.R.E.E.(tm)
*--> Fathers' Rights & Equality Exchange info: http://www.vix.com/free/

Albert Rosenstein

Jun 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/9/95

Put yourself in a 450 oven which has been preheated, close the door and
enjoy.

Al

--
tro...@netcom.com

Robert M. Hamer

Jun 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/11/95
shed...@vix.com (Anne P. Mitchell Esq.) writes:

... stuff that didn't have anything to do with cooking rats deleted ...

>Subject: Re: Rats!!! Can't find recipe

You could use G. Gordon Liddy's method, detailed as a childhood
delicacy in his autobiography, "Will."

Kill rat with pocketknife, gut, spit on a stick, roast over
fire, gnaw from bone.

--
--(Signature) Robert M. Hamer ha...@gandalf.rutgers.edu 908 932 3145
--(1) "Your" and "You're," or "Their" and "They're" are different words.

Dr Sumi Aota

Jun 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/12/95

Not Rats, but if you look at Farley Mowats book Never Cry Wolf,
you can try mice. Bones ond all. Makes them crunchy!
SHA

Dr Sumihisa Aota zf...@zool.gu.se
ao...@unixg.ubc.ca http://130.241.95.77/
All opinions here are mine and mine alone (muahaha!)
<<Make things as simple as possible, but not simpler>>
-Albert Einstein

Adrienne

Jun 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/12/95
In article <3r9lua$5...@su102w.ess.harris.com>, (Republican Kennedy) says:

>Republican Kennedy
>My Own Opinions Only
>
>Just a couple months ago I had found a recipe for carmel corn. I went home
>last night & looked in my pile of recipes, and dang it all - can't find.

ROTFL!!!

Not that a question about caramel corn is funny and if I had the answer I
would be more than happy to share.

It was actually just the subject line.

My repsonse: Why would anyone want a recipe for rats?

I need to get out more often.

--Adrienne
--Laughing Wild Amid Severest Woe--

Wallace's University Book Store Does NOT Stock Opinions

Robert M. Hamer

Jun 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/13/95
zf...@zool.gu.se (Dr Sumi Aota) writes:

>Not Rats, but if you look at Farley Mowats book Never Cry Wolf,
>you can try mice. Bones ond all. Makes them crunchy!
>SHA

Just watch out for hantavirus. I came across a news item recently
in which a recent study had found that a substantial proportion of
mice (upwards of 5 percent) were positive for hantavirus.

Of course, as one who does and publishes medical research,
we all know how reliable and believable such research is.

Maybe when the 5th study finds a substantial proportion of mice
have hantavirus, I'll believe it.

In the meantime, I won't eat any mice.

Dan Masi

Jun 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/16/95
Well, nothing on rats, but maybe someone saved the recipes
for Mice Romtic? ;-)

--
Dan Masi
Mentor Graphics Corp.

Nancy Dooley

Jun 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/16/95
In article <3rsmt6$ni3$2...@warren.mentorg.com> da...@warren.mentorg.com (Dan Masi) writes:
>From: da...@warren.mentorg.com (Dan Masi)

>Subject: Re: Rats!!! Can't find recipe
>Date: 16 Jun 1995 19:43:34 GMT

Nope; my salamander nonsense got a little "deep," so I tossed it all. And I'm
not a bit sorry, either.

Nancy Dooley

-- There is no love sincerer than the love of food. (George Bernard Shaw)

Barbara Laffan

Jun 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/17/95
My theory is that someone's cat mutated and learned to write,
and became computer-literate, too. I wouldn't waste my time
instructing this creature. They've been eating the things raw
for millenia, so why change now? A suggestion for the poster:
why don't you just go sit in a window, thank God you don't have
to go to work every day, and eat your Fancy Feast? You don't
have thumbs, unless that is another mutation we don't know
about, so how are you going to use the stove? Get a life...rats
deserve to live, too.