Cheeseburger in a can

-bwg

Jan 29, 2008, 2:24:07 PM1/29/08
Hi guys. I haven't been getting to ther ng muvh lately, but I just
came across a blog posting about a cheeseburger in a can and had to
share it with you: <http://gizmodo.com/350091/cheeseburger-in-a-can-is-
both-the-best-and-worst-thing-ive-ever-seen>

best regards,
-bwg

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Vilco

Jan 29, 2008, 4:31:13 PM1/29/08
Sqwertz wrote

> The same company also makes dehydrated wine, that when
> reconstituted with water somehow manages an alcohol
> content of ~9%.

<http://www.trekking-mahlzeiten.de/trekking-mahlzeiten-online-shop/pro
dukte/Getraenkepulver_547.html>

> How do they do THAT?

I quote that. Dehidrated alcohol sounds a bit strange to me now.

> I could really use something like that at
> the stadium.

You can get no booze at the stadiums?!? It must suck, plain and clear
even to me who don't attend to stadium games.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Mark Thorson

Jan 29, 2008, 5:02:07 PM1/29/08
Sqwertz wrote:

> The same company also makes dehydrated wine, that when
> reconstituted with water somehow manages an alcohol
> content of ~9%.
> <http://www.trekking-mahlzeiten.de/trekking-mahlzeiten-online-shop/produkte/Getraenkepulver_547.html>
>
> How do they do THAT? I could really use something like
> that at the stadium.

I assume they don't dehydrate it to a powder. It's
probably like a syrup, with the liquid being mostly
alcohol. In which case, it won't have any advantage
over a liquer with regard to getting it into the
stadium.

Message has been deleted

Mark Thorson

Jan 29, 2008, 5:09:05 PM1/29/08
Vilco wrote:

> You can get no booze at the stadiums?!? It must suck, plain and clear
> even to me who don't attend to stadium games.

More likely, the concession stands have a monopoly
on the booze business.

Message has been deleted

Default User

Jan 29, 2008, 7:22:03 PM1/29/08
Sqwertz wrote:

> The same company also makes dehydrated wine, that when
> reconstituted with water somehow manages an alcohol
> content of ~9%.

> How do they do THAT? I could really use something like that at
> the stadium.

What wine goes with nachos?

Brian

won't shut up.

George

Jan 29, 2008, 7:24:27 PM1/29/08

You can buy booze in stadiums and they serve it in foam cups. They won't
let people bring it in mainly for two reasons. They sell it for really
high prices and they don't want people bringing containers in because
some people throw them.

Message has been deleted

Julia Altshuler

Jan 29, 2008, 7:58:21 PM1/29/08
Default User wrote:

> What wine goes with nachos?

Beer.
--Lia

chefhelen

Jan 29, 2008, 8:48:14 PM1/29/08

"-bwg" <barry...@gmail.com> wrote in message

This frightens me on a level that was heretofore unknown.

:P
helen

Blinky the Shark

Jan 29, 2008, 9:35:43 PM1/29/08
Michael "Dog3" wrote:

> -bwg <barry...@gmail.com> dropped this news:bb02d0e3-4bde-40e5-9ca8-
> 6e0d20...@e23g2000prf.googlegroups.com: in rec.food.cooking

> Oh... mi... Gawd! I think I've seen it all.

This is just another German trick. They're only shipping them to France
and Poland.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Goomba38

Jan 29, 2008, 11:07:14 PM1/29/08
George wrote:
> Vilco wrote:

>> You can get no booze at the stadiums?!? It must suck, plain and clear
>> even to me who don't attend to stadium games.
>
> You can buy booze in stadiums and they serve it in foam cups. They won't
> let people bring it in mainly for two reasons. They sell it for really
> high prices and they don't want people bringing containers in because
> some people throw them.

Ah, the joy of my yearly trip to Augusta for the Master's golf
tournament. Cups of beer for about $2.00 to $2.50 or so (depending on if
you get the collectors cup) and no one (NO ONE!) throws anything!
Veddy ,veddy civilized we are!
I do have some funny stories about folks who get a bit pickled and do
something *seriously* stupid like hijack a golf cart (with horrible
consequences such as permanent loss of badge privileges! And the guilty
parties weren't even the badge holders but had borrowed them for the
day. GASP!) But those events are few and far between.

Message has been deleted

blake murphy

Jan 30, 2008, 3:22:40 PM1/30/08
On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:24:07 -0800 (PST), -bwg <barry...@gmail.com>
wrote:

at least there wasn't a lolcats attached to it.

your pal,
blake

dull knife

Jan 30, 2008, 11:41:32 PM1/30/08
In article
<bb02d0e3-4bde-40e5...@e23g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
-bwg <barry...@gmail.com> wrote:

I did three tours in Vietnam. We ate C-Rations 3 meals a day, 7 days a
week, except for the meal they flew up to us from Danang on Sundays and
holidays. Personally, I liked the Ham & Lima Beans. Everyone else
hated that particular meal, so I could always get two Ham & Lima Beans
for one of anything else. The cases of meals were not marked, so you
took what you got and found out what it was when you opened the box.

I see Ham & Lima Beans in the store. Nalleys makes it. It's too salty
for me in my advanced years (doctors, you know), but for some reason I
think to myself when I pass it, "flashback in a can!"

One more little story this reminds me of. We had a landing zone we
kept cleared just for the helicopter with our weekly hot meal. One day
we heard the helicopter coming on an odd day. So we all ran up to the
LZ just like we always did expecting a hot meal. The helicopter landed
and out the side door the gunner dumped a small crate. Off goes the
chopper and now the Lieutenant is busy with a hammer and crowbar
opening up the crate.

Can you guess what the crate contained?

Bob Terwilliger

Jan 30, 2008, 11:46:21 PM1/30/08
dull knife wrote:

> I did three tours in Vietnam. We ate C-Rations 3 meals a day, 7 days a
> week, except for the meal they flew up to us from Danang on Sundays and
> holidays. Personally, I liked the Ham & Lima Beans. Everyone else
> hated that particular meal, so I could always get two Ham & Lima Beans
> for one of anything else. The cases of meals were not marked, so you
> took what you got and found out what it was when you opened the box.
>
> I see Ham & Lima Beans in the store. Nalleys makes it. It's too salty
> for me in my advanced years (doctors, you know), but for some reason I
> think to myself when I pass it, "flashback in a can!"
>
> One more little story this reminds me of. We had a landing zone we
> kept cleared just for the helicopter with our weekly hot meal. One day
> we heard the helicopter coming on an odd day. So we all ran up to the
> LZ just like we always did expecting a hot meal. The helicopter landed
> and out the side door the gunner dumped a small crate. Off goes the
> chopper and now the Lieutenant is busy with a hammer and crowbar
> opening up the crate.
>
> Can you guess what the crate contained?

My guess would be:

SHAVING CREAM!
Be nice and clean.
Shave every day and you'll always look keen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyNca5ZEuEQ

Bob

Message has been deleted

dull knife

Jan 31, 2008, 3:42:27 PM1/31/08
In article <300120082041326396%ouchimb...@ouchimbleeding.com>, dull
knife <ouchimb...@ouchimbleeding.com> wrote:

> Can you guess what the crate contained?

Bob Terwilliger guessed:
> SHAVING CREAM!

Nope. Nice try. Good, independent thinking there. Bob. Think about
this, tho. Had it been cans of shaving cream, they would have been
emptied right then and there in a big shaving cream fight.

l, not -l wrote:
> We broke meals down and saved bits and pieces to make recipes from.

Remember the C-Ration Cookbook? Bet that's a collector's item.

Everyone traded for what they wanted and got together a few here and
there to juice up their stuff.

l, not -l's guess:
> I hope LRRP rations (for the uninitiated; they were freeze-dried meals, like
> hikers use these days)

Nope. Never saw anything remotely like that in I-Corps. Maybe the
Army had 'em when they came in later on.

Okay, what was in the crate?

Yo-yo's. Someone reported that our morale was low, so yo-yo's was
someone's remedy. Geeze, we had yo-yo this and yo-yo that for maybe a
month before the magic wore off. You know, you put a yo-yo in an
American kid's hand and he's an instant expert. It was fun.

Thanks for guessing.

meist...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2008, 7:57:26 PM1/31/08

that's just gross